Brompton Bar and Grill
243 Brompton Road
London, SW3 2EPNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £26 to £40
Brompton Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bromptonbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 02075898005
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12pm - 3pm, 6pm - 10:30pm
Saturday: 12pm - 3:30pm, 6pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 12pm - 3:30pm, 6pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, French
- Executive Chef: Gary Durrant
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer catering for all types of events. Canape, cocktail or fine dining catering. We will supply chefs and waiting staff to accomdate your event.
- Private Party Facilities: we are able to seat up to 32 persons in our private area. For canape and drinks party we can have up to 50 persons.
- Private Party Contact: BBG Team 02075898005
- Entertainment: Monthly Live Jazz Nights
A word from Brompton Bar and Grill
The Brompton Bar and Grill is Knightsbridge’s local bistro. A zinc topped bar dispenses a range of refreshing cocktails and a long list of excellent value wines from £16 a bottle.Our seasonal menu from acclaimed chef Gary Durrant features mouth-watering starters and simple salads from £4.00, the signature fish stew (£14.00) and simply grilled meat from burgers to ribeye and veal. We are keen on the changing seasons and always promote seasonal food when we can. There is an eclectic collection of cartoon and modern art. The music is unobtrusive with soothing jazz and 60s medleys. The downstairs bar is an ideal place to meet a friend and a frequent evening venue for live music.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brompton Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since 20 October 2013
sunday lunch (13)special occasions (11)business meals (10)fit for foodies (9)romance (7)brunch (3)group bookings (3)pre/post theatre (3)outstanding value (2)outdoor eating (2)child friendly (1)good vegetarian options (1)Show More
- Worth a visitMuslaljeeDined on 25/1/2014Excellent food and very good service. An enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Dont rush.ESUSVIPDined on 11/1/2014Service desperately slow even when the restaurant was half empty, food fine but nothing that made me happy to spend as much as we did. Seated way too close to the kitchen door which always is a recipe for disatisfaction. Plenty of room elsewhere. So, probably perfectly fine for lunch drop-by if youre hungry when you leave the Victoria and Albert Museum, but dont rush over otherwise.Special Features:
- Civilised and DependabledoryedgeVIPDined on 9/1/2014Not 'exciting' or 'fun', heaven be praised, but good reliable food, service and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last meal of 2013JFB86Dined on 31/12/2013Booked for 3 people to have a late dinner on New Year's Eve and was pleased to find space at the Brompton Bar & Grill. The ambience was very pleasant and the service friendly and attentive. We all enjoyed our wine, starters and mains, although my partners fish could have done with a little more seasoning. All in all a wonderful meal in a comfortable space. We would definitely look to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love the informal atmospheredixieDined on 10/12/2013We love the informal atmosphere and friendly staff. Food always of a high standard.Special Features:
- Great foodDcheeDined on 8/12/2013Food was superb. Love that the grilled baby chicken wasn't dry at all. Service was good too. Will definitely visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff were excellent,nyookieDined on 1/12/2013The staff were excellent, esp. the bar man. An enjoyable experience all round, with a wide variety of food offered, as well as drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brompton Bar & GrillVicki192Dined on 29/11/2013Very pleasant food in a buzzy and friendly environment. Would recommend to anyone, but is sligthly pricySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurantYaPeVIPDined on 23/11/2013Was rather impressed with the Brompton bar and grill. The food is very good and even though it's not cheap the prices are quite reasonable for the area. Would definitely recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliable, interesting menurecklessgalDined on 7/11/2013Met a friend for quick lunch, an interesting menu as ever but settled on the burgers! Dont eat these very often but their take on burgers was excellent, very good meat, cooked to perfection (medium rare in my case, well done for my friend) meal including very good home made tomato ketchup! Fries were excellent too.Special Features:
- Shame about the serviceChichiDined on 31/10/2013This grill restaurant has good food of the type implied in its name. It is well located and has a reasonably attractive decor. However, the food took absolutely ages to arrive and people were complaining all around us. By the time the food came, we were too annoyed to enjoy the meal.
- Visited this place after annoneVIPDined on 25/10/2013Visited this place after an evening exhibition at the V&A museum. Did struggle to find as its pin drop on google maps is not in the right place; but once in...... very lovely atmosphere, cool surroundings, sincere service, good selection of drinks and mouth-watering menu Some may perceive it as a bit pricey but you get what you pay for - a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 322 reviews are from the Brompton Bar and Grill reviews archive.
- Excellent service and foodSmithDined on 11/10/2013Waitress successfully anticipated our needs and ensured a wonderful meal/evening was had by all. Would definitely return.
- greatpeeblesblueDined on 26/9/2013chosen at random but what a delight. god food from an excellent menu. Service friendly and set the right tone for a most enjoyable lunch. Definitely go back when next in London. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable dining experienceCaroBDined on 16/9/2013The service was particularly good - the staff welcoming and attentive. We opted for the special-price menu available early evening and we all very much enjoyed our food. A very positive dining experience and would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very good restaurant servingrichardDined on 14/9/2013A very good restaurant serving excellent food with attentive service . The set menu is good value
- Lived up to expectationsStephenphDined on 13/9/2013Invited my brother in law, an ex restaurateur who said it is one of his favourites and had a very enjoyable well served meal, fair value for money in nice surroundings. RFrom the arrival of crisp tasty French baguette and fine butter, ( a comfort factor to me0 we knew that this was a restaurant that knew what it was doing and had a legion of satisfied regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodYvonneDined on 19/8/2013Came here due to the top table offer. The food and service was great the staff were very attentive and they had a good selection of wines. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and convenient locationsouthseasceneDined on 9/8/2013Excellent food and rather unusual. I loved the bone marrow starter and my fish stew. I think the calf's liver was very good too. The chocolate dessert definitely lovely. It's good to find somewhere reasonable to eat near the V&A and Royal Albert Hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, but nothing to write home aboutsparkDined on 7/8/2013The welcome we had was friendly and the staff were good, attentive and approachable. Unfortunately the food was just average, which is a shame as we came to celebrate a birthday. The Top Table menu did not appeal, so we opted for a set menu. The starters were good, the mains were edible. The fish was lovely, but the mixed peppers it came on were greasy. The lamb was a big portion and tasted okay, but the meat was of really poor quality and chewy. It took ages to cut through each piece. We didn't feel inclined to test the dessert menu. Though we were offered a bowl of stale dark chocolate to go with our Americano coffees, which inexplicably was served with a jar of frothed milk.Special Features:
- would of been fine if notporko210Dined on 3/8/2013would of been fine if not for the jar that the pork come in exploding all over my attire and forced me to smell of pork allday!!
- Tasty food, hit & miss serviceCheekyChopsDined on 31/7/2013I originally booked the 3 course option as it seemed like brilliant value. My guest and I stupidly looked at the larger menu (as you're given a smaller choice) and both wanted steak, which wasn't on the top table menu. After we spoke to the waiter about the fact we were willing to pay a supplement for the steak, he point blank refused and was quite rude. We decided to choose from the larger menu, once we'd made this decision the service was poor. The food we had was delicious, the steak was perfectly cooked and the Malbec was one of the best I've tasted. We had a different waitress to end our meal, who was much more pleasant. Overall: food was amazing, service was a little disappointing,Special Features:
- DisappointingLouise10Dined on 21/7/2013We went to the Brompton bar & grill for a Sunday evening meal. The staff were extremely helpful but unfortunately the food was mediocre and the restaurant was extremely quiet. We ordered a T-bone steak with chips and it didn't come close to gauchos or smiths which are both similar prices. The staff were lovely, very helpful, but I wouldn't recommend this restaurant.
- Good quality foodHELnDAMNATIONDined on 18/7/2013The set menu was great value and the food tasty. I would definitely go back, great location if you want a break from the museums or before a prom. Also the service was fantastic.Special Features:
- Good cooking with outstandingSimbaVIPDined on 14/7/2013Good cooking with outstanding chips and a real bargain with the Top Table deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good reliable localgavinsVIPDined on 27/6/2013Lovely neighbourhood French gem, which is a good value for this particular neighborhood if you order well. The price fixe menu is extremely good value, especially for lunch. A la carte, the fish is particularly good, as well as the salads and starters. The service continues to be spotty, relying heavily on the maitre'd to smooth over any mishaps with the less experienced wait staff. I'm very fond of this place for lunch or an early dinner. It is quite small and often packed, so booking is essential.Special Features:
- Stumbled in and came back for morebluedogDined on 24/6/2013We found Brompton after visiting the Victoria and Albert Museum. We loved it. We went back the next night! Both times, our experience was wonderful.Special Features:
- Excellentjp459Dined on 16/6/2013I would have happily paid full price for the standard of food, the deal was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was OK, nothing reallycrystalismDined on 9/6/2013Food was OK, nothing really special. Service was OK too, with staffs coming over to check out on us from time to time. However I do not feel very warm in the restaurant, like I'm just for the sake of having a dinner. Could have been better. Not sure what was wrong though. I thought it'd be better if I could feel like home. Overall I would still recommend for casual dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not excitingAlanDined on 4/6/2013Had a nice meal and a lovely bottle of wine. Food was good with good ingredients and well cooked. Sounds a bit churlish but the menus didn't set the pulse alight, I suppose as a bar and grill that's probably what you'd expect. Overall it was enjoyable but not memorable. Location though was great if you are visiting the Royal Albert Hall afterwards as we wereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BB&GDinerDined on 1/6/2013We really enjoyed our evening at BB&G. Food was excellent and service just right. Very good value on Toptable menu. However the toilets, both the ladies and the gents (which were a bit smelly), are definitely in need of refreshment and refurbishment.Special Features:
- Nice place but food averageMozza81VIPDined on 31/5/2013Staff were friendly and efficient. Food wasn't great, in particular my girlfriend's Brompton Burger which she described as dry - certainly the bun looked unappetising. My bream was nice though - perhaps just best to avoid the burger !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarydiscountcardDined on 29/5/2013Wife and I had dinner here to celebrate our anniversary. We did not tell them so we got treated just like other diners. Great service. Attentive, supportive, welcoming, genuine. Food fantastic. Ambiance just lovely. Wished we had got in for Thursday and the Jazz but our diary did not permit another night in London.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicemontyVIPDined on 27/5/2013The Brompton Bar and Grill is a very good restaurant, highly recommendable. We had been there before and always food and service have been excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impromtu dinner dateSKHANVIPDined on 27/5/2013Despite being busy with a party of close to 70, the service was very attentive. The potted shrimp to start was a poor choice but the rest of the meal was far better. I ordered skate which was cooked perfectly and my husband very much enjoyed his rib eye steak. Chocoltae foundant was lovely and the salted caramel peanut brittle added a wonderful contrast of texture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, fresh food, withoutcanuckfoodieVIPDined on 26/5/2013Good, fresh food, without a lot of fuss. Good service too, and a fantastic bargain if booking their 50% off deal on TopTable!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening with friendsminty1Dined on 24/5/2013In London with friends for the weekend. Chose the Brompton Bar and Grill as not too far away from our hotel and reviews looked good. We were not disappointed and, in fact, it exceeded our expectations. We arrived early but were seated straight away. Had a nice little table in the corner. Service was excellent - very friendly and efficient; attentive but discretely so. Had cocktails before our meal (including one that wasn't on the menu!) - delicious! Food and wine were excellent. Got a good deal by booking through toptable. The atmosphere was just what we were looking for - lively buzz about the place. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and look forward to returning when I'm next in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a discovery!NewfanDined on 19/5/2013The best meal i've had in a long time in London. Been there now for both lunch and dinner. Outstanding chef, immaginative menu, friendly service, and a great atmosphere. Not too noisy but full of life. Jazz night was an added bonus in BBG's downstairs bar. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what was needed!CasabclanDined on 17/5/2013We don't visit London very often so we needed a restaurant for the evening which was reasonable, with a relaxed atmosphere and unsurprisingly with good food - we found it all at this restaurant. Service was attentive without being overbearing. The food was tasty but not over fussy. Our only minor annoyance was that service was automatically added to the bill - I would prefer this to have been left to our discretion and we would have left a tip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhurried lunchBrightontapdancerDined on 16/5/2013Chose this restaurent as really close to V and A for lunch with 2girlfriends prior to our visit to the David Bowie exhibition. Perfect! Great food ... Had a special offer menu, excellent choice and very tasty.I would recommend this to a friend.