Café Andaluz - Edinburgh
77b George Street
Edinburgh, EH2 3EENeighbourhood:
SpanishPrice: £25 and under
Café Andaluz - Edinburgh
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafeandaluz.com/
- Phone: 01312209980
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12pm - 10pm Sunday: 12:30pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Andy Crawford
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Café Andaluz - Edinburgh
Located on George Street in Edinburgh’s New Town, is the latest addition to the Café Andaluz family. Head Chef Andy Crawford and his team aim to provide quality Spanish tapas using the finest and freshest ingredients. Focusing on delivering an authentic Spanish experience, Café Andaluz’s wines are sourced solely from Spain. The Andalucian tasting menu and Gourmet set menu solve the age old problem of deciding what to eat. We recommend Gambas pil pil (hot roast peeled prawns with olive oil, fresh chillies and garlic) and the pato alla frances (confit of duck leg with red wine and thyme).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Café Andaluz - Edinburgh reviews from OpenTable diners
- Couldn't fault anythingluvagooddealDined on 13/9/2012We had the pre-theatre option which was excellent value. Plenty of choices and every dish we had was really tasty. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itYJeffDined on 30/8/2012Live this place, food is great especially the Andalusian black pudding. The pre-theatre menu at £14.95 for 3 tapas and desert is a bargain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never anything but enjoyableTeamMcGDined on 30/8/2012The food is always excellent and service the same - I take clients there often and find that they then start to take their own contacts there due to the above but also a very relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missing BookingHappy1Dined on 20/8/2012Apart from arriving and the restaurant not having my booking, booked via Top Table, which has now happened on 3 occasions, and thankfully they have had spare tables as it was during the week, the food, service and atmosphere are extremely good. There is such a wide range of dishes you can order a few different dishes every time you go. Although in the middle of the city centre when you are inside you could actually believe you are abroad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again, a great time at cafe AndulazMhariDined on 8/8/2012Service, food, wine and ambience was superb. Had a great night at cafe andulaz. Great place to go for a buzzing atmosphere in the heart of busy george street. Would always recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Tasty TapasWaterbabesDined on 28/7/2012We had a lovely range of 6 tapas dishes to share and they were hot, tasty and served quickly. The prawns were especially delicious and the calamari cooked to perfection There is a great range of Spanish wines on the menu at a reasonable price. I also love the little home made chunk of tablet they serve with the fresh peppermint tea. Although it's Scottish it's a great touch in the Edinburgh restaurant. Service was fast and friendly although nothing special there is nothing to complain about either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was FABKillieTwoDined on 21/7/2012Had a great time at Cafe Andaluz. Staff and food were great. Will be back next time I am in Edinburgh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration EveningCatherineDined on 8/7/2012Had a lovely meal here for our 40th Anniversary. Tapas are great, atmosphere really lively for a Sunday night which offers specials. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas LovertapasloverDined on 6/7/2012I am a regular visitor to Cafe Andaluz in George Street, Edinburgh and it never disappoints. The pre-theatre menu is excellent value for money with a great selection of tapas to choose from. The wine list is extensive offering something for every taste/wallet. Friendly, efficient staff. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Disappointing LunchM610Dined on 16/6/2012Overall, a very disappointing visit to a restaurant that has in the past been very good. £18.95 each for a set lunch menu to share (nine items between two of us) is a bit over-priced for the standard of the food served. Four items came as the "first course" and in the main they were quite good. The remaining dishes, however, were stodgy and not up to the standard you would normally expect from this venue. It's doubtful we will visit again, bearing in mind the cost - at just over £60.00 for two of us including wine and coffee, it's just not worthwhile.
- Andaluz 14thJune 2012patriciaDined on 14/6/2012My friend had been previously but I had not. We had most helpful and friendly staff arttending to us, good food and there was a great ambiance in the restaurant. We both would be going back, and recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointstapasloverDined on 8/6/2012Cafe Andaluz is one of my favourite restaurants in Edinburgh. Great range of tapas which are always fresh and nicely presented. The pre-theatre deal is good value for money. It never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodAndrewDined on 2/6/2012Every time I come here we have great service a food. Ambience is good, place is very clean and staff very politeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent venueCharlieDined on 1/6/2012Good food at a great price in a well appointed restaurant that does not scrimp on table space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We return here a lot for dinnerEmmaADined on 5/5/2012We return here a lot for dinner or lunch. Food is lovely, very generous portions for tapas. Beautiful decor and great atmosphere. Service is attentive and puts you at ease. Good location to explore this beautiful city.
- Excellent as always. CafetapasloverDined on 28/4/2012Excellent as always. Cafe Andaluz is one of my favourite places to eat in Edinburgh - I will definitely be back.
- Enjoyed Cafe Andaluz in EdinburghOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 27/4/2012Enjoyed Cafe Andaluz in Edinburgh last night as always. Only one little gripe!! The raspberry pavlova was exceptionally smaller than usual. Usual size gorgeous meringue, but tiny teaspoon of cream and only about 5 raspberries. Still tasted delish though. Waiting staff excellent as usual.
- Fantastic evening- serviceMandyCDined on 21/4/2012Fantastic evening- service top rate, wonderful lively atmosphere and superb food! Top marks as usual.
- Place was very busy but foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 18/4/2012Place was very busy but food and service were great.
- Cafe Andaluz in EdinburghchrfDined on 18/4/2012Cafe Andaluz in Edinburgh is always a pleasure to visit - great food and atmosphere
- Excellent meal at Cafe AndaluzkaygeeDined on 12/4/2012Excellent meal at Cafe Andaluz on Thursday lunch time. Special tapas lunch deal and a jug of sangria. Place was very busy but food and service were great.
- At Cafe Andaluz, EdinburghOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012At Cafe Andaluz, Edinburgh we were welcomed with smiling and helpful staff. Special offers mentioned but no pressure. Food was enjoyable and well presented.
- Great atmosphere, fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 29/3/2012Great atmosphere, fantastic food, attentive staff - first class!
- very nice food, excellentSundaylunchersDined on 24/3/2012very nice food, excellent service. Bit noisy but to be expected on a Saturday night (with my 81 year old Mother) but great atmosphere thought the service was excellent, very efficient
- Am just about to book hereSuzie77Dined on 23/3/2012Am just about to book here again! Love it! Now officially my favourite restaurant!!!
- Excellent food and wine. 3hogbanDined on 23/3/2012Excellent food and wine. 3 dishes for £12.95 is good value.
- Cafe Andaluz in Glasgow hasMissYPDined on 22/3/2012Cafe Andaluz in Glasgow has a great atmosphere and an impressive variety of dishes. Would recommend the patatas bravas and the calamari!
- an enjoyable evening at CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 21/3/2012an enjoyable evening at Cafe Andaluz Edinburgh, as usual food served hot, staff helpful regarding any special dietary requirements.
- Went to Cafe Andaluz in EdinburghbombaymixVIPDined on 6/3/2012Went to Cafe Andaluz in Edinburgh on a Tuesday. Service was fast and good. The food was not too bad, especially the wasabi beef and cheese with orange. The other dishes was average.
- Not authentic tapas, but stillOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/3/2012Not authentic tapas, but still very nice, had the Sunday special 3 tapas dishes and a dessert £14.95 , so stuffed couldn't eat the dessert.
- A beautiful atrium to eatEmmaADined on 2/3/2012A beautiful atrium to eat in. Waiters are quick and friendly, food is what you would expect from a chain tapas, plenty of it but could do better.
- Chose fixed menu with PaellaAnthonyDined on 29/2/2012Chose fixed menu with Paella to keep it simple, and hopefully get a good variety. Paella was not very good. Fish was overcooked. Not very tasty. Most of the tapas were just average. Not sure why this gets such a good rating. I have been to several other good tapas restaurants in other cities and there is no comparison. This is the second tapas restaurant I have been to in Edinburgh and been disapointed. I think I will take them off my dining list for here.
- Cafe Andaluz Edinburgh. SorryKcfrDined on 26/2/2012Cafe Andaluz Edinburgh. Sorry this place just didn't do it for me! I liked the authentic Spanish decor and the staff were friendly. I dinned with friends on Sunday night and there was a good atmosphere but the food let it down. We had 3 Tapas each and not one of the dishes would you describe as excellent, merely acceptable. I expected more.
- The last time we had tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 21/2/2012The last time we had tapas for a meal was at Cafe Andaluz in Glasgow in 2008. We enjoyed their food and service. Now that they have a restaurant in Edinburgh we decided to celebrate our wedding anniversary and ascertain if their food was as good as friends and neighbours claimed. For a Tuesday evening the restaurant was very busy, booking appeared to be necessary, and the whole experience was really worthwhile. One problem, the main toilets were upstairs.
- I went to Cafe Andaluz inLucyshoesDined on 18/2/2012I went to Cafe Andaluz in Edinburgh for an early evening dinner at 6.30pm with a friend. It was already very busy which is a great sign. We had a mixture of tapas plus a bottle of cava and really enjoyed it. Recommend the black pudding with apple chutney as it's delicious!
- Cafe Andaluz - Edinburgh -mattDined on 16/2/2012Cafe Andaluz - Edinburgh - great place and food fantastic - service wasn't the best it has been but still enjoyed.
- The Best Tapas ever!AndreaDined on 15/2/2012We just loved our experience at Cafe Anduluz during our sightseeing trip to Edinburgh - I had read good reviews and we were not disappointed. It is a very authentic restaurant ouzing spanish ambience - Our food was scrumptious, the best tapas we have ever experienced - leaves certain other restaurants standing. Have since recommended it to a friend who is currently visiting Edinburgh. Would have no hesitation is recommending it againSpecial Features:
- We like cafe andaluz - and5eatersDined on 13/2/2012We like cafe andaluz - and eat there whenver we fancy some traditional spanish tapas. The service was pretty good even though we went late, and the food as solid as always. It does what it says on the tin!
- went for lunch at Cafe AndaluzOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2012went for lunch at Cafe Andaluz george street edinburgh, the staff were very helpful and friendly. The food was great and reasonably priced. After the meal there was no rush to get you to vacate your table making the visit very relaxing and enjoyable. Would definately go back.
- Everything I hoped it wouldsammyDined on 5/2/2012Everything I hoped it would be as regards the food.