The Weighbridge, St Helier
Jersey, JE2 3NFNeighbourhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theroyalyacht.com/
- Phone: 01534720511
- Hours of Operation:
Open all day Monday to Sunday: breakfast starts at 9:00pm and last order for dinner at 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Inaka Weerasinghe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private and semi-private available. Advance booking advisable.
- Private Party Contact: Claudio Abreu 01534720511
A word from Cafe Zephyr
Cafe Zephyr is most definitely the place to be seen; fun and alfresco, with an eclectic brasserie menu and something to suit everyone. It is open all day with a great variety of dishes running throughout service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Zephyr reviews from OpenTable diners
- Dining in comfort but with styleMaisonettesDined on 17/8/2013Cafe Zephyr is in an excellent location , is very popular with all ages and you feel very comfortable being there for either a casal drink/meal or a formal celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence all roundStevieFitzDined on 16/8/2013My fiancé and I enjoyed our recent anniversary celebration at cafe zephyr. The service was of the highest order in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Service was of the highest order together with outstanding food. Thank you for making our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening MealCountryLoonDined on 28/7/2013An amazing choice on the menu. The food and service were 1st class. Right in the heart of the town/waterfront. Thoroughly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunchCatherineDined on 24/7/2013Found the atmosphere and the staff very inviting, service was good, furniture and seating was very good and the food was excellent. I would certainly recommend that my business colleagues and friends use Zephyrs. We have also used Zephyrs for staff drinks and the staff are very accomodating, certainly my experience in dining and social drinking have been most enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A table for two was bookedReddogDined on 17/7/2013A table for two was booked outside we were shown our table, The service was expremely slow we had to ask a waitress to take our order as no one came to us we had been waiting 35 minutes. The food eventually came which was very simple and good. I would say the service is very poor they appear to be short staffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NICE MEALgfkw47Dined on 19/5/2013Went for Sunday lunch as described on website only to find it was only available in the main restaurant. However staff were very helpful and were able to get us moved. Menu very limited, although very delicious. However as we were leaving we noticed others being offered food from a carvery trolley which had not been offered to us. Pity - that would have been a better option for us.
- zephyr,Royal YachtptannyDined on 18/5/2013A busy restaurant on saturday night but service was good. Menu extensive for snacks or main meals, The chilli squid was amazing and i would definately have it again Malbec wine was delicious All together a lovely dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used Cafe Zephur for a businessHelsDined on 7/5/2013Used Cafe Zephur for a business lunch. The food is varied and always of good quality. Service could not be faulted. If the weather is good, try to get a table outside, plenty of shade is required and better ambiance than inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not going backJanetDined on 5/5/2013Ordered the tuna steak rare, but saff were unable to advise us it is cut too thin to serve in any other way than well done. Menu did not say it is thinly sliced either. Staff listened but were apathethic and no compensation was given on the bill. They top your wine persistantly and seem more interested is selling versus serving. Acoustists were so bad we could not have a private conversation. They do not operate a single server for one's table so it is like starting a conversation from scratch with each server. The food was good but the dining experience was, unfortunately, very poor.
- OKLovenot2dineDined on 30/4/2013The table we reserved faced directly into the setting sun and I could not see my friend and was blinded by the sun so we moved tables. The bar man seemed to be trying to serve two people at once despite the fact that the bar was not busy. I asked him a question but because he was serving the other person as well he was unable to answer which made me feel like a pest. The waitress kept bumping into the back of my chair quite forcefully several times as she passed. The oil dip we were given had too much vinegar in it and I ended up choking so could not eat any more. Prices were OK. Would I go back? Probably not as there are many other restaurants and cafes where you do not feel that you are being tolerated but welcomed.
- Good, prompt service. GoodFoodisGoodDined on 22/3/2013Good, prompt service. Good quality food enjoyed in a lively and pleasant environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Myself and my daughter hadReddogDined on 21/2/2013Myself and my daughter had salads which were very large and fresh ingredience used.The staff were very friendly and attentive over all good food and quick service, ideal for an hour lunch beak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable evening food wasBobaDined on 5/2/2013Enjoyable evening food was good and the service was goo a little on the noisy side, one point i thought i would make is that the tables were on the large side, certainly for two people i was finding myself leaning forward to hear what my partner was saying at times. Overall though very enjoyable i will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boys lunchColinPDined on 28/1/2013Had a boys lunch - just the two of us. Sushi for starters - my first time, and it was very good.I would order again. Asian Thai noodles for main - large portion, not too spicy and I would order that again too. I would recommend both dishes that I had and will certainly be going back.Special Features:
- Nice but not worth the moneywouldntwreckormendDined on 26/1/2013Great service and friendly staff but let down by poor choice and in my experience very poor basic culinary skills. Also our romantic meal was ruined somewhat being blasted by cold air every time a nearby door opened and having to shout at each other due to noise from the nearby bar.Special Features:
- new years eveluminarDined on 31/12/2012it was a special set menu for dinner. Im not a fan of set menu but as it happened it was a very nice menu and all four of us thoroughly enjoyed it.Special Features:
- DreadfulJeffMcDined on 26/12/2012Booked lunch for my birthday. When we are arrived a waitress told us they were closed until 14:00. Another waiter said if we would wait for a while he would ask the chef 'if' he would do us something to eat. No apology. Dreadful service!
- Xmas jolliekarenDined on 30/11/2012we eat at Cafe Zephyr because we were staying nearby and had dined their before. The food was as good as everSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great12950Dined on 22/11/2012Excellent food and service! Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere, but a bitsteakandchipsDined on 18/11/2012Nice atmosphere, but a bit dark. Tend to bunch diners together when the whole restaurant is available. Got sat next to a very loud group and could have had a much more pleasant dining experience had we been sat further away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Child UNfriendly, poor quality foodLoisDined on 28/10/2012I went to Cafe Zephyr for lunch with a friend and her two young children. It was nearly empty which seemed odd for a Sunday afternoon. The Tennerfest menu was reasonable and the price was good, however the food was distinctly average if not poor. It is not unreasonable to expect very high quality food from here and I have had much better meals here in the past; I could only imagine this was due to the 'cheaper' tennerfest menu? The starter of chicken satay skewers was burnt (charcoal burnt chicken) and the main course of pork curry had very poor cuts of meat which were full of grizzle and fat (inedible and off-putting). A waitress was rude to the children and I was appalled and uncomfortable by how unwelcoming the staff were to them.
- tennerfestrichierichDined on 19/10/2012Great food at an excellent hotel in an excellent location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencelesleyanneDined on 18/10/2012Very nice service, waiter was attentative and pleasant. Lunch was served well within the hour meaning food was not rushed. Atmosphere relaxed and choice of food excellent, would certainly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meetings with colleagues / friendsMrsLion1Dined on 18/10/2012I often use your restaurant for Business meetings and to meet with friends. The reason I have given a poor rating on the food was because the mushroom risotto that I chose this time was really awful, stoggy, sticky and the taste was not good. I have eaten some lovely risotto's in other restaurants but this meal was very poor. Also the service could have been better my colleague was left without a drink and we had trouble finding someone to bring us the bill. However I on a happier note I can honestly say I have had some lovely meals and good service in your restaurant and will return ( avoiding the risotto!.) The table spacing is also good and eating alfresco is lovely here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TennerfestDiscerningCustomerDined on 9/10/2012Excellent value. Had a delicious chicken satay followed by spicy pork. The potatoes were al dente other than that - excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good service. Food wasfosseysDined on 14/9/2012Very good service. Food was very nice though a couple in my party were a little disappointed with the paninis they had ordered. I would definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beside the seaside..bloveDined on 27/8/2012stumbled upon this restaurant on a trip to jersey - decided to search on toptable to see if there were any participating deals - glad it was listed as it is in a great location in town. near to the coast but not too close so no chilly breezes if enjoying meal outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The booking was okay exceptliddieDined on 25/8/2012The booking was okay except when we added people the message didn't get passed on. We got everyone seated anyway. On the evening I asked for a fillet steak and asked the waitress to ensure there was no garlic on it. She said that the fillet steak was marinated in garlic. I and my friends were very surprised by this and asked her to check with the chef, who apparently agreed that it was. The rest of the evening, the food was okay and the service from other waiter was good but the waitress didn't seem to be interested in serving. We had a good night overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Central place for business lunchfood4meDined on 2/8/2012Good menu; good service; good food. Ideal for a weekday business lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lighting was an issue...CoporateDinerDined on 1/8/2012We ate quite early in the evening and the food and service were brilliant. The only issue was that reading the menu (not huge print) in such a dimly lit restaurant was a bit of a challenge for all 3 guests - none of whom have ever had trouble reading a menu before. This was a business dinner and the guests were very impressed with the overall quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousSushifanDined on 19/7/2012Fantastic meal at Zephyr as always. Diverse and imaginative menu, fresh ingredients and great location. Would recommend without hesitation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won ton soup with prawn dumplingsSteveVIPDined on 9/5/2012Won ton soup with prawn dumplings was delicious however my tuna steak was very bad choice, propably not what I was expecting tuna over cooked luck of flavour and seasoning piece of meat on the plate and big chunk fennel on the side. Been told that eat Half so have to pay for It but no one came to check during the meal if everything was ok. Instead received glass of wine on the house as host said she can't fight against chef! Wish chef could taste the food before sending to customer.Special Features:
- Had a fantastic meal and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2012Had a fantastic meal and very friendly and helpfull staff.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2012Great food and atmosphere suits all age groupsWould highly recommend but would book to avoidNot getting inSpecial Features:
- I am a regular at Cafe ZehpherAnonDined on 17/4/2012I am a regular at Cafe Zehpher and it is always consistent. My menu choice wasn't great, but that was my fault. Staff were excellent and very helpful.Special Features:
- food was very good will certainlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2012food was very good will certainly return again and will eat outside once it has warmed upSpecial Features:
- Cafe Zephyr has great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/4/2012Cafe Zephyr has great food and a great vibe with excellent service in good surroundings. Never disappoints! The food choice is a great mix of asian fusion along with a modern take and great presentation of some traditional staples.Special Features:
- Relaxing evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2012We had an enjoyable dinner. Food was really nice and the atmosphere very relaxing.Special Features:
- Stayed at the royal yachtOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 31/3/2012Stayed at the royal yacht and this is one of the restaurants, its great, staff, food, value all super.Special Features:
- It was a very nice relxedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 31/3/2012It was a very nice relxed atmosphere. The food was very nice, the ravioli started was very tasty and the main and desert equaly as good. Service was excellent i would recommend it to others and wil definately return.Special Features: