Caffe Concerto Kensington
88-90 Kensington High Street
London, W8 4SGNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
Caffe Concerto Kensington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caffeconcerto.co.uk/
- Phone: 02074946850
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Caffe Concerto Kensington
Opened in March 2007, across from Kensington high street station, this prominent location has proved a popular destination for the many local businesses and hotel residents to enjoy the modern and calm atmosphere, a great escape from the busy high street Kensington.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Caffe Concerto Kensington reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since 1 November 2013
afternoon tea (3)romance (2)special occasions (1)brunch (1)outstanding value (1)pre/post theatre (1)child friendly (1)fit for foodies (1)group bookings (1)outdoor eating (1)sunday lunch (1)Show More
- Good food good valueManya99Dined on 4/9/2014The food was really tasty and the service is joyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Bad value for the money. Brought me the wrong entree but I ate it as I was hungry. Food is just ok. Service slow even though not crowded.Special Features:
- Pre TheatreASdineDined on 6/3/2014This is the second time we have eaten at Caffe Concerto Kensington and find it very convenient for a meal before going to the Albert Hall as they serve all day. The service is excellent and we were not hassled at all and the quality of the food is of a good standard. The portion size was more than adequate and unfortunately we were unable to try the dessert menu. I used my Tastecard which made it a very reasonably priced meal. I would recommend this restaurant for a meal at any time of day both for quality and service.Special Features:
- evening birthday mealtriciaDined on 26/1/2014Great lovely food presented very well by well trained staff Would definitly returmI would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 16 reviews are from the Caffe Concerto Kensington reviews archive.
- It was okMandycooperDined on 9/4/2013Menu was pretty standard fare - nothing to write home about. The food was ok & the service a bit lacking. It wasn't busy.
- Pleasant experiencehurdlerDined on 30/3/2013We booked online for our visit to London and were very pleased. The food was delicious and there was a very nice warm atmosphere where you felt very comfortable. Good cocktails as well at very reasonable prices. Our only disappointment was that they had run out of the deserts we wanted so had to settle for something else but it was still very good. We liked it that much that we ate at two other branches of Caffe Concerto for breakfast and lunch during our stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food great valueCoffeesnobDined on 5/1/2013We picked Caffe Concerto because it is close to the Royal Albert Hall. We arrived in plenty of time for our show but needn't have worried as the service was efficient and polite and we finished in good time. There was plenty of room and the ambience was great. We were impressed with the quality and quantity of the food and felt we received very good value for money. Try it, you will like it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- evening outeatupDined on 19/12/2012We had a lovely meal (pre theatre) service was quick but not rushed. We still managed to relax and enjoy our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good cafe food. Would go backanniebVIPDined on 17/12/2012Good cafe food. Would go back to caffe concerto but not my favourite type of placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to eat in KensingtonGourmetDined on 15/12/2012Visited this restaurant before going to the Royal Albert Hall, as it is located only a few minutes walk away. Arrived at 11.45am and was offered the brunch menu (or we could have waited for the lunch menu at 12 noon). There was an extensive choice and we were speedily served, as requested, by a very pleasant manager and other servers. The food was good and fresh, the coffee hot and the cakes exceptional. Overall this was a good choice with a lively ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Were we unlucky?metalguruDined on 1/12/2012We were not impressed at this restaurant..have been before was just OK but handy for HSK tube and Al Hall so I thought lets go again. Booked table for 5 not near the front door 6pm..we arrived on time.. no attempt was made to check the booking but was offered a table for 4. Got a table for 6 near the front door after a staff member having a break was moved.Food arrived OK- but 2 plates were chipped. No ketchup etc offered but we managed to get some 'brown sauce' after calling waitress back and we were left to get on with it. The medley of bread was white and brown toasted!! (there was us thinking it might be a bit of panini and a rustic roll!). We ate up and left..after paying the bill in full £79 but not the 12.5% service charge £10 odd.Special Features:
- LovelyAfternoonteatotalDined on 19/10/2012I have now been several times and have not been disappointed. The service is always very good and the atmosphere is nice. It is often hard to find a place where you can have a calm conversation over some tea and cakes without having to shout, but cafe concerto is perfect for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An OK place for brunch or breakfastEmadDined on 9/9/2012We arrived at 11:30 as booked and were shown to our table immediately. The service was not that great as none of the two waitresses nor the manager smiled once! The order was abruptly taken. The drinks arrived 10 minutes after we ordered them, and were missing one. We had to remind the waitress twice of the missing drink! Our food was served together, and was nicely presented and hot. We felt it was overpriced, especially the water (£2.90 for a small bottle!). Prices generally are on the expensive side when compared to their local competition like Cafe Cote or Balance (Both I rate extremely high in every way).Special Features:
- FleveFleveDined on 9/6/2012Great option for some lunch after kensington palace. Especially as the orangery does not take bookings. Caffe Concerto happily took a booking for 7, gave us one of the booth at te back and had a great choice on their menu for lunch time snacks! Cakes were great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All in all an excellent lunch,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 22/4/2012All in all an excellent lunch, with v.good food, pleasant and helpful service. Shall certainly go again next time in London.Special Features:
- We went to Caffe ConcertoDinaDined on 19/3/2012We went to Caffe Concerto after an Awards Ceremony at Kensington Town Hall. As the buffet there was substantial we came to the cafe having heard it's reputation for the desserts. We were not disappointed. The tiramasu and cheesecake were light and delicious. The teas in pretty pyramid packaging were an absolute delight.
- Sad but true!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 19/2/2012I was very disapointed from our visit to Cafe Concerto. First of all they did forget our reservation, second the manager was blaming it on us pretending we did a wrong reservation, even though I had the confirmation email in my hands. I was really disapointed! So we left because he wanted to make us wait 40 minutes.
- We always visit your restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 28/1/2012We always visit your restaurant when we are in London. The athmosphere is very good, and the food also. We come back next time we are in LondonSpecial Features:
- Open table completely failedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2011Open table completely failed to book us a table, next time I will telephone. However the staff were courteous and helpful and accommodated us as quickly as they could. The only space they could find was next to the draughty front door, but the service and the food were very good and our group of nine family and friends had a nice evening. I would go back again.Special Features:
- Fabulous lunch restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/9/2011Fabulous lunch restaurant! Very chic & the food is delicious and affordable. I brought clients & they were very happy with the many options. I had the salmon, which was the tastiest healthy lunch I have ever had. The portions were the perfect size. We did not have dessert, but did have coffee. The coffee was delicious & I will be going back to try one of the many cakes.