Caffe Concerto St.Pauls- One New Change
1 New Change, Unit: SU45
London, EC2V 6DLNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
Caffe Concerto St.Pauls- One New Change
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.caffeconcerto.co.uk/
- Phone: 08443358403
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Saturday - 7am to 11pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music provided by accomplished pianist, singer and saxophonist performing a wide range of jazz standards, Bossa nova, blues pieces, ballads to classical music as you dine at our new venue.
A word from Caffe Concerto St.Pauls- One New Change
Thank you for choosing Caffe Concerto One New Change. Should your plans change, please let us know. We look forward to serving you.Currently we are experiencing a problem with the internet so please call us direct on 0207 494 6857 to get the confirmation of your reservations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Caffe Concerto St.Pauls- One New Change reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since 3 June 2014
group bookings (25)business meals (21)afternoon tea (21)romance (18)brunch (18)child friendly (17)pre/post theatre (14)special occasions (14)outstanding value (11)fit for foodies (8)good vegetarian options (5)sunday lunch (3)disabled access (2)outdoor eating (1)Show More
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/4/2014I'm never disappointed by this place. Amazing food and atmosphere all year round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kimmie1311Dined on 12/4/2014Food ambience and value for money was perfect but service was very slowI would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreEclecticdinerDined on 1/4/2014Nothing special at all and overpriced. My goats cheese salad was disappointing. Whilst the slab of goats cheese was okay the actual salad just consisted of a pile of one kind of salad leaf with minimal dressing and a small roasted pepper on the side.
- Italian hidden gem!ladythatlunchesDined on 28/3/2014Lovely Italian food, fresh pasta. The waiters are very helpful and friendly. I've been here many times before with both my work colleagues and daughters, it never fails to impress! A large restaurant with high ceilings and classy decor with rich colours and chandeliers, but even when full it is not noisy and you can enjoy a lovely lunch with friends. Enjoy!!Special Features:
- Great placeSuzyqDined on 19/3/2014We went to Cafe Concerto as a group of 10 people for lunch. The restaurant was only ever half full but it seemed to take a long time to get our food. Food was very good all round, only one person wasn't struck on their meal. Portions could have been slightly bigger. Overall it's reasonably price food in a nice setting. I'd go there again and recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value, poor serviceimpweetyDined on 13/3/2014The food was great given that we had a 50% discount on the ala carte items through our booking with Toptable. There was also live piano music and singing, which was nice, but made it a little difficult to chat over the music as we were sat right next to the stage. We found it extremely difficult to get attention from the service staff, and when we do, they always seem to be in a hurry to leave the table for something else, which spoilt our night a little.Special Features:
- Slightly Disappointing eveningFoodieDined on 19/2/2014Been here several times with friends and have never been disappointed. Unfortunately this time we had a hiccup. We ordered Parsnip & Potato soup but were served a Seafood soup. The giveaway was a large prawn in the bowl. We asked the waiter after a few mouthfuls & after he checked with the kitchen, we were told that they had run out of the soup we had ordered & were happy to change the soup for something else. I found the whole episode somewhat embarrassing and slightly concerning. What if my guest was allergic to seafood? The pasta main courses were good and overall the meal was satisfactory but the service left a little to be desired. We had to wait quite a while before we got the menus and a further while before our order was takenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business team lunchRuthieDined on 19/2/2014Took my team out for a random lunch here one day and it was lovely, more than you're standard Italian restaurant and got great cakes! Wide choice on the menu which was why I chose it and nice decor which made the lunch feel special. Restaurant to suit all occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!!SpecialKJKKDined on 18/2/2014Always have a great time when I go to this restaurant and event better when they have entertainment in the background. Food and Service is excellent! There's a 50% off of food at the moment and this is excellent value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereRafaGDined on 14/2/2014I really enjoyed my time there last Friday. Great service, great live music. The food was good mostly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was really goodRunaDined on 13/2/2014A good venue for relaxing catch up with friends. The table not too crowded and had nice pianist and singer in the background. I enjoyed the atmosphere in the restaurant. Service was very good but not rushed so you felt you could take yuor time. Always recommend as a good venue for catching up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great with discountATalwaysDined on 10/2/2014I been to CC previously and their pasta and desserts are amazing. This time round it was good, shame we couldn’t get discount on their desserts or drinks as previously it was part of the offer. I wouldn’t recommend the antipasti or not the mix fish grill that my friend had both were average. Overall it was okay especially with the discount and the service was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice food and staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 25/1/2014Booked here for a party of 8. The restaurant is nice, very cosy atmosphere. Very happy our the meal: try the spaghetti a la pescatore, chikcen and mushrooms rigatoni or pumpkin and goat cheese rigatoni. Desserts were delicious, although no many choices left so need to be quick! They are very tasty and obviously very popular!!! Special thanks to Livio, we had a good time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a coffee/drink - Food AvgBatchelorVIPDined on 10/1/2014Not great experience on the food front. Alright for a drink
- Its the secind time I haveTee12Dined on 23/12/2013Its the secind time I have gone there and the food was fantastic. Fine dinning at a very reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service a bit slowDine4pleasureDined on 13/12/2013I ate here with a group of 8 with work. Initial service was fine, but slowed as the meal progressed. We had to grab the attention of the waiters. By the time we were ready to order coffees we nearly changed our minds, as it took some time to order. All round: good venue, good food, friendly but slow service.Special Features:
- DisappointingJohnnyDined on 12/12/2013If you ignore the too loud, slightly drunk, live music which would have been pleasant enough if you could hear yourself over it, what really lets this plAce down. Is the service. There are ample staff who seem to busy themselves with to-ing and fro-ing, cleaning tables etc. well before paying attention to diners. The rubber squid did not help to recommend the place and, while the main courses were perfectly acceptable, we decided to skip dessert And get the bill after waiting more than 20 mins for somebody to come and take a dessert order. It is no wonder that ziZzi next door was fully booked.
- Nice venue for relaxing catch upElfLVIPDined on 12/12/2013Café Concerto at One New Change is a good venue for relaxing catch up with friends. 7 of us had dinner on Thur for x'mas catch up. Table not too crowded and had nice pianist and singer in the background. Nice atmosphere and good service. Always recommend as a good venue for catching up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great start to ChristmasKateDined on 11/12/2013Caffe Concerto helped us start our Christmas celebrations. The service was excellent, attentive without rushing us, the food was great. Would definitely recommend for good service and a great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealCaroldDined on 10/12/2013Had a lovely lunch and really enjoyed the atmosphere in the restaurant. Service was very good but not rushed so you felt you could take as much time as you wanted. Food was delicious and very fresh and hot where appropriate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable eveningRikaDined on 29/11/2013We randomly booked this restaurant as we wanted somewhere on the central line and the reviews were good! It doesnt dissapoint. The food is good and the waiters are great and convinced me to change my order for the wine - and I'm happy I did! There is live music playing so the ambience is wonderful too. I wish more restaurants did this. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodStuffedVIPDined on 29/11/2013Met a friend and her 6-month old baby at Friday lunchtime. Have been for dinner a couple of times before and liked the food and atmosphere, which is more cosy and festive than other Italian chains. Requested space for a baby buggy in the booking, which was accommodated. Overall, another positive experience here, with attentive service, despite being a busy lunchtime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food!SimonDined on 12/11/2013From the taste card they offer 50% off which is a great bargain and they didn't sacrifice any food qualities by doing that discount, I would strongly recommend you to go from Monday to Thursday then you can enjoy that 50% off (not friday to sunday unfortunately), for two people the bill is around 40 pounds after discount which i think is reasonable enough for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Milestone Birthday MealSaglantDined on 9/11/2013Booked Concerto with Toptable after choosing a St Paul's area Hotel for my wife's Milestone Birthday weekend. We went to a matinee performance of the Jersey Boys in the West End. On emerging from the performance I was extremely pleased I had booked the city venue for the evening meal, the West End was heaving. We had ample time to have a wash and brush up at the Hotel and make the short walk to the venue in time for a 7.30pm booking. We really enjoyed the food at Caffe Concerto and the service was attentive without being overbearing. We both said we would have no hesitancy in returning again. SaglantSpecial Features:
- Cafe Concerto St Paul'sEmmaDined on 9/11/2013The food was heavenly the service was great would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was very poor,RootDined on 9/11/2013The service was very poor, waited half hour to be asked what we wanted to order, we ordered 3 cream teas and the cakes came 20 minutes after the tea so had to order more tea then that came 10 mins after we had the cakes, we had to ask for our last order which was a slice of gateaux it did not even have to be cooked, so why was the wait so long???? one of our party had to leave to catch a train so we had to cancel one cream tea, over all service was very poor would never go there again!!!! our visit was on the 9/11/2013 table booked for 1.30pm, I might ad that ttere was also a group of ladies who also complained to he manager so it was not just us!!!!!!
- Great food and a lovely environmentBeckyDined on 29/10/2013The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the food was delicious. This is a great restaurant, and definitely value for money. The interior and nicely done and the staff left you alone meaning that we could relax and enjoy the meal in peace. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely meal, great value.MunchMunchMunchVIPDined on 14/10/2013Lovely meal, great value. Staff a little over-attentive, was asked four times how our meal was! Have been many times for a casual lunch with friends. Recommended.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 584 reviews are from the Caffe Concerto St.Pauls- One New Change reviews archive.
- Caffe Concerto St.Pauls- One New ChBennyDined on 20/9/2013Although the food was great we had wait over 40 minutes to get our waiters attention to order dessert. I appreciate he was busy but 40 minutes is too long to wait for him to say he'll be with us (after which we waited a further minimum 5 minutes)Special Features:
- Tastecard applicable on desert?fungkanDined on 17/9/2013I ask the waiter whether the desert can get 50% off with tastecard. Surprisingly he cannot tell me and neither try to figure it out for us. Quite disappointed indeed.......
- We were treated to a veryLifesearcherDined on 15/9/2013We were treated to a very tasty Sunday roast beef lunch. Service was very good, the venue is comfortable, not too crowded with attractive decor. It is worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Champagne Afternoon teaWelshandproudDined on 15/9/2013We went for afternoon tea to celebrate a friends 50th birthday. The staff were very friendly and the service was very good. As we hadn't seen each other for a while we were there for 3 hours. At no point did we feel pressurised to move. Its a great restaurant which I would throughly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeToscaDined on 7/9/2013Went there on Saturday evening, quiet in there due to it's city location but the service was very good and the music was lovely. Would recommend this restaurant as always found the food cooked and presented to a high standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time had by alloldbankdinersDined on 2/9/2013We were 3 ladies on a day out celebrating 50 years of friendship. We meet up every year in London and this time we chose Caffe Concerto, New Change for our lunch as we used to work (which was where we met) in the building which used to stand on the site now occupied by No.1 New Change. We had a lovely welcome and were looked after the whole time we were there. We were not rushed and just sat and chatted over our meal. As a surprise we were treated to a lovely bottle of champagne by the daughter of one of us, which made it really special. All the staff were very good to us. We would certainly go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK......Hels72VIPDined on 21/8/2013I have been here lots of times and generally very good, this time we waited over 45 minutes for our food which was disappointing. Shame as the food is very nice, so will return for more outstanding lunches and dinnersSpecial Features:
- Nice Italian in The CityChrisKDined on 13/8/2013We has been to The Globe & needed the Central Line home so Cafe Concerto, One New Change was ideally situated. As a group of 7 we were welcomed and given a nice table. We,we're able to use our Tastecards which was a bonus. We had all sorts of dishes - pasta, risotto, salads and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the food. The desserts were beautiful pastries and gateaux, all delicious. We will return when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold foodAllureDined on 12/8/2013I have visited this restaurant on a number of occasions however the recent visit was very disappointing. We were a table of 6 and 4/6 dishes were served lukewarm. The restaurant didnt offer any complimentary meals to make up for the poor quality.Special Features:
- Good food and and we tookLibbyDined on 31/7/2013Good food and and we took advantage of the 50% off the food offer. We were a small group catching up which was a great location ofr us all. Only thing I would say was the pianist was possibly a bit too loud as back gorund music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time for a changeSassnechDined on 30/7/2013I normally meet up with 3 ladies every two months and this year we have mostly eaten here. It's a lovely place with great food to offer but it's now time for a change. The last couple of visits the food has been returned cold and unfortunately the service isn't how it used to be. But I may have eaten there too many times so do go for yourself and try. A great menu is on offer and the deserts are to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Italian in The CityKMCDDined on 2/7/2013Food was very tasty and with 50% off it was a bargain! Good portion sizes, good location and nice atmosphere. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.