Caffe Mamma Ristorante
110 Kew Road
London, TW9 2PQNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
Caffe Mamma Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caffemamma.co.uk/cmdesc1.html
- Phone: 02089488330
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Sunday 12pm to 11pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Caffe Mamma Ristorante
Mamma Ristorante, in various guises, has been a west London fixture and firm favourite with locals for over 25 years. The current restaurant is on Richmond's Kew Road, easy walking distance from Kew Gardens, and the shops and transport links of Richmond. The décor is wonderfully quirky; the restaurant is decked out to look like a courtyard in Italy, complete with washing lines hung with clothes strung over the tables. As for the food, the extensive menu is full of authentic Italian classics, just like mamma used to make. Diners can choose from a range of tempting antipasti, salads, pastas and risottos, pizzas, meat and seafood dishes, as well as a range of classic Italian desserts. The fresh, tasty food, friendly service, affordable wine list and welcoming atmosphere all go down well with customers and ensure Mamma Ristorante will remain a Richmond institution for many years to come.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Caffe Mamma Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since 26 May 2014
child friendly (23)group bookings (20)outstanding value (19)special occasions (13)sunday lunch (13)fit for foodies (13)romance (12)business meals (10)outdoor eating (10)pre/post theatre (9)good vegetarian options (8)brunch (1)disabled access (1)Show More
- KellyAKellyDined on 2/9/2014Lovely and authentic food. Child friendly and easy to eat outside if you have a buggy or pram.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PastaIRofRVIPDined on 28/8/2014Very tasty homemade ravioli, with a good salmon filling. This was on the "Specials" menu, which I have found is always what one should plump for.
- Great value, good food and serviceLuvgr8foodDined on 10/8/2014We had a lovely lunch on a rainy day after a morning's show at the theatre. The restaurant is memorable for the lines of interesting t-shirts on the washing lines, replicating those you find in Italy. The service was good, and the people were lovely and very good with the two four year olds in our party. The food was very good and great value. We would definitely recommend Caffe Mamma and we will be back.Special Features:
- YummyW5W5Dined on 24/7/2014Great Italian food. We were a party of 9, and we all had a fantastic evening. We would definitely go again. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homely Italian with personal touchJohnVIPDined on 29/6/2014Close to the Centre of Richmond, our first visit was very enjoyable. Tasty food, good portions and attentive service. The starters were a little expensive but reasonably priced and decent house wine. A newly installed stair lift provides access to toilets for the frail but no wheelchair acccess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Italian restaurantCrazydaneDined on 18/6/2014I have been to Mamma's many times before - since this is one of my local restaurants. I always love the place - the food is nice, the people are friendly and it is a very relaxed atmosphere, so you can just sit back an enjoy. Would highly recommend the place for a nice Italian experience.Special Features:
- Our standby (non-chain) ItalianMartinDined on 7/6/2014Dinner for four on a June Saturday evening - restaurant nearly full, and dining outside possible (but we did not choose it because of traffic noise). Italian food certainly, but perhaps a little blander than most (not much salt used)? Friendly service. Not cheap - £33 per head for three courses and half bottle of the house wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 31/5/2014Vibrant welcoming friendly restaurant serving excellent food in the traditional Italian way.Special Features:
- Pre Sports AfternoonFoodyDined on 31/5/2014Service very good from friendly and attentive staff. Food well prepared and tasty. Friendly ambiance in the restaurant from other diners. Most enjoyable and will return. Great value.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian eating experienceBluebellDined on 30/5/2014We were a party of ten and we are all in agreement about the fantastic standard of food and service. The staff are welcoming, friendly and attentive. We all ate something different and no one was disappointed. The atmosphere is lively and authentic Italian. We have already recommended it to several friends. Will definitely dine here again when in Richmond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local eaterieJennikewDined on 27/5/2014Caffe Mamma in Richmond is a great local asset, providing good quality Italian food at very reasonable prices. Perfect for a meeting of friends, or simply if you fancy a meal out!Special Features:
- Soggydaveq4Dined on 6/5/2014Nice restaurant that I used to go to some years ago. My partner and I went on a Tuesday evening. On arrival we noticed the restaurant next door was very busy and Caffe Mamma only had two tables dining. Nice service, but for an established Italian restaurant we found the food very average verging on poor. Very soggy calamari, prawns had a weird taste. Smoked salmon pasta very bland, lack of smoked salmon and my pizza was soggy, hard egg, minimal meat and bland. I've had better pizzas in Pizza Express!
- Nice PlaceNikiDined on 25/4/2014Good food well presented by friendly staff. Although they got my order wrong but I decided not to say anything as what they sent looked delicious too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with friendsCarmensitaDined on 12/4/2014Delicious imaginative freshly cooked meal with good service. Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must go to Caffe MamaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014It's charming, the people are warm and welcoming, the service is spot on and the food is first class - I have not eaten better Italian food in the UK. Don't wait and don't go elsewhere, go to Caffe Mamma - we loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really loved that place andCaroDined on 28/3/2014Really loved that place and the food was just superb. We had a great evening, service was really good too. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice traditional Italian restaurantMB58Dined on 20/2/2014Caffe Mamma was a traditional Italian restaurant. Staff were efficient and friendly. The food was of a good quality and was typical of the expected menu from this type of restaurant. Nothing particularly innovative but well done all the same. House white wine seemed a bit pricey and frankly wasn't that great. Might have been a bit expensive overall if it had not been for the 20% discount offer.
- Good spot for a bite to eatIloveFoodDined on 14/2/2014Its a decent local restaurant. Food is tasty and generous, & with the TT 20% off discount is of reasonable price. Ive certainly had better tasting Italian food but ive had muvh worse. Service was slow however. We were waiting 5 minutes before we were seen and had to wait another 5 minutes before our table became available.Special Features:
- Great value traditional ItalianPaulDined on 8/2/2014The waiters are friendly, the food good and the prices very fair at Caffe Mama in Kew Road. The washing still hangs from the ceiling as it did in their old venue near the Odeon in central Richmond. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceJNormDined on 5/2/2014Took some clients along for a meal without knowing a great deal about the place. Food was amazing and had a fantastic night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MammaIRofRVIPDined on 27/12/2013This is a cheerful, basic and standard Italian restaurant. The food is OK, if not special. The service is unfailingly smiling and cheerful. For my local a-few-minutes-from-home eatery it serves me well and I shall continue to use it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- our favourite restaurantnishaDined on 17/12/2013Caffe Mamma is always great. Brilliant food (and we are fussy), great value and we always receive the best service. Guaranteed great food and a lovely night out every time. Always our first choice. XSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItaliandannyDined on 2/11/2013The atmosphere is noisy bustle and complimlented by the great Italian banter between the staff. Friendly staff who work hard but actually enjoy what they are doing. I had the Ravioli on special the best I have ever had. If you like veal my friends who had it said it was specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was shown to the table,ELGRNDined on 2/11/2013I was shown to the table, but the others in my party were just told to go upstairs. The service was slow which I thought was due to the other large groups in the restaurant but they had left by the time we wanted to pay the bill so didn't explain why the bill was brought over and after 20 minutes of waiting we had to ask to pay it! The food was a bit bland but the portions were generous and it was good value for what we got.Special Features:
- Good mealClissDined on 1/11/2013Good value set menu tasty wine fair priced house wine. Nice meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choiceTeawithRachaelVIPDined on 23/10/2013We always have a lovely meal here - fantastic, authentic Italian food, friendly, attentive service, good wine - and all at very reasonable prices. I recommend this restaurant heartily!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- caffe mammaGenoDined on 22/10/2013I dined with a friend on a quiet Tuesday eve at Caffe Mamma on a 20% off a la carte menu. Service was fine and my prosecco chilled. The starter bruschetta was a very good and a generous portion but our main course pasta dishes were fairly average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic italian restaurant...Marina183VIPDined on 19/10/2013Charming Italian restaurant with lots of charm, character and a menu to match - potentially the best carbonara I've ever had! Service wonderful too - go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Feel to this place lovelyDoddieDined on 12/10/2013Great Feel to this place lovely setting, Great Service very friendly . Came here to celebrate my Stepsons 18th we were a party of 6. Great Time had by all. will be back.Special Features:
- excellent risotto, cookedlubruDined on 26/9/2013excellent risotto, cooked to perfection which is quite difficult to find in a restaurant. good value for money as well.
- The following 128 reviews are from the Caffe Mamma Ristorante reviews archive.
- Excellent Service at Cafe mammaTwizLizDined on 7/9/2013Although the place looked like an ordinary Italian Restaurant next to a very fancy place. The service was very convincing. The guys put on their Italian charme, spoke Italian to Italy lovers and were fast almost personal in their service. Our table came in at 9 PM and they were already running since 5PM but really nothing was too much. The food was great and in the end we walked out thinking we had dinner in the best restaurant in town. Very well done! I can recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great starter and specialbombaymixVIPDined on 23/8/2013I have been here 3 times and the food has always been great. Sardines starter and the special of the day (black ink tagliatelle with scampi) were amazing. Looking forward to the next special of the day when I come again soon!Special Features:
- Convenient place to bring kidsCduffyDined on 23/8/2013Had my brother and his 9 year old son visiting so wanted somewhere which was child friendly and has a kids menu. The food was family style with good volume. Service is friendly but a bit slow to get the bill paid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Italian Traditon in RichmondRichmondDined on 14/6/2013A new location for an Italian tradition in Richmond still recognisable by the full clothes lines strung up above the diners. A fully comprehensive menu with each dish superbly cooked and presented.Special Features:
- Although the service was reasonablyAnonDined on 7/6/2013Although the service was reasonably good - we had to wait a long time to receive the bill. When it arrived it was wrong and the waiter had 'forgotten' to deduct the 20% as per the TT Offer. The food was disappointing - the fish was overcooked to the extent that it was dry and the portions were far too large - and therefore wasteful. The ambiance was fairly lively early in the evening, but the restaurant was empty by about 10.00 pm. Would unfortunately not recommend, given that there are so many excellent restaurants in the area.
- Food was ok but not made toMikeDined on 7/6/2013Food was ok but not made to feel welcome as a Toptable customer. Initially, they lost our booking and at the end they did not deduct the 20% discount. They amended the bill when this was pointed out but did not offer an apology. We noticed that the adjacent table was also booked through Toptable and they had the same problem.
- We had a lovely lunch at CaffeanonVIPDined on 1/6/2013We had a lovely lunch at Caffe Mamma which was enjoyed by all our group. It has a friendly atmosphere and is good value, particularly for the area. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, honest, Italian foodTeawithRachaelVIPDined on 25/5/2013This restaurant has a warm, friendly, family atmosphere, with an extensive menu of hearty, honest Italian food. If you want genuine Italian flavours and a comforting meal, this is the place to go! I particularly recommend the Bruschetta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchtimeFoodyDined on 25/5/2013Efficient and friendly service. Extensive menu , fairly priced. Food arrived promptly. Would use again if in the area.
- Excellent food and ambiencebombaymixVIPDined on 4/5/2013I have heard great reviews about this family run restaurant and it certainly did not disappoint. The tagliatelle with liver and onions was on the Specials menu and it was the best pasta I have tasted in a while. Not the usual carbonara or bolognaise so it's great to see original pasta dishes. I loved the Italian ambience with small tables next to each other and everyone chatting loudly and having a great time. Will definitely come back again.Special Features: