Camden Bar & Kitchen
102 Camden High Street
London, NW1 0LUNeighbourhood:
MediterraneanPrice: £25 and under
Camden Bar & Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.camdenbarandkitchen.com/
- Phone: 02074852744
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Sun : 10:00am - 5:30pm Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Sun 6:00pm - 9:30pm Fri,Sat: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Camden Bar & Kitchen
Camden Bar and Kitchen restaurant occupies a plum spot on bustling Camden High Street and has been under the same ownership since 1989; if you need another reason to try it, how about the great vibe and appealing food at reasonable prices. It’s perfect for a fortifying brunch or lunch before a trip to the markets, or to Regents Park. Evening brings a range of tempting cocktails and a full a la carte dinner menu, including stone baked pizzas, making it a convenient stop-off between Camden’s happening music venues and clubs. The look is eclectic and bohemian, with a wooden tables and chairs surrounded by wallpapered walls hung with rock memorabilia and illuminated by crystal chandeliers. A central fireplace means the Camden Bar and Kitchen’s a cosy place to hide out in winter, but when the sun’s out, the tables by the giant windows are the place to be. All year round Camden-ites and visitors alike can kick back, relax and enjoy the retro tunes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Camden Bar & Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
- I had a lovely meal in CamdenjenvVIPDined on 29/10/2012I had a lovely meal in Camden Bar & Kitchen, great home cooked food in a warm and pleasant atmosphere. They also have a good wine selection.Special Features:
- Very helpful serviceKateRDined on 25/8/2012As a coeliac sufferer, it can be difficult when eating out. The service at Camden Bar and Kitchen was great and very helpful in letting me know what I could and couldn't eat, as well as adapting dishes to suit my needs. The venue itself is very cosy and I would definitiely recommend it.Special Features:
- good value, good serviceloveeatingDined on 8/8/2012We had a great meal and the menu was broad. The wine list was simple but covered all options and not overpriced. The service was great and prompt. Good for casual dining and catching up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great leaving doljxxxDined on 19/7/2012Brilliant food and service. there were 10 of us that were well looked after and we even got a bottle of bubbly on the house. loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageCamdengirlDined on 3/7/2012The noise level in the restaurant is ridiculous and over-all it feels like sitting in a café having a meal - nothing is very spectacular about it.
- Great service and good foodDaveDined on 29/6/2012Went for dinner on a Friday night, all the staff were friendly and attentive. Overall a very nice meal.Special Features:
- Chilled in Camdenseapeabee2Dined on 29/6/2012Bags a window seat and people watch in the relaxed Camden Bar and Kitchen. Menu is simple, including decent pizzas andgood value. Convenient for a quick dinner before a gig at the Jazz Cafe. Comfortable sofas for a more leisurely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small, initimate buzzy restaurant,AMANDAVIPDined on 26/6/2012Small, initimate buzzy restaurant, fantastic service, happy helpful staff. Good wholesome food. Would visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good place to have casualfoodiesDined on 26/6/2012good place to have casual dinner. good food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant eveningjanetrDined on 20/6/2012A girlfriend and I had a very enjoyable meal. The fishcake I ordered was very tasty and though initially there didn't look a lot to eat on my plate, the fishcake was so tasty and rich it was fine as served. My banoffee pie was delicious and we will certainly return to try something else! Only downer were the open doors - very nice as it was a rare sunny evening but the traffic noise was excessive at times...Special Features:
- louise from the northcollinDined on 13/6/2012After a very stressful day ,& hungary & another part of london was a good start.Greeted with a very hospitable young lady known as louise also the manager.She made us feel exceptionally welcome not forgetting other patrons was busy but she maintained a very attentive professional manner at all times. Good menu choice for those all round even with top table patrons.Food really good & portioned .excellant service good value for money defo would recommend & visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and great valuenitrox11Dined on 11/6/2012Myself and 2 friends enjoyed an evening of 'catching up' here recently. The staff were really friendly and knowledgeable about their menu, which was short but more than adequate. The food itself was delicious, especially the chicken liver paté, the Pollo Affumicato pizza and the jerk chicken. We spent about 3 hours there on a night when an England match was on and it was pouring with rain, yet the place was fairly busy, which is a testament to how pleasant it is to eat there. This was reinforced when we got the bill, which was more than reasonable. A refreshing change from chain restaurants, with staff who know how to treat their customers. A keeper.Special Features:
- Easy Food - Not SpectacularDineMad123Dined on 9/6/2012Food was good, not my favourite place in Camden but it was nice atmoshpere, waiters are friendly, would recommend stopping there for lunch if you're passing by - wouldn't recommend going out of your way to go there though...Special Features:
- pleasant and wholesomeyummytummyDined on 8/6/2012A great deal with great food. Pleasant surroundings and nice service. Will Definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- did the job -with excellent servicecgledgledsDined on 1/6/2012Booked the offer for myself and 4 friends. We were really well greeted and we found the waitresses were very attentive. We booked the offer, which had a nice selection of options (the only fault was that the glass of wine was about the size of a thimble!) Nice relaxed atmosphere and a good place to get away from the hustle & bustle of Camden on a Friday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food, nice staffEatingDudeDined on 31/5/2012Relatively cheap with a deal through Top Table, lovely food, nice staff, all quick and efficient. Nothing to complain about at all to be honest, they seated us as a group (9 of us) extremely quickly and all courses came fast and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice pub grub, nothing toolovegoodfoodDined on 17/5/2012nice pub grub, nothing too fancy but all quite tasty and filling. wish I had left room for dessert as the chocolate sponge that came out the kitchen looked lovely. not in Camden much but will pop in next time there.
- Booked this last minute asOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/5/2012Booked this last minute as we were going to movie in that area. Louise our server was fab.She knew the menu inside out and gave us full details of all the food. What a change !!The Top table menu was brilliant. Loads of choice and delicious. Great value at almost £16.00 for 2 courses plus glass of wine. Great Pizza, Falaffel Burger, Italian Meatballs, Pan fried Sardines,Goats cheese soufflee All home made . Dont miss this offer.
- Trendy little place, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/5/2012Trendy little place, great service, good food. Toilets need work, but not too much would make a big difference. Not bad value for money. funny note on bill to encourage a tip was quite sweet and a good idea rather than the flat 12.5% often added these days upfront.
- Very friendly little spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 30/4/2012Very friendly little spot , great place to meet up for a business lunch ( as I did ) , reasonably priced and superb spicy salsa on the sausage ciabatta . Will meet here again !
- Good and honest food!JulieDined on 28/4/2012The food was very tasty! Did not desappoint! Good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- went to camden bar and kitchenanonDined on 21/4/2012went to camden bar and kitchen for an early Saturday dinner. had booked tt offer but really fancied burger so went with the main menu. calamari to start was v tasty as was burger and the side of chips.
- Camden bar and grill had goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 13/4/2012Camden bar and grill had good food and great staff. Would recommend another visit
- Nice food in a relaxed atmosphereTCLDDined on 13/4/2012Nice food in a relaxed atmosphere - service was a little hit and miss, but generally would recommend if you're looking for a good value bite to eat
- Camden Bar and Kitchen iscupcakequeenDined on 7/4/2012Camden Bar and Kitchen is a pleasant restaurant serving decent food at reasonable prices. I'd booked on the special offer but when I got there there was nothing suitable for me to eat on it (I am off carbs) so I ended up ordering from the main menu. Unfortunately it's an all or nothing deal so the other three diners with me were also forced to order from the main menu, which worked out more expensive than we'd planned. Nice ambiance but very cold sitting under the fan and draft from the chimney.
- First visit to Camden andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2012First visit to Camden and found the whole place fascinating - enjoyed the restaurant very much especially the sea bass on creamed mash which was the dish of the day. Will return
- This place never fails. IMJF7Dined on 6/4/2012This place never fails. I must have been back for dinner at the Camden Kitchen at least ten times over the past four years or so and it offers consistantly excellent and perfectly cooked food in a relaxed and cool atmosphere. There should be more restaurants like this in London. Friendly service and reasonable prices. Highly recommended.
- Had a lovely dinner at camdenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/4/2012Had a lovely dinner at camden bar & kitchen last night. The staff were relaxed and friendly, and attentive. Food was very good, and as we booked on the offer, it was very good value. Portion sizes were good. We all ordered different meals and everyone enjoyed their meals. will definitely recommend.
- Camden Bar and Kitchen hasNJKCamdenDined on 2/4/2012Camden Bar and Kitchen has great food, but the service isn't always the best. It has a great gastropub feel to it and good beers.
- Really friendly staff, deliciousMuncherDined on 21/3/2012Really friendly staff, delicious food and great venue at the Camden Bar & Kitchen.
- Great place, great food, greatLuanaDined on 17/3/2012Great place, great food, great value for money and friendly staff. will definitely return.
- Family dinner hit the spotOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 16/3/2012Family dinner hit the spot with the tt offer. Good, wholesome food, friendly service and buzzing vibes. I like the Camden Kitchen a lot.
- Camden Bar and Kitchen neveremstar9Dined on 16/3/2012Camden Bar and Kitchen never disappoints. Great food, friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere. Highly recommend!
- Cafe type food; nothing spectacularYL22Dined on 16/3/2012Cafe type food; nothing spectacular but okay value with the TT deal.
- Camden Bar & Kitchen, CamdenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/3/2012Camden Bar & Kitchen, Camden - Great food, pleasant/polite waiting staff, good ambience. Thanks for a lovely evening meal.
- Camden Bar & Kitchen in Camdem,NicoDined on 26/2/2012Camden Bar & Kitchen in Camdem, London offers good quality price ratio food in a nice atmosphere.
- HIghly recommend The CamdenHungryPDined on 24/2/2012HIghly recommend The Camden Bar and Kitchen as regardless of the offer it is great value. Good ambience, attentive service and good quality food. Good for an affordable bite to eat.
- The food served at CamdenOheffieVIPDined on 23/2/2012The food served at Camden Bar and Kitchen is okay but nothing special. The falafel burger was dry and not very tasty however my boyfriend said his beef burger was good. Wasn't very excited about the menu, its just the standard food you would expect in a bar. Whilst this is in no way a bad restaurant I wouldn't go back as it wasn't very reasonable and there was nothing else on the menu that i would want to try. Service however was attentive and pleasant.
- Camden Bar & Kitchen is aIly81Dined on 22/2/2012Camden Bar & Kitchen is a great place for lunch with friends. Service is friendly and the food is great.
- Great deal, food is very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 18/2/2012Great deal, food is very good and staff are very friendly.