10 Upper St Martins Lane
London, WC2H 9FBNeighbourhood:
MexicanPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cantinalaredo.co.uk/
- Phone: 02074200630x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 11:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Mexican / Southwestern
- Executive Chef: Ruben Lozano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Cantina Laredo
Discover the fresh and vibrant tastes of modern Mexican cuisine in a sophisticated, yet relaxed, atmosphere. Cantina Laredo honours the Mexican tradition of investing time and passion into the sourcing, preparation and cooking of fresh modern food. Executive Chef Ruben Lozano places an equal emphasis on colour, aroma and flavour. Throughout the day, enchiladas are hand-rolled by chef"s trained in traditional methods and the trademark Top Shelf Guacamole is prepared at your table using 100% fresh ingredients. Indulge in the 'Casa Rita' Margaritas with 100% Agave tequila, frozen or on the rocks, or for those who like their margaritas traditional and simple try the Purist Margarita. Mouth- watering menus for lunch and dinner(available all day); and separate menus for pre-theatre, vegetarians and children, include specialities that sound as good as they look and taste. Cantina Laredo is known for its excellent service standards.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cantina Laredo reviews from OpenTable diners
470 reviews since 25 May 2014
pre/post theatre (242)special occasions (190)group bookings (179)fit for foodies (146)good vegetarian options (128)business meals (103)romance (90)child friendly (51)outstanding value (38)sunday lunch (35)outdoor eating (30)brunch (16)disabled access (11)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- Good food, good service.DPReviewDined on 18/9/2014As always the guacamole was fresh and tasted amazing, the drinks were made with the right mix of tequila and the ambience was perfect. We were given a booth which was perfect for my date and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but small portionsslinkyDined on 16/9/2014The food here is nice, especially the guacamole and chips to start and the chocolate pecan brownie dessert. The mango margarita is also lovely. There was a Mexican band playing which added to the atmosphere but at times became too loud to talk as it continued. Also, portion sizes are quite small and overall the meal was quite expensive for a casual dinner out.Special Features:
- Highly recommendycotDined on 13/9/2014Excellent dining experience on Saturday night, lovely atmosphere but not too noisy and food to die for, guacamole is a must. Great to eat somewhere that caters for veggies and meat eaters equally. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Brilliant birthday mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 13/9/2014Took my fiance here for her birthday. Seriously incredible food, very different from your usual Mexican restaurant, all fantastically presented and excellent service to boot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value for moneyAnneDined on 13/9/2014Fun place with very good food and excellent service! Wonderful Margaritas and a great selection of food on the menu. I have been to Cantina Laredo several times over the years and it's always a good experience and everybody I recommend it to loves it, too. The service is always very friendly, fast and very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantDonmarfanDined on 13/9/2014Our first pre-theatre dinner here. Lovely attentive staff and delicious food. Will definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- squashedsquashedDined on 13/9/2014Fairly quiet lunchtime but we were squashed into one area--the tables too close together. We are vegetarian which meant we could smell the meat meals from the table next door--yuk. Staff were friendly and food was tasty.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceCaliforniaGirlDined on 12/9/2014Pretty authentic Mexican food with great service and buzzing atmosphere. Mixed drinks were expensive and lots of ice, but plenty of Mexican beers and margaritas were fab! Desserts looked amazing too...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placeCazbazDined on 11/9/2014Full disclosure I absolutely love this place. It's not the trendiest spot or the most imaginative decor-wise but the food is really fantastic and the cocktails are also pretty decent tho' I would like to see more variety from visit to visit. I go at least three times a year and hopefully the next time will be very soon. Try the stuffed jalapenos and the veggie fajitas. And the tequila cheesecake. Try all of it.Special Features:
- Leaving Meal118118HRDined on 9/9/2014We visited this week on a Tuesday night and were very happy overall, the choice of mexican food and the way it is presented sets it higher than other Mexican restaurants - more thought and care and flavour with a good range of menu pricing that surpised me for the cost concious and also for the more generous. Portions are great, you wont be hungry afterwards. I am happy to reccommend but would be quick to point out that a bottle of beer is just shy of £5 and cocktails (as nice as they were) like Mojitos etc are approx £9, i guess it is Covent Garden....Special Features:
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I love this restaurant, the atmosphere is great, the food delicious and service excellent. Delicious margaritas and epic guacamole!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern take on mexican foodLuvtoeatDined on 6/9/2014The food tasted very nice, food portion sizes were small though, Menu was limited and the drink selection was strictly mexican inspired only, We were rather disapointed after reading such good reviews and when visiting London again would give this resteraunt a miss. The service was good and the resteraunt was very nice within a good location. Shame about the menu selection and portion sizes.
- PerfectpangotDined on 6/9/2014We initially booked last minute for an evening meal after a show at St Martin's theatre but it made our day as the food was great and the service exceptional.Special Features:
- great foodnumikaDined on 5/9/2014I've been to this restaurant several times already and was very impressed with the service, the quality of food and the presentation. Unfortunately on this visit the only thing that is left is that the food is still very good. The service was slow beyond any reason, we gave up on ordering the desert because of how long we've had to wait for our mains. The restaurant is on the pricey side which I didn't mind previously since everything was perfect, sadly not this time. I do hope that was a one time off, this place used to be my favourite.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceSuperJoeDined on 4/9/2014Whilst it is not a cheap place to eat, the food is very good. Our waiter was terrific and very understanding. The entrees came out quickly as did the drinks. We were very pleasedSpecial Features:
- Most enjoyable eveningBenjiDined on 30/8/2014We booked this as a family celebration. We arrived about 30 mins before our reservation time but friendly staff showed us to our table right away. Our waiter, Tibor, was excellent. Efficient and welcoming. Food was some of the best Mexican we've tasted - surpassed even our favourite Florida Mexican place. The "Chile en Nogada" (stuffed pepper) was particularly delicious. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anon101Dined on 29/8/2014We had three different 2 course meals. Good choice of interesting dishes, well cooked and presented - and very handily placed for the theatre.Special Features:
- Amazing food great friendly serviceLuvfoodDined on 28/8/2014This was my first visit to this restaurant and it certainly won't be my last. The food was amazing, the service was fantastic and I can't wait until I go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie27Dined on 26/8/2014Excellent authentic mexican. Good and extensive vegetarian options. Good for pre-theatre, although did take a while between starters and mains being served.Special Features:
- tasty foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 25/8/2014This is the best Mexican restaurant I have ever been to the food was so tasty and well prepared. I had a shared platter with some side orders guacamole and re-fried beans, which personally I thought were so good. I defiantly would go here again.Special Features:
- Pre-comedy dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/8/2014Visited Cantina Laredo as a treat with some friends before our comedy show in Leicester Square. Although the staff were delightful and attentive, the food was not up to standard. It lacked flavour and heat where there should be. The drinks were extremely overpriced and some of the cheaper beers were not available - whether this was true or not is another matter. Lovely ambience though, just a shame about the cost and taste.Special Features:
- YumHZapDined on 23/8/2014Amazing restaurant, my 3rd time going. Gorgeous food and margaritas. Really good quality mexican food. The only let down would be they now charge separately for sides e.g. rice, potatoes which is a bit disappointing. I don't know if the price has gone down or not on the main meals. Apart from that I'd say its always a trat to goSpecial Features:
- Great treat, fun Friday night outClaireEDined on 22/8/2014Went there for a Friday night, great atmosphere and fun for a group of friends. Waiting staff v friendly and drink was excellent. Food is v spicy (Mexican, so not a surprise) but unable to cater for personalised needs. Would still go back again as a great night was had by all.Special Features:
- Good experienceMikeDined on 20/8/2014Food is al right except for the guacamole that is prepared in front of your eyes and fresh good flavour. Service is superb and everyone seems happy working there, cocktails are a bit expensive and margarita is not the best. Ambience is adequateSpecial Features:
- I would check out other options....Tezza90210Dined on 18/8/2014Bland, boring and when a chef gets fajitas wrong. It's time to move on...
- Amazing foodRyanDined on 16/8/2014The food was amazing and the service was excellent. Drinks are a little expensive and didn't like the fact that a 12.5% service charge was automatically added to the bill. Will definitely be going back for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect pre-theatre mealMrBingoDined on 16/8/2014Exceptional service, great food. A really good pre-theatre meal. Job done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food every timeCocoa2eveDined on 15/8/2014Haven't eaten here in neary a year. Food was consistent with previous visits, lovely and real Mexican flavours. Table made guacamole a must wih chips and salsa. Server was really attentive too. Can't wait to go back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good meal, great service, expensivelaura1203Dined on 14/8/2014Great drinks. The food was tasty but small for the price. I ordered 2 starters and the cost was too much for what they were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!LoveGoodFoodDined on 14/8/2014Was very apprehensive but am so glad a friend suggested it and I agreed to book. We were all so very impressed. Great choice, excellent friendly service without being intrusive - cannot fault any of it so will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Lareda revisitedARG1Dined on 13/8/2014Always love the margaritas at the Cantina and we weren't disappointed. Great food this evening and the freshly made guacamole is a great offering. Attentive and helpful service makes the experience a great one as ever.Special Features:
- LuncheyoungVIPDined on 12/8/2014The restaurant was quiet but the food was very good and it is a nice touch that they make the Guacamole in front of you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We recommendSootyDined on 9/8/2014We love Mexican food .... But this was refreshingly different .... Much lighter than normal Mexican . Fab guacamole sooooo fresh . Wonderful staff :-) We loved it ... We recommend and will return .Special Features:
- Saturday afternoon dinnerTravis495Dined on 9/8/2014Pleasant atmosphere, great location, attentive service and excellent food and drink. We had a few mojitos and margaritas between us with our food. Both were well prepared, and were superb. Nice location, just off the beaten track, but still close to both covent garden and leicester square. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColmVIPDined on 8/8/2014Really enjoyed my visit with 1 cavaet, teh food was delivered with lighteneing speed, could have been in and out in 40 minutes. Was not there for fast food and woudl have appreciateda more relaxing dinner. The food was, as ever, excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting and authenticCarolineSDined on 8/8/2014Interesting Mexican food at Cantina Laredo, helped along by some great margaritas (try the passion fruit and avocado one - a revelation). More authentically 'Mexican' than the standard Mexican (Tex-Mex) restaurants, but more conducive to a longer, lingering dinner than Wahaca. The vegetable 'guarniciones' were fun (try the calabacitas, a mix of sweetcorn and courgette's in a creamy sauce). Lively atmosphere, so maybe not the best place on a Friday night for a 'romantic meal for 2', and charming service. The only disappointment was that there wasn't any Mexican wine on the menu, and I'm afraid I've had guacamole 'freshly made at the table' in too many other places (and I regularly make my own) to get that excited about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014We had an amazing dinner - food and service was superb!! Liliana our waitress was the best!!! Keep up the great work Liliana!!! :) i would come here again after my friend and I dropped in before the Mousetrap across the road great location great food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant but....jayceewhyDined on 5/8/2014Once again had a good meal at the restaurant but the noise levels got to me by the end of the two hours. Hope they can change this in future.Special Features:
- good food and nice cocktailsjpixgothDined on 4/8/2014The food here is always good and the cocktails are delicious.Special Features:
- Lunch at Cantina LaredoSGLUVIPDined on 1/8/2014It was my first visit to Cantina Laredo and was really love the fact they make the guacamole in front of you from scratch, however I was not overly keen on the food which we had for mains. They were a little bland. The starters were all nice though!