10 Upper St Martins Lane
London, WC2H 9FBNeighbourhood:
MexicanPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cantinalaredo.co.uk/
- Phone: 02074200630x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 11:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Mexican / Southwestern
- Executive Chef: Ruben Lozano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Cantina Laredo
Discover the fresh and vibrant tastes of modern Mexican cuisine in a sophisticated, yet relaxed, atmosphere. Cantina Laredo honours the Mexican tradition of investing time and passion into the sourcing, preparation and cooking of fresh modern food. Executive Chef Ruben Lozano places an equal emphasis on colour, aroma and flavour. Throughout the day, enchiladas are hand-rolled by chef"s trained in traditional methods and the trademark Top Shelf Guacamole is prepared at your table using 100% fresh ingredients. Indulge in the 'Casa Rita' Margaritas with 100% Agave tequila, frozen or on the rocks, or for those who like their margaritas traditional and simple try the Purist Margarita. Mouth- watering menus for lunch and dinner(available all day); and separate menus for pre-theatre, vegetarians and children, include specialities that sound as good as they look and taste. Cantina Laredo is known for its excellent service standards.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cantina Laredo reviews from OpenTable diners
493 reviews since 1 November 2013
pre/post theatre (254)special occasions (197)group bookings (190)fit for foodies (154)good vegetarian options (129)business meals (109)romance (91)child friendly (59)outstanding value (38)sunday lunch (36)outdoor eating (30)brunch (18)disabled access (13)afternoon tea (4)Show More
- Lovely fresh foodGlutonfreeeater56Dined on 29/10/2014We were going to the theatre and chose Cantina Laredo because one of the party was a vegetarian and the other could not eat wheat! This restaurant took that in its stride with a gluten free menu and lots of vegetarian options. My vegetarian friend said it was one of the best vegetarian meals that she had eaten in a restaurant, because everything was so fresh. The staff make guacamole at your table with fresh ingredients. It was beautiful.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/10/2014we where 6 persons from norway trying the mexican quisine. We where not disapointed :)Special Features:
- Outstanding Evening!RussDined on 25/10/20142 families, lots of Margaritas, excellent food, great service - spent a fortune, but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid performancenandopDined on 19/10/2014Sunday afternoon trip with a party of 6. Food was great and they provided a birthday churro which was a nice touch. The ribs starter was excellent as always. The only downside was that the service was a little slow, we sometimes had to fight to get the staff's attention even though the restaurant wasn't particularly busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 18/10/2014I've been to cantina Laredo 3 times now and I've never been let down. The service is on point!! The cocktails are amazing and the food is even better. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A different Mexican experience.ClaireBear5Dined on 18/10/2014Good restaurant in central Covent Garden location. Different to other Mexican's I've been too. Would describe as more 'A la Carte' style. Fairly small portions but great tasting food. We sat in one of their comfortable booths. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A venue to visit again and again.tigeroseDined on 18/10/2014Four of us ate here post theatre for my husbands birthday. I had mentioned this when I booked several weeks ago. We had a table by the window. The food was yummy and a wonderful choice available. When desert arrived my husbands was on a plate inscribed and decorated Happy Birthday with chocolate. Such a surprise! All the staff were very pleasnt and helpful, especially Madeleine who served us. Would definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 17/10/2014Cantina Laredo is one of the best Mexicans, if not the best Mexican restaurant in London. They have a separate veggie menu and their margaritas are to die for.Special Features:
- High end Mexican foodPraskVIPDined on 17/10/2014High end Mexican food in the heart of London. A little pricey, but very high quality and large portions would have me coming back for more. The guacamole (made table-side) alone is worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fantastic night at CLCazbazDined on 16/10/2014I am a huge fan of Cantina Laredo. I have a friend who comes to visit from Edinburgh at least once a year and we always make a point of having a night at Cantina (and a night at Dotori in Finsbury Park) partly but not only because they both have such top-class vegetarian options. Cantina Laredo lets itself down on the decor front, but but this is eminently forgivable considering the service, food and cocktails. I'm going again at least twice before the end of 2014, including once for my birthday in December. Ask for the separate vegetarian menu and order the fajitas, mushroom quesadilla, stuffed jalapenos, and fresh guacamole.Special Features:
- Nice Mexican food in Central LondonWirraldeeDined on 16/10/2014We ate off the pre-theatre menu and we were very happy with the presentation and quality of the food. Service was very satisfactory.Special Features:
- Good fare, great guacamole!EatDrinkAndBeMerryDined on 15/10/2014As a repeat diner here it always hits the mark. Service is hindered slightly by the numbers they cater for, but it is by no means slow. The guacamole is the reason I keep coming back! Overall I remain a fan for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigJPDined on 12/10/2014We went on a wet Sunday evening and found it incredibly cosy and relaxing. Lovely food, including my first experience of Mole!Special Features:
- Unfortunately gone downhill..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014We went to Cantina Laredo when it first opened and it was a wonderful dining experience with excellent food. Unfortunately two years on this is no longer the case. The tables were now crammed together so tightly that it was impossible to have any kind of intimate conversation. Secondly, and most importantly, the food was not even of a reasonable standard. It had the consistency and taste of something that had been quickly re-heated in the microwave. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- excellent food, portion size smallOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2014there was a feeling that they were rushed and keen we get us finished and moved on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cantina LaderoLuv2noshDined on 11/10/2014Food is fresh and flavoursome with a Mexican vibe. Atmosphere is buzzing and the position is great for Covent Garden/ St Martins Lane theatres.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MexicanEvermazDined on 10/10/2014Not your normal Mexican food - good choice and makes a nice change. The freshly made guacamole is a must and highly recommended as a starter.Special Features:
- Nice food, rather priceyluvBmarketDined on 10/10/2014Food:in particular the pork tamales, garlic shrimp, green rice and table guac were very fresh tasting and nicely seasoned. There was a varied and interesting choice. Our waiter was lovely - the service was terrific in general. The mains (which are not overly generous) come without any side dishes so we were encouraged to order these separately and as a result the final bill was much much more than we originally intended to spend. The decor was a kind of surprise in an odd way - it felt a bit like a 90's hotel. All in all a 'nice enough' experience thanks to the quality of the food but I wouldn't probably go again as it turned out to be an expensive night for what we had. I'd say good for larger groups of friends who are not on a budget.I would recommend this to a friend.
- rshahVIPDined on 10/10/2014Seafood was good especially cevice Acapulco. Rest not so impressed.
- Great service. Ok foodAllisonDined on 9/10/2014Went for a weeknight dinner with a friend. We had a great waitress and the manager was really helpful as well. They were very accommodating. Food was just ok -- not particularly flavourful or fresh tasting. Overly priced for what you got.Special Features:
- low valuesim79Dined on 8/10/2014Service was good, food nothing special and most importantly the portions were extremely small for the price you pay, typical of many central London restaurants. Disappointing!!
- BlandSimonDined on 8/10/2014The food was tasteless and overpriced. Not recommendedSpecial Features:
- best Mexican in Covent GardenbenhildreyDined on 7/10/2014the waiters make the guacamole at your table. the cocktails are great. well worth a visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out with the ladsDipak501Dined on 4/10/2014This is one of my favourite Mexican restaurants the quality of the food is always amazing and the service is always great. I like how they make the guacamole in front of you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great veggie choice!VeggieRooDined on 3/10/2014Second time I have been here and it was consistent in the quality of food and service. It's brill that they have a separate veggie menu and that it has lots of good choices. Not many places have that much choice for veggies. The guacamole (made fresh at your table) is the biggest draw here - could eat three bowls of it alone! Our waiter (Martin) was very friendly, welcoming and knew the menu well - again a rarity these days! Have recommended to many others and will definitely return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice food, good cocktailsjpixgothDined on 2/10/2014I eat at Cantina Laredo fairly regularly - the food and the cocktails are always good, and the service on this visit was particularly good (attentive without being obtrusive).Special Features:
- Generous portions, superb flavoursBwanaKijanaDined on 30/9/2014The pre-theatre deal is a must. It is great value at about £19 (two courses), £24 (three courses), and the servings are very generous. Additionally the quality is superb: fresh and high quality ingredients, subtle flavours, and beautifully presented. Not to mention the attentive service. What more can I say? Without doubt one of the best Mexican meals I have eaten anywhere in the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real quality Mexican foodMorbeusDined on 27/9/2014From start to finish, this visit was a quality experience. Thoroughly enjoyed all the dishes and the cocktails were lovely.Special Features:
- simply the bestjwcgscDined on 27/9/2014Great Mexican food, best i've had anywhere in Europe or the USA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality food & servicebovinemooDined on 27/9/2014Delicious Mexican food which shies away from the run of the mill burrito or enchilada for a more varied and contemporary menu. Fresh guacamole made in front of you and delicious drinks brought swiftly to your table. This is not formulaic Mexican food but rather a more interesting and sophisticated choice. Fear not reassuring classics such as fajitas and quesadillas are available but for those wishing to experience something beyond sour cream and salsa this menu will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still as good, but still hungrySwotsDined on 26/9/2014This was my fourth visit to the restaurant. I come back because the food and service are good. But I always have the same gripe - the portions are tiny. After leaving hungry once again, I think this might have been my last.Special Features:
- Posh Mexican - a bit disappointingAlyssamDined on 25/9/2014The service was good but the freshly hand muggled drinks arrived so quickly we did question how fresh they were. Food portions were not huge. We had the Mexican platter to share - not enough fajita wraps. Though tasty, some parts of the food was rather too burnt. The sides were also tiny amounts (the rice was a couple of spoonfuls, small quantity of guacamole, salsa....) Wouldn't go back again really.
- Nothing specialTwinpeaDined on 24/9/2014Good service, good food, pricey drinks, pretty over rated.
- Cantina Laredo never disappointsKateRDined on 23/9/2014Cantina Laredo is a favourite of mine and this ocassion was no different. The staff are always very friendly, the food is delicious and the cocktails delightful! I recommend everyone tries the guacamole.Special Features:
- DeliciousMorethanjustfoodDined on 22/9/2014This was a birthday treat and was well appreciated! I loved how many dishes there were to choose from that had an extra special twist compared to the typical Mexican menu. Each dish ordered was beautiful to look at, and delicious to eat. Service was warm, friendly and attentive and the whole experience was thoroughly enjoyable. The prices arent exactly low, but I would consider them reasonable for the quality of food. I recommend the stuffed pepper wrapped in sirloin steak and the house guacamole is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!Jyo3Dined on 21/9/2014Loved the food, very prompt service, polite and friendly staff.Special Features:
- A lot good but....Food4meDined on 20/9/2014Myself and my guests found the food well cooked and presented well. The fajitas were tasty and sizzling on arrival, the tortilla chips were very good but I thought 1.50 for a bit of salsa was a bit of a rip off, after all, you can't have the chips without it. My guest also commented that the steak was delicious but should include some sort of carb. In the price. Overall it was a nice meal and I would go again and our server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely foodFoodieloulouDined on 20/9/2014I really enjoyed the food and atmosphere. However I booked on opentable and got the worst table in the house which really disappointed my husband and I as it was our 1year wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- GreatJiboDined on 20/9/2014Quite loud. Food was good but a little overpriced, but it's the West End and there aren't a huge number of Mexican restaurants. We found some of the items on the a la carte menu cheaper to be bought separately than the set pre-theatre menu, so watch out for that.Special Features:
- Good food, good service.DPReviewDined on 18/9/2014As always the guacamole was fresh and tasted amazing, the drinks were made with the right mix of tequila and the ambience was perfect. We were given a booth which was perfect for my date and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.