10 Upper St Martins Lane
London, WC2H 9FBNeighbourhood:
MexicanPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cantinalaredo.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 7420 0630
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 11:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Mexican / Southwestern
- Executive Chef: Ruben Lozano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Cantina Laredo
Discover the fresh and vibrant tastes of modern Mexican cuisine in a sophisticated, yet relaxed, atmosphere. Cantina Laredo honours the Mexican tradition of investing time and passion into the sourcing, preparation and cooking of fresh modern food. Executive Chef Ruben Lozano places an equal emphasis on colour, aroma and flavour. Throughout the day, enchiladas are hand-rolled by chef"s trained in traditional methods and the trademark Top Shelf Guacamole is prepared at your table using 100% fresh ingredients. Indulge in the 'Casa Rita' Margaritas with 100% Agave tequila, frozen or on the rocks, or for those who like their margaritas traditional and simple try the Purist Margarita. Mouth- watering menus for lunch and dinner(available all day); and separate menus for pre-theatre, vegetarians and children, include specialities that sound as good as they look and taste. Cantina Laredo is known for its excellent service standards.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cantina Laredo reviews from OpenTable diners
499 reviews since 24 November 2013
pre/post theatre (257)special occasions (191)group bookings (191)fit for foodies (154)good vegetarian options (130)business meals (111)romance (87)child friendly (64)outstanding value (39)sunday lunch (37)outdoor eating (30)brunch (21)disabled access (15)afternoon tea (4)Show More
- Could have been anywhereSukiDined on 21/11/2014I was looking forward to trying, as they have a very good and enticing vegetation menu that I saw online. When seated, we were immediately asked if we wanted the guacamole - but we asked for a few minutes to relax and look at the menu. Didn't see much in the way of veggie options, so I asked at reception given waiter now too busy to return. Yes they have a full alternative vegetarian menu,which my friend and I both ordered from (she isnt vegetarian but agreed the options looked great) - shame they don't promote. Also had the guacamole after the third push from waiter. You'll see on the vegetarian menu that what they push is made at your table and is for for two at 7.95. Not the guacamole side as shown on main menu. .or least we didn't see it on main menu. Anyway,having watched him make it we were rather underwhelmed as it lacked much taste. Don't know why! Desperate for something to liven it up but didn't see him again until our meals arrived half way through this appetizer. Meals were small but delicious. Churros for dessert were flavoursome too. Had another beer (after a very long wait to request), paid and left. There was nothing exceptional to the experience, other than being able to book on a Friday night - I'll join the Q at wahaca next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its not "gourmet" as the sign says.GreedyAndThirstyVIPDined on 18/11/2014Its perfectly passable but Its not "gourmet" as the sign says. The decor, design and atmosphere is sterile. I think Wahaca is better food.
- A more sophisticated Mexican dining experienceAdiBDined on 18/11/2014A warm and friendly welcome on entrance led to a cosy booth and excellent, efficient service from our waiter. The wine and drinks selection was good, our food was well presented, tasty and uncomplicated. We enjoyed the "live" quacamole preparation at our table and the waiter made some excellent food suggestions. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican dining with a differenceLondondinerDined on 14/11/2014This restaurant has a pleasant ambience and superb food. Try guacamole made at your table and the Botanas sharing platter. For dessert the trio of ice creams, in tequila, guava and chilli chocolate flavours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the foodFoodieDined on 13/11/2014The ambience was beautiful, the staff very friendly, the service quick and the food outstanding! Everything we ordered tasted fantastic! We had a great evening !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeminiDined on 13/11/2014Good ambience and service. I loved that they make the Guacamole in front of us fresh. Starters were great, I wasn't that impressed with the Burrito.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food - especially for vegetarians!ToooooLoudDined on 8/11/2014Had a lovely meal here with some friends, had to wait 30 mins for our table as there was a large group booking which had not left but the food definitely made up for it and the wine! - Waiters kept it chilled for us until we got to our table. Very friendly service, amazing food - would definitely recommend.
- Disappointing experienceJessTran3Dined on 3/11/2014Food was fair, not worth the cost. Service was poor - the waitress didn't understand English very well and prepared our food in a rush. She was attentive though. Not a great atmosphere either.
- A real favouriteluv2dineDined on 1/11/2014Will definitely be going back. Great ambience. My other half's view wasn't great, we were in the corner so all he could see was the wall. Huge selection of delicious cocktails. We arrived half an hour early and our table was already prepared. Wish we were asked if we wanted to pay optional service charge of 12.5%before the waitress entered the total amount into the chip and pin machine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieEC4Dined on 29/10/2014This place served up pretty standard Mexican Food. We chose to share one of their platters which was a great way of trying a few different dishes. Wouldn't say this was better than other mexican restaurants in the vicinity but a pleasant meal anyway. Service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely fresh foodGlutonfreeeater56Dined on 29/10/2014We were going to the theatre and chose Cantina Laredo because one of the party was a vegetarian and the other could not eat wheat! This restaurant took that in its stride with a gluten free menu and lots of vegetarian options. My vegetarian friend said it was one of the best vegetarian meals that she had eaten in a restaurant, because everything was so fresh. The staff make guacamole at your table with fresh ingredients. It was beautiful.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/10/2014we where 6 persons from norway trying the mexican quisine. We where not disapointed :)Special Features:
- Outstanding Evening!RussDined on 25/10/20142 families, lots of Margaritas, excellent food, great service - spent a fortune, but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre theatre dinnerJaksterDined on 23/10/2014we wanted an authentic rather than texmex experience. Clean fresh ingredients encapsulating the Mexican cuisine. From the Guacamoleto the tacos Cantina Laredo delivered!! Perfectly situated near the theatre so no feeling of being rushed before the performance. Thoroughly enjoyed our meal..thank you!Special Features:
- Solid performancenandopDined on 19/10/2014Sunday afternoon trip with a party of 6. Food was great and they provided a birthday churro which was a nice touch. The ribs starter was excellent as always. The only downside was that the service was a little slow, we sometimes had to fight to get the staff's attention even though the restaurant wasn't particularly busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 18/10/2014I've been to cantina Laredo 3 times now and I've never been let down. The service is on point!! The cocktails are amazing and the food is even better. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A different Mexican experience.ClaireBear5Dined on 18/10/2014Good restaurant in central Covent Garden location. Different to other Mexican's I've been too. Would describe as more 'A la Carte' style. Fairly small portions but great tasting food. We sat in one of their comfortable booths. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A venue to visit again and again.tigeroseDined on 18/10/2014Four of us ate here post theatre for my husbands birthday. I had mentioned this when I booked several weeks ago. We had a table by the window. The food was yummy and a wonderful choice available. When desert arrived my husbands was on a plate inscribed and decorated Happy Birthday with chocolate. Such a surprise! All the staff were very pleasnt and helpful, especially Madeleine who served us. Would definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 17/10/2014Cantina Laredo is one of the best Mexicans, if not the best Mexican restaurant in London. They have a separate veggie menu and their margaritas are to die for.Special Features:
- High end Mexican foodPraskVIPDined on 17/10/2014High end Mexican food in the heart of London. A little pricey, but very high quality and large portions would have me coming back for more. The guacamole (made table-side) alone is worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fantastic night at CLCazbazDined on 16/10/2014I am a huge fan of Cantina Laredo. I have a friend who comes to visit from Edinburgh at least once a year and we always make a point of having a night at Cantina (and a night at Dotori in Finsbury Park) partly but not only because they both have such top-class vegetarian options. Cantina Laredo lets itself down on the decor front, but but this is eminently forgivable considering the service, food and cocktails. I'm going again at least twice before the end of 2014, including once for my birthday in December. Ask for the separate vegetarian menu and order the fajitas, mushroom quesadilla, stuffed jalapenos, and fresh guacamole.Special Features:
- Nice Mexican food in Central LondonWirraldeeDined on 16/10/2014We ate off the pre-theatre menu and we were very happy with the presentation and quality of the food. Service was very satisfactory.Special Features:
- Good fare, great guacamole!EatDrinkAndBeMerryDined on 15/10/2014As a repeat diner here it always hits the mark. Service is hindered slightly by the numbers they cater for, but it is by no means slow. The guacamole is the reason I keep coming back! Overall I remain a fan for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigJPDined on 12/10/2014We went on a wet Sunday evening and found it incredibly cosy and relaxing. Lovely food, including my first experience of Mole!Special Features:
- Unfortunately gone downhill..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014We went to Cantina Laredo when it first opened and it was a wonderful dining experience with excellent food. Unfortunately two years on this is no longer the case. The tables were now crammed together so tightly that it was impossible to have any kind of intimate conversation. Secondly, and most importantly, the food was not even of a reasonable standard. It had the consistency and taste of something that had been quickly re-heated in the microwave. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- excellent food, portion size smallOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2014there was a feeling that they were rushed and keen we get us finished and moved on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cantina LaderoLuv2noshDined on 11/10/2014Food is fresh and flavoursome with a Mexican vibe. Atmosphere is buzzing and the position is great for Covent Garden/ St Martins Lane theatres.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MexicanEvermazDined on 10/10/2014Not your normal Mexican food - good choice and makes a nice change. The freshly made guacamole is a must and highly recommended as a starter.Special Features:
- Nice food, rather priceyluvBmarketDined on 10/10/2014Food:in particular the pork tamales, garlic shrimp, green rice and table guac were very fresh tasting and nicely seasoned. There was a varied and interesting choice. Our waiter was lovely - the service was terrific in general. The mains (which are not overly generous) come without any side dishes so we were encouraged to order these separately and as a result the final bill was much much more than we originally intended to spend. The decor was a kind of surprise in an odd way - it felt a bit like a 90's hotel. All in all a 'nice enough' experience thanks to the quality of the food but I wouldn't probably go again as it turned out to be an expensive night for what we had. I'd say good for larger groups of friends who are not on a budget.I would recommend this to a friend.
- rshahVIPDined on 10/10/2014Seafood was good especially cevice Acapulco. Rest not so impressed.
- Great service. Ok foodAllisonDined on 9/10/2014Went for a weeknight dinner with a friend. We had a great waitress and the manager was really helpful as well. They were very accommodating. Food was just ok -- not particularly flavourful or fresh tasting. Overly priced for what you got.Special Features:
- low valuesim79Dined on 8/10/2014Service was good, food nothing special and most importantly the portions were extremely small for the price you pay, typical of many central London restaurants. Disappointing!!
- BlandSimonDined on 8/10/2014The food was tasteless and overpriced. Not recommendedSpecial Features:
- best Mexican in Covent GardenbenhildreyDined on 7/10/2014the waiters make the guacamole at your table. the cocktails are great. well worth a visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out with the ladsDipak501Dined on 4/10/2014This is one of my favourite Mexican restaurants the quality of the food is always amazing and the service is always great. I like how they make the guacamole in front of you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great veggie choice!VeggieRooDined on 3/10/2014Second time I have been here and it was consistent in the quality of food and service. It's brill that they have a separate veggie menu and that it has lots of good choices. Not many places have that much choice for veggies. The guacamole (made fresh at your table) is the biggest draw here - could eat three bowls of it alone! Our waiter (Martin) was very friendly, welcoming and knew the menu well - again a rarity these days! Have recommended to many others and will definitely return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice food, good cocktailsjpixgothDined on 2/10/2014I eat at Cantina Laredo fairly regularly - the food and the cocktails are always good, and the service on this visit was particularly good (attentive without being obtrusive).Special Features:
- Generous portions, superb flavoursBwanaKijanaDined on 30/9/2014The pre-theatre deal is a must. It is great value at about £19 (two courses), £24 (three courses), and the servings are very generous. Additionally the quality is superb: fresh and high quality ingredients, subtle flavours, and beautifully presented. Not to mention the attentive service. What more can I say? Without doubt one of the best Mexican meals I have eaten anywhere in the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real quality Mexican foodMorbeusDined on 27/9/2014From start to finish, this visit was a quality experience. Thoroughly enjoyed all the dishes and the cocktails were lovely.Special Features:
- simply the bestjwcgscDined on 27/9/2014Great Mexican food, best i've had anywhere in Europe or the USA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.