107-112 Leadenhall Street
London, EC3A 4DPNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.caravaggiorestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02076266206
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3.00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 6.00pm - 10.00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Faliero Lenta
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Catering: Etrusca Events – email@example.com
- Special Events: Etrusca Events – firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Caravaggio
Formerly opened by Luciano Pavarotti in 1996, Caravaggio still remains one of the firm favourites with the movers and shakers of the square mile. Occupying the imposing premises of what was formerly a banking hall, the space has been opened up to create a gallery which runs around the room at mezzanine level, providing a second tier of tables and creating a perfect space for group dinners and large parties. First class modern Italian cuisine and slick service are all part of the Caravaggio appeal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBusiness Meals
Caravaggio - Best restaurants in Fenchurch Street ›
Caravaggio reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since 2 June 2014
business meals (87)special occasions (21)fit for foodies (17)group bookings (11)romance (7)good vegetarian options (7)brunch (6)pre/post theatre (5)outstanding value (5)sunday lunch (2)outdoor eating (1)Show More
- Slow unenthusiastic serviceElliefantasticDined on 24/9/2014I booked for a team lunch but the service was very slow and unenthusiastic. We had to ask if we could order and ask if we could have the bill. We very much enjoy the food here but I could not recommend for anyone who has less than a few hours in which to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaravaggioCBFOODIEDined on 18/9/2014It was the fisrt time I'd been to this restaurant, but had read some god reviews. Food was delicious and portions not too big. With the 50% offer - this was very good value. The atmosphere was quite formal - and most of the tables were occupied by people out on business. However - I would recommend, and would definitely dine here againSpecial Features:
- ..................................bucktVIPDined on 17/9/2014.........................................................................................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMikeVIPDined on 15/9/2014Great food and a good atmosphere for business conversation over dinner, with attentive service that wasn't intrusive. I'll be backSpecial Features:
- Always lovelyHampshiregirlDined on 27/8/2014Once again, great food and service. One of the best places to go for a relaxed business lunch. A starter follwoed by a starter size pasta or risotto dish is ideal if you have to go back to the office. The set menu is fab value too!Special Features:
- WaldegravemanDined on 22/8/2014Three dining at 7:30p.m. on a Friday evening at Caravaggio's, I would have thought that we would not be the only people in the restaurant by 8:30p.m. However, the service was excellent, the first courses were excellent, the mains, (rump of lamb, ordered medium-rare, came very, very rare and tuna, ordered medium, came closer to well-done) were something of a disappointment. Had we not been on the 50% off deal, then we would have been very, very disappointed.Special Features:
- don't bothertoptabledDined on 19/8/2014apart from the original art deco light fixtures, there is nothing to recommend this forlorn city joint in preference to any neighbourhood italian restaurant. the elaborate descriptions in the menu sound so much more appetizing than the actual food. we ordered a la carte. our starters arrived on terribly cold plates - straight from a fridge where they had been waiting for hours/days? my calves' liver, ordered medium, came overdone in the form three thin, shriveled pieces, barely warm - obviously poor timing, in spite of only 5 tables being occupied. if you are a local city suit, and all of our fellow diners apparently were, i guess it'll do; but that hardly adds attractiveness to the ambiance...
- Great valuebambinaDined on 14/8/2014With the 50% off offer I would say that this was great value, a bit steep otherwise! Portion size for mains was very small, although my steak was quite big but the chips on the side is abysmal, 6 individual chips! But I had the scallop risotto as a starter and the portion was great and tasty! Service was also excellent, I would definitely recommend coming here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service relaxed settingdineoutDined on 5/8/2014Outstanding service in relaxed atmosphere. Food well-presented and tasty. My companion and I had the set menu and found the portions appropriate to our appetites. I was very pleased, as I chose the restaurant for the name of one of my favourite artists which I saw while passing by. I did check out some reviews, and I am glad that I took the chance to visit. I would recommend it to friends, and I will let the hotel where I am staying know that I had such a nice experience. We went on a Tuesday evening during August and found it uncrowded and the wait staff very attentive. The set menu is an excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new for me in the cityclarenceVIPDined on 5/8/2014although its been there for ages i hadn't been here. it was good. all these restaurants are. must be difficult for them to stand out and its always pricey really.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 31/7/2014Very quiet midweek evening due to location, so lacked atmosphere. Attentive staff and the food was excellent. Reasonably priced anyway and all the more so as we had 50% off the a la carte which made it even better value. Good for lunch and business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TremendousbristolDined on 29/7/2014Our waiter was knowledgable, proud of the food and very accommodating. As I'm no wine expert, I wanted something light and fruity as befitted the summer evening. He reccommended a wine we should try that was on the lower end of the pricing which was lovely. Food was outstanding and my girlfriend liked me more for having went! Two thumbs up!Special Features:
- Well beyond the normal servicehungrymouseDined on 21/7/2014The service received was well beyond the normal. I arrived having had my purse stolen and the manager could not have been more helpful, finding relevant phone numbers and allowing me use of the house phone. Thank you! The meal was excellent, fine food, beautifully presented, and in a relaxed atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchLaneVIPDined on 21/7/2014I had lunch here with one of my colleagues and an ex-colleague. The food and service was impressive and I would go back. The only negative was that there was not much choice on the set menu, otherwise brilliant.Special Features:
- Consistent - never disappointedMinimumDined on 11/7/2014a great go to for City lunches. Portions are large, so beware!Special Features:
- Lovely RestaurantJess2014Dined on 27/6/2014Food was fantastic and affordable - I will be returning for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 6/6/2014I deliberately chose Caravaggios in order to say 'thank you' to an important client and was expecting better, given the restaurant's reputation generally .... but was slightly underwhelmed by the the service relative to other restaurants of a similar standard nearby. It was "good," as indicated by the stars awarded but certainly not excellent.
- Poor service let it downVishnuDined on 29/5/2014The ambience was nice, the food decent but nothing to shout about. The service was not great however. I was there relatively early with few patrons during lunch and had to wait a while before finally signalling a waiter. It got progressively worse as the service got busier and had to wait more than 15 mins to ask for the bill.Special Features:
- .............................bucktVIPDined on 28/5/2014...........................................................................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent for business lunchesfoodie2012Dined on 15/5/2014I came here for lunch. The food was really good and the staff are very attentive. This clearly is a good place for business lunches however. They have 2 sizes for mains which is perfect for people with smaller appetites. Highly recommend this place. Really fast service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerCityluncher99Dined on 12/5/2014Caravaggio has never let me down yet and as such I am a regular visitor. Service levels are very good from the moment of check in to the payment of the bill. The menu is varied and interesting and changes regularly; which can be a disappointment if you come to like a particular dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caravaggio - busy ItalianMattBVIPDined on 7/5/2014A semi-regular diner at Caravaggio, their usually great service let me down today. We were out upstairs and almost forgotten in the corner. Consequently it took us a long time to get noticed, get our orders in and then be served. Food, though good and up to the usual high standard, came late. I was disappointed as I was introducing two new guests / clients to the restaurant and we were having a celebratory meal. The restaurant did recognise their error as at the end of our lunch offered us a free glass of wine each. Though very nice, I would have preferred attentive and timely service. Let's see what happens next time.
- Food was excellentColm2204Dined on 6/5/2014Highly recommend Carravagio, I was there for a business lunch we were very well looked after and the food was excellent. I am sure it would be just as fantastic for an evening meal with friends.Special Features:
- ...........................bucktVIPDined on 1/5/2014......................................................................................................................................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent foodlightbodyVIPDined on 29/4/2014Apart from the great service, food was above average. I had the vegetable soup to start, followed by grilled salmon. The soup was nice, but I thought the whole dish was too busy with barley rice. The salmon was a bit overcooked but I'm usually very fussy about fish. Overall, I would still like to give it a high rating.Special Features:
- Quality City VenueOperaloverDined on 3/4/2014Service is professional and efficient without being very personable. The restaurant is stylish with a balcony area providing fairly quiet space to talk. The set lunch had minimal choice but was all well presented and tasty. The wine list had many interesting Italian options however it was not cheap.I would recommend the venue for a quality business lunch whether a la carte or set menu.Special Features:
- best olives in LondonMikeVIPDined on 19/3/2014great food, excellent service and good, reasonably priced winesSpecial Features:
- Great place.NigelMDined on 18/3/2014Great place for a business meal. Great ambience, service and good value.Special Features:
- Business lunchMelGlassDined on 18/3/2014We were attended to but by different waiters/waitresses who seemed distracted - no warmth. Having eaten main course we were abandoned - had to chase a waiter for coffees who couldn't take a coffee order bit went to find a waitress who could take a coffee order. NO incentive to return. Food was OK - nothing special.
- OK for a business lunchNewWTVIPDined on 20/2/2014I had lunch at Caravaggio and I was fairly disappointed by the overall experience. The food was good but far from stunning. The starters were the best. The fresh pasta was OK. The service was poor and a bit arrogant. The prices were OK for the location.Special Features:
- Very good food and excellentPuddingDined on 18/2/2014Very good food and excellent service. Rather quiet on a Monday eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick and easy ItalianfoodloverVIPDined on 18/2/2014A good location for business lunch in the City. Service was prompt and food was OK, nothing special.Special Features:
- Exceptional FoodDavidhzslDined on 14/2/2014Have been to this restaurant many times for lunch but not for a few years. I was pleasantly surprised that the level of food has not deminished during my absence and the dining experience was exceptional.I think the attendance at the restaurant on the day suffered as a result of the inclement weather - many tables available. But this did not deter us from having a most enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Effecient business venueElliefantasticDined on 12/2/2014Excellent service and business like atmosphere. Staff excellent but could smile as a suggestion.Special Features:
- Always reliable, v.good standardAG475VIPDined on 31/1/2014I am a regular and therefore biased but I am never disappointed by the food at Caravaggio.Special Features:
- Poor overall experienceJamesVIPDined on 30/1/2014A very poor overall experience. Limited choice on the menu. Much better options in the area.
- Great business lunchmousy105Dined on 29/1/2014In the heart of the city this is a good place for a business lunch for some authentic Italian cuisine. Have been here a few times and have never been disappointed. Ate from the A La carte menu, however they do a lunchtime special 2 course menu which I have had before which is really good valueSpecial Features:
- I booked Caravaggio for aPandaDined on 23/1/2014I booked Caravaggio for a business lunch. The service was attentive without being instrusive and the menu was wide ranging with a number of vegetarian options. The food itself was very good with decent portion sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaravaggioJohnnyslapVIPDined on 21/1/2014Food was ok. Service sporadic. Had an upstairs table that was a bit souless but to be fair it is January. Have had better meals here before in terms of ambience and serviceSpecial Features:
- good food good servicenimoDined on 20/1/2014You always know what you will get with carravaggio good food and attentative service. Limited atmosphere but then it was a Monday night so this was to be expected. Will go again 20% deal was niceSpecial Features: