100 Wardour Street
London, W1F 0TNNeighborhood:
IndianPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.caromsoho.com/
- Phone: 02073144002x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 12pm - until late
Friday: 12pm - 2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Vishnu Natarajan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Carom Soho
Carom restaurant serves up authentic Indian dishes with an emphasis on spontaneity and seasonality, a bust of Indian colour in in the heart of London's Soho.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carom Soho reviews from OpenTable diners
296 reviews since 20 May 2014
group bookings (137)pre/post theatre (125)special occasions (108)fit for foodies (104)good vegetarian options (92)outstanding value (79)romance (70)business meals (60)sunday lunch (12)brunch (10)child friendly (9)outdoor eating (8)afternoon tea (7)disabled access (2)Show More
- CC10Dined on 4/9/2014Set menu, food choice good, value good, wine really good. Service needs improving, not a busy early booking but waited a considerable time for drinks and initial items and all of us found communicating with ther server really very difficult. Great restaurant, ambience snd offer.Special Features:
- Great for sharingJoannaTDined on 2/9/2014I heard about Carom through the Evening Standard offer. Though the ES menu looked good, we decided to bypass it and choose from the main menu instead. We chose three starters and three mains, and a few sides to share between us, and there was not one dish which we didn't like. All bowls were cleared. I'd particularly recommend the chilly squid starter. It wasn't very spicy, and cooked perfectly. The black lentils were also a favourite of the table. The service was good. Even with a table of 4 girls, the waiter (Peppe) was patient and gave us enough deciding time. I'd recommend this restaurant to a friend. It was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Original Indian cuisinegordanshazVIPDined on 30/8/2014We had a great night out at Carom. The food is Indian with a gastronomic twist. Not your standard chicken tikka place. The atmosphere is a little boisterous but the youngsters around us were enjoying it and their mood rubbed off on us. Service was very charming and knowledgeable. We are planning to return for the quieter lunch service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but very draftyMerrVIPDined on 30/8/2014Me and my friends went there on a Saturday for dinner. At the begining we really enjoyed it. But I think we must have got a very unpleasant table. Because as we say there we feel there is a draft coming and made us all very cold. In the end one of my friend even had a stomach problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfull time !miomioDined on 30/8/2014Excelente servicio. Muy bonita la decoración. Música ambiental fantástica. Comida estupenda ! Nos asesoraron excelentemente. Se merecen un 10 . Repetiremos.Special Features:
- Great pre theatre choiceladieswholunchDined on 29/8/2014Having enjoyed other D&D restaurant deals I was happy to try Carom based on the Evening Standard offer of 2 courses and a glass of wine for £15. The service was outstanding and the meals were excellent - unusual combinations and flavours, a little more sauce needed and provided and altogether delicious. Needless to say, the 'deal' ended up being a small part of the final bill but no complaints here. We enjoyed the experience so much that we were happy to order aperitifs, more wine and coffee, and will return and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly good CaromHotlipsDined on 26/8/2014We met at Carom after the bank holiday in August. D & D London group has yet again delivered a consistently high standard. Carom had recently been redecorated. It it now a lively, frexh, spacious layout with comfortable seating an suitable lighting. Excellent waitor tonight. The food was v very tasty. Three of us share our meals. Definitely try the soft shell crab starter. The fried squid is equally brilliant. For mains, try the sizzling chicken for a grand entrance. Black lentils instesd of time. ? Its a winner.Special Features:
- Brilliant!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/8/2014Fantastic place, absolutely delicious food. Nothing like your run of the mill boring curry places, this place is just curry heaven and the quality of the meat is perfect. The only thing that bothered me was the music was quite loud early on in the evening. Our waiter was struggling to take our order as he couldn't hear and we had to keep shouting the order out. The reason you go out for dinner in a group is so you can catch up and have good conversations so if the music is loud and you have to constantly speak in a raised voice, it's a little annoying. Maybe the volume of the music can increase from around 9.30pm onwards .... ? Anyway, I will still go again as the food is just delicious :-)Special Features:
- Only go on Evening Standard dealFoodieDined on 23/8/2014The menu was short and uninspired, the place extremely noisy, the toilets were not great, the room was cold, lights too dim and the decor was generally tired and dated. The chicken main was very dry and the paneer had exactly 4 peices in it. Not good value for money even at £15 per head. We won't be going back. Only go if you are out clubbing and are totally famished. Hope things change as we fed all this back to the chef via the waiter. Service was excellent - just wish the food was too. Starter portions were massive but not great to eat.Special Features:
- Incredible IndianlondondiningDined on 21/8/2014Wow - I loved this place. Great food. Great wine. Amazing flavours.. Music got a little loud as the night went on. I wish restaurants wouldn't do this. People go for meals to talk and eat not dance and eat.Special Features:
- Great foodHJOICFDined on 18/8/2014We had the summer menu and it was both great value and amazing food - taste and quality. I believe they have recently refurbished and the style is great. Waiters need more training in terms of the menus and the food that is offered and available. Once that happens I am sure the restaurant will do very wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food terrible ambiencelondonwelshVIPDined on 16/8/2014We booked really last minute which was a struggle in London for 10 people. This place has great food, fantastic value for Soho, friendly and welcoming staff on arrival, but that's where it ends. The atmosphere is like dining in a busy club where the noise levels are pretty extreme and we spent the good part of an hour trying to grab the attention of the staff to order food and drinks. Service while dining was below average, orders were mixed up and dishes were forgotten about. If this place really focused on it's awesome food, improved customer service and toned down the club into bar ambience and not a rave it would be onto a Winner!
- Wonderful experiencefoodfreakDined on 11/8/2014The restaurant is quite fancy but you are made to feel very welcome and it's not snobby at all. The food was delicious and the portion sizes are huge! I will definitely be recommending it and going back myselfSpecial Features:
- Service could be betterJuliaMDined on 8/8/2014I booked not knowing that this was the first night opening after a refurbishment so all seemed quite hectic on arrival. The waiters all seemed quite new and lacked general etiquette. They weren't very knowledgable of the food/dishes and had to ask 3-4 times before the wine was eventually brought over to our table. They made a few mistakes, the worst of which was when we asked for an extra curry dish, which never turned up nor did we receive an apology. The food however was very nice and very reasonable. The DJ was a nice feature too and definitely great for larger parties.Special Features:
- Indre saves the day!LauraDined on 8/8/2014I've eaten @ Carom before and had a lovely meal but my experience last Friday was V different. It was the first night of opening after a re-furb & staff didn’t really know who was doing what, we had 4 separate waiters to take different parts of our order. 1 for wine, 1 for starter, 1 for dinner and and 4th to bring things number 3 had forgotten. The bathrooms smelt heavily of paint, 3 new sinks in, complete with large stickers still attached to them, holes in the tiles where the old sinks used to be, bits of wood unpainted etc The night was saved by the lovely Indre. We spoke to her & explained what had happened, she was great & full of empathy. Indre is a real credit to the management there & the reason I will go back. Thank you Indre!!
- Disappointing poor serviceloveoffoodDined on 8/8/2014Disappointing Friday night dinner & extremely poor service. We booked Traveller's menu on OpenTable but was presented with fixed price menu on arrival. When we complained waiter was unaware of this menu and would find out for us. 35 minutes after our arrival the waiter failed to present Travellers menu out of hunger we ordered from the fixed menu. Waiter apologised and blamed lack of staff but it appeared to be poor management to us. There was no designated waiter for our section - we had 5 diff waiters! Music was too loud and spoiled the ambience. Food was fine but portions too small and not value for money. We even had to pay 10% service charge for this awful experience. Definitely will not be recommending this restaurant to a friend.
- Wonderful VenueDaisyDined on 2/8/2014We had a wonderful time at Carom, the food was amazing and staff were very friendly. We went in the evening around 9pm and the atmosphere was really buzzing. Nice crowd, plus great music around the bar with the dj. A great place to eat, drink and just chill. Will be going back soon.Special Features:
- Fantastic all roundclareDined on 1/8/2014Everything was excellent. Great service and food was absolutely delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husbands BirthdayKfgrahamDined on 25/7/2014Visited the Carom for the 2nd time on my Husbands birthday. We used the the 2 courses and a glass of wine for £15. The service, food, atmosphere.... faultless. I mentioned on the booking that it was his birthday but didnt expect anything as we were already recieveing a bargain meal. However, after our 2 courses the waiter appeared with a slice of Sticky Toffee Pudding (the most delicious STP that we'd ever tried) and with a candle and Happy Birthday written on the plate. it's the small touches that will always keep bringing people back. A wonderful evening, thank you!Special Features:
- Great experienceWhales1Dined on 16/7/2014The staff were attentive about my allergies, the chef also kindly visited our table to ask how we were enjoying our meal. Food was fabulous, highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First trip to Carom at MezaDavidPVIPDined on 15/7/2014Tonight's dinner was a casual catch-up between 3 colleagues. We were surprised how quiet the restaurant was on a Tuesday evening; this did impact on the atmosphere somewhat. However our waiter, Ricardo, was super cheerful and attentive. The food was great - the nice selection of poppadoms and chutneys set a good tone - and there were plenty of interesting choices on the set menu. The wine list was thorough and fairly priced. Al in all I would go back if I wanted to have Indian food with a stylish environment and a good location.Special Features:
- great food, faultless serviceKWhallDined on 12/7/2014I went to Carom with my family on Saturday night. We had a selection of starters and mains, all of which were delicious, although the chicken lababdar was on the bland side. The rest of the food was lovely, full of spice and flavour. The cocktails were sensational, I would recommend the lychee and rose collins! The only let down about the evening was the fact that they show football on televisions in the restaurant. Having gone out for a relaxed meal for my birthday, I did not expect to have my family conversation competing with football commentary and shouting fans. Other than that, it was a good meal and I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual IndianNotApplicableDined on 11/7/2014Had a booth booked, I recommend chicken and kebab starters. The mains are on the small side, not much variety in term of Indian desserts. Not a great representation of spectrum of Indian cuisine. Most drinks are fine. Great for a quick casual Indian, very decent value in central London.Special Features:
- Staff are really damn good!HelloemboDined on 8/7/2014Came for my boyfriends birthday and the waiter we had was so friendly and was good at recommending dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value for moneyLuv2dineDined on 5/7/2014Overall food & experience was very good. Waiter was attentive & service was pleasant. Arrival of food & drinks was very prompt. However the restrooms need a lot of attention considering it's in central London. Overall good .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool but not pretentiousalexDined on 5/7/2014When I realised it was the restaurant above the Floridita bar I was worried that it would either be a bit pretentious or overly commercial. I was wrong on both fronts. It did a really good job of being buzzing and relaxed. Food was really good and I would definitely recommend going back with a big group/ party. Total bill came to £31 pp for starters + mains and plenty of drinks (beer mainly).
- not a run of the mill IndianhelkatDined on 5/7/2014We booked an early dinner pre theatre. Great choice of food both familiar and unfamiliar. Recommend taking the poppadoms and crackers while deciding what to eat. Next time will try the cocktailsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 28/6/2014Chose this as fancied a different version of indain cuisine - really enjoyed the meal. Not a huge menu but enough. 4 of us had 4 different dishes and all enjoyed.Special Features:
- SRloveabargainVIPDined on 27/6/2014The food at Carom was good but unfortunately the service was atrocious. Our waiter had no memory of having taken an order from us and we had to ask for the bottle of wine we had ordered 4 times before it finally arrived long after the starters had been served and eaten. We were about to give up! Our table was in a function room at the back of the restaurant that had been opened up to provide additional dining space so we didn't feel part of the main restaurant. The speaker playing loud music above the table didn't help to create the right ambience either. All together not a positive experience and not one any of our party care to repeat.
- Good FoodJINALDined on 27/6/2014My second visit here in last 6 months. Service can be a littke slow and getting a waiters attention difficult. Bar this had a great evening as yummy foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fab as alwaysenpeeDined on 25/6/2014We went as a group for a friends leaving dinner and as always carom did not disappoint. The food, service, ambience were all great. Being an Indian theres a few places that can step up to the mark carom always does. Friends loved it, even though the menu was nothing they recognised from a typical curry house, which is why i go there! Its the real indian deal at a reasonable price in central london!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good foodTJ101Dined on 18/6/2014besides the fact that the football match was on, this was a great restaurant with nice lively ambience. everything we ordered was very tasty and worth the money as well. definitely will go backSpecial Features:
- MIXED BAGmoscDined on 18/6/2014my heart sank when i entered the large low ceiling space which managed to pull off the trick of being simultaneously empty (it was at the point only 1830) and claustrophobic. It was obviously our young waiter's first day on the job but he was charming and did everything the could to look after us. we ordered from the traveller menu. the vegetarian courses were both excellent and the chicken tikka stater moist and delicious. the venison curry wasn't to my taste but my friends liked it. rice was fantastic. by the time we left the place was packed and the background noise deafening. Overall a mixed experience. great food, good service and really quite good value. just a horrible room to sit and eat in.
- Great placeFoodieDined on 14/6/2014Been here over 5 times and each time the experience has been fantastic. The food is great and amazing. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- 123debbieDined on 13/6/2014We came from abroad and booked for an evening meal before clubbing the food and service was fantastic !!!!!!Special Features:
- Great food but no atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2014We went on a Wednesday lunchtime in June and we were the only people in the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely Disappointed at serviceBrnbvDined on 6/6/2014We had read good reviews and expected good things when booking this. Although the Travellers menu offer was good and the Food itself very good... the service was very poor. We were taken to the room at the back which only had a few tables so were pleasantly surprised but there was only one person serving this area. We had to continually keep asking for things like water as they seemed to have forgotten. One extra drink appeared on the bill and we disputed this because we had explicitly pointed out that this drink was cancelled and another drink ordered in it's place, which was served. At the end of the meal we asked for teas/coffees - 30 mins later still nothing so we went up to the waiter and cancelled the order.
- Fab food!NushVIPDined on 6/6/2014Friday night dining venue after drinks two weeks ago, we spent ~£70 including a bottle of wine for two! The food was very good and we both enjoyed the lovely flavours. Our waitress was a smiley-faced lady who was very efficient while covering a lot of ground and tables, she was always seemed to be there when we needed something. Given the price and being perfect for what we were looking for, i.e. cheapish eat in Soho will definitely be going again.Special Features:
- Fantastic foodSabrinaDined on 31/5/2014amazing and tasty food friendly & helpful staff good range of meze food wide range of cocktails tailored to ones taste great for a social meet up with friendsSpecial Features:
- Absolutely amazing!!foodieinmy20sDined on 31/5/2014Everytime I come to this restaurant I receive brilliant service and the staff even remember who I am from months ago! The food is amazing, I am Indian and I keep coming back because of the high quality and Favour. Especially the prawn starters and coconut curry are a must try! Also the chicken sizzling dish for mains took our breaths away when they set it alight!! I can't say enough good things about the restaurant, drinks are yummy too :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.