2c Wake Green Road
St Marys Row
Birmingham, B13 9EZNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cartersofmoseley.co.uk/
- Phone: 01214498885x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday: 12pm - 2p; Sunday: 12pm - 3pm
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 6:30pm - 9:30pm
* Please note; we currently have an age policy of 8 years+ at all times.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Brad Carter
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Carters
Carters is an independently owned Modern British Restaurant. Chef Brad Carter is passionate about everything British, Free-range meat, Wild Fish & Local producers help make up the modern, seasonal menus. Together with partner Holly, they have created a perfect Neighbourhood restaurant fit for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Carters - Best restaurants in Birmingham ›
Carters reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since 27 May 2014
special occasions (124)fit for foodies (99)romance (74)sunday lunch (48)business meals (37)outstanding value (36)disabled access (25)group bookings (24)good vegetarian options (23)afternoon tea (18)pre/post theatre (5)brunch (4)child friendly (1)Show More
- Taster menus are just yumPolypodyDined on 21/9/2014We stumbled upon this super little place by accident. Since then we have been returning to this restaurant again and again for their taster menu. The chef is talented and innovative (without being pretentious, faddy or over the top). Every visit the food has been yummy and different. There is a real focus on sustainable and local food (this Sunday we had english truffle). Neither of us eat gluten. At the shortest of notice we are provided with the best gluten free rolls we have ever eaten (with plenty of the moreish butter). Staff are friendly and attentive without being fussy. The second time we visited we were remembered, which is just one of the things which makes Carters' dining experience intimate and friendly.Special Features:
- Carters gets better and better!sparkygDined on 20/9/2014We have visited Carters on several occasions and each time we feel it has become even better. Brad is a very inventive chef and he and his team produce some wonderful food. Holly is a fabulous host who looks after every single guest in the restaurant. Well done to all the staff at Carters. They do a great job.Special Features:
- Excellent 5-course Sunday Supper !!berkfromtrapdoorDined on 14/9/2014Top notch booking, welcome, service, food, wine and atmosphere. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Superb lunchMoseleyMumDined on 11/9/2014Holly as front of house was as welcoming and engaging as ever. Well done on your award, well deserved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All that's best in brumGobrumDined on 10/9/2014A great evening from informal friendly yet informative waiting staff to a super five course tasting menu with a few surprises bread in a bag with not only butter but dripping what a dream could go off butter ! Lots of different tastes beautifully tender grouse local damsons and buttermilk mousse much more. One of the best kept cheese plates ever room temperature tasty and yielding didn't need biscuits or chutney though both were available . Would we go again you bet can't wait to try the other menu options. Wine list good affordable wines such a shame that so many good restaurants have such a massive mark up on wines tends to make choosing a good wine elitist another star for birmingham go brum! XSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceCharlhereDined on 7/9/2014We have eaten the Sunday supper menu at Carters several times and have always been impressed. The food is outstanding and excellent t value. The staff couldn't be more professional and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday lunchDavidDined on 7/9/2014Our 3rd Sunday lunch visit and just as good as the others. The restaurant is exceptional in all regards and we can not fault it in any way.The staff are friendly and knowledgeable,the food and service are first class,the atmosphere is very relaxing. Furthermore the prices are very reasonable for what one receives !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceRakelJDined on 6/9/2014We visited Carters on a Saturday evening and had the 5 course tasting menu. The food was lovely and included things that we probably wouldn't usually have ordered but enjoyed. The restaurant is small and intimate with a nice relaxed ambience. Excellent service from all the staff. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carters of MoselyStevangDined on 30/8/2014We had received a gift voucher for our anniversary and decided to have a Saturday Lunchtime meal, we were not disappointed. The staff welcomed us by name on arrival, although this was our first visit. we were offered a choice of tables and made to feel very welcome.The staff have a great knowledge of the area and the products they serve. The value for money is great, superb food at a reasonable cost with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectionPabloDined on 29/8/2014not much more to say than perfect food, wonderful wine and attentive but not intrusive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best plate of food in Ten YearsPPDSwissDined on 29/8/2014Carters of Moseley are incredible. Our evening meal was a set menu, five courses of the most incredible flavours, textures and quality. The Game course alone was the best plate of food I've had in ten years. We included their optional Wine Matching and had a new glass of wine with each course, again ideally picked to compliment the plate. The waiting staff were friendly, knowledgable, interesting and completed added to the experience. An evening meal with wine matching will set you back £85 so it is a pricey night out. You get what you pay for though.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceMandJDined on 29/8/2014Excellent food, great atmosphere, helpful and knowledgeable staff. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great eveningHappycustomersDined on 7/8/2014Excellent and interesting combinations of foods, unlike anywhere else we have tried in Birmingham. Just right for a special meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014I went to Carters of Moseley with my boyfriend for our Anniversary. The food and service were both of very good quality. I enjoyed the starter the most which was a different take on bacon and eggs. We received complimentray bread and a some lovely chocolate at the end with 'Happy Anniversary' written with chocolate sauce. I would recommend Carters to friends and family for more special occassionsSpecial Features:
- Fantastic individual restaurantJoandmumsDined on 30/7/2014We have been meaning to go to Carters for ages as it's rated so highly. It was even better. 5 course set menu was outstanding. All locally sourced food if possible. Michelin star rated food, with their own take on each course. Each course was carefully presented. The service was so personal, all questions answered and each course explained with great knowledge. We didn't do the wine match as one of us was driving. Will do next time. Beautiful experience and fantastic food, finished with home made chocolate wrapped in foil in a tin. Was lovely. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the wait!BecksDined on 27/7/2014I've been waiting to be in Moseley child free to try out Carters and it was worth the wait! Home made bread with flour milled locally in Sarehole Mill, with pig butter, my Nan was in seventh heaven. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. The food was outstanding, taste and presentation. Liked to quirky treacle pudding severed in a golden syrup pot. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Another lovely evening!BarneysfriendDined on 26/7/2014We had another wonderful experience of Carters on Saturday night. For the first time, we brought a friend who was a vegetarian and were so thrilled to see that the food presented to her was as creative and delicious as ours. Holly and the other front of house staff were as warm and as informative and helpful as ever. We are so thrilled that the Good Food Guide has recognised what a wonderful little gem Carters is and congratulations to Holly and Brad on their much deserved success!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealLloydGDined on 26/7/2014The service throughout was very good - attentive without being over-bearing. Each of the waiters/waitresses had good knowledge of the food, and explained each course of the tasting menu to us. At £45 a head for the 5 course tasting menu, it's not cheap, but each course was excellent, and for a special occassion, it is well worth a visitSpecial Features:
- Lovely Lunch!AuntyMDined on 26/7/2014Went to Carter's for lunch on a Saturday afternoon. Staff were very welcoming and super-friendly, making us feel relaxed and welcome as soon as we walked in. Our meals were delicious. Staff are highly knowledgeable about the provenance of ingredients and were ready and able to recommend suitable wine to accompany our meals. The food was presented beautifully and very well paced so we had enough time to digest before the next course. We can't wait to go back again and would highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Carters restaurantFPPCDined on 23/7/2014We had the tasting menu on a Wednesday night. There were several things on the menu that if they had been on an a la carte menu, i would not have chosen them. However, i have to say the entire tasting menu was fantastic, the service superb and i will certainly be going back again Carters was at least on a par, if not better, than the Michelin starred restaurants in BirminghamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can't buy classpdtathomeDined on 16/7/2014Lovely meal; great staff; good ambience. Highly recomendedSpecial Features:
- cartersyummyVIPDined on 10/7/2014Excellent local restaurant that i would love at the bottom of my road. We had the lunch set menu with smoked ricotta and air dried tuna salad and delicious pork fillet, there was room for the lovely english cheese which miracle of miracles was at room temperature and delicious. Very interesting wine list including unusual ones from Gascony. I have already booked a return trip, fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Returned for excellent evening....Loulou73Dined on 4/7/2014We first dined at Carter's of Moseley on our wedding anniversary on May 8th and the food and service was outstanding so we returned on Friday just for a pay day treat. The ambience of Carters is very relaxed but you are always made to feel exceptionally welcome. The staff are professional and are knowledgable about the food and wine but it is in such a relaxed and informal manner it is not pompous or too formal. The menu was exquisite on Friday and my husband and I particularly loved the snacks of chicken liver parfait with cereal and the cods roe. The evening went on with an elegant fish course with gooseberries, a fine lamb and a truly delicious strawberry desert. We have dined in Simpsons and Purnell's, Carter's is the new favourite.Special Features:
- Specail meal for friends...Sarge88Dined on 3/7/2014Visited the restaurant for a special meal with friends on Thursday 3rd July and had a fantastic evening. Food and service was outstanding...really appreciated the staff taking the time to talk to us about each plate and they timed the delivery of each course perfectly. Will definitely be recommending Carters to friends and family and will be back again myself soon I'm sure.Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceEmmaLDined on 29/6/2014Wonderful food, friendly staff and can't wait for the next excuse to visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night & Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 21/6/2014Just a fairly quick line to say what a great evening my wife & I had at Carters. It was a Birthday/Anniversary celebration so we opted for somewhere a bit special. The staff couldn't have been more attentive & the knowledge about each course was admirable.The timing between the courses was spot on, never left waiting but never rushed. Overall a great night & we will be back.Special Features:
- Fabulous foodie fayreCarterificDined on 18/6/2014Our evening spent in Carters was superb. We were greeted with a warm friendly smile and the waiting staff and manager did everything to make our evening special. The food was sublime and the wines chosen to compliment each course were perfect. We were happy to pay the bill as the whole experience was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkBoothDined on 15/6/2014Excellent food and service once again thus is our third visit and every experience has been top drawSpecial Features:
- carters reviewpickfaceDined on 11/6/2014.Had not visited the restaurant before so came with an open mind,found the decor clean and interesting with a small bag of bread on the table. the flour was locally sourced from Sarehole Mill . We both started with mackerel covered with cucumber in a gooseberry sauce. very tasty .Main for myself a sea trout, in a mustard dressing. you had one portion of veg which was asparagus. i chose to forgo this and had new potatoes instead, consisting of two small new potatoes.It was cooked to perfection. cheese was an extra which we were glad to pay extra for. three English cheeses and 5 biscuits. my friend had a lamb faggot which he thoroughly enjoyed and veg were the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cracking local gemElsBellsDined on 1/6/2014Went for Sunday supper in June 2014. Wonderful friendly and knowledgeable service, gorgeously presented food, each of the 5 courses was delicious and beautifully presented and my wheat allergy was very well accommodated. Free parking, lovely looking restaurant, can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- ExcellentMandJDined on 29/5/2014Excellent food and wine. Great service and excellent value given the quality of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!JessGDined on 29/5/2014We had lunch here during the week and had a really lovely meal. The service was wonderful - friendly and attentive and the food was outstanding, a testimony to the careful choice of ingredients and the chef's sympathetic cooking style. A lovely relaxed atmosphere. Well worth making a detour for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLovelyfoodDined on 28/5/2014Lovely atmosphere. Very good food and friendly staff. Excellent price for the quality of food. The starter of deviled hearts was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, ambience and experienceDelightfulDined on 25/5/2014Enjoyed a lovely Sunday Lunch Menu here with a friend for her birthday meal. The house bread was beautiful as was the butter that came with it. The entire menu was delicious - the purple carrots were my favourite...not to mention the sublime almond rhubarb crumble! They even brought out a complimentary couple of chocolates (home made, spice-infused) for us to enjoy to mark the special occasion. The service was good, although I found some servers to go the extra mile and others less so. On the whole, though, they were all friendly and it was a lovely little place with great ambience and no sense of being rushed at all. Service was a bit patchy at times with clumsiness and, from one of the servers, a tone short of polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some constructive commentsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 24/5/2014Overall a great meal. A few comments which we hope you find constructive. 1. As the menu is fixed there should perhaps be one or two options for diners who don't like a particular dish. I did get a call asking if there was anything we didn't like but that seems a bit hit and miss to us. 2. It would have been nice to have the bread served with the starters rather than almost as a separate course. 3. A little more information on the wine list would have been useful, particularly on country of origin and grape variety. Otherwise a really enjoyable meal with great food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Amazing birthday mealStarDined on 23/5/2014We booked a table at carters for a special birthday treat. From the moment we walked into the restaurant the service was outstanding, the environment was friendly and relaxed. I'm a massive foodie and have eaten at some of the top restaurants in the world - the food at carters is spectacular, definitely Michelin star standard! The staff were attentive but not overbearing, incredibly knowledgable about the menu and the wine. Could not recommend it enough and will definitely be going back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening. Excellent service.EyesbiggerDined on 22/5/2014Our first visit to Carters and we will definitely be going again. The service was brilliant and the intervals between courses paced just right. Favourites were the asparagus and polenta, and the mango and goats' curd dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceJoeyMMagicDined on 15/5/2014We had dinner which was a taster menu, for fine dinning I thought this was very good value. The food was some of the best I've tasted and the service had the perfect balance between being attentive while relaxed which created the perfect atmosphere. A lovely evening, looking forward to going again, we would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday mealHesnayDined on 10/5/2014We'd been looking forward to this meal all week. We were not disappointed. A warm welcome, followed by top notch service through out what more could a birthday boy ask for? Food. The food was absolutely superb and offered great value for money. We will be back, hopefully to try out the Sunday lunch again next time.Special Features:
- StunningcurlewDined on 9/5/2014A quite unbelievable meal. Intense flavours matched and balanced, combining seasonality with locality served with charm and knowledge. There was, as always, very attentive service but it never appears as overbearing or intrusive. Who could believe polenta could reach such heights?Special Features: