7 - 9 Exhibition Road
London, SW7 2HENeighbourhood:
SpanishPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brindisa.com/restaurants/casa-brindisa/
- Phone: 02075900008x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11am - 11.30pm
Saturday: 10am - 11.30pm
Sunday: 10am - 10.30pm
Please note that on weekends the kitchen closes from 4pm until 5pm.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Executive Chef: Josep Carbonell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Casa Brindisa
Casa Brindisa is a stylish Spanish tapas restaurant that brings a little taste of Spain to the museum-lined streets of South Kensington. Light and airy, but also with a terrace on the newly pedestrianised Exhibition Road where diners can watch the world go by, Casa Brindisa is the ideal spot for after work drinks, family suppers, business dates and romantic meals. The restaurant's menu includes traditional tapas dishes and specialities inspired by cuisine of Catalonia, the home of head chef Leo Rivera.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerPre/post Theatre
Casa Brindisa - Best restaurants in South Kensington ›
Casa Brindisa reviews from OpenTable diners
365 reviews since 31 October 2013
fit for foodies (156)pre/post theatre (139)outdoor eating (101)group bookings (79)good vegetarian options (77)special occasions (66)brunch (64)child friendly (52)business meals (51)sunday lunch (47)romance (44)outstanding value (23)disabled access (3)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- LauraCarniceroDined on 25/10/2014I am originally from Spain and can confirm that the produce served at CB are of best quality for Spanish standards. The menu combines standard traditional courses (such as tortilla or patatas bravas) as well as some courses with a more contemporary/original outlook. I was seriously impressed by the "Sauteed Squid with ground broccoli, cauliflower and Jerusalem artichoke pure". The restaurant is well staffed and we were served promptly. The decor is modern and Spanish inspired at the same time. I personally quite like the panoramic photographs on display. Prices are on the expensive end, but every penny was worth. That said it was a special evening, following a good show at Royal Albert Hall - which is just 10-15min away on foot.Special Features:
- Tapas for 4usfoodiesDined on 24/10/2014What a fun and delicious way to enjoy an evening out with friends! The wines are good, and the different food choices intriguing and delicious. All conducive to relaxation and good conversation. We'll be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EgonToastDined on 24/10/2014Good value tapas, with a different range of dishes from the usual ones. Good cooking and prompt service. The only downside is that it's a bit noisy, conversations were fighting with the clattering from the kitchen and music playing on speakers. There was a nice bustling atmosphere, so why did we need the music?Special Features:
- consistently great tapasTrishaDined on 23/10/2014I'm never disappointed with Brindisa. It's not cheap but the food is always interesting and the people are nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with no frillsYRV2014Dined on 23/10/2014Brindisa serves a very good food, well prepared and tasty. It is an excellent restaurant inf you are going to or coming from the theatre. However, it is not a good place if you are looking for a quiet and relaxing place to eat. It is noisy and loud and everything seems to be done in a hurry. If you are after a romantic meal or on a first date, stay away! The savoury dishes are really good, the desserts not so much....they seem to be an afterthought of the main menu. Brinsdisa needs to work on their dessertts because at he moment they are ruining what it could be a really god meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting tapasRBMikeDined on 21/10/2014Am a regular here: always interesting dishes and reasonable value. Excellent Spanish wines. Crowded and buzzy but guests are never hurried. MY only wish is that the menu would change more often or have daily specials. With tapas, you can eat through the menu quickly and then need something new on the nest visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 21/10/2014Fun, friendly place to eat and catch up with friends!! Sharing plates and very good service!!Special Features:
- Fab fab fabFraggle310182Dined on 20/10/2014Great tapas, goats cheese with honey is outstanding. A must go any time of day.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceSteveDined on 18/10/2014Good range of tapas type dishes with speedy service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TapasLoveLondonDiningDined on 13/10/2014Food was ok, nothing special. Our patatas bravas never arrived despite asking twice. One of our dishes was delivered to the wrong table. However the waiter was so cheerful and polite we forgave him! Garlic prawns piping hot and tasty. Despite spending £50 the two of us were still hungry. This restaurant is, however, very popular.
- Quality tapasBatterseaLocalDined on 9/10/2014Brindisa is a great chain. The south ken branch is really smart, with the main dining room bright and fresh. The food is really very good - the charcuterie selection is huge, the tapas has lots of familiar dishes, each with a twist and touch of flair. We went early on a Thursday evening and the restaurant took a while to fill up, so it was a bit quiet - the tables are quite close together so you need it to be buzzing so it doesn't feel a bit weird. However, the food is great and the service is very good. We were through in under an hour without it feeling rushed and having had plenty to eat and drink before heading off for the rest of the evening's activities.Special Features:
- The staff & food are exceptionalGeeDDined on 7/10/2014Ate a late dinner here as a couple. The food is very high quality and perfectly cooked. The staff are all helpful and the right side of polite, formal and personable all at once. Great spot for foodies, for relaxed dinners and for special meals too. All round winner.Special Features:
- Great food, great ambienceLondonDinerDined on 4/10/2014Been to casa Brindisa for a few times now, and it remains as good as ever. Love the octopus leg, marinated chicken, and tortilla. Definitely recommended for a great night out with friends.
- Impressively simpleTastymorselDined on 1/10/2014Brindisa have a strong reputation as a Spanish food supplier and it shows! Being a tapas restaurant the dishes are small, simple and well executed, relying heavily on exceptional ingredients. But there was some really interesting combinations like salt cod with apples and quince which was exceptional.The staff were pleasant, attentive, and for a central London restaurant it wasn't too expensive. If you're not a Londoner you may wince at the prices for small dishes of tasty morsels but as a foodie it was definitely worth it! I'll happily go back and recommend it to my friends.Special Features:
- Casa BrindisiaZoidDined on 27/9/2014The restaurant was excellent, food was good, wine was great, the location is perfect and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. The Open Table booking App worked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as alwaysS1274Dined on 21/9/2014Food was as good as ever but service was less attentive and quite slow. We were left waiting a good 20 mins or more for our last two tapas, before a show and the staff weren't as efficient as usual,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!ItallianloverDined on 19/9/2014We had a party of eighteen on a busy Saturday evening, the staff were ever so accommodating and service was excellent. Food was great and value for money. Will definitely go back again! Very impressed and definitely had a nice evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent tapasColinDined on 16/9/2014Casa Brindisa is a cut above most tapas places. The menu is fairly small but well thought out and varied and really well done. The staff are attentive and efficient and the location is excellent, near the museums and quiet traffic wise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it for a fun evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/9/2014It's a very trendy, upbeat, full of energy atmosphere with a wonderful selection of Tapas and wine and sherry. The crowd will dictate how fast they try to push you from your table. Generally I prefer to enjoy tapas over several hours of wine and conversation. The noise level inside and the somewhat rushed servers doesn't always lend itself to that, especially if they're busy (which they often are on a weekend). And, again, if busy, not the best choice for a romantic meal. Overall though probably my favorite restaurant in London.Special Features:
- OverthehillOverthehillVIPDined on 12/9/2014We always enjoy the food and ambience of this restaurant and so have eaten there a number of times. However this visit would make me think twice. We ordered drinks and then food. The food started coming way before our drinks arrived. We had to ask for the wine again. Then the courses kept coming which is fine except there was no place left on the table so we had to start moving food onto other plates just to fit. The whole meal took 20 mins and when we ordered another glass of wine, I felt like we were imposing and holding up the table even though I had booked and wasn't a walk up. Too quick and too rushed. We paid the bill and went to another place fore more wine and coffee.Special Features:
- Lovely pre Proms mealMusicandFoodloverDined on 11/9/2014Four of us ate at Casa Brindisa before going to the Proms. Everything about it was good - service, food and price. I would highly recommend it, especially if you are going to the Albert Hall from South Ken tube as it's exactly on the way and the service is quick if you need it to be.Special Features:
- cheerfulDined on 11/9/2014Excellent food as usual. Service friendly but NOT always attentive.Special Features:
- Lovely tapasWestLondonDinerDined on 9/9/2014Some innovative dishes on the menu, particularly like the beetroot with blue cheese and almonds. Good service. Would recommend a visit if in the area.Special Features:
- Tapas anyone?ElaineDined on 8/9/2014Chose this restaurant for a gathering of friends inc. one whose partner is a Spaniard with high eating standards. Bit noisy for easy chatting as full and background music too loud, but good variety of tapas on the menu and some unusual sherries to try. We had interesting cheese platter, a meat one with different sausages, olives in orange and something else ( delicious), tortilla (of course) and several more fish and vegetarian dishes. Ideal for a big party where everyone tries a little of a wide variety of items. Portions sensible for sharing. My friend will bring his Spanish partner to try it- some praise Service friendly if not always prompt. Would go again if in South Kensington area ( good for pre Albert Hall concerts)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Proms tapasIRofRVIPDined on 8/9/2014Very convenient venue for the Royal Albert Hall. My Gazpacho was delicious, my table outside on the wide pavement very pleasant, and the service efficient..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive food experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Service is attentive and friendly with a buzzing, lively ambience whilst also being relaxing and welcoming. There is an excellent choice of food, including an interesting selection for vegetarians. The food is authentic with some of the regular tapas favourites - tortilla, gambas al ajillo etc as well as a great selection of lesser known dishes. The one thing they have in common - everything is delicious!! A brilliant evening after a busy working day. I'll definitely be booking to come again when I'm next down in London.Special Features:
- Great quality smartly servedjohnofthefarmVIPDined on 7/9/2014We joined the throng to have lunch on Sunday prior to attending a Prom in the Royal Albert Hall. Despite the bustle, service was good and remained so for our stay. The food was delicious and the bill represented good value.Special Features:
- Busy post-Prom dinnerDavidEppingDined on 5/9/2014Chose this restaurant for a quick meal after a Prom at the RAH. Booked a table for 9 pm and this booking was honoured although the restaurant was very busy. Staff were friendly and welcoming even though they were under a lot of pressure. Generous platter of charcuterie to begin followed by a selection of tapas which arrived in rather random order and we had to remind waiter of order for prawns. Have used this restaurant before and will do so again - good value, authentic Spanish food, good wine list and all at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty supperlaraperryDined on 5/9/2014Good range of tapa at this restaurant. The menu is slightly difficult to work out but got some help. Good summer vibe - particularly in the outside seating area.Special Features:
- JillVIPDined on 1/9/2014We went to Casa Brindisa before going to the Proms. Had a very enjoyable meal and the waiters were happy to give advice re the tapas orders. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Average chain restaurant foodIsabellaFDined on 30/8/2014Was keen to come here as knew of the Borough market reputation. Unfortunately although service was exceleent, despite it being a busy Saturday evening, the food really is very average and prices felt very high for what it was.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 28/8/2014A nice tapas restaurant with good food and excellent sherrySpecial Features:
- Brindisa ReviewFoodfanDined on 26/8/2014Great food & ambience, love coming here. The staff can be too quick to remove plates but service is efficient. If u sit downstairs the sir con is rather to efficient as it cools the kitchen. Ask to sit by a window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brindisa South KensingtonAggieDined on 21/8/2014The food is reliably good at Brindisa restaurants. I'm not so keen on the interior of the South Ken venue. Great if you can eat outside though.Special Features:
- Casa Brindisa delivers againWebdinersVIPDined on 21/8/2014This was our second visit to Casa Brindisa in a week, this time with some friends ahead of a Prom. We ordered some favourites and some new things (in the end rather too much) and the last items came too late for us to eat. The staff found a takeaway bag so enjoyed our Catalan sausages at home. It can be difficult to catch a waiter's eye when it's busy but the service is generally good. The food is all tasty and nicely prepared.Special Features:
- Busy BrindisaWebdinersVIPDined on 16/8/2014We had booked a table at Brindisa for between Proms Tapas (as had quite a few others). The restaurant was busy on a Saturday night and we had to wait quite a while for a bar seat and then our table. The plates of tapas being carried past us looked great and when we finally received ours, tasted good as well. We'll try and go back when it's not so frantic to explore the nice range of Tapas and wines. A slight mark down for the service because there was no table when booked (or gesture for the inconvenience).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodGeorgeDined on 16/8/2014I go to Casa Brindisa fairly regularly. I love the buzzy atmosphere of the place, the food is always good and they have a great wine list . Staff are friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerLoveSapnishFoodDined on 11/8/2014We visited Casa Brindisa on a Monday evening after a visit to the Science museum. Good job we had booked! It was busy and people were waiting for tables. We arrived a bit earlier than our booking time and were accommodated slmost immediately. The aevice was very friendly and the food was delicious! Except for the lamb chops, which were much mire expensive than they should have been. Not much choice for children, except maybe the very delicious tortilla. Will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeresaDined on 11/8/2014We were a group of 5 people and so we were able to order many dishes to share. The food was surprisingly delicious, and the service made it a very enjoyable, positive, evening!! Will definitely have a meal here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top quality, fresh ingredients.LondolassDined on 10/8/2014I've taken visiting family members to brindisa on a couple of occasions and cannot reccomend it enough. Go with a group and try as much as you can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.