Cassis Bistro - London
232-236 Brompton Road
London, SW3 2BBNeighbourhood:
ProvencalPrice: £26 to £40
Cassis Bistro - London
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cassisbistro.co.uk/
- Phone: 02075811101
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12pm -11pm
Saturday and Sunday: 10:30am - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Provencal
- Executive Chef: David Escobar
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
Brunch:Sat-Sun,12:00pm to 6:00pm
Lunch:Mo-Fr,12:00pm to 3:00pm
Dinner:Mo-Sun,6:00pm to 11:00pm
A word from Cassis Bistro - London
With its accent on the Provençale cuisines of Southern France, this sleek and stylish restaurant and bar excels in recreating the bold, rustic flavours of the Mediterranean. New Executive Chef, Massimiliano Blasone, draws on his Italian flair and culinary ability, to create a menu full of exceptional pastas, the finest fish and succulent meats that is infused with the flavours and warmth of his Mediterranean heritage. The relaxed atmosphere, sophisticated modern interior, incorporating works by Matisse, Gary Hume and Julian Opie amongst others, create a chic and social ambience- perfect for any occasion! There is also a chic bar: a destination in its own right, with a team of experienced bar-tenders on hand to help you choose between such favourites as Cassis’ signature Kir Royal, French Mojito or the cocktail of the day.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cassis Bistro - London reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since 3 June 2014
business meals (28)fit for foodies (21)special occasions (19)romance (18)brunch (13)outstanding value (12)sunday lunch (8)pre/post theatre (8)group bookings (8)good vegetarian options (5)child friendly (4)disabled access (4)outdoor eating (3)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- Cassis a wonderful find!ShaKDined on 3/5/2014I've been here several times and had the champagne weekend brunch and it is fabulous. The staff are lovely, the food superb. The burrara and veg is a must as is the sausage and lentils. I'd recommend!Special Features:
- Food average, service poorHkbbcDined on 4/4/2014We opted for the 2 course plus wine offer at £26.50. Upon seating, service started well and all the staff were friendly at least. However, things went downhill from here, with one of us being served a starter and the other 2 guests had to wait for about 20 minutes before we spoke to the waiter and requested for all the starters to be served together. Naturally 10 minutes later, the other 2 starters did arrive as well as the main course!!! Not sure why they messed up like this. Furthermore, from the beginning the food was being served to the wrong people. Anyway, food was average but this can be forgiven if service was better. Please note the restaurant was not busy, esp for a Friday night, so I guess this explains everything!
- Great place with deliciousTaniaDined on 29/3/2014Great place with delicious food. Good value for moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff, not such great foodluvfdVIPDined on 28/3/2014The meals were ok. My risotto was quite good; partner's chicken -- boring. The restaurant, itself, is an attractive place, and unusal these days, one can actually have a conversation and be heard.Special Features:
- the pre fix menu is amazing.koheiiwaiDined on 25/3/2014the pre fix menu is amazing. it's good value indeed. portion might be slightly less/smaller, yet overall quality is quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall winnermfitzDined on 8/3/2014Lovely restaruant with a nice atmosphere, buzzy, adequately lit while still verging on intimate. Great service and great people watching. The food was excellent with ample portions. Certainly one to be repeated.
- Fabulous experiencePepperpotDined on 8/3/2014We visited Cassis bistro for a Saturday lunch. We had the set champagne brunch menu. The food was fabulous and the service excellent. We only wished we lived nearer so we could go every week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cassis Bistro - KnightsbridgeFable11Dined on 7/3/2014Good choice on set menu with well presented, tasty food. Service was attentive and helpful. Good cocktails at a very pleasant bar. What lets the restaurant down is its lack of customers....it is a little off the beaten track. A shame because it is nicely lit and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cassis BistroItalian1Dined on 7/3/2014We had an absolutely excellent meal at Cassis Bistro, every course was very well executed and delicious. The service was attentive but never intrusive. One of the best italian meals we have eaten.Special Features:
- Lovely meal, attentive staffDisappointedinerDined on 7/3/2014Booked for a pre-theatre meal and took advantage of the top table 2 courses and glass of wine for £22. We were late and slightly rushed, but the staff were so helpful in getting our food out on them and even stopping a cab to take us to the venue on time. The amuse bouche was tasty and there was a ready supply of bread. My only reservation was that the meals themselves were very small and my main lacked any carbohydrate portion. However, the food was creative and tasty. Would return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- strange creatureshighjinksDined on 6/3/2014this restaurant is not sure what it is. Subdued lighting, everything in beige, large Michelin style tables for 2 but the food is not up to scratch. Some is good - but I had chicken from the toptable menu and two bits were burnt and one was under done. I am not sure if this is because we were on a toptable menu and therefore had no rights as we were paying so little (2 courses for £22 which is still rather a lot). We were there on a Thursday night and 3 other tables were occupied. Service was attentive - with so few people there. Just quite a strange place. Sorry but words are failing me.Special Features:
- QuietJulesDined on 25/2/2014My friend and I ate at lunchtime but we were the only people in the restaurant! We did a top table deal, however the choice was not great. The food we did have was very good, however being the only people in the restaurant meant it lacked a bit of ambience!Special Features:
- cassis south kenmanthDined on 21/2/2014Great happy hour with equally great cocktails....girls night out As the booths are ideal.. service very attentive and has become an after work favourite. .Special Features:
- LunchfoodvossDined on 13/2/2014We very much enjoyed our set lunch the food and wine very good value and service effortless. Thank You!Special Features:
- would love to be a regular dinerSophWDined on 7/2/2014We loved Cassis. Great food, wonderful, attentive but not cloying. I wish I lived locally as would be a regular there. If you're going to the museum's, make a point of wandering over to Brompton Rd after for food.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialMT123Dined on 7/2/2014Although the food was OK and the service was very attentive, the ambience was just not there. I would expect more for a Friday night. The best thing about the restaurant are the cocktails, these I would recommend to all!Special Features:
- Good food and serviceJoeNW6Dined on 1/2/2014Food was tasty and well presented. Service friendly and attentive. Was quiet for a Friday night, atmosphere warm and inviting. Nice place for dinner with friends or partner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, ambient bistroesjsDined on 31/1/2014Dined here on Friday night on the toptable set menu. The bistro is very nicely designed and is a wonderful, light space. Service was excellent, striking the balance being being welcoming and efficient but not too intrusive. The food was mostly wonderful and all was perfectly cooked. The scallop carpaccio starter was a real delight as was my husband's beef carpaccio. The mains were great, although I could have done with some green and less potatoes on my chicken dish. Desserts were lovely and light though some more coulis / custard would have gone down a treat. We had complimentary potato croquettes and petit fours which was fabulous, really appreciated. Excellent value. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening and highly recommend Cassis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very tasty. AlsoladyDined on 27/1/2014Food was very tasty. Also the vine list was great. We will go there again for sure. It is very good Italian restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smart with great cocktailsscottyDined on 25/1/2014The photos don't do Cassis justice. We thought it might be borderline a brunchy cafe as the pictures are quite light and daytime, but it actually a nicely moody swanky bar and restaurant. Banquette booths for 4 by the bar are good for a small group. Half price drinks, pretty much everything, till 8 is a find in this area of town and cocktails are well made and swift to arrive. Food was good if not amazing, the octopus with beans was pretty bland but fish well cooked. Apparently has been open 2 years but felt new as all in good nick.Special Features:
- Great value top table offer!JWECDined on 17/1/2014We only booked the offer at the last minute and what a good meal email had. The set menu was taken from the a la carte -Sent so there was no sense of being on a poor menu. Instead just a really nice meal. Highly recommended! My veal carpaccio had a serious amount of truffle, my pork fillet for main was just lovely!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value on Toptable dealTheSocialCookDined on 10/1/2014Went with friends for the Toptable set menu deal. It was worth it for the deal but not if you hadn't. My fish was salty but the others were happy with their dishes. Service was good, but it did feel like they were rushing us even though the restaurant was only 20% full.Special Features:
- Good valueMG84Dined on 4/1/2014Great service, nice atmosphere the food was decent. So given the restaurant's current meal deal, it was very good value.Special Features:
- Lovely NYEISHOULDSTOPEATINGDined on 31/12/2013My family and I had a lovely NYE meal here - would recommend for special occasions. Super friendly staff, excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent valueChestnutDined on 27/12/2013Had the 2 course lunch menu. Outstanding value and service. Food superb and frequent refills of fresh bread. Just off the beaten track but withing walking distance of Harrods and the Museums. Definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cassis BistroVIBEDined on 19/12/2013This is my second visit in the last week - once I discovered how good it was, decided to take another friend there for lunch. With the top table deal - really good value and good choices. Service in particular was outstanding this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for lunch near the museufoodiesDined on 16/12/2013We wanted a place to take an American before visiting the V&A. We chose the special lunch, which turned out to be good value - and good food. We all took the cauliflower soup - a little bit tangy with some slivers of raw cauliflower. Then we had the chicken - not a dry lump but a moist roulade. Only disappointment was that the place was not as full as it deserved to be, but then it was a winter Monday.
- very goodHellobVIPDined on 13/12/2013very nice! portion is large, food quality is good!!!!Special Features:
- An enjoyable mealtea4thegirlsDined on 12/12/2013We booked a meal-deal through this website and had a lovely meal. The food was tasty, the service good, it was a little bright for my liking but the interior is stylishly decorated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceCarrieDDined on 12/12/2013We went for lunch on a weekday and were warmly greeted and had attentive service throughout our meal. The set price menu is good value. The food was basic bistro fare, good but not exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cassis BistroVIBEDined on 11/12/2013A great place to go for any meal - service is friendly and good. The setting is welcoming and somehow also sophisticated. The food is quality and exceedingly good value with their special offer. Have already booked again for next week!!Special Features:
- Good if slightly expensive Italianmpar416Dined on 2/12/2013I visited this restaurant as one that often comes up as one of the best Italian places in London. The food didn't disappoint - excellent. I have to say it felt a little expensive but that may reflect the realities of South Kensington.Special Features:
- Great place for a peaceful dinnercclnDined on 1/12/2013My boyfriend and I took my parents out for dinner at this place and it was very pleasant, the food was great, it seems to specialize in seafood. The ambiance was perfect, not too noisy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Brunch" with champagnebagpussDined on 30/11/2013We went to Cassis after a day of Xmas shopping and were really impressed. Ok the place was fairly quite just before 6pm but we had booked on the brunch with champagne deal and were ready for dinner after a busy day. I am usually a bit sceptical if a restaurant offers you "free pouring" of anything and worry it might be inferior quality or hard to get refilled, but was proved wrong on both counts. The champagne was delicious and the waiter very attentive to refill our glasses regularly. The food was also very good, being able to choose any three dishes from a quite large menu, there was plenty to please everyone. The bread was also divine! Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian foodLolipopVIPDined on 29/11/2013Tasty Italian food in a convenient location. We had lunch at 1.45 and service was fast and ambiance was cosy and quiet. The name Bistro is not really appropriate since it is more a pleasant restaurant than a food cafe. Nice Sicilian touch for the desserts. Not disappointed since it offers other Italian dishes than the ones usually found everywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superior Italian foodGRPOxfordDined on 24/11/2013The menu was very heavily geared to tartare starters but a veal carpaccio with truffles proved superb as did a butternut squash soup with amaretti. The main dishes were also good:the crispy roast chicken was good value. The menu overall seemed slightly overpriced but the atmosphere was relaxed and service efficient and friendly.Special Features:
- Overall very good experienceJabanchoDined on 22/11/2013A very enjoyable location, very good service and good food.Special Features:
- Fresh!HfoodDined on 22/11/2013Lovely salmon starter and the lemon sole was light, fresh and good value for money for a set menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing late dinnersmithyDined on 21/11/2013food was good but no ambience and the prices are well over the top, particularly for wineSpecial Features:
- Saturday 16th NovemberfoodieDined on 16/11/2013The set menu dinner was very good value and first rate cooking. The service was attentive and friendly I would happily recommend JP.I would recommend this to a friend.