2 Caxton Street
London, SW1H 0QWNeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caxtongrill.co.uk/
- Phone: 08006521498
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European
- Executive Chef: Hus Vedat
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Gluten-free Menu, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room for up to 10 people. Tasting menu from £100 inclusive of wine
- Private Party Contact: Gemma Wren 02072277773
A word from Caxton Grill
A warm and relaxed neighborhood restaurant serving delicious and honest food, founded on seasonal and local ingredients. Attentive and friendly service creates an engaging and informal dining experience. Head chef Hus Vedat uses locally sourced, seasonal and sustainable ingredients to create fabulous modern European dishes. Our signature dishes are prepared using a Josper grill, an indoor charcoal oven which gives the meat and fish that we serve a smoky, charcoal characteristic.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Caxton Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Our Wedding AnniversaryShaz64Dined on 25/7/2012I have been trying to have lunch with my husband for ages and it has not been possible due to work, so suprising him for lunch was a real treat for us both. Thanks SharonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the second time IcliffordmarkerDined on 24/7/2012This is the second time I have been here and had another great evening. The pleasant surprise was the menu had changed from a the last visit which was only a few weeks ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took my wife here for a midcliffordmarkerDined on 11/7/2012Took my wife here for a mid week birthday dinner. Very good food, excellent service and very pleasant relaxed atmosphere. Followed the meal by a pleasant drink in the bar. Would recommend for business meals and quiet evenings. Will be visiting again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the decor and ambiencevk831856Dined on 7/7/2012I had an early dinner at Caxton Grill. The decor is lovely, modern but warm and inviting. Lots of nice details. The early dinner special is good value, but the choice is essentially fish and chips, a hamburger (a fancy one, but still a hamburger), and a vegetarian option. The main dinner menu looked really nice though.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!!!NikkiDined on 20/6/2012Yet another lovely meal at the Caxton Grill... The service is wonderful, low key and accommodating... even when I'd moved the dining time at the last minute and one of our party was late. They suggested we have a drink on the terrace which was lovely given the unexpected sunshine and the bar staff even created a bespoke cocktail for one of my companions! Food was of a very high standard as always and the service was wonderfully unobtrusive. This is the second time I've visited and will continue to recommend it to others.... I'll be back again soon!!Special Features:
- Don't expect to have a cheapFoodsnobDined on 31/5/2012Don't expect to have a cheap evening out if you eat here, but the food and service is good. You will not feel rushed as the table is your for the evening. To summarize - a pleasant evening out and so very convenient if you are staying at St Ermine's hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steak and lamb rump.eatswellDined on 24/5/2012Excellent steak and lamb rump. Lovely airy room even on a hot day. Very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visit to Caxton Grill!Tony26Dined on 22/5/2012This was my first visit to The Caxton Grill, following a recommendation from a colleague. The venue was for a business lunch after a meeting and was ideally placed near to my client's offices. Have to say we are were extremely impressed, none of our party had dined at Caxton Grill before, from the moment we entered the restaurant, to when we left. Service was outstanding, food superb, ambiance terrific and good value for money. Defiantly worth another visit!Special Features:
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 21/5/2012Visited for lunch during work, the service was great, and the food arrived promptly. Which is always good when you do have to get back to work. The setting is very relaxing, good at helping you forget you have to go back to work!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and fantastic staffLexiUKDined on 12/5/2012I took my parents here before Billy Elliott and was very impressed with the service and the food. We were running late and the staff ensured that our food was delivered to our table quickly whilst not compromising on quality. The setting is really nice with a plush interior. Keep up the good work :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pre concert menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2012Excellent pre concert menu and good value. Delightful serv Wine - good but how can you justify charging £13.00 for a large glass of Sauvignon when you can buy the bottle for £9.. I know hotels are pricey but come on....Special Features:
- Excellent find. Nice locationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 27/4/2012Excellent find. Nice location tucked away from all the noise, hustle and bustle of Central London. Food was wonderful with great presentation. We will definitely be back with others.Special Features:
- I booked a business dinnerNewburymanDined on 25/4/2012I booked a business dinner for 4 and have never been to this restaurant before so it was a bit of a gamble. We were all very pleased indeed with the result. From the moment we arrived the staff were welcoming, polite and efficient. The food was very good and the setting ideal for such a dinner where you don't want the high noise levels that you so often find in rerstaurants these days. Definitely worth going back to.
- Rare Mis-steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 18/4/2012Overall the food was good with an interesting menu and the wine was excellent. However it was disappointing that the rare steak was served medium at best - there was the fainted hint of pink through the middle. Despite having a table booked for 8.15, after a drink in the bar we had to wait until 9pm to sit.
- I have used this for businessOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 16/4/2012I have used this for business meetings and social gatherings on several occasions, and it is consistently good. Several clients have since been back having been introduced to the Caxton Grill by me. A very welcome addition to the area.
- Met my folks for dinner beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2012Met my folks for dinner before theatre and was really pleased with this find. The only thing that was disappointing was that the set menu wasn't available so we had to order from the al a carte which was slightly more expensive. We only wanted a quick bite to eat so the set menu would have been perfect. The service and the food were great though and we would definitely go back there, maybe for a more formal dinner.Special Features:
- Met my folks for dinner beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2012Met my folks for dinner before theatre and was really pleased with this find. The only thing that was disappointing was that the set menu wasn't available so we had to order from the al a carte which was slightly more expensive. We only wanted a quick bite to eat so the set menu would have been perfect. The service and the food were great though and we would definitely go back there, maybe for a more formal dinner.
- Business Lunch. UnfortunetlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2012Business Lunch. Unfortunetly we were let down on this occassion. Service was poor. They forgot the orders and failed pay attention to us. Don't think we will return.
- Great venue - there are soOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 22/3/2012Great venue - there are so few traditional restaurants in St James (unless you like a very good Indian Restaurant!)Special Features:
- We had a working breakfastMletkayDined on 16/3/2012We had a working breakfast at Caxton Grill and was impressed with the ambience though there was a bit of mix up with the a la a carte v buffet description. However, this was rectified prior to our departure
- Great staff, very attentive.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/3/2012Great staff, very attentive. We went there for a birthday dinner with my wife and although quiet for a Monday night (which was expected), the dinner was wonderful. The cocktails are very good too!Special Features:
- Execellent! We strongly reccomendedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2012Execellent! We strongly reccomended it! Out from...madding crowd!Special Features:
- top eating out place in LondonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2012I can only be full of praise. Great place, super staff and amasing food. Took my wife there after an extended business trip and she was over the moon as well. it is a 10 out of 10 food, location and staff wise. Go and book - you will not regret it. I recommend the Caxton Grill Plater!Special Features:
- Perfect lunch place.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2012Having searched the web for review of near by lunch alternatives with (recent) good ratings I came across Caxton Grill. On this basis deceided to give it a try for a business lunch the same day. It was a great success and definitively worth recommending. Ambience is very nice and relaxed with a wine bar with cosy seatings around a real fire place making it a perfect pre-lunch/dinner meeting place. Service, flexibility and food was all top class. Not cheap but worth every penny. I had the most delicious plate of lamb I can ever remember having tasted. On top of this it was nice, for once, to be in a place with a tranquil feeling allowing you to actually hold a conversation without feeling as if in a central station. Highly reccomendable.Special Features:
- Very good food, well cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 25/2/2012Very good food, well cooked and portions were not the tiny size you get in some high class restaurants. Staff were very attentive and relaxed. Not pushy or trying to whisk you through. Really enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 14/2/2012Went for Valentine's day, which offered a set menu but they also offered the full menu. Steak was incredible and the service was outstanding. A free rose for the missus and very kind service from the porter. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Little Gem tucked away onWij75Dined on 10/2/2012Little Gem tucked away on Caxton St. The service was a little overly attentive at times but the food was excellent. The steaks are the signature but fish and chips was very good too. Portion size was just right.
- Warm and friendly staff, calmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2012Warm and friendly staff, calm and relaxing environment. Food was delicious although we did have to send mains back as they were cold - but when eventually replaced they were delicious - it was shame they did not come out right first time. Good value - will definitely return.
- Brilliant steaks and overallEllaDined on 4/2/2012Brilliant steaks and overall a good experience! Service pretty casual yet very friendly!Special Features:
- The food was lovely and myOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2012The food was lovely and my main meal which was the special red mullet with chorizo was especially good. The presentation was faultless. One of my colleagues however did say their main was not very warm. The service was good however they did leave us sometimes for too long and there was no-one around to ask for more drinks.
- Dinner at Caxton Grill wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/2/2012Dinner at Caxton Grill was good - nice setting, truly exceptional service (very friendly staff) and good food.Special Features:
- Great for business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 31/1/2012Caxton Grill is a great restaurant for business lunch. I booked this for my Director who told me that the service was quick, attentive whilst being unobtrusive. The restaurant was quiet which was great for doing business and we feel it is currently a hidden gem (probably not for much longer). Food is of top quality and I am returning next week for afternoon tea.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 29/1/2012Very nice restaurant, very good food and excellent service - staff friendly and helpfull
- The service and food at theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 26/1/2012The service and food at the Caxton Grill in St James's Park was excellent. We went as a group of three at lunch time. The food was served promptly and everyone was happy with their choices. I would recommened for business lunches or a lunchtime treat. Prices are as you would expect in a place like this.
- Table for 5 at lunchtime -pju1Dined on 24/1/2012Table for 5 at lunchtime - service and food very good. A bit quiet (but it was a Tuesday !) Would recommend.Special Features:
- I have said previously thatparadisehelenDined on 13/1/2012I have said previously that the reception experience is muddled. There is never anyone in the reception area and it is pot luck if anyone finds you on the way into the dining area. I hate the side dishes being called 'accents'! How pretentious. I was not amused to be charged £4.00 for a pot of passable tea which was only enough for one cup. Other than that pretty good.Special Features:
- Il prezzo pagato a personaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 25/12/2011Il prezzo pagato a persona (73 sterline senza vino) è stato assolutamente spropositato rispetto alla qualità ed alla quantità di quanto mangiato nonchè rispetto alla ridottissima possibilità di scelta del menù.Special Features:
- Excellent Xmas Day lunch,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 25/12/2011Excellent Xmas Day lunch, with all the trimmings. Modern and comfortable decor. Will need to return to test the normal 'a la carte' menu.Special Features:
- best in localeBobandAmyDined on 22/12/2011This is an excellent addition to the local dining scene - and by far the best resturant in the area - with the possible exception of the Goring - which is far grander. Staff very helpful, food fairly straight forward and well presented, wine selction reasonable, princing fair. the decor is very modern, looks OK now but will date quickly. All in all a very good restaurant - recommended
- Went for a Christmas lunchJacsdaughterDined on 20/12/2011Went for a Christmas lunch with three colleagues. Was very nice. We had the fast menu - two courses for £25. Food lovely, service good, would recommend.