7 Ascot House
Belfast, BT2 7DBNeighbourhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cayenne-restaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02890331532
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday to Sunday: 12:00PM - 02:30PM,
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 05:00PM - Late.
CLOSED Monday & Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Paul Rankin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: THE CAYENNE ROOM
This exclusive room is available for Lunch & Dinner. We aim to offer our guests the 'Cayenne Experience’, however at a more exclusive level.
Guests have their own private dining room above the restaurant, their own restrooms, choice of music and their own waiters. For all enquiries and bookings please contact our Private Dining Co-ordinator.
- Private Party Contact: Belinda Trimble 02890331532
A word from Cayenne
All of my team at Cayenne are dedicated to delivering the very best experience for our customers, Hope to see you soon Paul xxContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cayenne reviews from OpenTable diners
- Very PoorlisburndinerDined on 24/3/2013But then again, it shut its doors forever on Sunday 24TH a few hours after we left.. No wonder the staff didn't seem interested and food was below average.
- Dinner 23rd March 2013BowerDined on 23/3/2013I had a gorgeous dinner on 23rd March 2013. Lovely restaurant, great food and lovely ambience. I was very sorry to hear that it has now closed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day lunchwanaBfoodeDined on 10/3/2013We had a set menu 3 courses for £25. It was good value and the food was really tasty and good choice for set menu. It didn't blow me away but I wouldn't expect that for the price. Decent wine menu and good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Indian FoodWoodpeckerbarryDined on 9/3/2013Had an excellent meal her on Sunday last. The food was especially very good. A little more thought to the choice of background music could enhance the atmosphere. Very much enjoyed the experience. Will definately visit again when in Belfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second excellent evening at CayenneGaileyDined on 6/3/2013Another extremely enjoyable evening at Cayenne we found it by chance on our first visit two years ago and chose to come back this time and were not disappointed!! Food and service well in excess of what could be expected, value for money superb, when back in Belfast6 will come back. Set menu was great with the lamb superbly cooked and the best pudding I've ever had (chocolate tort). Shame Mr Rankin not there.Special Features:
- Superb MealSalfordAkieDined on 1/3/2013Excellent meal in a nice relaxed atmosphere, all the food was meticulously prepared and delicious to eat.Special Features:
- Top Classab123Dined on 23/2/2013rom walking through the door of Cayenne right until the moment of leaving, everything was perfect. The staff were extremely firendly and the food was amazing. We had just got engaged and even received a complimentary glass of champagne each. Couldn't of asked for anything more. We will definitely be making a return as soon as possible. Thank you, Adrian and CarolineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Backinbelfast offersuftumDined on 23/2/2013Excellent value and still the same high quality food that you expect at Cayenne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good if you like to waitStevoDined on 14/2/2013Booked a table at half 7 on valentines day. Showed up and had to wait 5 minutes to be seated. Then waited ten minutes for our glass of prosecco. By the time we had ordered and ate our starter it was half 8. R received our main course about 20 mintues later and the food was lovelybut they took about half an hour to bring our dessert which was mediocre. They had put an extra side order on the bill to add to the already £60 pound meal. The waiting was ridiculous and really dampened an exceptional waiting staff who were extremely friendly but who spent a bit to much time talking to a table to be friendly rather than serving efficiently. Could have been forgiven due to it being valentines days but was only half full. Wasnt out until 10pm.Special Features:
- The staff are very friendlysmckDined on 4/1/2013The staff are very friendly and very attentive. The food is good although I did have higher expectations being owned by Mr Rankin. There's nothing outstanding about the food, although nicely cooked and on the whole well flavoured. The meal was good value for money. It just wasn't anything I couldn't cook at home, which is what I look for when dining out. The only disappointment being the buttermilk pannacotta with raspberry compote. The compote very sour and the pannacotta not sweet enough to balance the dish. When brought to the attention of the staff they were understanding and greatful of the feedback. Maybe some people enjoy a dessert with this level of torteness but for me and my partner it just it left a sour taste in our mouth.Special Features:
- early lunchRoscoBDined on 4/1/2013Ok,so blown away by the standard of the food and accomodating, knowledgeable staff. Safe to say that we will be back. Can't believe it has taken us this long to try what is clearly Belfast's best. Can't recommend highly enough. The Thai smoked hadddock chowder was simply devine with every element distinguishable. My wife had the prawn risotto fish cakes which she claims were also sublime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, glorious food!like2eatDined on 2/1/2013Booked this as a surprise for my Husband's 50th. Food was simply delicious, could have picked any number of things from the menu! Reasonably priced, well presented and tasted devine. Service was excellent, very attentive without being over the top. Dessert was served on a plate which was decorated with Happy 50th Birthday in chocolate which was a complete surprise and an extremely thoughtful gesture which was greatly received! Would most certainly recommend and we WILL be back. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualWilyIrishGuyDined on 31/12/20125 of us were there for New Years Eve - fab food, service and ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing But Praise!lisburndinerDined on 30/12/2012Excellent late Sunday afternoon lunch. Food perfect, Excellent Maitre De. No complaints at all.. consistently the best in Belfast and continues to be innovative in their menu
- DissapointmentlikegoodfoodDined on 23/12/2012I have been to cayenne twice before and was thoroughly impressed on both occasions (once was belfast restaurant week) by the quality of service and food. On this occasion i was very dissapointed indeed. Firstly, we were asked what we wanted to drink before we had even seen a drinks menu or takin our jackets of. Order was taken and shortly after our starters arrived. I had chosen the crispy duck. On this occasion it arrived in a bowl, (last time on a plate) it was very average and the duck was not one bit crispy as described. I ordered chargrilled fillet of beef for main. Arriving quickly, i noticed a rather unproportional amount of meat on the plate and 3 tiny potatoes. 1 slice out of 3 was chargrilled. dissapointing flavours.Special Features:
- DisapointingfoodieDined on 19/12/2012We have been to Cayenne (and Roscoff before that) many times and it has been the scene for many important events in our life - and it was such an occasion on Wednesday. Previously we have always had excellent food and service however on this occasion it was somewhat lacking. I ordered fillet of beef and asked for it cooked medium it was completely overcooked and ruined to the point of being inedible. The service was very intrusive with the waitress topping up wine glasses immediately after we had taken a drink - she was invasive and irritating. So all in all very disappointing for a restaurant that is usually so much better.
- Rugby trip to BelfastSiobhanDined on 14/12/2012Always wanted to visit this restaurant. Was not disappointed, food fantastic, wine not overpriced and staff could not do enough for us. A lovely experienceSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and service,MrsOCDined on 14/12/2012Excellent food and service, we were really impressed. Unable to find fault with anything from we arrived until we left. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Post graduation dinnerjenkyDined on 12/12/2012Excellent food and service as usual. If only every restaurant was as good as Cayenne. I would rather eat out less often and only eat in Cayenne than eat out every weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIrthday Dinner 2012RMCVDined on 9/12/2012My husband and I have been going to Cayenne since we first met. Its our favourite restaurant in Belfast. We usually go to celebrate special occasions such as Birthdays or Anniversaries. It was my birthday at the weekend so we booked a table. We booked our table online which was really convenient. Our table was booked for 4.30pm on Sunday 09 December and while the service provided by the staff was as usual excellent we were disappointed in the menu. We were given a choice of 2 "lunch Menus" but felt the actual choice of starter or main was quite limited. While we will certainly be going back to Cayenne in the future we will wait until later in the evening to avail of the A la arte menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantsmbf82Dined on 8/12/2012best service i know of in belfast, staff couldn't be more helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Akin to a private dining experienceGoodfoodonlypleaseDined on 1/12/2012Very surprised on a Saturday lunchtime to find ours the only occupied table - people too busy Christmas shopping I expect, but their loss! Although the staff were clearly trying to get on sorting out Christmas trees and decorations we were warmly welcomed, and made to feel very special and valued. Breads were incredible, as was the pheasant, duck salad and pork pie. Hendricks served correctly without prompting and a reasonable bill. Would strongly recommend and can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for VeggiediskincDined on 25/11/2012It was nice to see them have something different on the veggie menu, the salt &c chilli tofu was gorgeous (the dish of the night),Special Features:
- Nice mealLouCDined on 21/11/2012Excellent service with very attentive and polite waiting and serving staff. The starter of confit of duck salad was really delicious accompanied with lovely breads. The main course of blakened cod was felt to be lacking in flavour, though the pork belly was very flavoursome if a little to rich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceNickDined on 21/11/2012We had a very enjoyable visit. Food, service and wine were all excellent. Would highly recommend to anyone who enjoys fine dinning.Special Features:
- weekend breakmonyltDined on 17/11/2012Had a superb meal and the staff were excellent, there when you needed anything but not hovering over you. just how it should be. nxt time in belfast we will certainly return. the salt and chilli calamari was fantastic amd my duck was the best i have tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early BIrd for ThreeOliviaDined on 11/11/2012We had the early bird meal which offered such a good choice that we did not necessarily feel the need to eat a la carte. I had lamb for my main, a colleague had a delicious risotto, and another had fish. Everything was tasty. Wine was from about £20 upwards. We didn't take the cheapest. The chairs are rather spindly and the environment a little minimalist. Some tables had cloths and some not. But all in all, it was a good deal and a good evening. Afterwards, it was easy to walk into town and enjoy some of Belfast's vibrant pub life, including McHugh's which is the oldest building in Belfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe made a bad choice ?JimmyteeDined on 10/11/2012Fistly I thought it looked tired - some of the display lights outside not working, inside some "flaking" wall covering in reception. My main course steak was poor and 1/3 was indedible gristle and membrane. My sweet was run of the mill Sticky Toffee Pud. My wifes starter and main were great but her panacotta served in a Sundae Glass with a full size desert spoon (unable to get to the bottom!) did not impress. All in all not a great dining experience, but I think I chose badly from the menu. We had eaten at James St South the night before, so it was always going to be a tough call to beat that. I think I will try again, next time I am over in Belfast as they deserve a second chance.Special Features:
- Birthday treateatdrinkhappyDined on 9/11/2012My wife & I went here one Friday evening for my birthday treat, staff were very welcoming from the moment we walked in. Starters were the Thai spiced shellfish broth (delicious), and the crispy duck salad (nice, but not as nice as the broth). Mains were roast pheasant (first time to try it, was very tasty, with lovely creamy mash & bourguignan sauce) and the scallop & lobster risotto (rich and bags of flavour). Everything cooked well & seasoned perfectly, all washed down with a bottle of crisp chilled Prosecco. Not the best value in Belfast but worth going for a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great birthday lunchveggiedinerDined on 4/11/2012Went on a Sunday for a family birthday celebration. Sunday 3course lunch menu fantastic value & great selection. Food as always excellent, plenty of choice to suit 3 generations with differing tastes, plus a veggie... (ask for the separate veggie menu, one of the best in Belfast) Service friendly & professional. Cayenne always has a lovely warm relaxed atmosphere for a "posh" restaurant. Have been here for occasion dining, pre theatre, quick lunch, & it always delivers. Highly recommend!!! Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DelightasgardDined on 31/10/2012Had a fantastic night out for our 25th Weddning Anniversary a big part of which was an evening meal at Cayenne. The food was as good as it gets (including the crumble, which my wife makes beautifully), the service personable whilst not being overbearing, there was a wonderful relaxed atmosphere and kind attention was paid to the fact of our special occasion. Definitely will be back and won't wait too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CayenneDinerDined on 31/10/2012Always great food and good value. Servers always very pleasant and helpful and you feel they really enjoy working there. We go for the earlybird or the Sunday lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLollyAJDined on 18/10/2012The decor is very cheap looking & whilst the service started off well it worsened as the meal went on. We had to shout to get attention & felt neglected. The restaurant only had one payment card machine. The food was quite good but not outstanding. I ordered lobster which was overpowered by quite a large amount of fresh dill.
- Sunday lunchMarkDined on 14/10/2012Went in a group of 6 for late Sunday lunch. Very quiet but food and service were excellent. Would thoroughly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highlight of the trip!Kate1801Dined on 13/10/2012We, a party of four, visited Belfast for a child free weekend and decided to book Cayenne as a special treat for the Saturday after reading some excellent reviews and having an interest in the celebrity chef culture. Unbeknown to us it was Resturant Week in Belfast which meant a specially "selected" menu was on offer and that Mr Rankin himself was on hand to mingle with the diners. Even without these added extra's the restaurant, the service, the food and the overall experience exceeded every expectation although they did add a certain buzz to proceedings! We will be looking forward to another trip to a fantastic city which will of course include a visit to this exceptional eatery as there are plenty of dishes begging to be sampled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best in the province ?AS1690Dined on 13/10/2012Paul Rankin has always done well, but after my excellent visit on Saturday night, I wonder if this place is now the best in the province ? There is tough competition in the local market (Deanes, Shu, Tedfords for instance), but the food and service here is second to none and if anything has improved in recent years. Rankin had to get rid of other outlets but kept hold of the prized Cayenne. This eatery was one of the first on the Belfast fine dining scene and now it is probably the best in the province!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebratory dinner with fiancermcd2312Dined on 5/10/2012Was at Cayenne with my fiance on Friday night to celebrate getting our new house. We both had a fantastic meal with great service, food and ambience. We definately would come back to Cayenne in the future and would recommend to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicemattDined on 3/10/2012Three of us dined here, excellent service, great meals. Worthy of the Michelin grading without the price tag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saturday night bantermartyDined on 15/9/2012recently dined at cayenne on a saturday night. felt the service was great - welcoming from staff, right from walking in door (taking coat for you, etc) to the end of the meal. the food itself was tasty and flavoursome, from the lobster bisque and squid for starters (the girlfriend loved the squid) to the pork and salmon for main course. the restaurant itself is slick, but perhaps more ambient music might improve matters. this is a minor thing though, and did nothing to detract from our dining. we, and others who we recommend cayenne to, will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticLisa2012Dined on 1/9/2012Had an amazing time at Cayenne, staff were very friendly without being intrusive, food was to die for and cheap! Cannot recommend highly enough - 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.