222 - 224 Ground Floor, Fulham Road
London, SW10 9NBNeighbourhood:
ThaiPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chaplu.co.uk/
- Phone: 02073520035
- Hours of Operation:
Open daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Thai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Cha Plu
Impossible to miss, the Cha Plu restaurant is located on the busy and bustling Fulham Road immediately opposite the entrance to the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital. Glossily modern while offering touches of South East Asian traditionalism, the Cha Plu dining room couldn’t be more suited to its archetypical guest – the well travelled, well heeled Fulham-ite. The atmosphere is upbeat and vibrant, a hum of conversation joined by subtle background music, the friendly and efficient staff striding from table to table delivering steaming platters of gloriously fragrant food. Cha Plu’s menu offers those many Thai dishes that have found such popularity among the British public – mildly spiced curries, robust noodle dishes, fresh fish and seafood, all bearing the signature Thai aromas of lemongrass, galangal, chilli and basil. Rather uniquely customers may be entered in to a draw to win flights to BanContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cha Plu reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent food!MokalDined on 23/4/2013I went to cha plu to celebrate my birthday with a party of 5 & have to say the service/food I received was outstanding..the restaurant is small but very friendly!on the downside The portions are average sized..but otherwise 'yes' i will visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experiencemarperDined on 6/4/2013I enjoyed havig dinner with friends at Cha Plu. Tey were friendly, helpful and accommodated any dietary requirement. We'll repeat again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, very quietNNEEDined on 18/3/2013Very good traditional thai food but expect a quiet ambience and not overly enthusiastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai cook foodyumyumDined on 17/3/2013Overalll experience we had to wait a while for main but they apologised and gave free crackers Good deal with special offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice food, but with theabettinaDined on 16/3/2013Very nice food, but with the offer they give you less food!!!
- The food was fine it was aJonLukeDined on 13/3/2013The food was fine it was a shame that the waitress was so miserable. A Wednesday lunchtime and only 1 other person eating. If you were in a hurry and wanted a quick Thai meal then it would sufficeSpecial Features:
- Will go backThomsonDined on 12/3/2013This was an excellent deal for the 50% option. My husband and I went for an early supper and the value was great for the food recieved. Our waiter was very curtious and friendly as well.Special Features:
- A very pleasant experiencethatwasniceDined on 11/3/2013Dined with a friend at Cha Plu on a Monday evening. It was not busy so a very relaxing atmosphere. The staff were attentive yet not hovering about, and ensured we were fully aware of all the special offers and associated exclusions. The food came timely and was not only well presented but also utterly delicious. They changed the meat for my main course without any problems and both main courses were excellent. Wine glasses were topped up and the table cleared in very unobtrusive manner. The deserts were equally nice. All in all a very pleasant dining experience at a reasonable price. One hint: the lavatories are down a very steep staircase so people with mobility issues may struggle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cha Plu is extremely quietRANJDined on 10/3/2013Cha Plu is extremely quiet on a Sunday evening - and was the case even on Mothering Sunday. However the food was excellent. It was tasty and well presented. The Top Table 50% off the menu offer made it well worth the visit. If we are in the area again, we shall definitely visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my first Thai meal in LondonBengerDined on 3/3/2013First time eating Thai in London - very pleasantly surprised. The food was fresh and tasty. Service was relaxed and quick - we were one of 3 couples in the restaurant so that may have made a difference. Prices were a little high for what it was, but the 30% toptable discount offer made it less painful. £60 for two people, having startes, mains and coffee/tea afterwards. The place wa clean and pleasant although the tables by the entrace door are subject to a windy draft. The toilets are situated in the basement Down a narrow steep set of stairs - a litte bit smelly and small - old people would probably struggle with the stairs I think...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Cha PluEmmaDined on 2/3/2013We went for dinner with a friend at Cha Plu using the 30% off offer which made it very good value. The service was good and courteous. The food was delicious. Overall it was very nice and I would have marked the ambience better but there seemed to be a faulty light in the section we were in and it kept getting brighter and dimmer which was a little irritating.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had better Thai before !!!!SassysunDined on 18/2/2013The food we ate was good portions but tasted so bland . We ordered green curry and river prawns (out of stock, told only after we ordered ) which was substituted for king prawns. Nothing to die for or not even close. Wouldn't go there again and with full prices to pay for "never"
- Lovely eveningZoe1VIPDined on 16/2/2013What a lovely meal, with the TT offer it was great value. This is a small quiet local restaurant, food was lovely and the atmosphere very relaxedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went here as a group bookingStefDined on 15/2/2013Went here as a group booking for a farewell leaving dinner. The 3 courses and a glass of wine for £19.95 made it a great choice for an affordable night out for everyone. The ambience is really nice and the service was good. We didn't feel rushed and were able to enjoy our evening. The food was of a good quality too.Special Features:
- We booked into Cha Plu forCoupsDined on 15/2/2013We booked into Cha Plu for their 30% off deal without realising that one would have to order a starter and a main course to take advantage. We just had mains and they were very tasty served in generous portions. We didn't have to wait too long either. The staff were polite and accommodating. The wine is reasonably priced and the whole meal was good value. The decor and music felt a little jaded and could do with a bit of a revamp to match the more modern restaurants on the Fulham Road. I would go back if I was in the area though.Special Features:
- Food was excellent, originallykarishmaDined on 14/2/2013Food was excellent, originally booked the set menu but changed our minds once we got there, I had the tempura prawns and the beef red curry, both were tasty. Would definately go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Genuine, yummy ThaiSW3DinerDined on 14/2/2013My partner & I went here for a casual dinner. The service was excellent & the 3 courses & glass of wine for £20 each was fantastic value. The wine was lovely! We had Tom Yum soup which was delicious! Great service & a relaxed local atmosphere. I'd definitely recommend Cha Plu for an easy, relaxed and yummy night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was absolutely deliciousYummyMummyVIPDined on 14/2/2013The food was absolutely delicious and the set menu was great value for money. The staff were friendly, attentive and always on hand. Cha Plu had a lovely atmosphere and was perfect for the occasion. Very good first impression and will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with a friendpixieDined on 14/2/2013I have been to Cha Plu a few times now. Regardless of the date you can always rely on them for having a top table deal, in a convient location, lovely food and nice surroundings. I have been there before with my boyfriend and find it is a lovely place for a couples romantic meal. I have also been there with friends too and it has fit the bill. Would recommend it and I am sure that I will be booking quite soon again.Special Features:
- Good food poor serviceSandyDined on 14/2/2013Service in this restaurant is quite bad - we were left waiting on our table for 15 mins until a waiter eventually bothered asking us what we would like to drink. The lack of service during the meal was appauling - cutlery was not given and water was a chore to ask for. The food is good, but there are better Thai restaurants out there.Special Features:
- Great evening meal at ChaTomsKitchenFanDined on 14/2/2013Great evening meal at Cha Plu - first time we'd been there, offer of 3 courses and a glass of wine for £20 is good value. There was a small wedding reception on at the same time which was a bit of a distraction but didn't spoil our evening - service was still very good. Would recommend for a mid-week meal out.
- NicefdlvDined on 8/2/2013Went to Cha Plu for a catch up dinner with a friend. Despite it being Friday night the venue was pretty empty at 8pm - though a big family came in later to fill up some space. The venue looks clean and modern, with a booth area for couples / group bookings. The food was good value with the discount, and some good flavours and spices. The waitress was friendly and attentive - we asked about a particular spice and she asked around the chefs for an explanation, which was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back againDaveRDined on 8/2/2013Excellent food at a reasonable price through top table. Duck curry is really good, not fatty and not too hot. Have been before and keep heading back, surely this is a good sign.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreKokanDined on 4/2/2013Not a great value for money. Service very poor. Most annoying example is that they happily gave us their flagship red, but didn't mention that it was the last bottle, forcing us to change to an inferior wine half way through dinner.
- Exceptional serviceSkylerDined on 31/1/2013Everything was excellent, but what I enjoyed the most was the wonderful service we received from start to finish. Food was great, ambiance was perfect. Highly highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average thaigss1Dined on 31/1/2013OK food, excellent value with toptable offer but not sure I'd go back and pay full price -it's a good neighbourhood restaurant but nothing else.Special Features:
- Great serviceCCCCVIPDined on 30/1/2013Charming waiter, he passionate about the restaurant and told us some interesting things. Starters were great and main courses were good. Nice and relaxed place that is good for as a regular place to eat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening at Cha PluMEV04Dined on 30/1/2013Cha Plu is about a 10min walk from Earl's Court. The staff were so friendly and professional and gave lots of advice about the food and what we might like. When the food arrived it was beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. The decor and ambience of the restaurant were lovely, a very good evening.Special Features:
- Went for a pre-movie dinnernzfoodieDined on 25/1/2013Went for a pre-movie dinner with the 30% off Top Table special, food was great and so was the service. Restaurant doesn't look much from outside but lovely once inside and great value.Special Features:
- Delicious foodA8maDined on 22/1/2013Everytime! I cant fault this place - staff are welcoming and friendly. Always have a great time when visiting.Special Features:
- Tasty foodnickname1Dined on 22/1/2013Very nice Thai restaurant with friendly service. We were a group of four girls and used the 50% off starter + main toptable offer. The food itself was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone loved itUrbanFoxDined on 18/1/2013Booked a surprise meal for my mrs, with 18 of us eating. The service was outstanding we all felt welcome and the staff were very helpful and eager to please. All the food was great and everyone's food arrived quickly and at the same time. We took advantage of the 30% off the food bill offer, which meant it was great value too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cha PlupauldDined on 18/1/2013Always good food, reasonably priced. we have eaten here many times and while its not outstanding food, its always good quality. we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fresh foodSnoopyVIPDined on 11/1/2013Lovely fresh food, with the right amount of spices. Great service and attitude. Full marks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good thaiMDIFDined on 6/1/2013Very good quality Thai although without the 50% offer it would have been pricey. Very quiet on a Sunday night, OK service, still does not replace my old favourite The Thai on Pelham Street, regrettably moved to Fulham....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable and good valueluvfunDined on 5/1/2013Very enjoyable and good value with Top Table discount. You can take your own wine .Special Features:
- Really disappointing Thaimad4foodDined on 4/1/2013Really disappointing Thai food, probably amongst the worst I have ever eaten. Was really expecting much better given reviews by others but unfortunately the food was lacking basic freshness and flavour. Given that I love Thailand and have spent a few months there my review is not from the uninitiated. Restaurant is otherwise ok, nothing special - would not go again or recommend it unless food quality improves...
- Not bad at all.Foodie05Dined on 4/1/2013We enjoyed our meal at Cha Plu, food was delicious. As a fan of thai food, this would go up there as one of my recommended thai restaurants. We took a chance trying a new restaurant on our anniversary, as opposed to going to our usual favourites and we were not disappointed. The only negatives I would say, it isnt neccessarily the restaurant for special occaision or romance ambience. Also I wouldnt say it was value for money. Though the food was good, I felt the price was a little high as was the service charge which we had to pay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, food andAnnaDined on 31/12/2012Excellent service, food and value for money!We went there for New Year's and the quality was impeccable and festive!Definitely go again!
- New Years EveMrKetzDined on 31/12/2012Greeted well, service good and Food superb!! Definately recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.