Chabrot Bistrot d'Amis
9 Knightsbridge Green
London, SW1X 7QLNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
Chabrot Bistrot d'Amis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chabrot.co.uk/
- Phone: 02072252238
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday lunches 12.00 noon till 3.00pm
Monday to Friday Dinners 6.30 pm til 11.00 pm
Saturdays & Sundays all day
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Thierry Laborde
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: French background music
- Special Events: Formule du jour ( available monday to saturday , 12.00 to 3.00 pm )
One Course ( plat du jour)£12.50
Two courses ( plat du jour + coffee gourmand) £15.50
Two courses + Gls of house red/white £17.50
Wine & Champagne of the month promotion, Great wine at great VALUE
Special 2 courses / 3 courses set dinner menu , £19.50 / £21.50
( Available monday to sunday 6.30pm to 11.00pm ) minimum two pers
3 courses Sunday brunch at £19,50 ( available from 12.00 to 17.00pm ) minimum two pers
All prices are inclusive of a 20% vat, a discretionary 12,5% service charge will be added to your bill
A word from Chabrot Bistrot d'Amis
Chabrot, an intimate 65 cover restaurant across two floors is reminiscent of a classic French bistro in design, offering a menu comprising of dishes from across Southern France including simple yet excellent hot and cold hors d’oeuvres, mains and a selection of desserts. The interiors feature the signature lighting found in most traditional bistro’s, classic striped table linen and monochromatic photography depicting scenes of rural France, creating a relaxed and informal environment that highlight the elegant simplicity of traditional, good value bistro cooking. Bon appétit !Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chabrot Bistrot d'Amis reviews from OpenTable diners
- Lunch chez ChabrotWWN5VIPDined on 14/1/2013Excellent weekday lunch at Chabrot Bistrot d'Amis - soup, steak and chips for around £15, delightful service and lovely atmosphere - a welcome retreat from a soggy and cold London.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAdrianoDined on 4/1/2013Even the simplest food at this llace is incredible. I had thr foie gras terrine and the nicoise salad and they were so incredibly well done that i basically left the place om my knees. Real food, real people, no frills. I am definitely going back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but expensiveTeresaVIPDined on 27/12/2012The restaurant was just behind Harrods in a cute little alley, very french with pretty red checked table cloth. Food however was quite disappointing. Starters were tiny, £9 for a tiny bowl of calamari, smallest portion of mixed ham selections I have seen, for £12. My boyfriend ordered lamb shank for two and shared wit his friend and it was bland and dry at £45. I really wanted like this restaurant as it was so pretty and the service was good but unfortunately the price was not worth a re-visit. One thing I loved was the wine, at £23 we had the best merlot and it was so good we had to have another bottle. All in all, ok food, expensive but you would expect that in Knightsbridge.Special Features:
- 'Tis the seasoRandomDinerDined on 13/12/2012We have enjoyed every meal here although this last time wasn't the best. Due to a large group upstairs (where we were) it' was a bit too noisy for my liking and we had to speak up to hear one another. We also ordered the house wines this time, (by carafe). Bad decision. We won't do that again. Lastly, for a relatively early booking (7:15pm), I was surprised how many items were not available off the menu and specials board. At least you know it's all fresh with little/ no waste!
- Lovely EveningAliCatDined on 7/12/2012The restaurant was busy and had a good atmosphere. The staff were very helpful and the food was excellent. I would not hesitate to return and recommend it to friends,I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden restaurant worth the detouraardvarkDined on 3/12/2012Chabrot was not full on the night we visited but there was a good feeling to the place. Staff were really friendly and helpful. The main room is small but neatly laid out and there was plenty of space between the tables. Although not hugely long, the menu was interesting and varied, and the food was well executed and well flavoured. The saddle of milk-fed lamb special was obviously a very young lamb indeed, with not much taste, though very tender. Foie gras terrine was seriously excellent. In all, our evening was not cheap but worth the money -- we all had a great time and will definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely French bistroWLTongDined on 1/12/2012We had a Saturday evening dinner. The decor and atmosphere is very French bistro. The menu is southern France rather than Parisienne or Mediterranean. We had a noisy table of four next to us but that is hardly the restaurants fault. Besides a lively atmosphere is far preferable to sombre or empty. The starters were very good and main courses excellent. The desserts were good but a little ordinary - more exciting desserts and I would have given 5 stars. Service too was excellent. One particularly really good value feature is the 50cl carafes of wine. Very reminiscent of France and as we like aperitifs and liqueurs then 50cl is just right for the two of us. I would go back and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favouritesSebDVIPDined on 16/11/2012Chabrot Bistrot d'Amis, near Knightsbridge, is such a gem. The food is excellent. Special mention for the 'gateau de Marie', a dessert that brings back childhood memories. My friend, on a diet, absolutely adored his sirloin steak. The tables are abit close to each other but there is a good atmosphere, and there is one waiter who is such a cutie! It's definitely one of the French restaurants I like the most in West London.Special Features:
- nice little Franch bistrotjlondonDined on 10/11/2012nice place, with a good atmosphere and felt authentically French (my wife used it as a good opportunity to practice her French while ordering). We both had the lunchtime formule: £17.50 for 2 courses and a glass of wine. Good food and good value for that price, though the ala carte looked more pricey. A good choice for this area though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night at ChabrotPeterFulhamDined on 26/9/2012This was our first visit to Chabrot Bistro d'Amis. On Wednesday evening three of us had a Gerry good dinner. The staff were friendly and efficient. The rabbit with white beans special for the evening was excellent. Very busy with business group, probably quieter on Friday and weekend. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately this place hasfoodie19VIPDined on 25/9/2012Unfortunately this place has become quite hit and miss. It used to be consistently great. Not anymore.
- Chabrot Bistrot d'AmisReviewer1VIPDined on 18/9/2012Chabrot Bistrot d'Amis is perfect for a romantic mealSpecial Features:
- Fabulous mealRMW8VIPDined on 23/8/2012I'd heard so much about this place from friends that I was concerned that it might not live up to the hype. I shouldn't have worried as it certainly met (high) expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- /who knew?WorldwidefoodieDined on 22/8/2012This hidden treasure in an alley off Knightsbridge. Must try the herring.........super serviceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and excellent valueteachinjosDined on 18/8/2012We visited the Chabrot Bistro d'Amis (just off Knightsbridge) on Saturday last, with a booking for 18.00. We were early but that was no problem according to the charming waitress. We had chosen the restaurant because they were offering a 5 dish tapas menu with a glass of wine for £13.95. The advertisement warned that portions would be small. On the contrary when the first dish arrived it was enormous, consisting of various cold cuts. Not only were the portions larger than other restaurants doing special offers but it tasted superb. We were totally surprised at the fantastic value for money. We will certainly be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always as reliableSebDVIPDined on 15/8/2012This was my third time at Chabrot Bistrot d'Amis and I loved it as much as the previous visits. The food is simply delicious, the service is very friendly (especially so this time with an adorable waiter) and the wine list is solid. For the first time I ate downstairs: the atmosphere was more lively, as there were more people, but the space feels more claustrophobic than upstairs.Special Features:
- quiet french restaurant withDdadajuDined on 12/8/2012quiet french restaurant with excellent food. well recommended for a special informal occasionSpecial Features:
- Small venue, good foodCaroxaDined on 10/8/2012We went to this restaurant last Friday and although we only had mains food was very good. They offer a nice selection and I had the stuffed cabbage which was very tasty, my boyfriend had the baby chicken that was also very succulent. It's a small venue (at least downstairs) and if it was fuller it could be too small as table are very close together in some parts. However it was a calm night (maybe 6/8 other tables occupied) so overall it was a pleasant evening. Tried the house red wine and was very good and soft.Special Features:
- This was our first visit forMichlinDined on 14/7/2012This was our first visit for a family occasion. The five of us (grandparents, parents and 14 year old son) were each able to choose 2 courses that they could look forward to with eager anticipation. The supporting wines were good. The staff were efficient, attentive and smiling. A very enjoyable family occasion and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY satisfyingmusicspotDined on 28/6/2012One of the rare occasions when simply everything worked and everybody was satisfied: very friendly reception, outstanding kind and cheerful fast service, perfect food - and fair prices. Highly recommendable - THANX !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very special place with FrenchDdadajuDined on 23/6/2012very special place with French cuisine in a quiet and select restaurant . Excellent food and service. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Friendly placeEduW1Dined on 16/6/2012Great place to meet with friends for a relaxing dinner. Try the dishes to share and you will even feel like home.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small French bistrotMahoganyDined on 15/6/2012I was a single diner and I was disappointed to learn upon arrival that the Set Menu was for two people, and not advertised on Toptable as such,but I found many items to choose from. The escargots were routine, but the pasta special that night with morels, asparagus and cream was excellent. There's an upstairs dining room as well, I think. Very good service including a visit from co-owner/chef.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed almost everythinganyoneforlunchDined on 14/6/2012We enjoyed almost everything about Chabrot except the pulsating music. The food was delicious, if slightly overpriced, but in such a tiny, intimate space the headbanging French rock was too much. I will probably go back for lunch to check whether it works better at that time of day than for supper peace and relaxation..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tur French experienceavfcDined on 9/6/2012Too many French restaurants outside of France advertise themselves as giving an authentic French experience and the truth is that very few deliver on this proclamation... but this one does. It actually feels like you're in France. The ambiance, food, beautiful waitresses etc. I highly recommend this place and I will definitely be back. Top location too, just off Hyde Park. How wonderful!Special Features:
- Great place for a nice eveningDevavrattDined on 4/6/2012I decided on Chabrot based on certain reviews on the internet. Chabrot is a very good restaurant for spending time over a nice dinner with your lovely lady. Wine list is quite extensive. I am not much into wine so needed help to choose and was suggested a very good wine. The service is prompt and very friendly. Food seems to be very good, reason I am saying this is coz my lady just loved her veggie pasta. Though for me, I dont like to eat chicken with bones with knife n fork. I was told that it wont be difficult but as usual I had difficulty eating. The taste was good though and I am sure if I had ordered, say, fish it would have been great experience. Would be better if the food menu text is bit more anglicized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing findNigelHugginsDined on 30/5/2012This was our second time dining in the evening at Chabrot; it's a beautiful little place. The service and food are both outstandingly good and the dishes for two are really lovely. The place was absolutely full by 8.30 on a Wed evening, so book or get there at 6.30 when it opens and hope for the best - whatever day! It's off the beaten track but word of mouth has seemingly given it the success it deserves. The actual location makes it ideal for a post Brompton Road / Sloane Street shopping trip; there are a couple of OK pubs and a cocktail bar close by if you dont want to sit at your table straight away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very gooddizzy73VIPDined on 29/5/2012We went here to celebrate my 3 year anniversary. We had a nice table - the layout was nice. The 3 course menu for 22.50 was not much to write home about, so we went for the normal menu. The starters were amazing: the duck liver pate was a-mazing! Same for the mains, I had the duck and my partner the baby chicken. The service was good too. Would recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Very pleased to have foundDinersDined on 27/5/2012Very pleased to have found this restaurant. The Sunday lunch set was very good value. All three courses were of high quality. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favourite local french bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 24/5/2012This was the first time we had visited Chabrot this year and we definitely need to go more often. The food is always good and simple but very tasty and correct for what it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Genuine cuisine in a cosy ambienceRZFoodiesDined on 20/5/2012The ambience was cosy and familiar, typical of a French bistro. The food was superbly cooked as a result of fresh, high quality and season ingredients. We had as a starter asparagus with quail eggs, the stuffed cabbage and the cod with lentils and crème brulee for desert.The portions were small and could be more generous. Given the fact the portions were small, side dishes charged separately and a 12,5% service charged added to the bill (although discretionary I always find it excessive because we won´t say no afterwards) value for money was acceptable. Prices are more balanced at lunch time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One special place...SimpleFoodieDined on 11/5/2012Chabrot Bistrot d'Amis is perfect for that special occasion. A great little French place. Fantastic food. A great experience. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good service. great classicny774VIPDined on 6/5/2012good service. great classic french food. the foie gras roti was amazing!Special Features:
- Very good food and wine atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/5/2012Very good food and wine at this Knightsbridge Green French Restaurant . Look out for the set menus which are very good value . Excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- Nothing fancy but reliably goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/5/2012Reliably consistent French food. A bit pricey but then it is in Knightsbridge.Special Features:
- We use this restaurant forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 27/4/2012We use this restaurant for business lunches and all clients to date very pleased with our choice.Special Features:
- Fish to die forDavid64Dined on 22/4/2012The Chabrot Bistrot d'Amis was a gem of a find for a Sunday birthday lunch. A delightful interior, typical of relaxed French dining, suited smart casual. A menu to satisfy the most varied of tastes and some really interesting specials of the day. Friend and I settled for baked fillet of cod on a bed of lentils with steamed greens. The moist and full flesh of the fish was gastronome at its best. The wine list was almost encyclopaedic in range. Even at the carafe end of the list, our choice delivered excellent quality. Delightful and informed service (but waiter topping up wine glasses can be interuptive). Final message? Go there. Worth every centime. You will not be dissappointed.Special Features:
- Dinner for six at the ChabrotBacchiDined on 21/4/2012Dinner for six at the Chabrot Bistrot d'Amis in London... The most authentic French Bistro in London. The food was immaculate...for starters, the finest selection of hams, pickled herring and potato this side of the channel. Main, rump steak, like de buerre...excruciatingly good. Coffee, house wine, superb. Service so sweet. Perfect lighting...I'm running out of superlatives. My step-mam's birthday, and what a bumper pack of brownie points I scored with this one.
- Tha chicken!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 20/4/2012I had the chicken, which tasted incredible. However it would have been even better with a side salad despote the waiter's advice against.Special Features:
- Chabrot Bistrot d'Amis - whatVIBEDined on 16/4/2012Chabrot Bistrot d'Amis - what a little gem in the middle of Knightsbridge. Great food and service and lovely cosy french feel to it. Great value with the Top table offer for lunch. Will go again.