6 Turnham Green Terrace
London, W4 1QPNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.charlottes.co.uk/
- Phone: 02087423590x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday Lunch: 12pm - 3pm
Sunday: 12pm - 5pm
Monday - Saturday Dinner: 6pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 5pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, British
- Executive Chef: Wesley Smalley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Public Transit: We are two minutes walk from Turnham Green Station. Come out of the station, turn left and walk about 100 yards almost to the end of Turnham Green Terrace. We are on the left hand side. That's it.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is plenty of Pay and Display in the area including on Turnham Green Terrace itself.
A word from Charlotte's Bistro
Charlotte’s Bistro has been Chiswick’s local hub since 2010, with an emphasis on bringing customers the best of British. Both the bar and kitchen focus on showcasing carefully selected produce using their skills to create great flavours without over complication.Continued
Whether you are dropping in for a quick coffee, casual drinks or a 3 course meal Charlotte’s Bistro is the perfect place to discover great food and drink any time of day!
Whether you are dropping in for a quick coffee, casual drinks or a 3 course meal Charlotte’s Bistro is the perfect place to discover great food and drink any time of day!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutstanding Value
Charlotte's Bistro - Best restaurants in Chiswick ›
Charlotte's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
241 reviews since 23 October 2013
fit for foodies (136)special occasions (104)romance (83)business meals (69)sunday lunch (54)outstanding value (47)group bookings (40)good vegetarian options (29)brunch (23)pre/post theatre (23)child friendly (5)afternoon tea (4)outdoor eating (3)disabled access (1)Show More
- Noisy and Unappealing MenuBizluncherVIPDined on 18/10/2014Disappointed on many fronts. So noisy and such an uninspiring menu. Would not return.
- Very good quality of serviceKittyloveDined on 16/10/2014We had a business dinner with guests from US and really enjoyed the quality of food and service. I will recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Chiswick TreasureDandLKDined on 13/10/2014Have been visiting Chiswick for years, from California. Fortunately, we have now discovered Charlotte's and will make dinner here a priority on future visits to London. The Market Menu was an amazing bargain, but the regular, a la carte menu is reasonable, as well. Enjoyed the fabulous beetroot salad and marinated salmon to start, and then the amazing Fish Pie (the simple name doesn't do it justice!) and lamb confit. They were accompanied by a delicious whiite Saumur and a pleasant Chianti. Love that you can also order wine by the carafe 375ml, from the excellent wine list. Service was friendly, accommodating, and knowledgable. Even the talented chef had time to talk with us. We had a fun, delicious evening and will return soon!Special Features:
- Rick1945Dined on 10/10/2014Great value early evening reservation taking advantage of the fixed price offer. Good surroundings, attentive staff, highly enjoyableSpecial Features:
- Superb DiningeggplantDined on 4/10/2014We would definitely recommend this place! Get the salmon marinated in gin--absolutely to die for! Our appetizers and mains were prepared with the greatest attention to detail. This is upscale dining and a great place for foodies. They will accommodate dietary adjustments. If you love cocktails--they have an extensive list. We stuck with wine and I must say we were quite pleased with our choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good second time roundBJGDMDined on 4/10/2014Same as last night! Great food, great service. Really go the extra mile in both areas to try to make sure their clients are enjoying themselves. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- amazingBJGDMDined on 3/10/2014Had eaten here many times for lunch and been entirely bedazzled! The night time atmosphere was entirely different- very vibrant and excitable. The food as always was just incredible. It is a fantastic place! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Friday night treatBaggieroDined on 3/10/2014The wife and I had a lovely little Friday night ad-hoc diner a deux at Charlotte's Bistro - lovely well-pitched service, nice food, excellent cocktails to kick off. We are spoiled in having this gem within a short hop of our doorstep!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early DinnerTom2EatDined on 27/9/2014Charlotte's is good value any time, but the early dinner is especially so... as it includes a cocktail imagined by Freddy... The meats and fish are always fresh and very well prepared, with very tasty and interesting sauces/condiments. There are lovely deserts with excellent combinations of tastes and textures.Special Features:
- Fine diningAncsatkaDined on 27/9/2014Fine dining without 5 star prices. Their special deals for set menu lunch/dinner is an amazing quality of food for a surprisingly low price. Cocktails are outstanding, specializing on high standard rums. They also run classes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely foodSeanDined on 26/9/2014I visited here with my parents as somewhere to try out as I'm moving to the area soon. The service was relaxed and attentive. The food we ordered was amazing, great flavours and enjoyed by all. When we visited believe they were doing a slight change with the menus and offers which I hope will be clearer to understand when I next visit. Saying that thought the waitress clearly explained everything simply to ourselves prior to asking any questions. I do have to make comment about the duck which I had for my main. The duck came very easily off the bone-basically fell off it! I'm also not a fan of mash potato however this mash that was served with it was excellent. I never left a single bit on my plate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 21/9/2014Lovely bistro. All the staff were very attentive and extremely friendly. They allowed us to take as much time as we needed to order and were very helpful when answering questions about the menu. Food was very good. I would definitely go again.Special Features:
- CharlieDined on 8/9/2014I have eaten many times at Charlotte's Bistro, and have had a consistently excellent experience every time. Interesting menu (changes monthly), with seasonal produce of the highest quality. I wouldn't go anywhere else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicecoupleDined on 6/9/2014Our starter and main course was delicious.. service was excellent. Very attentive. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch time specialLittleBearDined on 29/8/2014We had the lunch time special - excellent price, choice and food. The inclusive glass of wine, we chose the wine, was lovely, smooth and rounded ( not cheap house plonk) . This is a restaurant not a "bistro" and the superb food reflects the use of seasonal ingredients by a team that cares and knows about food.Special Features:
- WonderfulsarahJDined on 28/8/2014Truly charming from the attentive but relaxed service to the perfectly balanced food and drink. Having previously stopped in for beers and cocktails but not eaten, we were not surprised to find that the food was as interesting and tasty as the cocktails. Both the bar an restaurant have a lovely ambience and the staff are friendly but never intrusive. What was meant to be a quick casual mid-week dinner ended up feeling like a very romantic special occasion - we left full of delicious food and wine, glowing with satisfaction. Thoroughly recommend!Special Features:
- Lovely spot for a delicious mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 25/8/2014I was recommended to try Charlotte's Bistro through a friend who has lived in Chiswick for years, she highly recommnded it so I thought is try it for a family meal. I couldn't fault it, the food was delicious, service perfect. Great choices and good wine list. Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to hype.ozfoodiesDined on 22/8/2014It's been getting a bit of press lately but did live up to the resultant expectations. Had one or two disappointing meals there in years gone by so had given it a wide berth. The welcome and initial service had me turned around before the starters arrived. Cracking W4 restaurant!Special Features:
- jrlowryDined on 20/8/2014My wife and myself had a lovely lunch on the 20th August. It was brilliant.Special Features:
- Great, as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 14/8/2014Our 5th visit to Charlotte s Bistro and we are always very happy with the food and the service. The staff is extremly professional and friendly. We are moving back to Burgundy in France , but will come back when we come back to London. I would recommend the early diner offer as it will be quieter and you will get a nice apéritif with your menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Special!fcdineDined on 9/8/2014Charlotte's never fails to disappoint! Food is sublime, great range of champagnes and wines to go with it, staff are very friendly and attentive and get the service balance just right. Great ambience and atmosphere - just a great place to go for that extra special somethingSpecial Features:
- Spectacular foodCrystalbuggDined on 8/8/2014I really enjoyed my dining experience at Charlottes Bistro. The portions were a fair size and I would highly recommend the beef bavette and the carrot cake- both were delicious. All the plates were also beautifully presented. The service was very good. The staff were friendly, professional and dealt well with our large group. We did the early dinner deal, 3 courses and a cocktail for £27. This was excellent value and as I enjoyed the food so much, I will definitely dine here again with or without the special offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and great valueHungryrabbitVIPDined on 31/7/2014We had three sublime courses for £27, and I can't work out how they do it. The food is just lovely, portion sizes good, and with a free glass of wine as well it is an absolute steal!! Lovely service too.Special Features:
- exc choice of well presented dishesrobdinDined on 26/7/2014A glass of Prosecco at £7 is slightly on the expensive side.The food (gin cured salmon, sea trout, duck liver mousse, potato dumplings and cauliflower, chocolate and earl grey tart, strawberries with burnt butter cream and vanilla) was excellent and very well presented. Staff is friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gone downhilljohnlaewDined on 25/7/2014Asa regular customer I was appalled at the service we received this time round. The first waiter knew nothing of our booking and so told us to wait on the manager!. Having been sat by the manger we then waited 8 minutes or so to be offered any water/menu's etc. The waitress who served us knew nothing about any of the wines, When we finally chose our wine it was not available, twice. Both waitresses consistently walked past with very little interest.To top it all, I nearly lost a tooth on an olive stone in the tapenade. Terrible, terrible experience. Suffice to say this had this been our first time we would not go back, Chiswick has plenty of eating places. What a shame that one of our favourite places for lunch let us down so badly.Special Features:
- perfect as always!DBLeaseVIPDined on 22/7/2014Charlotte's is our favourite West London restaurant. The quality of the food is perfect - local and in season. The service is outstanding: that perfect balance between professionalism and friendliness. I would recommend it wholeheartedly.Special Features:
- LOVE, LOVE, LOVED IT!luxevolupteDined on 15/7/2014We visited Charlotte's Bistro midweek recently and had one of the most enjoyable evenings we have had. Food was amazing, service impeccable and a lovely relaxed atmosphere. Recommend the pate starter (if the still have it, menu changes often) was one of the best starters I have ever had (and only mildly fond of pate usually). My fiancé's meal was as wonderful as my own and we will DEFINITELY be regulars here. We live in Chiswick but definitely worth travelling to if you don't. Our new favourite!Special Features:
- Go Gogocg574Dined on 15/7/2014From the time we entered the restaurant to the time we left, there was nothing amiss, service topnotch, amazing food, Michelin starred would say, service outstanding, paying attention to customer , will be back again soon please leave space for the carrot cake.Special Features:
- Great little spot...eatingoutismyhobbyDined on 3/7/2014I had read and seen a few reviews for Charlottes bistro and they all seemed positive, so wanted to see for myself and I'm pleased to say that it lived up to expectation. Had three courses and a good bottle of white wine and it came in at the expected suggested value per person and was certainly worth it. When you go, make sure you save room for the carrot cake... it's superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time aroundlucilletDined on 1/7/2014I first came to Charlotte's Bistro two years ago for a birthday lunch on a Sunday, had a lovely time, and had been looking forward to going back ever since. This time was again for my birthday. Food was delicious both times. I had emailed ahead of booking to check that my wheat intolerance would not be an issue. When I got to the restaurant they printed out a menu that was edited to only include the things I could eat - a nice touch. I had the pan fried sea bream with squid ink and Brixham crab. It tasted of the sea and the bream skin was so crisp - tasty! Was served with beans and samphire which I had never had before. Dessert was cherry sorbet and a fruit salad, perfect with deep cherry flavour and very refreshing way to end the meal.Special Features:
- Delicious lunch!FrancophileDined on 30/6/2014Lunch a deux on a quiet Monday. Excellent service and really delicious food. Suspect it is much more lively in the evening but was a lovely lunch escape.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the GinsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 21/6/2014Went here for a Saturday evening meal. Busy restaurant with a nice choice of fresh, seasonal dishes. Good wine selection, although some are very pricey in proportion to the price of the menu. Chocolate & Earl Grey was very enjoyable. Afterwards we moved to the bar, to try some of the flavoured gins; Anise, Rhubarb, Beetroot, Limoncello, yummy! The bar staff have a good knowledge of drinks and the restaurant staff very pleasant too.
- Lovely dinnerCharlotteSDined on 21/6/2014We went for their early dinner before heading to the George IV down the road for their comedy night. The food and service at Charotte's Bistro was fab. Under £27 for three great courses and any drink of your choice. The food was lovely, and interesting. The service was excellent. Really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 19/6/2014The staff was very friendly and we enjoyed the atmosphere. Unfortunately the quality of the mains very poor, 2 of 4 were undercooked and fatty. The dessert was very tasty.
- great cocktails!ladieswholovetodineDined on 14/6/2014Whilst the cocktails, ambience and service were excellent, the food was just "good". The portions are quite small. Fine for a table of ladies but if we'd invited the men they would have gone hungry.Special Features:
- A great dealK4pl4nDined on 13/6/2014We had a great meal, the food was very good and very nicely presented. The icing on the cake was the earl-bird deal which made it very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little GemWhispacatDined on 13/6/2014The freshness and choice of food was very refreshing. Highly recommend the seabass and an unusual doughnut and apple dessert that I had to finish. Recommeded to a freind straight awaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely intimate restaurantWhispacatDined on 13/6/2014This was a pleasant surprise just minutes away from Turnham Green Station.. A bubbly atmosphere, attentitive staff who were helpful and responsive. Some lovely wines and the meals on offer exceeded our expectations. The Salmom starter was delightful with a lovely ginger infusion. The seabass, mouthwatering with an unusual mix of green vegetable. The lemon meringue was delightful and unsually presented (not a traditional one but never the less deliciousSpecial Features:
- Beautiful seasonal foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/6/2014Lovely spring/summer menu with knowledgeable servers who were happy to discuss menu choices and wine pairings with us while remaining discreet and unobtrusive. Delicious food, would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- consistently excellentfoodieJDined on 12/6/2014Always lovely service with a constantly changing menu delivering well judged food combinations executed to a high standard at a more than reasonable price. A local gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.