6 Turnham Green Terrace
London, W4 1QPNeighborhood:
BritishPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.charlottes.co.uk/
- Phone: 02087423590
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday Lunch: 12pm - 3pm
Sunday: 12pm - 5pm
Monday - Saturday Dinner: 6pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 5pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, British
- Executive Chef: Wesley Smalley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Public Transit: We are two minutes walk from Turnham Green Station. Come out of the station, turn left and walk about 100 yards almost to the end of Turnham Green Terrace. We are on the left hand side. That's it.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is plenty of Pay and Display in the area including on Turnham Green Terrace itself.
A word from Charlotte's Bistro
The Bistro has been awarded the prestigious Michelin Bib Gourmand in both 2011 & 2012. Steps lead up from the cocktail bar to the buzzing raised level dining room which opens daily from 12pm for Lunch and Dinner. The decor features familiar natural wood finishes, leather banquette seating and booths all the way back to the beautiful glazed back section. Head Chef Wesley Smalley and his kitchen brigade produce confidently executed contemporary British cooking. Dishes focus on great flavours and showcase carefully selected seasonal ingredients without over complication. As part of our commitment to sustainability and local produce we source high quality English and Welsh meat and our fish is delivered daily, direct from Cornwall. Monday to Saturday there is a Set Lunch Menu available and an Early Diner Offer before 7pm. Sundays feature an all day set price menu including Roast Beef.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBritish
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Charlotte's Bistro - Best restaurants in Chiswick ›
Charlotte's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
242 reviews since 5 May 2014
fit for foodies (131)special occasions (102)romance (82)business meals (68)sunday lunch (56)outstanding value (43)group bookings (40)good vegetarian options (28)brunch (26)pre/post theatre (20)afternoon tea (5)child friendly (4)outdoor eating (3)Show More
- Lunch time specialLittleBearDined on 29/8/2014We had the lunch time special - excellent price, choice and food. The inclusive glass of wine, we chose the wine, was lovely, smooth and rounded ( not cheap house plonk) . This is a restaurant not a "bistro" and the superb food reflects the use of seasonal ingredients by a team that cares and knows about food.Special Features:
- Lovely spot for a delicious mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 25/8/2014I was recommended to try Charlotte's Bistro through a friend who has lived in Chiswick for years, she highly recommnded it so I thought is try it for a family meal. I couldn't fault it, the food was delicious, service perfect. Great choices and good wine list. Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to hype.ozfoodiesDined on 22/8/2014It's been getting a bit of press lately but did live up to the resultant expectations. Had one or two disappointing meals there in years gone by so had given it a wide berth. The welcome and initial service had me turned around before the starters arrived. Cracking W4 restaurant!Special Features:
- jrlowryDined on 20/8/2014My wife and myself had a lovely lunch on the 20th August. It was brilliant.Special Features:
- Great, as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 14/8/2014Our 5th visit to Charlotte s Bistro and we are always very happy with the food and the service. The staff is extremly professional and friendly. We are moving back to Burgundy in France , but will come back when we come back to London. I would recommend the early diner offer as it will be quieter and you will get a nice apéritif with your menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Special!fcdineDined on 9/8/2014Charlotte's never fails to disappoint! Food is sublime, great range of champagnes and wines to go with it, staff are very friendly and attentive and get the service balance just right. Great ambience and atmosphere - just a great place to go for that extra special somethingSpecial Features:
- Spectacular foodCrystalbuggDined on 8/8/2014I really enjoyed my dining experience at Charlottes Bistro. The portions were a fair size and I would highly recommend the beef bavette and the carrot cake- both were delicious. All the plates were also beautifully presented. The service was very good. The staff were friendly, professional and dealt well with our large group. We did the early dinner deal, 3 courses and a cocktail for £27. This was excellent value and as I enjoyed the food so much, I will definitely dine here again with or without the special offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and great valueHungryrabbitVIPDined on 31/7/2014We had three sublime courses for £27, and I can't work out how they do it. The food is just lovely, portion sizes good, and with a free glass of wine as well it is an absolute steal!! Lovely service too.Special Features:
- exc choice of well presented dishesrobdinDined on 26/7/2014A glass of Prosecco at £7 is slightly on the expensive side.The food (gin cured salmon, sea trout, duck liver mousse, potato dumplings and cauliflower, chocolate and earl grey tart, strawberries with burnt butter cream and vanilla) was excellent and very well presented. Staff is friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gone downhilljohnlaewDined on 25/7/2014Asa regular customer I was appalled at the service we received this time round. The first waiter knew nothing of our booking and so told us to wait on the manager!. Having been sat by the manger we then waited 8 minutes or so to be offered any water/menu's etc. The waitress who served us knew nothing about any of the wines, When we finally chose our wine it was not available, twice. Both waitresses consistently walked past with very little interest.To top it all, I nearly lost a tooth on an olive stone in the tapenade. Terrible, terrible experience. Suffice to say this had this been our first time we would not go back, Chiswick has plenty of eating places. What a shame that one of our favourite places for lunch let us down so badly.Special Features:
- perfect as always!DBLeaseVIPDined on 22/7/2014Charlotte's is our favourite West London restaurant. The quality of the food is perfect - local and in season. The service is outstanding: that perfect balance between professionalism and friendliness. I would recommend it wholeheartedly.Special Features:
- LOVE, LOVE, LOVED IT!luxevolupteDined on 15/7/2014We visited Charlotte's Bistro midweek recently and had one of the most enjoyable evenings we have had. Food was amazing, service impeccable and a lovely relaxed atmosphere. Recommend the pate starter (if the still have it, menu changes often) was one of the best starters I have ever had (and only mildly fond of pate usually). My fiancé's meal was as wonderful as my own and we will DEFINITELY be regulars here. We live in Chiswick but definitely worth travelling to if you don't. Our new favourite!Special Features:
- Go Gogocg574Dined on 15/7/2014From the time we entered the restaurant to the time we left, there was nothing amiss, service topnotch, amazing food, Michelin starred would say, service outstanding, paying attention to customer , will be back again soon please leave space for the carrot cake.Special Features:
- Great little spot...eatingoutismyhobbyDined on 3/7/2014I had read and seen a few reviews for Charlottes bistro and they all seemed positive, so wanted to see for myself and I'm pleased to say that it lived up to expectation. Had three courses and a good bottle of white wine and it came in at the expected suggested value per person and was certainly worth it. When you go, make sure you save room for the carrot cake... it's superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time aroundlucilletDined on 1/7/2014I first came to Charlotte's Bistro two years ago for a birthday lunch on a Sunday, had a lovely time, and had been looking forward to going back ever since. This time was again for my birthday. Food was delicious both times. I had emailed ahead of booking to check that my wheat intolerance would not be an issue. When I got to the restaurant they printed out a menu that was edited to only include the things I could eat - a nice touch. I had the pan fried sea bream with squid ink and Brixham crab. It tasted of the sea and the bream skin was so crisp - tasty! Was served with beans and samphire which I had never had before. Dessert was cherry sorbet and a fruit salad, perfect with deep cherry flavour and very refreshing way to end the meal.Special Features:
- Delicious lunch!FrancophileDined on 30/6/2014Lunch a deux on a quiet Monday. Excellent service and really delicious food. Suspect it is much more lively in the evening but was a lovely lunch escape.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the GinsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 21/6/2014Went here for a Saturday evening meal. Busy restaurant with a nice choice of fresh, seasonal dishes. Good wine selection, although some are very pricey in proportion to the price of the menu. Chocolate & Earl Grey was very enjoyable. Afterwards we moved to the bar, to try some of the flavoured gins; Anise, Rhubarb, Beetroot, Limoncello, yummy! The bar staff have a good knowledge of drinks and the restaurant staff very pleasant too.
- Lovely dinnerCharlotteSDined on 21/6/2014We went for their early dinner before heading to the George IV down the road for their comedy night. The food and service at Charotte's Bistro was fab. Under £27 for three great courses and any drink of your choice. The food was lovely, and interesting. The service was excellent. Really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 19/6/2014The staff was very friendly and we enjoyed the atmosphere. Unfortunately the quality of the mains very poor, 2 of 4 were undercooked and fatty. The dessert was very tasty.
- great cocktails!ladieswholovetodineDined on 14/6/2014Whilst the cocktails, ambience and service were excellent, the food was just "good". The portions are quite small. Fine for a table of ladies but if we'd invited the men they would have gone hungry.Special Features:
- A great dealK4pl4nDined on 13/6/2014We had a great meal, the food was very good and very nicely presented. The icing on the cake was the earl-bird deal which made it very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little GemWhispacatDined on 13/6/2014The freshness and choice of food was very refreshing. Highly recommend the seabass and an unusual doughnut and apple dessert that I had to finish. Recommeded to a freind straight awaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely intimate restaurantWhispacatDined on 13/6/2014This was a pleasant surprise just minutes away from Turnham Green Station.. A bubbly atmosphere, attentitive staff who were helpful and responsive. Some lovely wines and the meals on offer exceeded our expectations. The Salmom starter was delightful with a lovely ginger infusion. The seabass, mouthwatering with an unusual mix of green vegetable. The lemon meringue was delightful and unsually presented (not a traditional one but never the less deliciousSpecial Features:
- Beautiful seasonal foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/6/2014Lovely spring/summer menu with knowledgeable servers who were happy to discuss menu choices and wine pairings with us while remaining discreet and unobtrusive. Delicious food, would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- consistently excellentfoodieJDined on 12/6/2014Always lovely service with a constantly changing menu delivering well judged food combinations executed to a high standard at a more than reasonable price. A local gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impromptu lunchTedderbear59Dined on 3/6/2014Had an appt in London so decided to pop into Charlotte's Bistro for lunch en route. We opted for the lunch special menu. Food was cooked to perfection, staff were really friendly and helpful. Will deffinately return!Special Features:
- Good food.BenthechefDined on 30/5/2014Good food, all dishes executed well although everything slightly under seasoned . Our server didn't seem to be happy to be at work,& didn't really know about the food. I would return with the hope of these small issues fine tunedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Up Close and too personalRegularVIPDined on 28/5/2014Great local restaurant, good food but tables are far, far too close together. Don't go if you want a romantic meal or you want to hear what your guests are saying. Good for lunch bcse it's quiet or go to their sister restaurant in Ealing: much, much better.Special Features:
- Lovely mealChiswickFoodieDined on 24/5/2014Had a really delicious meal here. Each course was absolutely delicious. The manager who welcomed and seated us was fantastic. Didn't make us feel bad for being late! Slight blips with the server who took order etc but she was lovely and we really enjoyed ourselvesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunch venue in ChiswickLivetoEatDined on 23/5/2014Very tasty lunch with very good service and good choices. Value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Quick LunchHazeleyVIPDined on 19/5/2014Stopped here for a quick lunch, thoroughly excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gin & birthday celebMarilynDined on 17/5/2014We are gin fans! They have an eclectic mix of gins, the bar staff are very knowledgable and very happy to make great gin recommendations - oh and whiskeys too! Food good too, my friend said she had the best salmon starter she had ever tasted. .Special Features:
- Moderately decent foodCharlieDined on 16/5/2014The ambience was quite chilled and comfortable - I was catching up with a friend so it was a good environment. The food was okay - you could see that effort had gone in to make it 'fine dining' with querky techniques like deconstructed dishes and the scattered presentation - however, they didn't manage to pull this off to a high enough standard. In the end, it felt like the chef had just watched too much masterschef but didn't give enough thought to the food itself. My deconstructed lemon meringue pie was particularly bad - it was a few blobs of meringue, shards of meringue and lemon curd. The menu said shortbread but it just came with some crushed biscuits; The sum was less than its parts. The service was very good though.Special Features:
- partydinerDined on 15/5/2014I went with a group of friends having not been for a while. We had a nice drink at the bar and then went to the table. Nice service and ambience but I thought the food was over priced for what we got and not that tasty. I had duck which was a little too pink for me and the desert was mediocre. We paid £45 with no starter and a bottle of wine between the 4 of us. It was more of a £30 a head place in my opinion and with mains all being around the £20 mark I thought that was too much. I had a dodgy tummy that night after my duck!Special Features:
- Charlottes bistro for early dinnerMarFerVIPDined on 15/5/2014Great value for early dinner. Great food and wine. Service is excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemCduffyDined on 12/5/2014Enjoyed celebrating my partner's birthday here. Had the early bird menu - great value. All the dishes looked and tasted great. Service was attentive and well timed. It was a Monday evening so we would experience the gin tasting. Very enjoyable experience. Will be back.Special Features:
- A constantly good choiceSebDVIPDined on 11/5/2014We don't leave far from Chiswick and Charlotte's Bistrot is a place we go to often. We went there this time for Saturday lunch with a friend. The place was quiet and the waiting staff was friendly and attentive. The lunch was very good and we had a good chat.Special Features:
- Review of Charlotte's BistroFoodieDined on 9/5/2014Great place to meet up with friend's and catch-up over great food. Service was great as ever and the early-bird menu great value for money.Special Features:
- Plenty of better options aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2014I was sincerely disappointed to be put at the very last table when there were lots of other tables available, under a low ceiling corner, felt like a sardine in a can. But still did not expect to be boiling... The air conditioning was turned off because someone complained on the other side of the restaurant, so we were honestly uncomfortably hot. The waiter was super nice and that saved the night from a complete disaster. Food was honest but did not blew anyone away, though quite pricey and pretentious. Did not meet my expectations. Feeling sorry I chose this restaurant to celebrate a birthday. Will not come back. Plenty of better options in Chiswick.
- SuperbamancalledhorseDined on 4/5/2014That is all! Everything about the experience was superb!