16 St Matthew's Road
London, W5 3JTNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://charlottes.co.uk/place/
- Phone: 02085677541x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday Lunch: 12pm - 2:30pm
Monday - Saturday Dinner 6pm - 10pm
All Day Sunday 12pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, British
- Executive Chef: Lubos Vaskinin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Charlotte's Place
Charlotte's Place is an independently owned informal neighbourhood restaurant. Our Modern British dishes make use of the best quality locally sourced produce available. The Ground and Lower Floor dining rooms, designed with comfort and style in mind, are available at all times. Al fresco tables are available whenever our London weather permits.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Value
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Charlotte's Place - Best restaurants in Ealing ›
Charlotte's Place reviews from OpenTable diners
247 reviews since 31 October 2013
special occasions (156)fit for foodies (154)romance (107)sunday lunch (86)business meals (59)outstanding value (42)group bookings (37)good vegetarian options (24)outdoor eating (21)brunch (19)child friendly (13)afternoon tea (8)pre/post theatre (8)disabled access (7)Show More
- Early bird gets the dealmunkygrubDined on 25/10/2014Booked a table for 2 early saturday evening for me and my significant other who is with child. Within seconds of my online booking I was called to confirm booking and to see if I wanted yo take advantage of the excellent early bird menu. This gave me a positive image of attention to detail and attentiveness which followed through with superb service and food. Full of nice touches like complimentary filtered water that is constantly topped up. They have 2 places with a third opening close to me in ealing broadway. Part of me is disappointed that this place isn't staying a secret for those in the know, but that's just selfish, charlottes deserves to expand and I wish them every success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOODsvkadDined on 19/10/2014Sunday roast was very poor I had so much better for a cheeper price, the beef was very poor the pudding was really poor. Service was amazing . Charlotte in ealing as gone down hillSpecial Features:
- As good as it gets!recklessgalDined on 18/10/2014A birthday dinner for four. Delicate & interesting starters. The star was the mains - we all had the duck with duck leg pie and berry sauce - excellent! Succulent, beautifully cooked, with a beautiful pastry pie. Varied desserts - all good. Service charming & attentive. Good cooking and excellent value with the set menu. Wines well priced and good selection of dessert wines.Special Features:
- Outstanding food, but the noise!BixBixDined on 15/10/2014This was the first time we had tried Charlotte's Place since the new chef took over, and we were very impressed by the quality of the food: there were four of us, and not a dish could we fault. Top marks. Unfortunately, the whole experience didn't quite live up to the food, as it was so noisy that we had great difficulty in hearing each other - it was nearly impossible to carry on a conversation, which is an important element in an enjoyable meal out. It shouldn't be impossible to design restaurants taking into account the acoustics - architects must realise that eating out is a social activity, surely - but it's astonishing how often this is overlooked. Five stars for food, then, but for ambience and service, regrettably, only four.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss CharlotteWylieDined on 14/10/2014Six of us for dinner - everyone delighted with the food and ambience, especially the New Zealnders - loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikeDined on 13/10/2014Our evening was marred by a group of very noisy women diners , hardly the fault of the restaurant , but in every other way o thoroughly enjoyable eating experience.Special Features:
- Great evening out with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014delicious food and wine, with very attentive service.
- Best by far in EalingFood1eDined on 9/10/2014The food is outstanding and consistently so. Always a treat to dine here. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good lunchFoodieDined on 7/10/2014As a regular to Charlotte's Place it never fails to produce good food and excellent service. Lunch was particularly good on our last visit. Just about to celebrate 30 years in Ealing - a fantastic achievement! Long may Charlotte's reign!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurantJudgeBeckyDined on 6/10/2014Took my boyfriend for his birthday. The ambiance is lovely, as it is a small restaurant in a residential area opposite Ealing Common with a simple but effective decor. Much quieter than the sister restaurant in Chiswick. Service was attentive until we wanted the bill. The food was great and good size portions for such a nice restaurant. Quite pricey, but as expected for the type of restaurant.Special Features:
- Friday night at Charlottes PlaceTime2DineDined on 3/10/2014We were looking for a nice venue to go to on a Friday night after work. Charlottes Place was ideal, we have been before - a couple of years ago - but didn't particularly enjoy the experience - Im so glad that we decided to give it another try. The Autumn Menu had just come out, I had smoked and cured trout to start with, followed by Venison - delicious! My husband had lamb belly rashers and Grouse. The food was beautifully presented and tasted divine. Our waitress was friendly and couldn't do enough for us - our only criticism was that our G & T's took rather a long time to arrive. The ambiance in the restaurant is a bit stark, but all in all would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rough around the edgesJohnnyBDined on 3/10/2014Disappointingly, "fresh" orange juice was pasteurised out of a carton! Food was as delicious, as ever, but long delays in service (compared with previous visits when food has been ready almost instantly) & several changes in waiting staff detracted from the enjoyment of the evening. Need to polish things up as in danger of losing its topnotch rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dining Experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/10/2014Every meal is wonderful, and everyone is better than the one before. Outstanding food, service & value, congenial atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A JoyDinerVIPDined on 2/10/2014The best restaurant In Ealing and beyond.... The food just gets better and better...delicious. The service is extremely efficient and yet warm and friendly. The cosy feel of the restaurant and amazing views across the common just add to the experience of this 'gem' of a restaurant. Wine list is great value and offers interesting choices.Special Features:
- delicious diningmag3Dined on 29/9/2014we were celebrating birthdays - we had the early diner meal - tasty complimentary bread placed on the table on arrival , complimentary water still or sparkling. Menu included aperitif followed by 3 stunning courses. Everyone felt as though they had had a very special treat . The 'chocolate glass' was a revelation! The staff were extremely professional and attentive. Amazing value for money .Special Features:
- Fine dining at an affordable priceCCdinerDined on 27/9/2014We came for a birthday lunch and had the set menu. Delicious and such good value, will definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NinaDined on 27/9/2014I have not been for a few years and though I still enjoyed the food I did find it a bit too fancy. I'm not sure some of the combinations worked that well and sometimes it's best to keep things simple. My other diners did not enjoy their meal.Special Features:
- ClassyPandDDined on 23/9/2014Beautiful food, beautifully presented and served. We booked an early dinner at 7pm on a Tuesday. The restaurant was busy with a lovely atmosphere. The service was excellent and friendly. We plan to go regularly and would recommend it to anyone who values a superior experience.Special Features:
- Average AnniversaryraybooysenDined on 23/9/2014I've been to Charlotte's Place a few times, and normally am pleasantly surprised by the quality of their food. This time was weirdly off. We were seated downstairs, which is in need of a paint. My wife had 2 fruit flies that constantly buzzed around us which was not pleasant. We had a serving a duck for my wife and venison for myself. The venison was tasty, perfectly pink and very tasty. My wife's duck was dry and tasteless. We ordered desserts, which we didn't realise were cold desserts (our fault), but were very tasty. The house wine we ordered was very good.Special Features:
- Charlotte's place reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/9/2014My family and I ate at Charlotte’s place on Saturday 18th September. The food, service and overall value for money was excellent. The presentation and choice of the food was outstanding. There is not one thing I could fault about our experience at this restaurant. I couldn’t recommend it more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful location, fantastic foodHammerDined on 19/9/2014I ended up booking at Charlotte's Place based on the already fantastic reviews, and I have no intention of writing anything to contradict this. The staff were friendly, providing first class service, the menu was innovative and over delivered on expectations and the whole experience came at relative value for money. Some menu items I believe may be impossible to eat with out audible appreciation throughout. All this and I was dining as a part of a large party, something which can often cause a restaurant to drop marks across the board. The only downside of the entire experience was the temperature. Of course they cannot control the weather but we ate on an extremely humid day and there wasn't really a contingency for this (Harsh I know).Special Features:
- ClassClareDVIPDined on 18/9/2014This is just a great local restaurant. Good food and lovely ambiance. Nice to see rabbit and venison on the menu instead of chicken and beef!Special Features:
- ksavisitorDined on 18/9/2014Really very good indeed - our favourite restaurant in Ealing.Special Features:
- Good effortCaudexDined on 13/9/2014Four of us had dinner at Charlotte's. We were in the downstairs eating area. It was pleasantly decorated but warm and stuffy. It seemed to lack ventilation. The staff were pleasant and efficient. Water and excellent bread arrived regularly and without extra charge. As for the food, the author's scallop ceviche was eye catching but bland and overly sweet to taste. The venison was OK but again with a very sweet sauce. Cold rice pudding with plums for dessert: excellent. Overall, the menu could be simpler and the flavours more intense. The fixed price for three courses was reasonable. I am not sure I would return simply (and probably irrationally) because I did not like the downstairs eating area. There is a smaller upstairs one as well.
- Good food, good atmosphereKatieODined on 13/9/2014We have been to Charlotte's Place before, but not for a long time and it was as good as we remembered. Lovely cosy atmosphere downstairs while also being modern and fresh. Food was really good, with a small but wide ranging menu, all our dishes were very good. Nice touch with still or sparkling tap water on the house, which was refreshed all evening without having to ask. Friendly well informed staff. Reasonable prices, good value for money.Special Features:
- Excellent local restaurantShopperDined on 30/8/2014An excellent and busy local restaurant for Ealing with good food and good wine list; maybe a touch expensive
- Good evening but spoilt at the endSand1Dined on 30/8/2014We had never been to Charlotte's Place before but tried the early evening menu and were pleased. Food and service were good but we did feel as if the time in between courses was a bit too long. We knew we had to be out by 9pm but it had already gone 8.30 by the time they took our mains away. It's not like we eat slowly and becuase we'd enjoyed the food so much we hadn't really noticed the time. However we then decided to order a dessert and coffees and after being reminded that we had to leave by 9pm (which we agreed to) we got served our coffee before the dessert! This was a birthday meal and sort of ruined the evening. We would never have expected that from such a good restaurant.Special Features:
- A lovely eveningeatnshoutDined on 29/8/2014We were celebrating a birthday. The food was special, the service and atmosphere first class. This was a lovely evening for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureTheCatDined on 27/8/2014I still think this is the best restaurant in west London. One imagines it would be a bit stiff, but it's actually very relaxed, friendly, and a real joy to visit. The food is sublime, and if you take the Early Diner offer, superb value for money.Special Features:
- ExcellentCrizzy1Dined on 26/8/2014We had the early diner 3 courses. Very good as usual. The food is quite rich so we don't have extra sides usually.We didn't like the menu choice as much as previous offerings, but the food was still interesting and well presented. It looked like downstairs could do with a lick of paint in places, but furnishings in good condition. Service was good.Special Features:
- Sunday lunchMarFerVIPDined on 24/8/2014Worth a visit. Great value Sunday lunch. The beef was divine. Great wine list. Service is impeccableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous foodtastyPTDined on 23/8/2014Delicious food and beautifully presented! Charlotte's was the perfect venue for a birthday lunch :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining in the areajrc36Dined on 23/8/2014Had a great Saturday lunch. Set menu is a bargain. Menu is imaginatively prepared and dishes exquisitely flavoured. Special diets are expertly catered for. Wines also good though a bit pricey. Eating at outside tables are lovely when the weather allows. Big thanks to Jamie and all the staff!Special Features:
- Mike.mikeDined on 21/8/2014Friendly helpful staff. Interesting and very enjoyable menu with good and reasonably priced wine list. Also next to great pub.Special Features:
- Dinner offerMarFerVIPDined on 19/8/2014The offer at Charoltes Place is great. Good food from the main menu till 1900 with an aperitif. Great service and you are made to feel welcome. Great wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealStephDined on 15/8/2014We took our friends here as a wedding present and it did not disappoint. Excellent food and very good value, the staff were extremely friendly and were able to recommend drinks and dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodloverDined on 15/8/2014Lovely restaurant which we go to now and then for special occasions. Food is always lovingly prepared, and there is always an outstanding dish - in this case there was a delicious duck leg pie. Service is also always excellent. We'd go every weekend if we didn't want to spoil it as a treat! The early diner is especially good value - £26.95 for three courses and an aperitif.Special Features:
- gorgeous eveningpeneatsDined on 13/8/2014What an amazing restaurant this is, a real find. It feels very local as it is away from the high street. The menu is small but everything looks interesting and appetizing so easy to choose. Having three courses for £32 is great, gives you free rein to just go for it! Dessert incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great locationealingHermitDined on 12/8/2014I took my girlfriend here for a birthday meal and was extremely pleased to recieve a very original and well thought out meal at a reasonable price for its high quality. The venue was lovely and made great use of mirrors and natural light to make quite a small dining area seem spacious. I would advise sitting upstairs as the basement area did not appear to have the same atmosphere (from the look of it that is, I didn't eat down there). There was a 12 or so percent service charge added to the bill (which can be removed) but the service was very good so I didn't mind, it did obviously increase the price unexpectedly though. All in all we had an excellent experience and I would definitely recommend it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Best Food in EalingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/8/2014Have been to Charlotte's Place many times and it never disappoints – great food and always interesting choices. The best food in Ealing by miles.Special Features: