16 St Matthew's Road
London, W5 3JTNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://charlottes.co.uk/place/
- Phone: 02085677541x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday Lunch: 12pm - 2:30pm
Monday - Saturday Dinner 6pm - 10pm
All Day Sunday 12pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, British
- Executive Chef: Lubos Vaskinin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Charlotte's Place
Charlotte's Place is an independently owned informal neighbourhood restaurant. Our Modern British dishes make use of the best quality locally sourced produce available. The Ground and Lower Floor dining rooms, designed with comfort and style in mind, are available at all times. Al fresco tables are available whenever our London weather permits.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerSunday Lunch
Charlotte's Place - Best restaurants in Ealing ›
Charlotte's Place reviews from OpenTable diners
234 reviews since 2 June 2014
special occasions (149)fit for foodies (144)romance (99)sunday lunch (85)business meals (54)outstanding value (36)group bookings (35)good vegetarian options (21)outdoor eating (20)brunch (17)child friendly (10)pre/post theatre (8)afternoon tea (7)disabled access (6)Show More
- ClassyPandDDined on 23/9/2014Beautiful food, beautifully presented and served. We booked an early dinner at 7pm on a Tuesday. The restaurant was busy with a lovely atmosphere. The service was excellent and friendly. We plan to go regularly and would recommend it to anyone who values a superior experience.Special Features:
- Average AnniversaryraybooysenDined on 23/9/2014I've been to Charlotte's Place a few times, and normally am pleasantly surprised by the quality of their food. This time was weirdly off. We were seated downstairs, which is in need of a paint. My wife had 2 fruit flies that constantly buzzed around us which was not pleasant. We had a serving a duck for my wife and venison for myself. The venison was tasty, perfectly pink and very tasty. My wife's duck was dry and tasteless. We ordered desserts, which we didn't realise were cold desserts (our fault), but were very tasty. The house wine we ordered was very good.Special Features:
- Charlotte's place reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/9/2014My family and I ate at Charlotte’s place on Saturday 18th September. The food, service and overall value for money was excellent. The presentation and choice of the food was outstanding. There is not one thing I could fault about our experience at this restaurant. I couldn’t recommend it more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful location, fantastic foodHammerDined on 19/9/2014I ended up booking at Charlotte's Place based on the already fantastic reviews, and I have no intention of writing anything to contradict this. The staff were friendly, providing first class service, the menu was innovative and over delivered on expectations and the whole experience came at relative value for money. Some menu items I believe may be impossible to eat with out audible appreciation throughout. All this and I was dining as a part of a large party, something which can often cause a restaurant to drop marks across the board. The only downside of the entire experience was the temperature. Of course they cannot control the weather but we ate on an extremely humid day and there wasn't really a contingency for this (Harsh I know).Special Features:
- ClassClareDVIPDined on 18/9/2014This is just a great local restaurant. Good food and lovely ambiance. Nice to see rabbit and venison on the menu instead of chicken and beef!Special Features:
- ksavisitorDined on 18/9/2014Really very good indeed - our favourite restaurant in Ealing.Special Features:
- Good effortCaudexDined on 13/9/2014Four of us had dinner at Charlotte's. We were in the downstairs eating area. It was pleasantly decorated but warm and stuffy. It seemed to lack ventilation. The staff were pleasant and efficient. Water and excellent bread arrived regularly and without extra charge. As for the food, the author's scallop ceviche was eye catching but bland and overly sweet to taste. The venison was OK but again with a very sweet sauce. Cold rice pudding with plums for dessert: excellent. Overall, the menu could be simpler and the flavours more intense. The fixed price for three courses was reasonable. I am not sure I would return simply (and probably irrationally) because I did not like the downstairs eating area. There is a smaller upstairs one as well.
- Good food, good atmosphereKatieODined on 13/9/2014We have been to Charlotte's Place before, but not for a long time and it was as good as we remembered. Lovely cosy atmosphere downstairs while also being modern and fresh. Food was really good, with a small but wide ranging menu, all our dishes were very good. Nice touch with still or sparkling tap water on the house, which was refreshed all evening without having to ask. Friendly well informed staff. Reasonable prices, good value for money.Special Features:
- Excellent local restaurantShopperDined on 30/8/2014An excellent and busy local restaurant for Ealing with good food and good wine list; maybe a touch expensive
- A lovely eveningeatnshoutDined on 29/8/2014We were celebrating a birthday. The food was special, the service and atmosphere first class. This was a lovely evening for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureTheCatDined on 27/8/2014I still think this is the best restaurant in west London. One imagines it would be a bit stiff, but it's actually very relaxed, friendly, and a real joy to visit. The food is sublime, and if you take the Early Diner offer, superb value for money.Special Features:
- ExcellentCrizzy1Dined on 26/8/2014We had the early diner 3 courses. Very good as usual. The food is quite rich so we don't have extra sides usually.We didn't like the menu choice as much as previous offerings, but the food was still interesting and well presented. It looked like downstairs could do with a lick of paint in places, but furnishings in good condition. Service was good.Special Features:
- Sunday lunchMarFerVIPDined on 24/8/2014Worth a visit. Great value Sunday lunch. The beef was divine. Great wine list. Service is impeccableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous foodtastyPTDined on 23/8/2014Delicious food and beautifully presented! Charlotte's was the perfect venue for a birthday lunch :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining in the areajrc36Dined on 23/8/2014Had a great Saturday lunch. Set menu is a bargain. Menu is imaginatively prepared and dishes exquisitely flavoured. Special diets are expertly catered for. Wines also good though a bit pricey. Eating at outside tables are lovely when the weather allows. Big thanks to Jamie and all the staff!Special Features:
- Mike.mikeDined on 21/8/2014Friendly helpful staff. Interesting and very enjoyable menu with good and reasonably priced wine list. Also next to great pub.Special Features:
- Dinner offerMarFerVIPDined on 19/8/2014The offer at Charoltes Place is great. Good food from the main menu till 1900 with an aperitif. Great service and you are made to feel welcome. Great wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealStephDined on 15/8/2014We took our friends here as a wedding present and it did not disappoint. Excellent food and very good value, the staff were extremely friendly and were able to recommend drinks and dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodloverDined on 15/8/2014Lovely restaurant which we go to now and then for special occasions. Food is always lovingly prepared, and there is always an outstanding dish - in this case there was a delicious duck leg pie. Service is also always excellent. We'd go every weekend if we didn't want to spoil it as a treat! The early diner is especially good value - £26.95 for three courses and an aperitif.Special Features:
- gorgeous eveningpeneatsDined on 13/8/2014What an amazing restaurant this is, a real find. It feels very local as it is away from the high street. The menu is small but everything looks interesting and appetizing so easy to choose. Having three courses for £32 is great, gives you free rein to just go for it! Dessert incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great locationealingHermitDined on 12/8/2014I took my girlfriend here for a birthday meal and was extremely pleased to recieve a very original and well thought out meal at a reasonable price for its high quality. The venue was lovely and made great use of mirrors and natural light to make quite a small dining area seem spacious. I would advise sitting upstairs as the basement area did not appear to have the same atmosphere (from the look of it that is, I didn't eat down there). There was a 12 or so percent service charge added to the bill (which can be removed) but the service was very good so I didn't mind, it did obviously increase the price unexpectedly though. All in all we had an excellent experience and I would definitely recommend it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Best Food in EalingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/8/2014Have been to Charlotte's Place many times and it never disappoints – great food and always interesting choices. The best food in Ealing by miles.Special Features:
- TracyDined on 9/8/2014I really like the fact the staff asked how your meal was and actually listened to your feedback. Very refreshing. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends and family.Special Features:
- Repeat CustomerBournemouthbelleDined on 2/8/2014We had the lunch menu and really enjoyed the neck of lamb with sweetbreads, absolutely delicious. Our dessert, the almond and apricot sponge with burnt honey cream was sensational! Great value with 2 bottles of complimentary water, choice of still or sparkling. The atmosphere was relaxed and the staff friendly and extremely helpful.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/8/2014Overall the restaurant is great, I just recommend to make sure you book a table on ground level not the basement room. It's nicer.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableIrishd1Dined on 25/7/2014Attended with family visiting from aboard, with six of us sitting we were able to order most dishes on the menu and didn't leave disappointed. I had the duck which was delicious but all the plates came beatifully presented and received great reviewsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charlotte's PlaceksavisitorDined on 25/7/2014Excellent service and value - great food - thoroughly enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Set menu great valueDonnamcDined on 23/7/2014We had the early dinner 3 course and an aperitif menu. Everything was delicious. Great flavour combinations and the wait staff were attentive but not overpowering. We sat outside soaking up the evening sun and view of the park. A great evening :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gorgeous food and great ambiencebruinDined on 20/7/2014If you want a good meal in a restaurant overlooking a quiet common in london look no furtherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well done Charlotte's Place!CakesDined on 17/7/2014We went for lunch in the week and the food was amazing. It was very good value for money especially as they give you free carbonated water. The service was good and it was nice to be asked for feedback at the end of the meal. This showed they valued our opinion and are keen to impress and continue to get even better. I would highly recommend the chips! They are lovely and crispy. The desserts were also lovingly prepared and absolutely delicious. Can't wait for our next visit!Special Features:
- lovely lunch in the sunshineNanaDined on 15/7/2014four of us had a lovely meal, facing the common. Service was very attentive. Food was excellent - each of us cleared our plates. Nice of portions just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDVIPDined on 10/7/2014A disappointing experience, mainly due to our table being situated in the basement, with bench seating and for most of the time we were the only customers there. Service lacked professionalism. On the positive side food and wine was good, but the meal was overpriced in relation to the overall experience.
- Consistently Good Every TimemathewgDined on 29/6/2014Charlotte's is always a superb dining experience. The menu is always excellent, and the staff are friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on Saturday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 28/6/2014Service and food very good and one waitress remembered us from our previous visit, about 6 weeks ago. She even remembered what we had eaten for our main course!Special Features:
- Tasty StyleyAdamDined on 20/6/2014The few tables outside almost feel like you are in a village as they are next to Ealing common which was lovely. Food was great but mains were small small portions. Don't go thinking one course, or two courses would be enough!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre... AgainDonksDined on 20/6/2014This is the second time I have visited the restaurant and been disappointed by the food. It has all the right ingredients - literally and figuratively - of being a great restaurant, but fails to deliver on the plate. I've heard decent things and read positive reviews, but my own experience has sadly not lived up to it. The location is nice, but there is better food elsewhere.
- Yummy but expensiveElorac55Dined on 19/6/2014A very nice meal but rather expensive. Nice to find a different range of dishes on the menu instead of the same old choices you can get anywhere. Service was very good and the dishes were nicely presented.One pleasant surprise was that the sparkling water was complimentary.Only one choice of beer on offer was disappointing.Overall would recommend a visit.Special Features:
- Lovely lunchtragichedgehogDined on 15/6/2014Had a great lunch here for my husband's birthday. The food was great and the portion sizes just right. Good selection of food and drinks and excellent service. They even put a little candle in my husband's dessert! Faultless as usualSpecial Features:
- LoveGoodFoodLoveGoodFoodDined on 13/6/2014A special place with efficient friendly staff who went the extra mile ensuring clear explanation of dishes and checking replacements when something was not suitable(dietary or taste wise). Have been before, and so pleased we have such a gem of a place locally, so was happy to use when had overseas visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinneranmaDined on 8/6/2014We celebrated a birthday and decided for Charlotte's Place through recommendation. We booked online and received confirmation and reminders including a call, so no real chance to miss the date. We enjoyed food and atmosphere quite a lot and would definitely return for special occasions. A little special attention gesture though towards the birthday child would have been the finishing touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.