Chez La Vie
92 Station Parade
Harrogate, HG1 1HQNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £25 and under
Chez La Vie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chezlavie.com/
- Phone: 01423568018
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00PM - 02:30pm Sunday: 12:00-03:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 05:45pm-10:00PM.
Earlybird Monday to Thursday bookings from 5:45pm to 7:pm . Friday& Saturday bookings from 5:45pm - 6:30 pm vacate tables by 7:45pm
Saturday, bookings at 7pm need to vacate by 9pm
OPEN SUNDAY JULY 14TH FOR THE GIFT FAIR 2013
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Tony Fulford
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Entertainment: None.
A word from Chez La Vie
A French Restaurant in the heart of Harrogate, serving mediterranean cuisine. Open for lunch 7 days a week and dinner 6 days a week.Continued
Private dining is available for up to 14 people. Early Bird Menu also available.
Private dining area for up to 30 guests
MOST DISHES CAN BE SERVED GLUTEN FREE
Private dining is available for up to 14 people. Early Bird Menu also available.
Private dining area for up to 30 guests
MOST DISHES CAN BE SERVED GLUTEN FREE
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chez La Vie reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since 4 June 2014
special occasions (87)outstanding value (63)romance (62)business meals (55)pre/post theatre (52)fit for foodies (52)group bookings (51)sunday lunch (31)good vegetarian options (15)brunch (8)child friendly (6)afternoon tea (3)Show More
- First Visit but not the Last.Love2dineDined on 4/7/2014My husband and I enjoyed a drink at the bar whilst we perused the menus. From the " Tour de France" menu my husband chose French Onion Soup followed by Entrecote with a green peppercorn sauce and declared both to be delicious. I had Escargot as these are one of my favourite starters and have to say they were very disappointing, the sauce was good but the snails themselves were tasteless and not cooked correctly. My main of Pork fillet in a creamy chestnut mushroom sauce was excellent, as were the vegetables served alongside. Service was good and waiters pleasant. The bill for the meal, bottle of good house wine and two bar drinks was a very reasonable £59.00. We will be back, but will give the snails a miss!Special Features:
- chez la vieannopinyonDined on 4/7/2014a very happy discovery in Harrogate... lovely ambience and atmosphere... excellent service... very good food and perfectly acceptable house wine (especially the white)... all in all, excellent value for money... definitely worth booking a table when in town...Special Features:
- Tres bienOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/7/2014A group of us met for dinner at Chez La Vie just before the Tour de France began in Harrogate -- appropriate, n'est-ce pas? The food was very good, the service attentive, and the venue good for talking and catching up. All in all, tres bien fait! The early bird menu is an especially good value. The website warns that diners availing themselves of that menu will be asked to vacate the table by 7:45pm, to make way for the 8pm sitting. But we were neither warned nor rushed, a credit to the good service at this restaurant. We will be dining here again and again.Special Features:
- Americans at Chez La VieYorkshireLadDined on 4/7/2014Living in Harrogate, the choice we knew would satisfy for sending our American visitors off on their last day was Chez La Vie. We have never been disappointed with the food or service, and the early doors offering is wide ranging in selection, and quite reasonable in price. The service is beyond reproach, with a steady stream of friendly smiles adding to the relaxed setting. One of our friends who is well travelled in France has said that the French Onion Soup is the best he has tasted in all of Harrogate. For the Suave De Vie, it is Chez La Vie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- early bird specialsReviewDined on 1/7/2014mixed group - 3 generations - enjoyed by all. execellent value. lamb shank was particularly popular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dineLindablandineDined on 1/7/2014We went on a lunch time for a special occasion and it was perfect. Everyone really enjoyed their food, the atmosphere, decor and ambience make it feel like a special place to eat and the staff were very good. Will go again on an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 28/6/2014Okay meal, much prefer Bistro Pierre. would not rush t o go again. Prefer Italian.Special Features:
- disappointedHgateMumDined on 28/6/2014I used to LOVE this place but on returning after a couple of years I was really disappointed. The restaurant was unbearably hot, and wasn't even a warm day - nothing worse than being uncomfortable while eating - duty managemer advised that the air con has been condemned do not in use ans the ceiling fans just wafted warm air around. Manager opened the front door to try let some air in but did no good - spend some money on getting the air con fixed! The food was ok but nothing like as good as I have had previously there, the fish cakes were dry and the sayce with them was tasteless, and the lamb was overdone. Only good thing was that the house red was exceptionally quaffable!
- Not as good as last timeAbcdineDined on 21/6/2014Served by too many different waiters. Steak cooking inconsistent. Tart desert soggy. Empty with little atmosphere. Shame as used to be great so maybe just an off night.
- Excellent foodBlackberryDined on 6/6/2014Early bird deal is great value. Service was very friendly (I've been many times before where the service has been rude and unfriendly), but this time it was very welcoming. Food was excellent quality - we had the mussels, smoked salmon, tarragon chicken, pork and toffee crumble on our table, all of which were faultless. Lively sparkling wine complemented the food. My only criticism is the decor is shabby and dark (red), but overall a great meal out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very enjoyabledoodleDined on 31/5/2014We brought relations to the restaurant for a special meal, we enjoyed the meal very much . Unfortunately there was a noisey group of diners with children, as we were dining after 8 on a saturday evening I felt this was a bit of a bad point , esp if you were on a romantic night out you wouldn't want children wandering around the tables ,like this !! We did really enjoy the food and the staff were delightful and service impecable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingWoodyDined on 30/5/2014Very quiet for a Friday night which resulted in a lack of ambience. As the waiters had nothing to do, they began to prepare for the next day which was noisy and off putting whilst trying to enjoy a romantic evening. I spoke to the Manager about this who apologised. I like to judge a restaurant by whether or not I could cook the same meal better myself and unfortunately, I think I could have. Just underwhelming.
- early birdSaturdayDinerDined on 24/5/2014The early bird meal is excellent value. 2 x 3 course meals and a bottle of wine for less than £50. The French onion soup is always superb.Special Features:
- DexterDined on 23/5/2014One of Harrogate's reliable restaurants. Always a consistently first class and good value meal. We have never been let down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ticked all the boxesMabelanneDined on 17/5/2014Our first visit on recommendation and what a great, surprise a lovely welcome nice location with our table fantastic food well presented and good service It's on our list of Resturant in Harrogate to keep returning thank you to a good team of people all pulling together Kind RegardsSpecial Features:
- Good valuePollypocketDined on 15/5/2014We have dined at Chez la Vie many times over the years and it is always excellent. We love the menu chose and the ambience and it is extremely good value for money. We shall certainly return. We hope they do not change their menu.Special Features:
- Chez la Vie Encore s'il vous plaîtjonesthephonesDined on 12/5/2014We booked an "early doors" meal < 7pm (remarkably good value). Once again we were not disappointed. Staff friendly as always and food just brilliant. Our favourite place to eat in YorkshireSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Birthday TreatHarryshaddockDined on 10/5/2014The meal was booked on a Saturday at 7pm. Warm welcome, time to sit to review menu, order taken then escorted to the table. Starters fishcake, pasta and calamari, excellent. Venison, beef, lamb and cod all superb. The desserts are to die for. Could not fault the meal at all, if I was picky and not given 5 stars it would be because you are a little close to surrounding tables, the next table had a wine cooler so we were unable to exit that way but did not distract from a lovely evening. All staff were very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodgreatfoodsDined on 10/5/2014We had a lovely evening at Chez le Vie. The food and service was very good. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as everlovetoeatandeattoloveDined on 9/5/2014A romantic meal out with my wife. Great location, wonderful food and service - can be highly recommended.Special Features:
- A perfect lunchFrancesDined on 8/5/2014My friend and I had lunch and enjoyed every moment. I had previously eaten dinner there with my husband and thought we would go there as a change from our usual venue. We were not disappointed. Everything was lovely from the welcome, via the beautifully laid tables with quality white table cloths and champagne by the glass through to the fabulous food and professional staff. We will be going there again....definitely.Special Features:
- ConsistentBrianDined on 7/5/2014We are never disappointed. Wide ranging menu, good food and service. Staff very obligingSpecial Features:
- What has happened?Mary1958Dined on 5/5/2014This has been one of our favourite restaurants over several years and we have always had a good meal here, until this visit. It was probably a bad idea having fish on a bank holiday Monday as my haddock starter was not the freshest fish I have had, but I have no idea what happened to the monkfish main course. It arrived covered in sauce but as we tried to cut into it, it turned out to be raw. Not just undercooked, but raw. It was removed and apologies given and some time later we received our main course again, this time cooked, but it was certainly nothing like the standard of the same dish we ate there a few months ago. The mains were not charged for, and you could not fault the waiting staff, but it rather spoiled the evening.Special Features:
- NicemealDined on 3/5/2014Lovely food and good selection, staff were very friendly, would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early birdemr541Dined on 1/5/2014We attended Chez La Vie for the early bird. The service was fantastic - the waiters couldn't do enough for us. The food was sublime - no scrimping on quality just because it was the early bird menu! We couldn't have asked for a better experience & would definitely recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very enjoyableJenzoDined on 26/4/2014food was very good. The restaurant was really lively with a great atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Birthday MealmargaretDined on 24/4/2014First trip here but will definitely return. Food was very good and there was plenty to choose from. It was excellent value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableGavharleyDined on 23/4/2014Chez la Vie is a reliable stand by for us. Never lets us down, the early bird menu is mainly good value and available all night most days. Food is always good and the onion soup is a must have. RecommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutHarrogateChrisDined on 19/4/2014Dinner with friends absolutely as it should be enjoyed. Had a call on the day from the restaurant to check everything was Ok with our party size/arrival time/any diet requirements. Lovely welcome on arrival. Table ready for us to sit down straight away. Nibbles provided whilst we read through a great menu & some excellent 'specials'. Good wine choice. Food was served piping hot exactly as ordered & within a good time period. Fabulous food. Nothing too much trouble for the staff. Vary happy to recommend & will be back in the near future.Special Features:
- Very goodG1T1Dined on 19/4/2014Visited over Easter and was very impressed. Lovely menu, professional staff who were efficient and friendly. Ambience very pleasant. Will definitely visit on my next visit to Harrogate.Special Features:
- Another lovely mealMagnolia21Dined on 16/4/2014Visited Chez la Vie again this week for an evening meal with a friend. Once again the main course of roast cod wrapped in parma ham was superb, full marks to the chef. My starter of Chez la Vie salad was good as always but on this occasion could have done with maybe a few less leaves and a few more tomatoes :-) Other than that, everything was lovely, including the bread that was brought to the table while we were waiting. House wine very nice, service good, what's not to like. It's one of my favourite eating places in Harrogate.
- Sunday LunchGgggDined on 13/4/2014Place very quiet. Word has got round how things have deteriorated. The roast beef was a cheap cut and the roast potatoes were like cannon balls.the veg was just ok bit what topped everything off was the gravy.i I don't know what they had put in the grabby but it tasted vile, Altogether a very bad experience Shall never go again.
- Always outstandinglittlebeeDined on 11/4/2014Can't fault them , always top of the recommendation list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chez La Vie - conveyor belt dininghdm1Dined on 10/4/2014Very disappointed with our experience at Chez La Vie. Having lived in France for over 10yrs, I was surprised that our whole evening lasted about 35 minutes! When we arrived we went to our table & our food order was taken very quickly, but we hadn't decided on wine. The waiter did not come back for our wine order, instead our starters appeared. 7 minutes in - my French Onion Soup was very good, but my husband's haddock fishcakes were tasteless. Comments about the fishcakes were dismissed by staff. 20 mins in (& too late to order wine then) - main courses were better, but peculiarly boeuf bourguinon came with chips & peas - & not homemade chips at that! We skipped pudding & went to Waitrose for a much better French dessert to eat at home.
- Good food - lovely atmosphereAAAADined on 7/4/2014I always enjoy visiting Chez La Vie - the food is consistently good and the environment is relaxed, with a great atmosphere. Good service and would recommend the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have enjoyed meals at ChezfeinschmeckerDined on 31/3/2014I have enjoyed meals at Chez La Vie for the last 6 years or more. The meals have always been excellent and very good value for money. Their move to combine the lunch menu with the 'early bird' menu was great as it offers more variety. Over the last year, however, I noticed a slight fall in standards: the bread served to start with is not the fresh, warm French baguette any longer. Unfortunately, the chocolate parfait has been removed from the menu. The 'proper' hand towels in the rest rooms have been replaced by dyson dryers. Just some minor things which used to give them a special touch of 'savoir vivre' and which I would like to see back. Don't get me wrong, it is still a great place and I will go back every time I am in Harrogate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been to Chez La Vie many timesBaldieDined on 30/3/2014Been to Chez La Vie many times but this was a disappointing Sunday lunch experience. The lamb was tough and undercooked, the roast potatoes were hard and undercooked and the gravy had a strange after-taste. Previous visits have been excellent.
- Beautiful food and the lunchSoplandDined on 28/3/2014Beautiful food and the lunch time deal was excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chill out eveningJeffersDined on 21/3/2014As always a super chill out evening with family. You just know that you are going to have great food and great service in a relaxing room and can just enjoy your evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great early eveningArtmac66Dined on 21/3/2014We visited Chez La Vie on Friday March 21st for our first evening meal of a long weekend break in Harrogate. Plenty of on street parking immediately outside, a smiley welcome and fast efficient service throughout the evening. We ate: Moules (delicious said my wife), Onion Soup (also delicious), Boeuf Bourguignon (absolutely mouth wateringly tender) and Beef Medallions (cooked beautifully). Washed down with a bottle of great value house Merlot. We could not have wished for a more pleasant meal time. The ambience was delightful - reminding us of a real French restaurant - folk taking their time and eating and chatting. At no time were we rushed and the waiting staff were courtesy itself. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.