Chino Latino - London
18 Albert Embankment
London, SE1 7TJNeighbourhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: £26 to £40
Chino Latino - London
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chinolatino.eu/london
- Phone: 02077692500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 12:00PM - 2:00PM
Monday - Sunday 6:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Werner Seebach
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Available for up to 150 patrons
- Private Party Contact: Edina Sipocz 02077692500
A word from Chino Latino - London
Chino Latino, the award winning restaurant serves contemporary Pan –Asian cuisine in striking yet informal surroundings in the heart of London’s Southbank. Food is served to share and dishes are brought steadily to the table creating an informal yet sophisticated style of eating and drinking - the best way to enjoy the taste sensation that is Chino Latino.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBusiness Meals
Chino Latino - London - Best restaurants in Vauxhall ›
Chino Latino - London reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since 23 May 2014
special occasions (70)fit for foodies (48)business meals (47)romance (46)group bookings (32)good vegetarian options (13)outstanding value (8)disabled access (8)child friendly (7)pre/post theatre (5)brunch (3)sunday lunch (3)afternoon tea (3)Show More
- Chino in LondonRhodeislanderDined on 12/9/2014We stayed at the park plaza this weekend and had dinner here. The food was excellent but our server was a bit off handish. Can't say enough about the Chilean sea bass. It was awesome complements to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Pan AsianDanieleODined on 8/9/2014Nice food and friendly staff. Very attentive about special occasion, thank you!Special Features:
- DinnerDinoDined on 29/8/2014Ambience excellent , had to wait for 10 minutes although reserved the table for 9pm. Members of staff were very polite and nice , although my drink arrived late, after wonderful starters I wanted to cancel my main , one of the waiter told me that duck has never been ordered. When my partner's main course arrived manager ( I assume) asked me if I don't want the main for sure as they actually made it . Chips arrived at least 5 minutes after the steak was delivered so we had to wait for it. At the end they charged us for the duck, waiter apologised , we checked the bill again and they charged us extra wine glass. So overall great food, great ambience, staff were friendly but not as efficient as you would expect for this type of restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good tasting menuiliketohelpDined on 24/8/2014LIKED THE MEAL AND THE STAFF WERE CHARMING but sometimes it was hard to understand the staff accent (but did not afect the overall appeal . we had the £48 tasting menu as it was our 1st visit this was great but the do come think and fast sometime before you were still eating the earlier course but when the final main arrived ( hot rock steak & fish ) these were very very good . the last course desert we ok but not as good as the rest of the menu . to sum up i would eat there again the starters and main were great but i could have left the desert as felt was a bit bland . over all 9/10Special Features:
- Anniversary mealmonkeyDined on 16/8/2014We had the tasting menus and added some extra dishes absolutely delicious lots of choice in the tasting menus and the only dish that had any negative comments was the monk fish our waitress was excellent as was the whole evening will be returning soon!Special Features:
- Chino Latino Supremo!LanderboyceDined on 3/8/2014I had been wanting to visit Chino Latino for some time and I can only say that my expectations of the venue were fully and overly met. The immediate very pleasant welcome from front of house was very sincere and made us feel so very welcome. The ambiance of the dining area would be hard to judge on a realistic basis as this was an early Sunday evening meal ,as such not a good time to pass a valid comment, however I would like to return at a busier time to feel the true vibe of the place that I'm sure exists. We chose one of the taster menus which in no way is understated. Every dish was served with such great perfection and a very descriptive explanation of the beautiful food. All in all I would recommend Chino Latino to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!SpatelDined on 2/8/2014We dined here on a Saturday night - the food and cocktails were lovely and the service impeccable. Overall a great experience!Special Features:
- Chino LatinoTammyVIPDined on 31/7/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in london for a number of reasons. Great service, where you are always remembered by staff, excellent sashimi and sushi and a lovely restaurant. Soon to move to the 1st floor of the Riverside Plaza to give diners a view over the Thames. A great hotel bar too.Special Features:
- Great food, shame about the placeSteakandstrawberriesDined on 25/7/2014Having been to the Chinos in Leeds a few times and loved it, I booked here for a special occasion on a visit to London. The food did not disappoint and the service was good but the experience was tainted by the restaurant itself, which was soulless and more like a hotel restaurant than reflecting the standard of food. The restaurant in Leeds has a wonderful dark and cosy feel whereas this one felt less intimate and pleasant. Such a shame as the food is so good but the atmosphere really let the experience down.Special Features:
- Excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/7/2014I took my husband here for his birthday. We loved the food, ended up ordering 2 lots of starters and no main although the main options looked good. Food and drink was brill! Service was a bit slow at times but overall didn't ruin the experience for us. They brought out a specially decorated cheesecake for hey husbands birthday which was a lovely touch to end to the evening. Brill location right by the river. We went on London eye after. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food FeastDCWiltsDined on 18/7/2014We booked as a group of 6 and were encouraged to choose one of the tasting menus - we chose 'Rengin' and were not disappointed. The starters and small dishes were delicious mouthfuls, especially the scallops and dumplings, followed by the tender steak and superbly flavoured sea bass. Dessert was a well presented platter of fresh fruit and ice creams which soon disappeared! Whilst the area the restaurant is located is not that inviting, once inside the staff made us very welcome and were attentive throughout. Cool decor inside, but as half empty lacked atmosphere for a Friday evening. Good value for moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodAllyDined on 12/7/2014Went to Chino Latino's for a romantic meal with my husband on a weekend break in London, both the food and service were fantastic, the wating staff were attentive and knowledgeable. We chose the taster menu and enjoyed everything that was served especially the Chilean Sea Bass and the Steak on Hot Rocks both of which were truly delicious. Would look forward to going back again and trying other dishes on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UninterestingfoodieDined on 10/7/2014Average Pan Asian food although my guest enjoyed her Sushi. Very much a casual hotel dining experience. The staff were particularly good and helpful.Special Features:
- Great serviceNic107ukDined on 10/7/2014Interesting food, although the portion sizes are a little strange. It is a sharing concept, so we ordered four small dishes and two main dishes to share amongst two of us. The small plates were huge. Very tasty though and the tempura was particularly good. Wonderful service from a sweet waitress called Darcy. She overheard my daughter saying it was my birthday and produced a dessert at the end of the evening, complete with candle, and insisted on singing at the top of her voice. Very nice touch from a friendly and pleasant girl.
- A hidden gemChrisGDined on 5/7/2014I'm a bit puzzled as to why Chino Latino isn't more well-known. The food is top notch, with a good mix of classic flavour combinations and more surprising pairings. I always find wine-matching tricky with pan-Asian menus, but at least the wine list will have something to cater to every taste, without going over the top. Staff are attentive, friendly and efficient. This helps create an atmosphere which is more relaxed and less pretentious, for the lack of a better word, compared to places like Hakkasan or Novikov. That said, something about the Chino Latino ambience feels a bit off. I can't quite put my finger on it, but the venue somehow gives off a vibe of being any average hotel restaurant rather than the special place it actually is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!nomnomnomDined on 19/6/2014The real Stuart had a lovely ambience in rich dark red colours and modern furnishings as well as being spacious. Good venue for a nice meal, a date etc. Dinners were dressed in a mix either smart casual or business suits. The food was amazing. We went for one of the 5 course set menus and it was beautiful on the plate the flavours were divine. Top class food, worth every penny. Very helpful waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amb1Dined on 14/6/2014Tasty dinner, the portions in the tasting menu were just too large and this meant that we were unable to enjoy the main course to the full.
- great hideawayElovesfoodDined on 5/6/2014service, food choice and layout are all amazing. Great choice of cocktails and nice ambiance in the eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality & quantityBobbypDined on 31/5/2014We booked via Opentable. The initial contact with the Maitre D was pleasant and we were asked if we wanted a drink in the bar area first. When we did sit down fro diner, the waiter was pleasant and helpful in taking our order. The food came very quickly and was a lot more than we expected and we struggled to eat the starter. The quality of the food was very good. Highly recommend it, but don't order to much otherwise you will not be able to have the mains, which we did not do. the Restaurant got busy and we felt we had been forgotten about, but when we did get the waiters attention, he did apologise and was quick to take our next order. Overall enjoyed the food and the ambience. Very appealing as a couple or for a group of friends.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable mealwwtladftfDined on 31/5/2014Chose Chino Latino based on favourable reviews and was not disappointed. Had a tasting menu and every item was well presented and delicious. The waitress was very friendly and service throughout the restaurant and bar was excellent. Would not hesitate to recommend and to return when back in LondonSpecial Features:
- Iovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 29/5/2014I hadn't been to chino Latino for about 3 years, but the food the other night was as good as I remembered it . Our waitor was friendly and helpful and we had a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodRagnhildDined on 22/5/2014Wonderful PanAsian food in a nice environment. Had a set menu with delicious food. The monk fish tail was perfect! Nice staff, and our Argentinian waiter Gabriel was in good control even though there were many guests to attend.Special Features:
- AmazingRaniBDined on 22/5/2014Each time I've been to this restaurant it has been an amazing experience.The ambience, the service, the staff, the food are of excellent quality. our waitress Dany was very attentive without being over the top. We had plenty of time to sit and relax. Thank you Chino LatinoSpecial Features:
- Not really the place to beCityBoyDined on 17/5/2014Went there for dinner with friends as it got some outstanding reviews on trip advisor. Location is ok, nothing special though the bar has a kind of nice atmosphere. The restaurant itself would from an architectural point of view not hit any bestseller list. Service was fine and friendly, but one shouldn't ask for advice on the wine to choose as the waiter could not suggest the right wine which would go best with the meal taken. The food was nicely presented and nice to look at which made it even more tastier. As I just said, the taste was really good, but the quantity served was limited. Not that we are big eaters, but price/quality-quantity was definitely not justified here. All in all, an average experience...unfortunately!
- LondonVIPDined on 14/5/2014After reading some of the previous reviews I was expecting a culinary extravaganza. The food was a bit hit and miss however. Some stuff was pretty good, however the wagyu beef tacitos were average at best. You could not taste the beef at all as it was smothered in guacamole - nicely presented but a total waste of great ingredients. Service was great however. With 25% off it was ok value. Not a patch on Nobu like one review suggested!!!Special Features:
- an early friday dinnergavmaz4Dined on 9/5/2014I really think this place is better than Nobu... been here 3 times.... the food is amazing - tasting menu for two is superb... they will mix and match... shame it's so far away from west end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste Explosion!QuinnionDined on 24/4/2014What a wonderful evening we had. Service was fabulous and the food to die for. We went for the taster menu and each dish was a complete taste explosion...... A total delight and we will definately be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressivelondonfamilyoffiveDined on 19/4/2014We had the tasting menu, which got better and better. Scallops were the highlight, but everything was good - even making beetroot, which I hate, passable. Desserts were beautifully presented, and service was smart, professional and neither obtrusive nor unavailable. The room is great, but, maybe inevitably for a largish hotel on the south bank, there were several single tourists dressed down and not adding to the ambiance nearby. It used to be good value when they had several toptable offers here - now it's more of a special occasion. Still, this was faultless on the important things.Special Features:
- Absolutely DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 17/4/2014This is hands down the best food I've had in London. It's not too often that I get to go to places as expensive (and I'm saying it's not worth it's value!), but I do try to get out often to try new things. Chino Latino is excellent. I wouldn't stay in the hotel as a guest where it is, but I think the hotel is awfully lucky to have such a great hotel inside... In fact, the ambience and the service is so nice, you really do forget you're in a hotel at all as soon as you are seated. My mother was visiting London from Los Angeles and LA being a place where there is a LOT of pan-Asian food, this took the cake! I can't wait to save my pennies and go back..!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best pan asian/ sushi in londongavmaz4Dined on 16/4/2014I went here on a works night out. And have to say the food is incredible..... Genuinely better than Nobu and a lot cheaper. Not the easiest of venues to get to if doing other 'west end' things. But a real taste sensation. The lobster is a mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysTozmanDined on 12/4/2014Book Chino Latino and order the tasting menu. You won't regret it. Amazing as always. Seafood to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amaxing mealberreyDined on 10/4/2014Staff were very attentive food was amazing quiet enjoyable evening, everyone enjoying their time spent.Special Features:
- Dishes with flair!FoodwithflairDined on 6/4/2014Presentation is never a disappointment. Every dish has it's own flair! The three times we have been here we have had a selection of sushi and our favourite, the duck! The staff are very helpful and professional. This is one of our favourite place to eat in London!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting food, thoughlocalfoodieDined on 21/3/2014Great tasting food, though portions were on the small side. Cocktails were inventive and delicious. Service was excellent, attentive and knowledgeable waiter. Location is just not that great so restaurant was pretty empty (especially for a Friday night) and only livened up when a group who I can only assume were staying in the hotel entered the neighbouring bar.Special Features:
- A-Mazing!tedovoDined on 13/3/2014This restaurant is like a hidden gem, being part of a hotel. We had the tasting platter, which is usually for 2 however having 3 guessed they were very flexible and made it for the 3 of us. Every one of the many courses had a wow factor, leaving us speechless at how awesome each course was. The best was the dessert which was an array of tasting experiences. Will be going back again and having mains as the blackened salmon was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favourite restaurantGGfoodDined on 11/3/2014Chino Latino has been my favourite restaurant for many years now. The food is delicious and the service is great. I will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Dining ExperienceSculptressDined on 1/3/2014I chose Chino Latino as a place to go during a weekend London visit with my Mum and sister. Their online reviews seemed excellent, and rightly so. There were 5 of us in our party, and from the moment we approached the front door, we knew it was going to be a special experience. The staff are extremely welcoming and attentive; the décor and ambience are sophisticated and stunning; the menu is extensive and intriguing. We enjoyed cocktails first; then chose one of the tasting menus and were delighted by all the different dishes brought to our table. This is the perfect venue for a special occasion, but if I lived in London I would eat here extremely regularly, special occasion or not!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chino Latino never disappointsap22VIPDined on 19/2/2014Went there many times and food quality is always outstanding. Good selection of starters and main. Will always go back for a fusion experienceSpecial Features:
- Amazing!!rajenDined on 15/2/2014The food and service was fabulous, this is my second time and still this place seizes to amaze me. good value for money for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!HelenDined on 14/2/2014Amazing food and excellent service!! The staff all went out of their way to make it a perfect valentines day meal. The atmosphere and ambience is great for couples that want a romantic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.