46 Plaistow Lane
Bromley, BR1 3PANeighbourhood:
IndianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cinnamonculture.com/
- Phone: 02082890322x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 12pm - 2:30pm, 6pm - 11pm
Sunday: 12pm - 3pm, 6pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Bhauwan Bhatt
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our catering firm - Saffron Culture
A word from Cinnamon Culture
Cinnamon Culture restaurant, the only Indian restaurant in Bromley to be recommended in the Michelin 2014 guide is the perfect setting in which to sample contemporary Indian cookery. Here you’ll taste tantalising homemade chutneys, delve in to stunning starters and enjoy the kitchen’s breathtakingly creative plated main dishes, created with one eye on the traditional and another very much on current and up and coming trends. Unusually for an Indian restaurant, Cinnamon Culture places much of its focus on its dessert menu, allowing for further inventiveness in twisting together Eastern and Western ideas. Cinnamon Culture’s décor makes the most of high ceilings and skylights with modern flock wallpaper, fishhook chandeliers and tasteful photography of Raj artefacts. A chrome and cream bar with its high stools and array of fabulous cocktails extends your evening beyond simply dining while the large garden is the setting for summer barbeques with an Indian flavour.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cinnamon Culture reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since 3 June 2014
special occasions (17)fit for foodies (14)romance (11)group bookings (7)business meals (6)sunday lunch (5)good vegetarian options (4)outdoor eating (4)disabled access (2)child friendly (2)outstanding value (1)Show More
- Good food but at a priceFeedmenowDined on 13/5/2014I travel regularly from the adjacent station and have watched this place change from failed pub to failed restaurant and now, for the last four years, we have had Cinnamon Culture. This was my first visit and I was expecting great things having taken account of the prices advertised. The food was superbly presented; quality, taste and technique were also excellent in both mine and my dining partner's meals, but there wasn't much of a "wow" factor to make it really special. The staff were polite and attentive but didn't engage with the customers. We visited on a quiet Tuesday evening and there were few other diners. Overall, it was a fine meal but at prices exceeding top end for the location and little atmosphere to encourage us back.Special Features:
- Well Worth ItRS19Dined on 17/4/2014Good food well presented, excellent wine list (and imaginative cocktails) and quiet, attentive service. A lot to like, but for Bromley it's brilliant. Definite recommend. Might seem pricey to some, but there's quality here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is it indulgent or overpriced?jpaul1973Dined on 5/4/2014I have dined at Cinnamon Culture many times and in the last year I have noticed the rise in price. It's good food, but they try to over present in by skimping on portion sizes. The cost per dish is over priced for the area and the set menus and shared deals do not work out as better value. A standard 3 course meal for two with wine will set you back an over average cost per head of £40 to £50. A nice place to dine but be prepared to pay a higher cost. In comparison to similar restaurants in the city and central London, you will get better value for the same quality in Central London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, lovely stafflil1Dined on 16/3/2014Gorgeous food, nice selection. The staff are very helpful and friendly. Decor very pleasant and clean. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value for moneyBickley6Dined on 7/3/2014Although the ambiance of the restaurant was good we felt we paid over the top for very ordinary food. It was very expensive. We decided that we would not return to the restaurant.
- Great food, and good serviceladieswholunchDined on 22/2/2014Great food, and good service made for a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration mealTraceypDined on 15/2/2014Lovely meal at the cinnimon culture once again. Excellent food and attentive service. Thoroughly recommend.Special Features:
- Fabulous again!LadyAhujaDined on 28/1/2014I keep on coming back to this restaurant time and time again, so often actually, that now I have cheekily signed on to the Open Table! I like that Bromley is quickly becoming trendy to dine in again and we no longer have to travel to Central London for a spot of fine dining. What sets Cinnamon Culture apart is the fact they are rid of snobbery of posh restaurants and treat customers as long lost friends, accommodating any request there is and we've had quite a few. By now they remember my husband is a coeliac and ad hoc visits without prior requests for gluten free meals are never a problem. Food is fab, menus original & seasonal with plenty of seafood and unusual meats, cocktails divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OVERPRICEDROBINDined on 23/1/2014We were fortunate to find the 30% off Food otherwise the bill would have been horrendous. Despite having more than enough staff for a virtually empty ( no surprise !) restuarant service was slow.We were served a Prawn starter consisting of 2 Prawns both cold and raw inside that had to be sent back. Food in no way lived up to the descriptions or cost and portions were small leaving one hungry at the end of a meal. There are far, far better Indian Restuarants in Bromey at much more sensible prices.
- Midweek MunchiesMattsterDined on 12/1/2014Enjoyed a pleasant meal again here and the food was of a high standard. the marinated chicken was lovely but needed some garnish , chutney or other accompaniment to set the plate off. My partners samosas were a hit though I stole most of the raita to eat with my lonely chicken pieces. the lam shank and sauce was delicious and the potatoe side dish and beans were good also. Better value with 30% off food midweek.Special Features:
- not it's usual high standardSam76Dined on 29/12/2013Sun 29th Dec - I have loved my previous 3 visits for special occasions but this visit was average/disappointing! Cold naans and other breads. Duck dish was not as tasty as before. Briyani was very nice. Desserts have always been below average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fab, fab, fab...Sam76Dined on 1/11/2013this place is a real find... the food is very tasty and delicate and just fab! service and staff is always friendly and very helpful... been on 3 occasions - each a special event and this place really works...food is not typical indian... the set menu was amazing... i would definitely keep this place for special occasions because it is pricer then other good indian restaurants in the area...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinnamon Culture, BromleydaniheVIPDined on 26/10/2013There have been a few posh Indian restaurants opening up in and around Bromley over the last few years. Cinnamon Culture is on of them and worth a visit. The food is delicious (so much so that I wanted to lick my plate clean), the service was good and I had Indian wine for the first time which again was delicious. The recent change to the decor makes it much warmer inside the restaurant and I will keep going back.Special Features:
- The following 87 reviews are from the Cinnamon Culture reviews archive.
- Local favouritePreynoVIPDined on 1/9/2013For a birthday celebration, we returned to our favourite Indian restaurant in the Bromley/SouthEast London area. Not as theatrical as Tamasha, not as pompous (and grossly over-rated) as Babur, Cinnamon Culture relies simply on the excellence of its food and service to support its growing reputation. The Seabass got rave reviews fro all who tried it. My son points out that it is one of the few restaurants in London with sufficient knowledge of all things good to serve Brewdog beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, little atmosphere!FoodieDined on 31/8/2013The food was lovely, well presented and fresh- with plenty of choice for meaties and veggies!! However, for a Friday night the restaurant was not even half full which meant that there was no 'buzz' about the place. Waiters and waitresses were very attentive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a shamefoodiDined on 30/8/2013Lovey food, excelent service and surrounding, BUT. the cost of the drinks was ridiculous for where the restraurant is.£21 for house wine Far too much.
- Pricey but goodTelbury58Dined on 20/7/2013The restaurant itself is very nicely decorated and the drinks area was very comfortable. However we found the menu a bit limited and whilst I enjoyed a very nice lamb biryani the company I was with did not enjoy their food as much. The bill came to over £250 for 4 which I consider to be a little pricey although we did have two bottles of wine and starter drinks. Nevertheless I think that the restaurant will soon have to reconsider both its menu and prices if it wants to compete in the local market.
- We had a very pleasant mealdinnerladyVIPDined on 14/7/2013We had a very pleasant meal at Cinnamon Culture, which had been recommended to us by our son and his wife. The staff were delightful - friendly and attentive but not intrusive in any way- and the food was good. We were dining quite early on a Sunday evening and there were only a couple of other diners, so I can't really say there was much in the way of 'ambience' but I feel sure that on a busier evening there would be a pleasant buzz to the place. It is a spacious, roomy restaurant, so I am sure we will be going back there for family gatherings in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sundridge Park's best kept secretDavidDined on 14/7/2013This is my favourite Indian restaurant. The food is exceptional, not the usual curry-house fare, and the old pub has been converted into a beautiful place to eat.Special Features:
- ExcellentcpsharpVIPDined on 6/7/2013Hugely impressed with the food at Cinnamon Culture. A limited menu selection, but what a selection. Great idea to have fewer options but guarantee the quality of each one. We'll be back. Great cocktails too!Special Features:
- Hidden gemSMitchDined on 15/6/2013A very pleasant surprise. We had a fabulous evening, the food, the ambiance, the service were all perfect.Special Features:
- East Meets WestMoase84Dined on 15/6/2013The way in which the chef manged to blend the spice from the East with the elegant dining of the West was outstanding, i loved the atmosphere of it being set in an old English pub with the right relaxing music being played at just the right level, by far one of the best Indian fusion restaurants i have been to. If you are not looking for fusion food then they have more traditional style "curry's" even if the meat they use may not be, i had the Buffalo which is similar to beef as you might expect just a tad sweeter, i was also very impressed if the spice mix used on the lamb chops complimented by the beetroot sauce brilliantly,The cocktail's slipped down very well some thing you don't usually find in an Indian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian food with a difference.michaelmDined on 11/6/2013Third visit, and it gives a wow factor every time in terms of the eclectic menu.Special Features:
- Weekday dinner.saviVIPDined on 6/6/2013I've had takeaway from here a couple of times & the food has been tasty. The restaurant was empty when we dined there. Extensive menu & tasty food but pricey. Nice cocktails. No ambience. Not sure dining in works for me. I'll stick to takeaway.
- A sure winnerREB1VIPDined on 6/5/2013Tine and tine again, this restaurant delivers outstanding food, great service and a wonderful all-round dining experience. It is by far the best pan-Asian restaurant in Bromley! We can fault it!Special Features:
- An excellent mealPeterDined on 28/4/2013We booked for an evening meal on Sunday and had a wonderful time. The food was excellent, perfectly cooked and very tasty. The food menu is interesting and different, as is the cocktail menu, without being intimidating. The service was top notch, very friendly and helpful without rushing us or being over-attentive. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern Indian CuisineCaropetDined on 6/4/2013My partner and I both love Indian food and were staying nearby to Cinammon Culture so it seemed an obvious choice for dinner on Saturday evening. The restaurant is housed in a old public house building and is done very tastefully.The menu is interesting with things like wild boar and duck. The food was very good, although we had to order 2 lots of poppadoms and my partner didn't have enough food in his main course so he polished off half of mine! The service was good and friendly - but service charge was added to the bill. Overall, a little pricey perhaps but it was all done very nicely and it was different. We may go back but, to be honest, we prefer a good old fashioned traditional kind of curry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!REB1VIPDined on 6/4/2013We are frequent visitors and every time are suitably impressed. This visit was no different. The food is superb, cooked to perfection, the naan is so good, and the service compliments. Well worth a visit if you haven't been - a real find in an otherwise disappointing Bromley foodie scene!Special Features:
- Promising Indian fine dining restauPreynoVIPDined on 30/3/2013Cinnamon Culture is a very good modern Indian restaurant in the Sundridge Park area of North Bromley. Very good - at least rivalling Babur in Brockley - but still has some way to go before it can be classed as outstanding and fully justify the prices. The rest of the family rated the fish and lamb dishes very highly, but my Syrian Beef was ordinary. Wine and beer selections were excellent; we had a very good Ned Pinot Grigio from the bin-ends list and my son was particularly impressed to find his favourite Brewdog ale. Service was excellent and the decor and layout of the converted pub are of a very high standard A little more consistency perhaps and this could be the best in Bromley.Special Features:
- Nothing specialEmmaCRDined on 20/3/2013My husband and I dined on the special menu. The portions were very small and all of the "extras" added up to make it still quite an expensive meal. The food was nice enough, but I wouldn't be eager to go back when there is Tamasha not too far away.
- Outstanding food & service as everTomashorseDined on 17/3/2013The chef here really should be in some very expensive central London place - the food is superb & just keeps improving. Bears no resemblance to standard curry house fare, as does the venue with it's beautiful decor & excellent staff. I've been several times on a Sunday evening when it is often quiet (I understand the Sunday afternoon jazz brunches & high end buffet is popular) so I can overall only say good - not outstanding, because the atmosphere is understandably a little lacking when there are only a couple of tables occupied, but that's probably not reflective of other evenings. I'd urge anyone who likes good Indian food to make a visit.Special Features:
- Lovely unusual dishesMichelleDined on 16/3/2013Eight of us went to Cinnamon Culture last saturday - we all enjoyed lovely unusual food including Buffalo vindaloo and Lobster curry. All very tasty including the starters, although we thought the starters were quite small portions. Good choice of reasonable priced wines and friendly helpful staff. The venue itself is very nicely decorated...we do recommend Cinnamon Culture and we would certainly return.Special Features:
- Exceptional Indian cuisineRM70Dined on 9/2/2013This was our 2nd visit to Cinnamon Culture and it delivered again. The food is exceptional and a long way removed from your average 'curry house'. This is very much fine-dining Indian food. The choice of ingredients is very creative and not what you might expect. The Syrain Curry prepared with buffalo was perhaps the highlight. The interior is unusual for an Indian restaurant being very light and airy, and beautifully decorated. The only downside was that despite it being a Saturday evening the restaurant was less than half full which did take a little something away from the ambience. In summary, a great evening and we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!REB1VIPDined on 2/2/2013Having been away for a while, it was good to get back to Cinnamon Culture for dinner and to see a new tasting menu as well as the a la carte. The menu is adventurous, imaginative and different from your 'every day Indian'. As always the service was sharp, efficient and friendly and the food presented en point with fresh flavours in abundance. We love this restaurant and are extremely happy to have it on our doorstep!Special Features:
- took friends to celebrateMoonaDined on 8/12/2012took friends to celebrate her 40th birthday and they and we were not disappointed. Food was excellent - especially the lamb dum briyani and the service too and it was nice they remembered us from our last visit. It is expensive but for special occasions definitely worth the treat and so will return when I have something to celebrate !Special Features:
- A little out of the ordinaryJS66Dined on 7/12/2012Fabulous food and very friendly service. The menu is interesting with a variety of dishes that I have not seen anywhere else. We were looking for a slightly more upmarket venue for a night out with clients and were very pleased to have chosen this restaurant based on other Toptable reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialMattsterDined on 1/12/2012Enjoyed our meal very much with a selection of startes and the lamb chops were excellent. The duck that came with the main courses was perfectly cooked and there was plenty of it. lovely food and wil return again but only as a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurantMannypDined on 24/11/2012Food was good though lacking a little ambience for a Saturday night and despite the emptiness, the service was not that attentive. Our guests loved the seafood mains but portion sizes are fairly modest but to be expected in higher end establishments like Cinnamon Culture. Will come back again to try the Sunday Jazz lunch as have heard good things about that and perhaps the atmosphere may be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GemMich40Dined on 18/11/2012This restaurant is deceiving from the outside, revealing a smart and very pleasant interior with great style. The food itself was very spicy, tantalising the taste buds. Had a very nice waiter that also informed us of the once a month Sunday buffet with a Jazz band, which we will definitely go back for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My son and his wife were highlydinnerladyVIPDined on 20/10/2012My son and his wife were highly complimentary about the food at Cinnamon Culture but were none too happy with the extremely slow service - they had to wait nearly 50 minutes for their main course to arrive! They did receive an apology for the delay, which was attributed to having a large party in that night, but the restaurant was not actually that full overall, so this wasn't an entirely acceptable explanation. The food was, on the whole, reasonably priced but my son felt that the charge for coffee was exhorbitant. Personally, I think the restaurant should have offered them complimentary coffees by way of apology for keeping them waiting for so long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.