9 Devonshire Square
London, EC2M 4YLNeighborhood:
IndianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cinnamon-kitchen.com/
- Phone: 02076265000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Vivek Singh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cinnamon Kitchen
Located in the striking Devonshire Square development, a short walk from Liverpool Street Station, Cinnamon Kitchen serves innovative, modern Indian cuisine inspired by the same ethos as its Westminster counterpart but in a more relaxed and informal setting. Open for breakfast as well as lunch and dinner, Cinnamon Kitchen is a genuinely unique all day dining option.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGood Vegetarian Options
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cinnamon Kitchen - Best restaurants in Liverpool Street ›
Cinnamon Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
446 reviews since 6 May 2014
business meals (258)special occasions (198)fit for foodies (179)good vegetarian options (151)romance (102)group bookings (99)outdoor eating (91)outstanding value (32)pre/post theatre (28)sunday lunch (23)brunch (18)child friendly (9)disabled access (7)afternoon tea (3)Show More
- Birthday DinnerBondo83Dined on 21/8/2014A group of nine of us went to Cinnamon Kitchen to celebrate a friend's birthday. The food was exceptional, as was the service, the waiting staff were very personable. Also, as a treat at the end of the meal they brought out a birthday dessert and a glass of bubbly each to celebrate my friend's birthday - a wonderful touch.Special Features:
- 1st time experienceoldgoat54Dined on 19/8/2014We wanted to find a restaurant with reasonable vegetarian options. The menu suggested it would tick the boxes and it did. This place is not for drunken bankers who want a conventional ruby. It is for people looking for a more refined experience. Definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Indian close to Liverpool St.JezzerVIPDined on 19/8/2014Enjoyable lunch a short walk from Liverpool Street station. I had prawns to start followed by Tandoori Monkfish which was very nice but quite steep at £25 for the (pretty small) main course. There is a very reasonable fixed price menu option at about £15 for two courses though. Quite a limited menu but good quality. Nice ambience. Not noisy so good for business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for my leaving lunchRandelissimoDined on 15/8/2014Everyone was impressed with the value from the fixed price menu. The food was very unique and tasty. Only issue was that the waiting got slow towards the end some system issue prevented our deserts orders from getting to the kitchen but honestly, no big deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodAMOCDined on 14/8/2014We quite often avail of the special offers in Cinnamon Kitchen and we thoroughly enjoyed it again this time. There was a very good choice on the special offer - four for each course and it was great value. It's especially good for vegetarian options. Good service once again.Special Features:
- Good food great locationPizaazDined on 13/8/2014The restaraunt is located in a really nice food court type area behind liverpool street, the ambience of the whole place is electric with a high transparent roof which retains the atmosphere and the buzz. The actual restaurant was really nice and has a nice open plan spacious setup. The food was good, had real taste and you could make out that a lot of different spices were used in the dishes although it wasn't spicy per-se which helped bring out the flavours. The starters were excellent and the sauces serves on the side were varying and flavoursome. The main course was good, the meat was done exactly how i wished although it could have been a bit more spicy; also the mocktails need to be improved. Verified the lamb and chicken were halal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and great goodjeremyDined on 13/8/2014Cinnamon kitchen food is amazing and the service was great. If you want some refined indian food this is the place to goSpecial Features:
- foodie56VIPDined on 13/8/2014Always delicious.Standard never slips.everyone I bring here is always bowled over by it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014Food was excellent and service was good. I will definitely recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of an Indian restaurantMontaguDined on 2/8/2014This was my last attempt at trying an Indian restaurant in London after many disappointments so part of me was skeptical. We chose the tasting menu and every course was outstanding and great value for 7 courses plus coffee at £57. The flavors, presentation and originality of the dishes were a true discovery. The Devon crab salad and tandoori deer were most memorable. The former, light and delicate and the deer soft and flavorsome. They also accommodated my lactose and gluten intolerance very well and substituted the dessert with a delicious saffron poached pear on a bed of coconut rice pudding. On my list of restaurants in London from here on!!Special Features:
- Brilliant FoodsangloVIPDined on 1/8/2014Both starters - lamb roule and vegetable stew & brioche - were very, very tasty. Followed by an excellently prepared fish dish and nice tasting chicken roules. Accompanied by a lovely cocktail. Never a disappointment when going to Cinnamon Kitchen.
- Excellent Service and Good foodfoodie57Dined on 1/8/2014This was my first visit to the Cinnamon Kitchen and it definitely will not be my last. The waiter was very pleasant and welcoming. Attentive but not intrusive. We were given a complimentary starter whilst they prepared our selection. The atmosphere was relaxing and each course was well timed. Didn't feel rushed to finish. A special thanks to Kerry who brought a selection of wine for tasting to help us choose. A lovely surprise.I recommend the fish for the main. Excellent quality food and outstanding value. The chef came for a chat when he found out that my friend had been there for a cook and tasting session. Highly recommended restaurant. The Open table offer is an excellent value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go againZahraDined on 31/7/2014Perfect place for a catch up with friends. Great food and good value with the set menu offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as alwaysGoodfoodfanDined on 29/7/2014Have reviewed on previous occasions and can only reiterate that the food is excellent, the service is friendly, professional and efficient. Sitting outside was rather noisy last Tuesday night but we were given the option of sitting inside, so can't complain!Special Features:
- good indian foodLovefoodDined on 29/7/2014good menu options, the fish and the meat dishes were all tasty and the specials were worth having. would definitely return for another business meal. The table we sat at was outside though the whole area is enclosed and makes for a good meet in the middle for alfresco dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Modern TwistBigAlDined on 28/7/2014Nice modern twist on traditional indian cuisine. Laid back atmosphere with attentive service and good quality food.Special Features:
- Eatingout1974Dined on 26/7/2014Great service and well presented good tasting foodSpecial Features:
- Cinnamon Kitchen Liverpool StreetCitySpeedsterDined on 26/7/2014Nice restaurant tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Good staff in elegant surrounds.Special Features:
- bad service with bad attitude!2eatDined on 25/7/2014It turned out we were applicable for the top table offer of starter, main and cocktail for £19 per head. This was as we were eating fairly late. Arrivied and seated on time, initially only given the normally menu, had to ask for the top table set menu. This was then given to us with by a waiter with a bad attitude. Food was above average. The issue started when we ordered the bill. Considering their was just 2 of us, receving a bill of nearly £200 came as a shock! I had to quiz the bill, they seemed adamant it was right. I had to argue the fact they are charged us full price for everything and not the top table offer. Eventually it was sorted and a bill of £105 came back to us. Won't be going back thier again.Special Features:
- ReganDined on 25/7/2014Arrived early but we were offered either to sit in the bar or go straight to the table. Menu choice is excellent with plenty of vegetarian options and service was good, timely and attentive. Food was outstanding - perfectly cooked and full of flavour. Only negative was the sound level which was a bit noisy - which could be a problem if the restaurant is very full. Overall a lovely evening for a special night out.Special Features:
- Sons Graduation DinnerDonCDined on 24/7/2014Choice of restaurant was down to him and he choose very wisely, food was excellent and most things were not that pricey to what was expected for a high end London eating house you could even find wine at sensible prices that make this a destination that is affordable as a real treat. The service was efficient, very friendly interacting with us so making the meal but without being over attentive. My local curry house is now in for a hard time having tasted these dishes!Special Features:
- Interesting!chris61Dined on 24/7/2014Too noisy to sit inside even though the air conditioning was tempting. Outside under a sunshade was better, allowing us to watch the world go by. Food really interesting, tasty and well presented. Service speedy and interested, although our bread order never materialised. Would go again when weather is less humid as menu was fresh and appealing. Drinks lovely too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect...GourmetorGormandeDined on 24/7/2014A business lunch, clients v impressed. Quiet table, fast & good lunchtime service. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant sunshine experienceTaddyukDined on 24/7/2014Good value set lunch in a nice location. Can be a bit of a greenhouse in the sun but shouldnt complain. Did have much clarity on gluten free options on the menu but food was very tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed eveningAnnaCDined on 23/7/2014Booked a table for 5 as we were with a guest from the US. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The portions were not individually huge but if you had a starter and main with some bread it was more than enough as the flavours. It was a lovely atmosphere too as the outside covered terrace is quiet if you have a later dinner. I have been to this place many times and it never fails to disappoint!Special Features:
- Lovely setting, great foodKimHDined on 19/7/2014Sat outside in the courtyard which was lovely. Great for a meal out with friends or a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dof1Dined on 17/7/2014Good food, but poor service, bordering on rude. Ordered a bottle of wine for 4 people. Staff (actually the man who appeared to be acting as a head waiter) insisted on refiling our glasses -- even though we had hardly drunk anything -- and emptying the bottle before we had been served anything -- not only tacky and rude, but an obvious ploy to try to get us to order another bottle. The same person pushed us to order more than we wanted to -- again, very rudely done and obvious. When we didn't not kowtow to his efforts to get us to order more wine and food than we wanted to, he ignored us the rest of the time we were there.
- Great on a summer eveningJonnyGrayDined on 15/7/2014I have been here a couple of times before but never on a warm summers evening. The outdoor seating is excellent and the square has a great, relaxing vibe with lots of outdoor seating from the next door bar as well. It was bustling but never overpowering or too noisy. I chose this restaurant as one of our party was vegetarian, the choice was very good and she thoroughly enjoyed the food which is often not the case if someone doesn't eat fish or meat. Great food, surprisingly good value wine and a great atmosphere. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Bad experience at Cinnamon KitchenBM12345Dined on 10/7/2014I booked the toptable offer for 6.30pm & arrived at 6.40pm. A rather haughty hostess told us we could not have the offer due to our lateness and had to order a la carte (because the Chef could no longer accommodate us). However, an hour later through our meal, some diners at a table nearby ordered off the set menu on offer!! Service was POOR - the staff employed are far too unprofessional and inexperienced. Eg We ordered desserts and both asked for the accompanying dessert wines. After 20 mins, desserts arrived, but no dessert wine. When I enquired, the waiter almost laughed at me, muffled giggles because he had no idea what dessert wine was and had to send for someone else, by which time our desserts were melted or cold. Totally put off.
- ExcellectGemmaDined on 8/7/2014Excellent, although the service was slightly too slow, we had only intended a quick business dinner that went on longer than expected because of delays with food. It was a Tuesday night and it was fairly busy.Special Features:
- Good ExperienceMarkinusaVIPDined on 8/7/2014Good tasting food from start to finish. Succulent, tender meat, spicy (but not hot) and exciting. Service is attentive but not overbearing. now been here several times and always enjoy the food.Special Features:
- Outstanding foodWorldTravelerDined on 7/7/2014Food was very well prepared and flavors outstanding. Surprisingly nice wine list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab Food!KKWADined on 2/7/2014We were a party of 10 and all bar none absolutely loved their selections. We called the restaurant to let them know that we were running about 15-20 minutes late for ouyr reservation, and they were very understanding and did not make a fuss. The only downer was that the wines are extremely expensive...they would do well to have a better selection of more reasonably priced wines.Special Features:
- Great foodJayneODined on 2/7/2014As a regular at the Cinnamon Club this was my first visit to Kitchen. Liked it better, more casual and a bit more "indian" than fine dinning with indian flavours. An excellent meal with lots of choice for our vegetarian guest. Highly recommended and would go again, the service was a was slow and nobody seemed to be overall in charge of the dinning room. Top marks to the wine waiter who was happy to change my glass of wine after he recommended something i didn't like.Special Features:
- Cinnamon KitchenkevinoVIPDined on 2/7/2014Upon arrival, even though we had booked in advance, we were told that no tables were available and instead were asked to eat at the bar. Having made it very clear that this was not acceptable, a table was miraculously discovered! The room is very noisy, particularly because the clientele seem to be exclusively 'city types' in suits who spent the whole evening talking very loudly to each other. The service was a bit slow and inattentive. This is all a great pity because the food was delicious - the front of house staff are badly letting down the efforts of the kitchen.
- great foodMillermanDined on 30/6/2014Excellent food, well presented. The taster menu is tremendous value for money. The halibut is outstanding. Excellent service by welcoming and friendly staff. A large dining area creates a somewhat noisy atmosphere. An unrealistic although impressive wine list is unnecessary and many are very expensive. As a visitor to London the only down side was that Liverpool tube station closed at about 8 : 30pm creating a problem returning to the hotel so beware!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodDazhunDined on 27/6/2014The food was a masterpiece, the tastes just kept coming, coupled with a fine bottle of wine, the eating experience was exceptional. However, as usual (I am sorry to say) it ws let down by the service, which was very slow and unattentive - however after I spoke to the manager things did improve a little - same experience as the last 3 or 4 visits there on a Friday night. Won't stop ,e going back, I just have got to have more of that food.Special Features:
- Great food but terrible serviceGingeDined on 27/6/2014The food was fantastic when we got it but the service really disappointed. After 20 minutes I had to flag down a waiter to ask to get some wine and water. After another 20 I had to do the same to ask if it was coming. The waiter have a grunt and got someone to bring it. After an hour and no food order taken I went to the front desk to find a waiter. I had to wait to speak to the manager as someone else was complaining. He then took it upon himself to serve us and gave us a bottle of wine on the house. Thankfully they also removed the service charge. The food when it came though was fantastic. Everyone's meals were delightful from starter to dessert and despite the service I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/6/2014I took my sister here for the set menu for lunch. I have been to many Indian restaurants, but this one has topped them all. Great value set menu which is the perfect amount of food, free "Berry Fizz" drink included. It was all perfectly spiced and delicious. They were busy, so the starter took a little time to arrive, so they filled the space with a free Lassi drink, nice :). Another nice touch was when the chef came out to ask us how everything was. Very highly recommended.
- Better every time!womanvfoodDined on 25/6/2014This was my 3rd visit to Cinnamon Kitchen & it was as always a total joy. We booked an incredible value menu deal (£19 for 2 courses) and the food was perfect. Every dish is expertly cooked and there is incredible attention to detail in the blends of spices and seasonings. If you haven't been yet, go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.