9 Devonshire Square
London, EC2M 4YLNeighbourhood:
IndianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cinnamon-kitchen.com/
- Phone: 020 7626 5000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Vivek Singh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: On New Year's Eve we will have a DJ from 7.00pm till 3.00am. Guests dining in the main restaurant will gain automatic free entry into Anise Bar. They will also be provided with a (digestive cocktail) token for redemption at the bar after their meal.
A word from Cinnamon Kitchen
Located in the striking Devonshire Square development, a short walk from Liverpool Street Station, Cinnamon Kitchen serves innovative, modern Indian cuisine inspired by the same ethos as its Westminster counterpart but in a more relaxed and informal setting. Open for breakfast as well as lunch and dinner, Cinnamon Kitchen is a genuinely unique all day dining option.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGood Vegetarian Options
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cinnamon Kitchen - Best restaurants in Liverpool Street ›
Cinnamon Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
448 reviews since 23 November 2013
business meals (240)special occasions (192)fit for foodies (185)good vegetarian options (145)outdoor eating (99)group bookings (95)romance (94)outstanding value (25)pre/post theatre (23)sunday lunch (21)brunch (15)disabled access (9)child friendly (9)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- TwoNorwegiansDined on 15/11/2014very good food, in a very friendly atmosphere! The waiter was very helpful and recommended the menue for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Success!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 14/11/2014My husband and I were visiting London for his birthday. My sister recommended CK as my husband and I are very keen on Indian food and wanted to go somewhere special. The staff were more than accommodating and the service was acceptional. When I booked, I included a note saying it was my husbands birthday. Well, I'm glad I did as they brought out 2 glasses of champagne and a birthday dessert with candle as a surprise! Overall a lovely evening. My only gripe is starter and main were served too quickly together with the main come out before we had finished our starter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A safe betAldgate33Dined on 13/11/2014A good ambience for a dinner with friends or colleagues. The outdoor covered area is a plus, the whole square is buzzing and entertaining. Service is attentive although at times overzealous. Cocktails are great Food choice is good and suits also who is not an indian food fan. Lovely executed dishes and small portions. You need the extras bread and sides. £45 per head for only a cocktail, shared starter, main and shared dessert with no wine. prices are geared to work funded diners which is a pity as the place is great for more casual dining with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They turned it aroundZoePrattenDined on 13/11/2014We attended this as a party of 7. It was a work outing. We were booked in at 6.30pm for the £21 three course menu with a cocktail. We were ready to order at 6.55pm and were told that it was too late for us to order from that menu and so we had to oredr from the A la Carte - much more expensive. Apparently the chef closes that part of the kitchen at 6.45pm and will not take orders for that menu after that time. We were not infomred of that when we attended, otherwise we would have booked earlier. We complained and stayed on. We orders starters and mains from the main menu and in the end we received two cocktails, a bottle of wine and complementary desserts (which were delicious). The food was very tasty - but wish we had been informed of the issues with ordering when we arrived as it did mean we spent far more than we were willing to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingDobboDined on 13/11/2014Having eaten at the sister restaurant The Cinnamon Club, I was really looking forward to my lunch at the Kitchen. Whilst the food was good, it was certainly not up to the standard of what I would expect at these prices. The tandoori chicken starter was OK, just that unfortunately, and my lamb main was a little bland. At £23 (I think) I would expect to be impressed, but I left feeling a little disappointed and maybe looking elsewhere for my next 'gourmet' Indian lunch.Special Features:
- First VisitPoppiesDined on 11/11/2014It was my first visit to the restaurant and both my friend and I found the food to be excellent. We enjoyed every dish that we selected. The service was very good, all the waiting staff were very attentive. I chose Cinnamon Kitchen based on reviews which I had read and I was not disappointed. I would certainly visit again as would my friend and I would happily recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business dinner on mondaySsKssVIPDined on 10/11/2014Great location for city, early evening business dinner on a monday and was still fairly full. Very good food options.Special Features:
- A great lunch with friendsScottishKiwiDined on 10/11/2014I took two of my friends to Cinnamon Kitchen as it is a favourite of mine and I wanted to introduce my two friends to the restaurant. We ordered from both the set lunch and a la carte menus on this visit, along with a fine bottle of Stellenbosch merlot. My friends were impressed with both the restaurant and more importantly the food. Service was faultless, yet again. Many thanks to the staff at Cinnamon Kitchen for another great visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fanatastic MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Service and food were delicious. It was a bit on the pricey side but you get what you pay for. We would definitely come here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seriously good foodAnnieWDined on 6/11/2014Delicious food, good service. However, I dislike the practice of automatically adding 12.5% service charge onto every bill as I really feel that this should be optional. I know the bill says it is is optional but at what point does the diner say they don't want to pay it without looking as if they are being tight? I am always happy to tip staff but when it is done in this way i feel as if I am subsidising their wages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Executive LunchKCLondonDined on 6/11/2014I booked the restaurant for a business lunch and was not disappointed. My guest and I were given a choice of seating, which we chose. Not long after we realised it was a bit wobbly and before we tried to make it sit, a waiter was quick if the mark and wedged some card underneath the base and fixed it. My guest and I both ordered from the A La Carte Menu. We had 3 courses and the food was extremely tasty and spicey! The only negative point was the cost of the main courses. To pay c£20 seemed somewhat excessive but on the whole the food was worth it. I would recommend this for a business lunch but not sure if suitable for a couple or family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an experienceamberandnectarDined on 5/11/2014this was the most amazing meal we have had in ages. we had come up to London to see the poppies and the restaurant was recommended to us by our son. the food is wonderful, beautifully cooked,subtle flavours, exquisitely presented. the staff were friendly and knowledgeable. we had a two hour table and that was exactly how long the meal took very helpful as we had a train to catch. however the food flowed easily to the table without us feeling there was any rush at all. we had all three courses plus appetisers and coffee. next time we are in london this is the place we will return toSpecial Features:
- Great servicespwallisVIPDined on 1/11/2014Dined early Saturday evening so the restaurant was fairly quite so the waiting staff had a little time on their hands to talk us through the menu, having said the the service levels remained very high even when the restaurant started filling up. The food they serve good, the Chef's special kebab starter to share was excellent, whilst my main of Monk fish was okay, tasty enough but overcooked so was unfortunately quite dry, my wife who ate one of the lamb dishes was happy with her choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian Elegance with a twistTrendydinerVIPDined on 31/10/2014Amazing Toptable Offer- 2 Courses with a cocktail for £19. The portion sizes were generous. The pumpkin soup with parsnip fritters were amazing. My main of the roasted hake with the lentil kedgeree was divine. My dining partner had the new Dehli Chicken curry with Basmati Rice. Amazing service and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian NewbieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/10/2014Indian food isn't my favourite but I wanted to try it anyways. Service was great and there was a lovely evening vibe. We didn't feel like we couldn't laugh and joke. Food tastes good but the portions are too small for the asking price. Breads were amazing though, best part of my meal. Not for first time Indian triersSpecial Features:
- Great food and ambience as usualKamiVIPDined on 29/10/2014This visit was fab as they had one of my favorites on the memu. I love Haleem and it was yummy. The mullet was delicious too, love the subtle flavours . The staff are very polite and they leave you alone. We enjoyed our cocktails. Will definitely return, planning to take my team there.Special Features:
- Poor serviceAsuppsDined on 22/10/2014Lovely venue and a nice surprise that you can have a table outside in October. The menu had lots of options and when it finally arrived the food was pleasant, if uninspiring. However, the service was poor. Not sure why as there seemed to be plenty of staff. Took a half hour to get our first drinks and longer to get our starters. For the prices charged, this was unacceptable. Won't be heading back.
- OverpricedEmmyDined on 21/10/2014Main dish bland but decent quality. Starter more interesting for the taste buds. Expensive for what was provided. Service very good. Ambience lively. Not rushing to go back as it would break the bank!
- Delicious interesting foodDrFHDined on 21/10/2014Really tasty food. Good vegetarian options. Service was attentative and friendly too although we did seem to have a lot of different waiters, which didn't matter. I would recommend this place. We had the set menu and it was good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Curry for LunchKevjamDined on 21/10/2014Very enjoyable lunchtime curry, light enough to enjoy in the middle of the day as opposed to an evening meal. Food was well presented with the dishes tending to the exotic end of the curry spectrum. My monkfish was excellent with just enough spice to give it a kick rather than overpower the fish. Little on the pricey side but well worth visiting.Special Features:
- A firm favouriteBalhamfoodfanDined on 20/10/2014The food here is fab, they have plenty of veggie and gluten free options which is always important to me. The staff are very helpful and know the menu inside out. I have never had a bad meal here in multiple visits. Watch out though as some of the dishes can be more on the pricey side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 24foodDined on 18/10/2014We went here for our wedding anniversary on Saturday 18th October and the service and food was wonderful. I would recommend the monkfish for main.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food....EBAADined on 17/10/2014Service could have been better but the food was excellent so would definitely return. King prawns curry was super tasty!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends gatheringDinerDined on 17/10/2014On greeting made extremely welcome. 2 of our party running late but that was no problem, offered drink a bar whilst we we waited for them to arrive. Waiter very attentive and made useful recommendations. Food was excellent, so full of flavour and tasty. Had night cap at bar with DJ playing some great sounds. We all enjoyed the whole experience and would definitely recommend. We all will be returning.Special Features:
- Great attention to detailmmonaco2Dined on 17/10/2014My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary meal @ Cinnamon Kitchen. I entered that detail in my reservation notes and the hostess greeted us by wishing us a happy anni, sat us in a quieter area of the restaurant, the servers were over the top amazing, complimentary dish from the chef and a special desert with 'happy anniversary' written on the plate. Overall is was a very good evening. The food and service were incredible. :)Special Features:
- very good but can be expensivetony224Dined on 17/10/2014Excellent food and service. Monkfish curry was fantastic. Be careful though as menu prices do not include VAT so that bill easily adds up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch instead of dinner...ScottishKiwiDined on 15/10/2014I have been a regular visitor to this great restaurant for dinners, but on my latest visit I took two of my cousins there for lunch as they were visiting London. It was my first time going to this restaurant for a lunch, but it won't be the last time. Yet again, the Cinnamon Kitchen did not disappoint and I thought the set lunch menu that all three of us decided on represented good value for money given the quality of the dishes. Fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food; short on atmosphereCrouchEnders56VIPDined on 13/10/2014Really the most amazing flavours - the food is very innovative. Service was attentive and the round table by the window was a plus. The rest of the place was like an empty school canteen and decidedly lacking in atmosphere, but it was a rainy Monday evening so probably not the best time to judge. Catching up with old friends, so we had a really enjoyable time and made our own atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Fabulous food, service shocking which was a huge shame as could be something really special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mealDiner007Dined on 11/10/2014Booked Cinnamon Kitchen for a birthday dinner. They were very accommodating to some of my guests who were expecting by providing pillows to ensure they were comfortable. The service was a bit slow and catching someones attention to get certain things was not easy. Overall the food was nice but overpriced for the portion sizes. For a group of 8 it came to around £45 each with half the group not drinking alcohol.
- The best beef curry I've ever hadsrb86Dined on 10/10/2014We've been to Cinnamon Kitchen twice and each time the food did not disappointSpecial Features:
- Brilliant!SunshineDined on 9/10/2014The staff were attentive, the food was delicious and the ambience was just right. I would definitely be going back again.Special Features:
- Dissapointing ServicegoranVIPDined on 9/10/2014This is the fourth time we visited this restaurant as we always found the food to be very good, and the service quite pleasant too. Not this time! First of all why insist on re-confirming the booking over the phone if you've already taken the credit card details with the booking (we booked for 5)? Really annoying to be rang during work hours to re-confirm the booking! As to the service on the night itself - total disaster, waiter in charge of our table came over 2 minutes after we were seated insisting that we should order immediately as we had booked a special offer which was only valid at 18:30, this was at 18:32!!! Keep this in mind if you decide to visit on special offer. We certainly will not be returning to be treated in this way.
- Great menuMJF7Dined on 9/10/2014I've been to this place before but not for a few years so it was great to see the high standards have been maintained. The menu is a lovely simple choice between six or seven beautifully put together dishes. Everything is perfectly seasoned and very tasty indeed. Calling it a 'posh curry' does not do it justice as this restaurant is a lot more than that. Great setting with the ability to eat outside even if it's not hot and sunny due to big canopy and heaters. A little overpriced but won't ever disappoint.Special Features:
- poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014It took 2 he for our main to come on a semi busy Tuesday. No apology and awful service. They also charged us for the wrong wineSpecial Features:
- Cuisine top, service poorBigbiteDined on 4/10/2014Recommended by a friend we had high expectations. We, a family with two teenagers, enjoyed the informal and casual atmosphere on a Saturday eve. The food was well prepared and the menu offers a variety of fusion-type of Indian food. However, the service was not up to the standard for such a restaurant. The waiters were not competent and could not answer any simple question related to food or drinks. And the sommelier, who recommended a bottle of white wine, made the big mistake to sell his all time favourite NZ white wine at about GBP 40 whilst we were more in favour of a Cheauteau Neuf du Pape which was offered at GBP 90. well, if you do not listen to your customers, you do less business, don't you?Special Features:
- JamesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2014Food is fantastic and it's great to be outside in the covered area of Dev terrace.Special Features:
- Second time just to checkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/9/2014We went to a wedding almost 2 years ago and loved the food. We have finally made it back and were not disappointed. Great food and setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First class food in a great settingJacsmarylandDined on 26/9/2014Have wanted to cone here for ages after seeing it in master chef and buying their cookery book. We had the chefs kitchen taster menu which was great and there were lots of interesting Indian themed dishes. They even managed to make broccoli taste great. One if the deserts was figs with tamarind and clove ice cream . Wasn't sure about this and probably would not have picked it but the figs were lovely and the ice cream was divine. The clove was very subtle . It completely lived up to my expectation and if I lived in London I would be back very soon. We sat 'outside' which is actually in a type of courtyard but enclosed all lit with candlesSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 26/9/2014lovely setting. good service. food was full of flavour. portions could be a bit more generousI would recommend this to a friend.