9 Devonshire Square
London, EC2M 4YLNeighborhood:
IndianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cinnamon-kitchen.com/
- Phone: 02076265000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Vivek Singh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cinnamon Kitchen
Located in the striking Devonshire Square development, a short walk from Liverpool Street Station, Cinnamon Kitchen serves innovative, modern Indian cuisine inspired by the same ethos as its Westminster counterpart but in a more relaxed and informal setting. Open for breakfast as well as lunch and dinner, Cinnamon Kitchen is a genuinely unique all day dining option.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGood Vegetarian Options
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cinnamon Kitchen - Best restaurants in Liverpool Street ›
Cinnamon Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
439 reviews since 21 May 2014
business meals (248)special occasions (189)fit for foodies (176)good vegetarian options (153)group bookings (98)romance (97)outdoor eating (93)outstanding value (31)pre/post theatre (28)sunday lunch (22)brunch (18)child friendly (9)disabled access (8)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- Fantastic food but faster pleaseEmpressDined on 15/9/2014We arrived at 13:00 and sadly, as it was a business lunch didnt have long! Therefore, it was frustrating to wait until 2 before receiving our mains having ordered at 13:15 and not ordered starters. That said, the food was glorious and the waitron really quite lovely. If they could only get a move on then I would definately recommend it.Special Features:
- shazDined on 13/9/2014this was my second visit taking friends for dinner. have to say choice of food on the menu and quantity was not as good as before. felt it did not really represent fair value for money and probably not likely to return or recommend. the service was slow because there had been a wedding earlier and a party in one of the function rooms.Special Features:
- Delicious food, mainlyGregDined on 13/9/2014Three of us had dinner at the Cinnamon Kitchen on Saturday evening. We've been here several times before and always enjoyed the delicious food on offer. I had the wild African prawn with coconut and lemongrass to start, and I can honestly say it was the best prawn I've ever tasted - just heavenly. The kebab sharing platter was nice. but not as special as the prawn. I then had the grilled grouse breast with game keema (minced grouse) on a bed of lentils, with pilau rice. Again flavour wise it was simply divine, as were the other two mains (prawns with coconut and saddle of lamb), though it could have been little hotter (temperature wise) - but that's a minor quibble.. All in all a wonderful meal, with great service - though it wasn't cheap!Special Features:
- Disappointing servicepavoDined on 10/9/2014Given a small round table for 8 people. Service very slow and took 35 minutes for our clients 2nd bottle of vine. No waiter asked for our second heling or extra bread or rice.Special Features:
- Great curryLikefoodDined on 6/9/2014Went for a nice relaxed evening meal, have been to Cinnamon club too, would say the kitchen is a little more relaxed and less formal. We both really enjoyed our meals. the service was great and the wine waiter still made sure he treated our wine with the same respect he would give to one of the premium bottles of wine which are several hundred pounds ( ours was only £20). I had the set menu which was fantastic value for money which also comes with a cocktail. My top tip is, no matter how uninspiring cake and ice cream/sorbet sounds just order this they do things with cake and ice cream that are truely exceptional, they really stand out from any other restaurant in flavour.Special Features:
- Andy48Dined on 6/9/2014Excellent food and service was also excellent . It was a treat for my husbands birthday and we had a wonderful evening topped off my a birthday cake a lovely touch.Special Features:
- Delicious starter, main and dessertFernsDined on 5/9/2014Excellent venue for a business lunch, choice of covered outdoors or indoors, Food was delicious, washed down with cold beer. Wish the portions were a tad larger, but left feeling full - so perhaps just being greedy! Service was quick and polite. Perfect. Would definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazingEatmeDined on 4/9/2014You have to try to believe how amazing this place is. The food is divine, presentation outstanding and attention to detail is second to none. We went for the set menu and the portion sizes were huge. My husband is vegetarian and he loved the veg options! The selection of nan breads and chutneys are fantastic. I don't understand why this place is not Michelin Star..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsSR2014Dined on 4/9/2014Great terrace outside but under cover in Devonshire Square. Good ambience. Food was light, non greasy yet very tasty. A notch above your local Indian take away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tasty food in nice settingJudyGDined on 30/8/2014Sat on the deck as it was a nice evening which had a great view of the gherkin. We had the kitchen tasting menu for £35 each which was perfect, four courses of lots of different items and I think the best value way to eat there. It's not a cheap meal, but decent value for what you getSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerBondo83Dined on 21/8/2014A group of nine of us went to Cinnamon Kitchen to celebrate a friend's birthday. The food was exceptional, as was the service, the waiting staff were very personable. Also, as a treat at the end of the meal they brought out a birthday dessert and a glass of bubbly each to celebrate my friend's birthday - a wonderful touch.Special Features:
- foodie56VIPDined on 20/8/2014always good .One of my favourites in the city everyone who eats there likes it .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time experienceoldgoat54Dined on 19/8/2014We wanted to find a restaurant with reasonable vegetarian options. The menu suggested it would tick the boxes and it did. This place is not for drunken bankers who want a conventional ruby. It is for people looking for a more refined experience. Definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Indian close to Liverpool St.JezzerVIPDined on 19/8/2014Enjoyable lunch a short walk from Liverpool Street station. I had prawns to start followed by Tandoori Monkfish which was very nice but quite steep at £25 for the (pretty small) main course. There is a very reasonable fixed price menu option at about £15 for two courses though. Quite a limited menu but good quality. Nice ambience. Not noisy so good for business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for my leaving lunchRandelissimoDined on 15/8/2014Everyone was impressed with the value from the fixed price menu. The food was very unique and tasty. Only issue was that the waiting got slow towards the end some system issue prevented our deserts orders from getting to the kitchen but honestly, no big deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodAMOCDined on 14/8/2014We quite often avail of the special offers in Cinnamon Kitchen and we thoroughly enjoyed it again this time. There was a very good choice on the special offer - four for each course and it was great value. It's especially good for vegetarian options. Good service once again.Special Features:
- Good food great locationPizaazDined on 13/8/2014The restaraunt is located in a really nice food court type area behind liverpool street, the ambience of the whole place is electric with a high transparent roof which retains the atmosphere and the buzz. The actual restaurant was really nice and has a nice open plan spacious setup. The food was good, had real taste and you could make out that a lot of different spices were used in the dishes although it wasn't spicy per-se which helped bring out the flavours. The starters were excellent and the sauces serves on the side were varying and flavoursome. The main course was good, the meat was done exactly how i wished although it could have been a bit more spicy; also the mocktails need to be improved. Verified the lamb and chicken were halal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and great goodjeremyDined on 13/8/2014Cinnamon kitchen food is amazing and the service was great. If you want some refined indian food this is the place to goSpecial Features:
- foodie56VIPDined on 13/8/2014Always delicious.Standard never slips.everyone I bring here is always bowled over by it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014Food was excellent and service was good. I will definitely recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of an Indian restaurantMontaguDined on 2/8/2014This was my last attempt at trying an Indian restaurant in London after many disappointments so part of me was skeptical. We chose the tasting menu and every course was outstanding and great value for 7 courses plus coffee at £57. The flavors, presentation and originality of the dishes were a true discovery. The Devon crab salad and tandoori deer were most memorable. The former, light and delicate and the deer soft and flavorsome. They also accommodated my lactose and gluten intolerance very well and substituted the dessert with a delicious saffron poached pear on a bed of coconut rice pudding. On my list of restaurants in London from here on!!Special Features:
- Brilliant FoodsangloVIPDined on 1/8/2014Both starters - lamb roule and vegetable stew & brioche - were very, very tasty. Followed by an excellently prepared fish dish and nice tasting chicken roules. Accompanied by a lovely cocktail. Never a disappointment when going to Cinnamon Kitchen.
- Excellent Service and Good foodfoodie57Dined on 1/8/2014This was my first visit to the Cinnamon Kitchen and it definitely will not be my last. The waiter was very pleasant and welcoming. Attentive but not intrusive. We were given a complimentary starter whilst they prepared our selection. The atmosphere was relaxing and each course was well timed. Didn't feel rushed to finish. A special thanks to Kerry who brought a selection of wine for tasting to help us choose. A lovely surprise.I recommend the fish for the main. Excellent quality food and outstanding value. The chef came for a chat when he found out that my friend had been there for a cook and tasting session. Highly recommended restaurant. The Open table offer is an excellent value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go againZahraDined on 31/7/2014Perfect place for a catch up with friends. Great food and good value with the set menu offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as alwaysGoodfoodfanDined on 29/7/2014Have reviewed on previous occasions and can only reiterate that the food is excellent, the service is friendly, professional and efficient. Sitting outside was rather noisy last Tuesday night but we were given the option of sitting inside, so can't complain!Special Features:
- good indian foodLovefoodDined on 29/7/2014good menu options, the fish and the meat dishes were all tasty and the specials were worth having. would definitely return for another business meal. The table we sat at was outside though the whole area is enclosed and makes for a good meet in the middle for alfresco dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Modern TwistBigAlDined on 28/7/2014Nice modern twist on traditional indian cuisine. Laid back atmosphere with attentive service and good quality food.Special Features:
- Eatingout1974Dined on 26/7/2014Great service and well presented good tasting foodSpecial Features:
- Cinnamon Kitchen Liverpool StreetCitySpeedsterDined on 26/7/2014Nice restaurant tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Good staff in elegant surrounds.Special Features:
- bad service with bad attitude!2eatDined on 25/7/2014It turned out we were applicable for the top table offer of starter, main and cocktail for £19 per head. This was as we were eating fairly late. Arrivied and seated on time, initially only given the normally menu, had to ask for the top table set menu. This was then given to us with by a waiter with a bad attitude. Food was above average. The issue started when we ordered the bill. Considering their was just 2 of us, receving a bill of nearly £200 came as a shock! I had to quiz the bill, they seemed adamant it was right. I had to argue the fact they are charged us full price for everything and not the top table offer. Eventually it was sorted and a bill of £105 came back to us. Won't be going back thier again.Special Features:
- ReganDined on 25/7/2014Arrived early but we were offered either to sit in the bar or go straight to the table. Menu choice is excellent with plenty of vegetarian options and service was good, timely and attentive. Food was outstanding - perfectly cooked and full of flavour. Only negative was the sound level which was a bit noisy - which could be a problem if the restaurant is very full. Overall a lovely evening for a special night out.Special Features:
- Sons Graduation DinnerDonCDined on 24/7/2014Choice of restaurant was down to him and he choose very wisely, food was excellent and most things were not that pricey to what was expected for a high end London eating house you could even find wine at sensible prices that make this a destination that is affordable as a real treat. The service was efficient, very friendly interacting with us so making the meal but without being over attentive. My local curry house is now in for a hard time having tasted these dishes!Special Features:
- Interesting!chris61Dined on 24/7/2014Too noisy to sit inside even though the air conditioning was tempting. Outside under a sunshade was better, allowing us to watch the world go by. Food really interesting, tasty and well presented. Service speedy and interested, although our bread order never materialised. Would go again when weather is less humid as menu was fresh and appealing. Drinks lovely too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect...GourmetorGormandeDined on 24/7/2014A business lunch, clients v impressed. Quiet table, fast & good lunchtime service. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant sunshine experienceTaddyukDined on 24/7/2014Good value set lunch in a nice location. Can be a bit of a greenhouse in the sun but shouldnt complain. Did have much clarity on gluten free options on the menu but food was very tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed eveningAnnaCDined on 23/7/2014Booked a table for 5 as we were with a guest from the US. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The portions were not individually huge but if you had a starter and main with some bread it was more than enough as the flavours. It was a lovely atmosphere too as the outside covered terrace is quiet if you have a later dinner. I have been to this place many times and it never fails to disappoint!Special Features:
- Lovely setting, great foodKimHDined on 19/7/2014Sat outside in the courtyard which was lovely. Great for a meal out with friends or a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dof1Dined on 17/7/2014Good food, but poor service, bordering on rude. Ordered a bottle of wine for 4 people. Staff (actually the man who appeared to be acting as a head waiter) insisted on refiling our glasses -- even though we had hardly drunk anything -- and emptying the bottle before we had been served anything -- not only tacky and rude, but an obvious ploy to try to get us to order another bottle. The same person pushed us to order more than we wanted to -- again, very rudely done and obvious. When we didn't not kowtow to his efforts to get us to order more wine and food than we wanted to, he ignored us the rest of the time we were there.
- Very nice lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/7/2014Took advantage of a lunch offer and the food was very good and excellent value.Special Features:
- Great on a summer eveningJonnyGrayDined on 15/7/2014I have been here a couple of times before but never on a warm summers evening. The outdoor seating is excellent and the square has a great, relaxing vibe with lots of outdoor seating from the next door bar as well. It was bustling but never overpowering or too noisy. I chose this restaurant as one of our party was vegetarian, the choice was very good and she thoroughly enjoyed the food which is often not the case if someone doesn't eat fish or meat. Great food, surprisingly good value wine and a great atmosphere. Highly recommended.Special Features: