9 Devonshire Square
London, EC2M 4YLNeighbourhood:
IndianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cinnamon-kitchen.com/
- Phone: 02076265000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Vivek Singh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: On New Year's Eve we will have a DJ from 7.00pm till 3.00am. Guests dining in the main restaurant will gain automatic free entry into Anise Bar. They will also be provided with a (digestive cocktail) token for redemption at the bar after their meal.
A word from Cinnamon Kitchen
Located in the striking Devonshire Square development, a short walk from Liverpool Street Station, Cinnamon Kitchen serves innovative, modern Indian cuisine inspired by the same ethos as its Westminster counterpart but in a more relaxed and informal setting. Open for breakfast as well as lunch and dinner, Cinnamon Kitchen is a genuinely unique all day dining option.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGood Vegetarian Options
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cinnamon Kitchen - Best restaurants in Liverpool Street ›
Cinnamon Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
441 reviews since 25 October 2013
business meals (238)special occasions (192)fit for foodies (179)good vegetarian options (147)romance (99)group bookings (92)outdoor eating (91)outstanding value (28)pre/post theatre (26)sunday lunch (22)brunch (15)child friendly (10)disabled access (8)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- Poor serviceAsuppsDined on 22/10/2014Lovely venue and a nice surprise that you can have a table outside in October. The menu had lots of options and when it finally arrived the food was pleasant, if uninspiring. However, the service was poor. Not sure why as there seemed to be plenty of staff. Took a half hour to get our first drinks and longer to get our starters. For the prices charged, this was unacceptable. Won't be heading back.
- OverpricedEmmyDined on 21/10/2014Main dish bland but decent quality. Starter more interesting for the taste buds. Expensive for what was provided. Service very good. Ambience lively. Not rushing to go back as it would break the bank!
- Delicious interesting foodDrFHDined on 21/10/2014Really tasty food. Good vegetarian options. Service was attentative and friendly too although we did seem to have a lot of different waiters, which didn't matter. I would recommend this place. We had the set menu and it was good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 24foodDined on 18/10/2014We went here for our wedding anniversary on Saturday 18th October and the service and food was wonderful. I would recommend the monkfish for main.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food....EBAADined on 17/10/2014Service could have been better but the food was excellent so would definitely return. King prawns curry was super tasty!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends gatheringDinerDined on 17/10/2014On greeting made extremely welcome. 2 of our party running late but that was no problem, offered drink a bar whilst we we waited for them to arrive. Waiter very attentive and made useful recommendations. Food was excellent, so full of flavour and tasty. Had night cap at bar with DJ playing some great sounds. We all enjoyed the whole experience and would definitely recommend. We all will be returning.Special Features:
- Great attention to detailmmonaco2Dined on 17/10/2014My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary meal @ Cinnamon Kitchen. I entered that detail in my reservation notes and the hostess greeted us by wishing us a happy anni, sat us in a quieter area of the restaurant, the servers were over the top amazing, complimentary dish from the chef and a special desert with 'happy anniversary' written on the plate. Overall is was a very good evening. The food and service were incredible. :)Special Features:
- very good but can be expensivetony224Dined on 17/10/2014Excellent food and service. Monkfish curry was fantastic. Be careful though as menu prices do not include VAT so that bill easily adds up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch instead of dinner...ScottishKiwiDined on 15/10/2014I have been a regular visitor to this great restaurant for dinners, but on my latest visit I took two of my cousins there for lunch as they were visiting London. It was my first time going to this restaurant for a lunch, but it won't be the last time. Yet again, the Cinnamon Kitchen did not disappoint and I thought the set lunch menu that all three of us decided on represented good value for money given the quality of the dishes. Fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food; short on atmosphereCrouchEnders56Dined on 13/10/2014Really the most amazing flavours - the food is very innovative. Service was attentive and the round table by the window was a plus. The rest of the place was like an empty school canteen and decidedly lacking in atmosphere, but it was a rainy Monday evening so probably not the best time to judge. Catching up with old friends, so we had a really enjoyable time and made our own atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Fabulous food, service shocking which was a huge shame as could be something really special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mealDiner007Dined on 11/10/2014Booked Cinnamon Kitchen for a birthday dinner. They were very accommodating to some of my guests who were expecting by providing pillows to ensure they were comfortable. The service was a bit slow and catching someones attention to get certain things was not easy. Overall the food was nice but overpriced for the portion sizes. For a group of 8 it came to around £45 each with half the group not drinking alcohol.
- The best beef curry I've ever hadsrb86Dined on 10/10/2014We've been to Cinnamon Kitchen twice and each time the food did not disappointSpecial Features:
- Brilliant!SunshineDined on 9/10/2014The staff were attentive, the food was delicious and the ambience was just right. I would definitely be going back again.Special Features:
- Dissapointing ServicegoranVIPDined on 9/10/2014This is the fourth time we visited this restaurant as we always found the food to be very good, and the service quite pleasant too. Not this time! First of all why insist on re-confirming the booking over the phone if you've already taken the credit card details with the booking (we booked for 5)? Really annoying to be rang during work hours to re-confirm the booking! As to the service on the night itself - total disaster, waiter in charge of our table came over 2 minutes after we were seated insisting that we should order immediately as we had booked a special offer which was only valid at 18:30, this was at 18:32!!! Keep this in mind if you decide to visit on special offer. We certainly will not be returning to be treated in this way.
- poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014It took 2 he for our main to come on a semi busy Tuesday. No apology and awful service. They also charged us for the wrong wineSpecial Features:
- Cuisine top, service poorBigbiteDined on 4/10/2014Recommended by a friend we had high expectations. We, a family with two teenagers, enjoyed the informal and casual atmosphere on a Saturday eve. The food was well prepared and the menu offers a variety of fusion-type of Indian food. However, the service was not up to the standard for such a restaurant. The waiters were not competent and could not answer any simple question related to food or drinks. And the sommelier, who recommended a bottle of white wine, made the big mistake to sell his all time favourite NZ white wine at about GBP 40 whilst we were more in favour of a Cheauteau Neuf du Pape which was offered at GBP 90. well, if you do not listen to your customers, you do less business, don't you?Special Features:
- JamesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2014Food is fantastic and it's great to be outside in the covered area of Dev terrace.Special Features:
- Second time just to checkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/9/2014We went to a wedding almost 2 years ago and loved the food. We have finally made it back and were not disappointed. Great food and setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First class food in a great settingJacsmarylandDined on 26/9/2014Have wanted to cone here for ages after seeing it in master chef and buying their cookery book. We had the chefs kitchen taster menu which was great and there were lots of interesting Indian themed dishes. They even managed to make broccoli taste great. One if the deserts was figs with tamarind and clove ice cream . Wasn't sure about this and probably would not have picked it but the figs were lovely and the ice cream was divine. The clove was very subtle . It completely lived up to my expectation and if I lived in London I would be back very soon. We sat 'outside' which is actually in a type of courtyard but enclosed all lit with candlesSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 26/9/2014lovely setting. good service. food was full of flavour. portions could be a bit more generousI would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply scrumptiousLovefoodVIPDined on 20/9/2014I had organised a dinner hen party and it was absolutely lovely, especially as we had a beautifully decorated private room and a very yummy set menu to choose from. The cocktails were devine too. The main chicken dish was a little dry but apart from that the food was out of this world. It's always refreshing to have Indian food with a modern twist! All the staff that attended to us were very helpful and we had a splendid evening! Next time I hope the pumpkin tart with clove icecream is available as it had run out by the time we were due dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sangloVIPDined on 19/9/2014Another excellent meal with very attentive service. Pure pleasure all round. The fusion of Indian flavours is extraordinary every time we go, with new sensations making it such a treat ! Can highly recommend.Special Features:
- Upmarket Indian mealMatilda1Dined on 17/9/2014Had wanted to go here for a while and so glad I did. Buzzing atmosphere, great food and service. Would definitely go back. Only niggle was we had the table behind a post so we had to sit side by side.Special Features:
- Great food buzzy placeRiskybirdDined on 16/9/2014Have been here many times and the set menu special offer is always brilliant value. Service wasn't quite up to standard but we met Vivek who was in the kitchen that evening so that was a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food but faster pleaseEmpressDined on 15/9/2014We arrived at 13:00 and sadly, as it was a business lunch didnt have long! Therefore, it was frustrating to wait until 2 before receiving our mains having ordered at 13:15 and not ordered starters. That said, the food was glorious and the waitron really quite lovely. If they could only get a move on then I would definately recommend it.Special Features:
- bit lackingachillesDined on 13/9/2014we ordered a glass of champagne, it was totally flat - although it was replaced as soon as we pointed it out.
- shazDined on 13/9/2014this was my second visit taking friends for dinner. have to say choice of food on the menu and quantity was not as good as before. felt it did not really represent fair value for money and probably not likely to return or recommend. the service was slow because there had been a wedding earlier and a party in one of the function rooms.Special Features:
- Delicious food, mainlyGregDined on 13/9/2014Three of us had dinner at the Cinnamon Kitchen on Saturday evening. We've been here several times before and always enjoyed the delicious food on offer. I had the wild African prawn with coconut and lemongrass to start, and I can honestly say it was the best prawn I've ever tasted - just heavenly. The kebab sharing platter was nice. but not as special as the prawn. I then had the grilled grouse breast with game keema (minced grouse) on a bed of lentils, with pilau rice. Again flavour wise it was simply divine, as were the other two mains (prawns with coconut and saddle of lamb), though it could have been little hotter (temperature wise) - but that's a minor quibble.. All in all a wonderful meal, with great service - though it wasn't cheap!Special Features:
- Disappointing servicepavoDined on 10/9/2014Given a small round table for 8 people. Service very slow and took 35 minutes for our clients 2nd bottle of vine. No waiter asked for our second heling or extra bread or rice.Special Features:
- Great curryLikefoodDined on 6/9/2014Went for a nice relaxed evening meal, have been to Cinnamon club too, would say the kitchen is a little more relaxed and less formal. We both really enjoyed our meals. the service was great and the wine waiter still made sure he treated our wine with the same respect he would give to one of the premium bottles of wine which are several hundred pounds ( ours was only £20). I had the set menu which was fantastic value for money which also comes with a cocktail. My top tip is, no matter how uninspiring cake and ice cream/sorbet sounds just order this they do things with cake and ice cream that are truely exceptional, they really stand out from any other restaurant in flavour.Special Features:
- Andy48Dined on 6/9/2014Excellent food and service was also excellent . It was a treat for my husbands birthday and we had a wonderful evening topped off my a birthday cake a lovely touch.Special Features:
- Delicious starter, main and dessertFernsDined on 5/9/2014Excellent venue for a business lunch, choice of covered outdoors or indoors, Food was delicious, washed down with cold beer. Wish the portions were a tad larger, but left feeling full - so perhaps just being greedy! Service was quick and polite. Perfect. Would definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazingEatmeDined on 4/9/2014You have to try to believe how amazing this place is. The food is divine, presentation outstanding and attention to detail is second to none. We went for the set menu and the portion sizes were huge. My husband is vegetarian and he loved the veg options! The selection of nan breads and chutneys are fantastic. I don't understand why this place is not Michelin Star..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsSR2014Dined on 4/9/2014Great terrace outside but under cover in Devonshire Square. Good ambience. Food was light, non greasy yet very tasty. A notch above your local Indian take away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tasty food in nice settingJudyGDined on 30/8/2014Sat on the deck as it was a nice evening which had a great view of the gherkin. We had the kitchen tasting menu for £35 each which was perfect, four courses of lots of different items and I think the best value way to eat there. It's not a cheap meal, but decent value for what you getSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerBondo83Dined on 21/8/2014A group of nine of us went to Cinnamon Kitchen to celebrate a friend's birthday. The food was exceptional, as was the service, the waiting staff were very personable. Also, as a treat at the end of the meal they brought out a birthday dessert and a glass of bubbly each to celebrate my friend's birthday - a wonderful touch.Special Features:
- foodie56VIPDined on 20/8/2014always good .One of my favourites in the city everyone who eats there likes it .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time experienceoldgoat54Dined on 19/8/2014We wanted to find a restaurant with reasonable vegetarian options. The menu suggested it would tick the boxes and it did. This place is not for drunken bankers who want a conventional ruby. It is for people looking for a more refined experience. Definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentwaenz2002VIPDined on 19/8/2014Once again at this favourite restaurant of mine. Will return some time soon!Special Features: