25 Old Broad Street
London, EC2N 1HQNeighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.citysociallondon.com/
- Phone: 02078777703x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday.
Lunch: 12pm - 2:30pm (last orders for food - 2.45pm)
Dinner: 6pm - 10:30pm (last orders for food - 10.45pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: English, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Jason Atherton
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Twenty Four is a unique space to hold all events. With a variety of rooms for every occasion, hosting floor to ceiling windows with breath taking skyline views of Central London.
- Private Party Contact: Chloe Benson 02078777708x
A word from City Social
City Social is operated by Michelin starred chef and restaurateur Jason Atherton, in partnership with Restaurant Associates. The restaurant is situated on level twenty four of Tower 42, the iconic skyscraper situated in the heart of the City of London. City Social is a 90 cover restaurant featuring art deco style interiors against the backdrop of the stunning London skyline. Jason Atherton and Head Chef Paul Walsh have designed a menu which features creative yet simple dishes, showcasing the best of British ingredients in a beautiful environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
City Social - Best restaurants in Liverpool Street ›
City Social reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since 5 May 2014
special occasions (131)romance (107)business meals (106)fit for foodies (87)group bookings (21)brunch (11)sunday lunch (11)good vegetarian options (9)pre/post theatre (6)disabled access (5)afternoon tea (4)outstanding value (4)child friendly (2)Show More
- Spectacular dining experienceCethaDined on 27/8/2014Every dish on the menu looks delicious and offers something inviting for veggies, carnivores and omnivores: and the reality doesn't disappoint. The service is relaxed yet attentive without being intrusive. The views of London are stunning (tip: the Bar sitting has mainly eastern and southerly views - the restaurant sitting has eastern and northerly views).Special Features:
- DAYTimeDAYTimeVIPDined on 23/8/2014Music too loud for a restaurant of this repute, beware being seated underneath the speakers. The taste of the white dish was nauseating but the chef seemed to think it was perfectly edible. However, the replacement duck redeemed this moment and the FOH staff were lovely. Appealing selection on cheese board brilliantly presented by general manager
- City SocialTheFrankenbergsDined on 22/8/2014What a way to celebrate our first year of marriage! We had wonderful meal with great service, amazing food and brilliant view of the London skyline. We were lucky enough to be given a tour of the kitchens to see the chefs hard at work. Definitely be back again and will most certainly be recommending to all our friends and family.Special Features:
- Fantastic setting and great foodGraceben123Dined on 22/8/2014Four of us had lunch at City Social on Friday and had a very enjoyable time. The setting is fantastic, food very good and the service excellent. Well worth a visit.Special Features:
- OverratedkxleatsVIPDined on 21/8/2014I had high expectations for this restaurant after hearing my friends rave about it, but it turned out to be quite mediocre. The wine selection was superb and I cannot fault that (or the nice views, for that matter). However, their risotto is incredibly over seasoned and when I spoke to the manager about it he was not very helpful about it. I only had a few spoonfuls and asked them to take it away, any other restaurant would have offered to take it off the bill but they didn't, which was very irresponsible. The tables are also positioned very close to each other so you cannot avoid having to listen to next table's conversation if they are not volume-conscious.Special Features:
- One word -- OutstandingJSWJDined on 19/8/2014From the moment we arrived to the minute we left the experience was superb. I could not fault one thing about the whole experience. The starters were fantastic--I had a risotto and my colleague the salmon. We both had the pork belly as a main course and the soufflé for dessert and these were outstanding. I would definitely return and look forward to my next visit. the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding view and delicious foodMarcelkzDined on 19/8/2014Tables in front of very nice views of London. The food was delicious and a great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experiencehandyspannerDined on 18/8/2014Great food, wine and ambiance. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Fantastic for a special occasionCatPDined on 18/8/2014I took my husband to city social for his birthday. The views really do make the experience. Service was excellent with food arriving extremely quickly. Food was delicious. Prices are what you would expect for this class of restaurant - somewhere for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/8/2014My boyfriend and I enjoyed a very nice evening at City Social restaurant. The wine was very good, and the food was fab!! It's a bit expensive, but for special occasions it's worth it!Special Features:
- Excellent views, excellent food...GuitarManDined on 16/8/2014This was my first time at City Social and I was impressed. My wife and I went post-theatre. The service is top-notch and staff are attentive to every need. We started off in the cocktail area, then moved into the restaurant for dinner. The views are outstanding and are definitely a huge selling-point. The food is also excellent, the menu consisting of 'British' foods such as lamb, steak and plenty of fish. I had a rib-eye steak which was cooked to perfection. The staff are quite formal, but as the customers are fairly relaxed in dress-code, this balances out the ambience, and my wife and I found it very easy to relax here and enjoy the views. Quite expensive, but well worth it.Special Features:
- Best lunch in the CityPabloPDined on 14/8/2014If you've been to Pollen St Social or any other of Jason Atherton's then you know the sort of standard to expect - anything but standard! The smoked salmon arrived actually smoking in it's own wooden box, wonderful. Superb all round. Spent three hours there, wish it were longer.Special Features:
- Ken WilkinsonKenWilkinsonDined on 9/8/2014My wife and I visited the restaurent on Saturday evening (9 August) and were very impressed. The view is incredible and the food is exceptional (the rabbit and the cheesecake deserve particular mention). The service was also polite and attentive and it was a very special evening. My only issue to note is that the lighting in the restaurent is very subdued, which can make it difficult to fully see the food (perhaps some candles should be on the tables?). However, we will certainly vist again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely bit of glamourASM2012VIPDined on 9/8/2014We took a friend from Australia for a special meal, this was the perfect venue, real wow factor, glamour, good service, and great food and wine. We had an extremely enjoyable evening. We found the hostess extremely considerate and helpful.Special Features:
- Great food, excellent serviceTasocahtfuDined on 9/8/2014Took the girlfriend here for her birthday, had an excellent meal with stunning view of the city. Food was great - she had fillet steak, myself a ribeye, then cheesecake for dessert. Delicious. After dinner we moved to the bar and had a few drinks, also very good. Service excellent throughout.Special Features:
- Not greatSummer2014Dined on 8/8/2014Actually a beautiful space, great potential. But some servers and the table manager were so arrogant, not sure why exactly? My fish was terrible, however my Partner was very happy with his meal. Would not go back again I'm afraid.Special Features:
- One of best in LondonpaoloDined on 5/8/2014Highly recommended. Fantastic food and service and what a view. My favourite J Atherton restaurant and certainly one of the best views for dinner in London. Special mention for the manager who really made an effort to improve our experience by moving us when a window table became free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not so great serviceFinedinerDined on 2/8/2014It was quite clear that some of the staff lacked experience and were forgetful when we asked for things. Not something l would expect from a restaurant of this quality. However, the food more than made up for the disappointing service. It was tasty and well presented and with the spectacular views over London we had a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Big brother is watching youOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014service was overall excellent but you constantly felt the staff eyes behind your back to the point it feels uncomfortable. I guess this is the policy of the owners but it should be a bit more laid back to allow the customer to relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fabulous mealSaraDined on 30/7/2014Second visit to City Social and it was absolutely as fabulous as the first time. Particular kudos to the sommelier who chose an excellent wine for us - and who I assume had something to do with the inspired wine pairing for the dessert menu. Recommendations - ask for a table by the window; go for the apple tarte tatin (for 2) for dessert and unless you're a wine master, let the sommelier pick your wine! The music in the bar is too loud - and because many of the tables have speakers directly above them, it was deafening! But we were very grateful to the waiter who found us a quieter table so that we could continue our conversation without shouting!Special Features:
- Great location, great viewsMazAustraliaDined on 29/7/2014Really liked the views. The food was great, however the staff have made an artform of avoiding all eye contact with diners except for when they approach you. This made it difficult to order an additional drink without rudely waving your hands or calling out to them, which was annoying. The view from the toilets is similar to the view at the Rooftop Bar in the Standard Hotel, Meat Packing District, NYC - love it. The bar area looks like a great place for after work cocktails and nibbles/dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing view !simonDined on 26/7/2014we booked a table next to a window to see the great view. And we had it ! it was vera beautiful !Special Features:
- Dinner with a viewDean01Dined on 26/7/2014No fuss when met on the ground floor,shown to the dedicated lift to 24 th floor.Nothing to much for the staff every request met with a smile .Food was very very good.The views from the restaurant are amazing.Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/7/2014The Restaurant has stunning views over London and the food very tasty, a good atmosphere in the Cocktail bar for an after dinner drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Fantastic ViewsRajRDined on 26/7/2014Went for a special occasion... was not one bit disappointed with my choice of venue. Food was very good and the staff were very helpful. This venue is not just for the views however it does help. Would definitely recommend this to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food, view and serviceDineLondonDined on 25/7/2014This was a very enjoyable experience and one I would love to repeat. The food is simply delicious with individual twists on traditional dishes. Meat sorced from the Lake District which is where I'm from so points there too. The steak was the best I've had in London since returning from Munich, where I believe the ultimate is to be found at Zum Goldenen Kalb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous ExperienceanneandsteveDined on 24/7/2014We dined at this marvellous restaurant this week and can't praise it enough. All the staff were amazing, the perfect balance of attention but not over fussy. The food was delicious & the best we've had for a while. Then there were the views, stunning! We would not hesitate to recommend, & can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary treatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 24/7/2014Whisked up to the 24th floor and a pre dinner mojito in the bar with amazing views . This was 16th wedding anniversary treat and it did not disappoint. Good value proseco that started the meal with a fizz followed by a little bit of theatre with the salmon start and wonderful pigs trotter and black pudding. We shared the cote du boeuf, medium as a main which was fabulous - beautifully cooked served on a plater with the bone. Service was very good both in terms of wine and for attending to our needs. We could not fit a sweet in however the waiter would not let us leave without something sweet so brought us some pralines. Views fantastic, music good and not too loud and ambience very good for an 1830 start.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jason doesn't disappointEP35Dined on 22/7/2014So delighted to see Mr Atherton hasn't lost his touch.... Truly delicious, well executed and beautifully presented food. Married with good views of the city and cool interior design this is a fab place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect End To Our Dayhag673595Dined on 21/7/2014My wife and I booked a table last minute for our 8th wedding anniversary, we arrived at 9pm and were shown into the bar lounge for a drink, the bar waiters were very knowledgable and recommended a great cocktail for my wife, The hostess then took our drinks and showed us to our table in the restaurant. The view was fantastic.. over looking The Gerkin and The Thames, What followed was a string of great waiters taking food, drink, champagne orders. The food came swiftly and with perfect timing, cooked brilliantly and tasted unreal. Later on during our desserts, the manager came over and asked us if everything was up to standard with our experience. He stayed for 3 or 4 minutes discussing the restaurant and the reopening. Over all 10 /10.Special Features:
- Great food and impressive viewsMircoDined on 19/7/2014The food served was simply outstanding... probably had one of the best beef tartare I've ever tatsed. Service was very good and attentive. There's an impressive wine list, although it's heavily skewed towards the high end of the price scale, with limited options below £40 (having said so we had a £29 bottle that was good value for money). Perfect place to celebrate a special occasion or to impress someone... just be prepared to spend £70+ per person (2 courses + wine).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingnicholasfinlayDined on 19/7/2014Top class restaurant. Sited on the 24th Floor of Tower 42, the views are stunning and this is matched by the food and the service. Arrive early and have a cocktail in the bar.Special Features:
- City SocialCharlieVIPDined on 19/7/2014A sunny Saturday afternoon in the city no doubt contributed to the lack of crowd and therefore ambience. Service was great, very polite, checked on us throughout without being intrusive. The food was thoroughly enjoyable, the lamb was cooked to perfection and the side of shepherds pie was a nice little extra. Only a few random negatives- the cutlery was very small which made it strange to eat with. The coffee arrived cold, however they were quick to replace it-so no harm done. Views were good, comparable to that of suishi samba but not quite that of the shards oblix which has the additional attraction of overlooking the river and tower bridge. The bar area was plush and vast – I would certainly go again for food and/or drinks
- Highly RecommendedGastronautGazDined on 19/7/2014We all like a nice view, this wasn't the reason for my visit, it was to sample Jason Atherton's food. To start we had the Asparagus with the most amazing poached egg that was brought to life with some peas shoots. The Tuna was fresh, light and zingy and as pretty as a picture. To follow, the John Dory with mussels exuded elegance, whilst the duck with boulangere potatoes and a cherry sauce really packed a punch. The Strawberry Souffle and Nutmeg custard tart continued the high level of cooking and each carried a little surprise in the ingredients which seems consistent in many of the dishes. Such quality doesn't come cheap and whilst you are paying Mich 1 star prices, the food is probably 80% there, with the remaining charge for the view!Special Features:
- TristanTrisDined on 18/7/20141st time here since it's changed hands. From front to back this place exudes class but it felt equally relaxing and informal. Still quite pricey but it is worth it, you can taste it though with excellent use of produce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday MealMaximoDined on 16/7/2014Booked for boyfriend's birthday on 16/07/2014. All I can say really is...thank you for contributing to a perfect evening.Special Features:
- Great addition to Atherton empireAnonVIPDined on 15/7/2014Lovely restaurant and beautiful setting. Worth while coming by to City Social. the staff were great and food well executed. Lovely addition to Atherton's restaurant collection.Special Features:
- Stunning place!JulesVIPDined on 15/7/2014I love this place! Great food, service, view and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect quality eveningTastebudsVIPDined on 11/7/2014Beautiful space, exquisite food, attentive and personable staff - a perfect special evening. :) Thank you City Social, don't change!Special Features:
- Excellent city choiceEdtedDined on 11/7/2014Amazing location - see it to believe it. Great food and great service. Wide menu choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.