25 Old Broad Street
London, EC2N 1HQNeighbourhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.citysociallondon.com/
- Phone: 020 7877 7703
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday.
Lunch: 12pm - 2:30pm (last orders for food - 2.45pm)
Dinner: 6pm - 10:30pm (last orders for food - 10.45pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: English, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Jason Atherton
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Twenty Four is a unique space to hold all events. With a variety of rooms for every occasion, hosting floor to ceiling windows with breath taking skyline views of Central London.
- Private Party Contact: Chloe Benson 02078777708x
A word from City Social
City Social is operated by Michelin starred chef and restaurateur Jason Atherton, in partnership with Restaurant Associates. The restaurant is situated on level twenty four of Tower 42, the iconic skyscraper situated in the heart of the City of London. City Social is a 90 cover restaurant featuring art deco style interiors against the backdrop of the stunning London skyline. Jason Atherton and Head Chef Paul Walsh have designed a menu which features creative yet simple dishes, showcasing the best of British ingredients in a beautiful environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
City Social - Best restaurants in Liverpool Street ›
City Social reviews from OpenTable diners
339 reviews since 23 November 2013
special occasions (253)romance (207)business meals (198)fit for foodies (172)group bookings (42)good vegetarian options (17)pre/post theatre (16)brunch (15)outstanding value (14)sunday lunch (13)disabled access (11)afternoon tea (7)child friendly (2)Show More
- Outstanding!YoannVIPDined on 19/11/2014By far one of the best resto in thespcial group (together with berners tavern). Food is marvelous, prices good value for quality. The views of the city is unique. The soufflé is a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!GabriellaDined on 18/11/2014Fantastic food, fantastic service, fantastic views! Couldn't ask for a better place to celebrate my 9 year anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding view, food and servicejshukerDined on 17/11/2014Lovely experience, not horrendously expensive, very attentive staff, my steak was perfect, overall 10 out of 10, I can't fault it. The view from the gent's loo's are spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceCelineDined on 13/11/2014I was pleasantly surprised as I had never heard about this place before and it ended up being such a good choice! The views are amazing. Staff are very attentive to your needs. The menu is very interesting and both me and my friend thought the quality of the food was of a great standard. This is now one of my favorite restaurant in London with Clos Maggiore in Covent Garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room with a viewTighruaDined on 11/11/2014The setting is spectacular The food is a delight, flavoursome, and interesting, something different. The execution of the food was execellent, presentation simple but wow, flavours distinctive and complimentary. Wine list extensive and wide ranging in priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view service just okSim76Dined on 11/11/2014Lovely looking restaurant, having a Pale Ale in a silver pewter cup was a nice touch at the bar pre-lunch. Felt a bit like the staff could not cope despite the place being only 50% full. We had to wait around 10mins just to get a menu, then another 20mins for the food. Food was nice but did not blow anyone way. The apple pie for 2 was probably the best bit!Special Features:
- Fabulous food and viewsBDS7VIPDined on 10/11/2014This was my first time dining at City Social, I opted for the Artichoke salad, lobster with duck fat chips mmm and cherry sorbet and choc sponge dessert. All dishes were superbly presented and tasted great, coupled with the attentive staff and fantastic views this made for a great place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive OperationBenCDined on 7/11/2014Dined here with the Lady Friday pm and I was very impressed. The place looks great inside and they have really maximised the use of the space and the views. Menu was interesting including the excellent cocktail choices, portion sizes were thankfully decent which is often my worry at fine dining venues and service good. All the food we had was very well prepared. Great meal.Special Features:
- Very good foodelsieb66Dined on 7/11/2014The views are fantastic - top tip: Early dinner will get you a window table. As a vegetarian I was reasonably satisfied but the 2 pasta dishes that you can have either as a starter or main, make options seem more varied. The pricing of the veg options is also proportionate to the non-veg options, which makes a nice change. There are hot and cold starters but the cold vegetarian option was a salad which is not at all interesting. There was no hot vegetarian option so I had pasta. The main was a terrine which did not use gelatine. To me that's thoughtful. Special mention for the Pistachio soufflé - amazing. Service was very friendly and not at all stuffy or overbearing. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- FabulousMariaDined on 7/11/2014I loved everything about this restaurant, from the swanky views and the cool interior, to the outstanding service and the delicious food. My only slightly negative comment would be that the food felt rather rushed. I appreciate that they wish to have as many guests as possible during an evening, but we had hardly begun to have our aperitifs, when the starter arrived. The main course arrived very shortly after the starter. Considering the very high level of the food, it would be nice to feel that it is possible to savour it. Apart from that, the entire experience was splendid.Special Features:
- NivagDined on 7/11/2014Very good. Pinch of salf for the hot smoked salmon & a more substantial option for our vegetarian would have made it perfect.Special Features:
- Great food, shame about the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2014Very nice place, amazing food but unfortunately the service was a real let down. They seem to have so many staff members wondering around yet it was impossible to get anyone's attention even to pay the bill!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerchinad0llieDined on 5/11/2014Loved the view, good service from waiters and amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A birthday to rememberAlix1204Dined on 5/11/2014STUNNING! In every sense and for every sense! The views are superb, the food was exquisit, the service was impecible and the drinks selection is perfect. This was a treat for my partners birthday and it really was a treat...and we will be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls that lunchSusieDined on 5/11/2014Superb food, superb view, superb service even though bill was a bit on the hefty sides would definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Sky high diningWhiteRabbitVIPDined on 4/11/2014What a view! Up on the 24th floor in the City, overlooking the whole of London. The food is of a very high standard, delicious...Though the tables are close together and full of men in suits. Tip: the bar is nicer setting, you can sit by the window and it's a bit more spaciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/11/2014From the 24th floor and 360 views over the city this has it all. Staff were great and we had a guided tour of the kitchen, met the chef and he signed our menu. Very special for us. The team have just been awarded (Sept2014) a Michelin star and this is reflected in the menu. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Friday dinnerLdnFBDined on 31/10/2014Came here for my boyfriends birthday and it was perfect, just enough service to be attentive, but not annoying. If you can request a booth by the window we were sitting behind them and were a little too close to the next table who happened to be speaking very loudly. Food is delicious, I recommend the steak, my other half was very pleased it came with two sauce sides and the view is lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice way to start a weekendKevlarDined on 31/10/2014Great food, great views,great venue Had a table next to the windows over looking LondonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- City SocialPandJDined on 31/10/2014A glitteringly wonderful experience. Breathtaking views, excellent service and superb food made our visit perfect. A real treat and a place to take someone if you really want to impress them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food let it down.SykeDined on 30/10/2014The place is beautiful and the view worth it. Unfortunately the food itself was disappointing. You need to be a meat lover as every meal I saw on my table or around was a large amount of meet and little else. Everyone present complained about their meal being seriously over salty. I'm not going back. That's all really.Special Features:
- Amazing food!KasiaDined on 28/10/2014The food was just amazing. Flavours and presentation. Would definately go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure how it got a star.rbtbDined on 27/10/2014The service was borderline rude and as far as I could tell the sommelier's only skill was to recommend the most expensive bottle no matter what food you were having. Having said that, my steak was excellent as was my wife's duck. However, my souffle was under cooked all the.way through and tasted really eggy! Not great for the price and reputation.Special Features:
- Lovely view, delicious foodLhdaswasDined on 25/10/2014We went for my wife's birthday for a special treat, and it definitely was that. The service was amazing, and the view spectacular. Both were only bettered by the food which was just fantastic. The only downside was the price, but it's pretty much what you would expect and you don't go somewhere like that for the value. I would definitely recommend going there for a treat if you have saved up for a while!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evebingLoveFoodDined on 25/10/2014Blown away by how perfect my evening was. Great food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special experiencewarnerDined on 25/10/2014City Social is certainly not an every day experience for me, yet is one I'm very glad I fit in to a recent weekend break. The food was exceptional and the views across London are well worth the premium price. The whole evening was a great experience and I was very impressed by the service. Close attention was paid without ever being too much. Being talked through the meal creation at each course really gave a sense of pride in the staff's work. This is a premium restaurant and well worth a visit if you want a special dining experience. Also, well worth going to the bar area post-meal for more incredible views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite view & cocktail listWhiteDined on 25/10/2014Fine dining without being too stuffy. Excellent food prepared and served to a very high standard. Would definitely recommend a drink at the bar before seating to enjoy a sunset aperitif.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HazeleyVIPDined on 23/10/2014Great location, stylish buzzing ambience, good food and service but steaks not up to scratch.Special Features:
- George from HollandgeorgefromhollandDined on 20/10/2014Went there for lunch. Try if you can get a window table as the views are pretty impressive. Not cheap but the food is stunning.Special Features:
- Great food, so-so serviceCDUBDined on 17/10/2014We enjoyed delicious meal which was only let down by the questionable service levels for a high-end restaurant. Despite being left with the wine list, we had to ask for a Sommelier, which meant food arrived before the wine. After that the waiting staff felt the need to top up the glasses after almost every sip, often leaning across the table to reach the bottle. Whilst the overall experience was good, had the service been of the standard of the food it could have been a very special evening.Special Features:
- We will return next time in LondonLadyBarbaraDined on 16/10/2014I wanted a very special place for my birthday lunch with my husband. When we entered the Tower 42 we were lead to the private escalator. After arriving the 24 th level an extraordinary beautiful young lady in a catsuit (that reminded us of a "Bond girl") showed us our table with a spectacular view of the City of London. As a starter we had chosen "scottish smoked salmon": the excellent piece of salmon was presented in a wooden box with a branch of pine and than served on a bed of celeriac spagetti and fennel. The Dorset plaice and the Dover sole that we had chosen as main dishes were of an outstandig good quality. Champaign and wine corresponded very good with the fish and the service was attentive, but not obstrusive. We enjoyed it....Special Features:
- Thinks it is better than it isJTSE10Dined on 14/10/2014City Social looks slick with its private ground floor entrance a dedicated lift to the 24th floor. The bar as you enter the restaurant looks very speak easy, and uniquely, the interior matches the views, with eye catching designs. The food portions are small, and nothing special. I have had better for less money. It looks like this restaurant has been aimed at corporate accounts where money is irrelevant.
- fantasticonatadiniDined on 13/10/2014Ambiente fantastico,cibo superlativo ,servizio attento e corteseSpecial Features:
- ExcellentLovely72Dined on 13/10/2014We really enjoyed our evening - food was delicious, service attentive and ambience intimate. Great views too! Fantastic night out - thank youSpecial Features:
- Great food long waitbristolDined on 13/10/2014It was great experience however we had to wait 35 min for our starter and another 20 min for our main course. For lunch it was too long to wait but the staff had recognized the issue and gave us a discount. Otherwise the food was excelent (once we had to eat it). Shame we had to rush through our main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michelin-starred dinner with a viewLP01Dined on 11/10/2014Walking into City Social, the first thing to take your breath away is the spectacular view across London. We went at 6pm and caught the glorious sunset over the skyline which was v special. Have a drink in the bar - well worth it. And when your table is ready, you won't be disappointed by the food. A first-rate menu and excellent food, with knowledgeable waiters and sommeliers. Perfect for a special occasion.Special Features:
- ExcellentdcandDined on 10/10/2014Extremely good food with stunning views - the service was also friendly and not over the top. Would definitely go back. Not the cheapest but the food quality is high.Special Features:
- Late LunchyummycaramelsDined on 10/10/2014We had a celebratory lunch which was a great success due to the menu choice, the presentation taste and quality of the food presented and the attentive and knowledgeable staff.Special Features:
- jadeypopsharveyDined on 8/10/2014Excellent evening - good food and views for a reasonable price.. Service could be a little betterSpecial Features:
- City Social reviewMPW73Dined on 4/10/2014This is the second time I have been to city social; the first was a business lunch the second was with my wife. The restaurant successfully delivers for both professional and personal occasions. Food and staff are excellent, the location is fantastic along with the views. A pre meal cocktail in the bar is essential.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.