25 Old Broad Street
London, EC2N 1HQNeighbourhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.citysociallondon.com/
- Phone: 02078777703x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday.
Lunch: 12pm - 2:30pm (last orders for food - 2.45pm)
Dinner: 6pm - 10:30pm (last orders for food - 10.45pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: English, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Jason Atherton
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Twenty Four is a unique space to hold all events. With a variety of rooms for every occasion, hosting floor to ceiling windows with breath taking skyline views of Central London.
- Private Party Contact: Chloe Benson 02078777708x
A word from City Social
City Social is operated by Michelin starred chef and restaurateur Jason Atherton, in partnership with Restaurant Associates. The restaurant is situated on level twenty four of Tower 42, the iconic skyscraper situated in the heart of the City of London. City Social is a 90 cover restaurant featuring art deco style interiors against the backdrop of the stunning London skyline. Jason Atherton and Head Chef Paul Walsh have designed a menu which features creative yet simple dishes, showcasing the best of British ingredients in a beautiful environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
City Social - Best restaurants in Liverpool Street ›
City Social reviews from OpenTable diners
295 reviews since 30 October 2013
special occasions (219)romance (177)business meals (175)fit for foodies (147)group bookings (35)brunch (14)good vegetarian options (14)pre/post theatre (13)sunday lunch (11)outstanding value (11)disabled access (10)afternoon tea (7)child friendly (2)Show More
- Amazing food!KasiaDined on 28/10/2014The food was just amazing. Flavours and presentation. Would definately go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure how it got a star.rbtbDined on 27/10/2014The service was borderline rude and as far as I could tell the sommelier's only skill was to recommend the most expensive bottle no matter what food you were having. Having said that, my steak was excellent as was my wife's duck. However, my souffle was under cooked all the.way through and tasted really eggy! Not great for the price and reputation.Special Features:
- Lovely view, delicious foodLhdaswasDined on 25/10/2014We went for my wife's birthday for a special treat, and it definitely was that. The service was amazing, and the view spectacular. Both were only bettered by the food which was just fantastic. The only downside was the price, but it's pretty much what you would expect and you don't go somewhere like that for the value. I would definitely recommend going there for a treat if you have saved up for a while!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evebingLoveFoodDined on 25/10/2014Blown away by how perfect my evening was. Great food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special experiencewarnerDined on 25/10/2014City Social is certainly not an every day experience for me, yet is one I'm very glad I fit in to a recent weekend break. The food was exceptional and the views across London are well worth the premium price. The whole evening was a great experience and I was very impressed by the service. Close attention was paid without ever being too much. Being talked through the meal creation at each course really gave a sense of pride in the staff's work. This is a premium restaurant and well worth a visit if you want a special dining experience. Also, well worth going to the bar area post-meal for more incredible views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite view & cocktail listWhiteDined on 25/10/2014Fine dining without being too stuffy. Excellent food prepared and served to a very high standard. Would definitely recommend a drink at the bar before seating to enjoy a sunset aperitif.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HazeleyVIPDined on 23/10/2014Great location, stylish buzzing ambience, good food and service but steaks not up to scratch.Special Features:
- George from HollandgeorgefromhollandDined on 20/10/2014Went there for lunch. Try if you can get a window table as the views are pretty impressive. Not cheap but the food is stunning.Special Features:
- Great food, so-so serviceCDUBDined on 17/10/2014We enjoyed delicious meal which was only let down by the questionable service levels for a high-end restaurant. Despite being left with the wine list, we had to ask for a Sommelier, which meant food arrived before the wine. After that the waiting staff felt the need to top up the glasses after almost every sip, often leaning across the table to reach the bottle. Whilst the overall experience was good, had the service been of the standard of the food it could have been a very special evening.Special Features:
- We will return next time in LondonLadyBarbaraDined on 16/10/2014I wanted a very special place for my birthday lunch with my husband. When we entered the Tower 42 we were lead to the private escalator. After arriving the 24 th level an extraordinary beautiful young lady in a catsuit (that reminded us of a "Bond girl") showed us our table with a spectacular view of the City of London. As a starter we had chosen "scottish smoked salmon": the excellent piece of salmon was presented in a wooden box with a branch of pine and than served on a bed of celeriac spagetti and fennel. The Dorset plaice and the Dover sole that we had chosen as main dishes were of an outstandig good quality. Champaign and wine corresponded very good with the fish and the service was attentive, but not obstrusive. We enjoyed it....Special Features:
- Thinks it is better than it isJTSE10Dined on 14/10/2014City Social looks slick with its private ground floor entrance a dedicated lift to the 24th floor. The bar as you enter the restaurant looks very speak easy, and uniquely, the interior matches the views, with eye catching designs. The food portions are small, and nothing special. I have had better for less money. It looks like this restaurant has been aimed at corporate accounts where money is irrelevant.
- fantasticonatadiniDined on 13/10/2014Ambiente fantastico,cibo superlativo ,servizio attento e corteseSpecial Features:
- ExcellentLovely72Dined on 13/10/2014We really enjoyed our evening - food was delicious, service attentive and ambience intimate. Great views too! Fantastic night out - thank youSpecial Features:
- Great food long waitbristolDined on 13/10/2014It was great experience however we had to wait 35 min for our starter and another 20 min for our main course. For lunch it was too long to wait but the staff had recognized the issue and gave us a discount. Otherwise the food was excelent (once we had to eat it). Shame we had to rush through our main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michelin-starred dinner with a viewLP01Dined on 11/10/2014Walking into City Social, the first thing to take your breath away is the spectacular view across London. We went at 6pm and caught the glorious sunset over the skyline which was v special. Have a drink in the bar - well worth it. And when your table is ready, you won't be disappointed by the food. A first-rate menu and excellent food, with knowledgeable waiters and sommeliers. Perfect for a special occasion.Special Features:
- ExcellentdcandDined on 10/10/2014Extremely good food with stunning views - the service was also friendly and not over the top. Would definitely go back. Not the cheapest but the food quality is high.Special Features:
- Late LunchyummycaramelsDined on 10/10/2014We had a celebratory lunch which was a great success due to the menu choice, the presentation taste and quality of the food presented and the attentive and knowledgeable staff.Special Features:
- jadeypopsharveyDined on 8/10/2014Excellent evening - good food and views for a reasonable price.. Service could be a little betterSpecial Features:
- City Social reviewMPW73Dined on 4/10/2014This is the second time I have been to city social; the first was a business lunch the second was with my wife. The restaurant successfully delivers for both professional and personal occasions. Food and staff are excellent, the location is fantastic along with the views. A pre meal cocktail in the bar is essential.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2014need to ask for a window view otherwise not worth it...Special Features:
- RomanticdinnerDined on 3/10/2014The food was excellent and the service generally good. I was disappointed with the drinks service as our glasses were empty for quite some time before someone brought the bottle over to fill them up. At this kind of restaurant I expext the glass to be filled up before you've ever finished it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food and atmosphereHazardsiniDined on 3/10/2014Loved the good and excellent service. Highly recommend!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing view. Great dayTheTreehouseDined on 2/10/2014Swept upon a Tower, with excellent views, city social for a busy Lunch. The sommelier helped order wine with the right meal. Nice french waiters wearing jeans, great loud atmosphere. Sourdough and white crusty bread with a stylish pot of creamed butter. To start. Yellow fin tuna; Fresh and accompanied with cucumber in a 'full bodied' sauce (14). My partner had guinea fowl terrine. Fantastic extensive variety of baby veg and flavours.(15) Mains.Mallard Special (30)(Pinot noir 2010 fox NZ) Fat rendered down to a crisp. smoked chestnuts, parsnip crisps. I had the pork loin, nero leaves, Apple textures and black pudding (26). Perfect, glossy, flavoursome.(26) (Camden iPA) Ale served in cold tankards. We finished with good espresso.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- City socialdeestructDined on 1/10/2014Wow what a view! Loved the sunset from the bathroom. Bar service and cocktails were amazing, food in the restaurant was sublime - all in all a fantastic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- City SocialChi28atDined on 1/10/2014It's a fantastic place to have dinner, the drinks are amazing and the service was also fantastic. Lovely place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KevinDined on 1/10/2014This is a very good venue for a business lunch or dinner. Nice bar area in which to wait if you arrive early and nice comfortable seating with ample spacing. The food is very well done and robust portions are served. The only issue I had was the timing of the service. We had a 13:30 reservation for lunch and were seated on time. We left the restaurant at 15:45 after having coffee but no dessert. The gaps between courses was too long and then, of course, we had to wait ages and flag someone down to receive our bill at the end. We weren't in a particular hurry but the service felt a bit unattentive. I would definitely recommend this place to friends and colleagues but beware if you are in a hurry.Special Features:
- great food, fine viewstastebuddyDined on 30/9/2014Contemporary elegant venue with fine views over the City (even from the toilets!). Our food choices were a delight to behold and to savour. One of us required 'gluten free' and was delighted to be served a proper crusty roll. We were welcomed particularly warmly (probably because a relative who works in the City Social Bar had mentioned that we were celebrating a birthday). The restaurant service was good in patches but with a couple of long gaps, particularly for ordering.Special Features:
- The food & service match the view!FerdzDined on 30/9/2014The experience begins as soon as you walk in and see the views! Attentive and knowledgeable staff, a decent wine list and food that looks as good as it tastes. The atmosphere has a buzz without being overbearing. City Social is a little gem in the centre of the city that will have you leacing woth a happy stomach, a smike on your face but won't leave a huge dent in your pocket. Great value for money. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Dining Experience!whodatbrittDined on 26/9/2014City Social was the perfect place to enjoy a fun night out on the town. The atmosphere can be described as sexy, chic and cosmopolitan. Outstanding food, wine and service. Beautiful views of the entire city of London. We felt well taken care of by the staff and enjoyed a fantastic meal. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- AB74Dined on 26/9/2014Excellent, warm and attentive service. Sparkling interiors and stunning view. Great food and wine selection. Wonderful place for birthday celebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingPikwanDined on 26/9/2014What can I say, the food was exceptional, and a lot of attention to detail. I was very impressed with the waiters knowledge on each dish. The view was amazing. When making a booking request a view of the Gerkin. As the day turns in to night you get to see the beautiful London skyline start to light up. The ladies washroom was amazing, the floor to ceiling glass wall offered even more exceptions views of London. This is defiantly a place for foodies. The only reason why I gave service 4* is due to the length of time it took to get the bill and once I got the bill it was the wrong one, which was swiftly rectified. Other than that I can not fault City Social for an amazing evening.Special Features:
- Very professional ; great locationEmpiricalOneDined on 26/9/2014Very professional ; fabulous views ; very good food ; business crowd ; excellent service.
- Great date place!Chewie211Dined on 22/9/2014I recently took my girlfriend here for her birthday and when we got to the restaurant we were promptly greeted and taken to our table. The venue itself was beautiful, dimly lit, but each table had its own lighting, so you weren't squint in at each other! We were sat by the windows, with great views over London at night! The service was good although sometimes felt a little rushed but still very friendly. And finally, the food... Great menu, both me and my girlfriend loved our dishes and it was beautifully presented!! Regardless to say, I won some MAJOR browny points that night!!! Thank you to City Social for a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 22/9/2014Went there on the 22nd of September to celebrate my wife's birthday. As other reviews claim, the portions are small. However, these "small" portions were quite filling for us (I wouldn't know about others with a more healthy appetite). Aside that, lovely food, great view, outstanding service (except one of them that acted a bit snobbish - however maybe I judged wrong). Overall, great place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lofty LunchAndrewDined on 22/9/2014Great views of the city from this lovely restaurant. The food and presentation was excellent and reasonably priced. Worth checking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionFarmerTomDined on 20/9/2014Whilst there's nothing 'social' about the prices, the service was impeccable, the food heavenly, and the setting outstanding. Great for a special occasion, but bring £80+ a head if you really want to fully enjoy it. My tip: arrive early for cocktails at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JRJRDined on 20/9/2014Always amazing, service was a bit slow this time but it;s still one of the best in town.Special Features:
- Our Anniversary dinnerWellushDined on 20/9/2014My husband and I went here for our anniversary dinner and had an absolute lovely time. We were given a semi circle table booth, which was really romantic and had a beautiful view over London. The food was amazing, the staff were ever so friendly and organised and they made our evening feel very special. I would completely recommend the restaurant to anyone, plus you have an amazing champagne bar at the top floor to finish the evening with :)Special Features:
- City SocialPTINVIPDined on 20/9/2014As a fan of Rhodes 24 I was curious as to how its new incarnation would measure up. On walking in was instantly impressed with how a great ambiance was created with well thought through table arrangements with tables at the windows, circular banquette arrangements focused on the external view and tables further in. Tho we had an inner table we still had a good view but could soak up the atmosphere, An early table meant service a bit over-attentive from a large crew but settled down once busy. Food was a good standard - highlights were the starters: a signature tuna dish and a ceps and sweetbread risotto. Mains not quite so strong (salt cod brandade a bit too salty & overpowered the fresh cod!) but great tarte tartin. Wine list was priceySpecial Features:
- Deliciousag00059Dined on 19/9/2014City Social sits amongst the sky scrapers in the city and from any angle you can see a iconic site. We were surprised to find the group tables the closest to the Windows so our view of the gherkin was uninteruppted! Our party ordered a different dish for every course and we were all so happy with our choice. Each dish presented well and tasted delicious. The earl grey souffle which was only put on the menu on the day we visited looked and tasted so impressive - a definite recommendation! We did, however, have to remind the front of house to be taken to our table after arriving early for cocktails. Alongside asking twice for more butter to never receive it, and twice for the bill. Overall, a wonderful experience and one not to miss!Special Features: