33 King Street
London, WC2E 8JDNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.closmaggiore.com/
- Phone: 020 7379 9696
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 7 days 12:00PM - 2:30PM
Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00PM - 10.45pm
Sunday 5:00PM - 10:00PM
Kindly note that we try to accommodate all requests for seating in the conservatory; however this is always done on a first come first served basis and therefore it may not always be possible to accommodate all requests.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, French
- Executive Chef: Marcellin Marc
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
A word from Clos Maggiore
Clos Maggiore is an oasis of calm in the heart of Covent Garden. Influenced by the stylish country inns of Provence and Tuscany its unique interiors create a warmth and intimacy enjoyed by both business and private parties. The conservatory has a fully retractable glass roof creating a bright and airy dining space, particularly lovely during the Spring and Summer seasons. It is transformed at night by candles, starlight and a crackling fire during the Winter months. Head Chef Marcellin Marc cooks sublime Provençal inspired cuisine with contemporary panache. Marcellin is committed to using locally sourced seasonal ingredients to create perfectly balanced menus which were awarded three AA-rosettes since 2008. Our extensive cellar at Clos Maggiore includes over 2,000 labels and was extended earlier this year to include an additional 400 wines at a low – mid price range. We are very proud to have been awarded the “Best of Award of Excellence” consistently since 2003 by Wine Spectator.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Clos Maggiore - Best restaurants in Covent Garden ›
Clos Maggiore reviews from OpenTable diners
1561 reviews since 22 November 2013
romance (1176)special occasions (1173)pre/post theatre (719)fit for foodies (648)business meals (280)outstanding value (278)sunday lunch (189)good vegetarian options (151)group bookings (61)afternoon tea (42)brunch (33)outdoor eating (29)child friendly (11)disabled access (3)Show More
- Lovely meal for special occasionMissyDined on 19/11/2014Special occasion treat. Excellent service. Staff very friendly and attentive but not too much. Pork cheeks were divine. Sides lovely and fresh tasting, especially the spinach. Apple desert mmm. And as it was special occasion much to my surprise a congratulations had been piped onto our plates in chocolate. Very touched how much the place wanted our night out to be special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a speical occasionLouisaDined on 19/11/2014Lovely place, I have wanted to go for some time and it didn't disappoint the food was delicious and the staff were excellent. Book far in advance to secure a table in the conservatory it's beautiful.Special Features:
- One of the best restaurants I have been to!DuckingDuck13Dined on 19/11/2014Gorgeous and cosy restaurant in the middle of Covent Garden with top quality service and gorgeous food. I took my husband for his birthday dinner and went for pre-theatre set menu option which worked out very cost efficiently. We have both agreed that this is without a doubt one of the best restaurants we have visited and we do go out a lot. I have already recommended it to lots of my friends and hope to come back there soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clos MaggioreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/11/2014Staff were absolutely outstanding - never had service even close to it. Had the Wagyu beef for the main - wasn't as good as expected. Incredibly romantic. If you were going to fall in love with someone though, it'd be here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top DrawerSullyDined on 18/11/2014Great atmosphere - a cosy welcoming place. Excellent food, plenty of wines by the glass and a really helpful sommelier who chose wines that perfectly complemented the food - recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday TreatDoubleDevonsDined on 16/11/2014My husband took me here for a birthday treat. I was blown away by the experience. I imagine that it is always a beautiful restaurant to visit but when we visited it was decorated for Christmas and looked out of this world. The food and the service were great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience of my life!!LeePattersonDined on 15/11/2014I booked this restaurant for my girlfriends birthday after deliberating on quite a few choices and am really glad I did. Every single aspect was above my already high expectations. The decor and service is like I've never seen before and the food was the best I've ever had. Im lucky in my career to get to fly around the world and try some of the best foods from around the world but this is the highlight for me. If you would like to dine in London for a special occasion I wouldn't hesitate to book this restaurant you will not be sad. The wine list is huge and have such a range from £20 to thousands of pounds a bottle. The service from all the staff is exceptional, its like being in a four seasons hotel on steroids. everyone welcomes you even the bar staff. I cannot believe how reasonable the prices are also considering the location and quality of experience. 7 Star Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A romantic pre-theatre treat!rhinoDined on 14/11/2014We booked well in advance and requested a table in the conservatory. We were elated to find on arrival that this had been granted. The conservatory is jaw-dropping especially with the additions of the Christmas decorations. We had the most wonderful meal from start to finish. My wife chose from the pre-theatre menu and I ordered from the a la carte as the price difference was minimal. The food was perfect, my duck was cooked perfectly. We had lovely cocktails before our meal and the wine was not extortionate considering the level of restaurant you're in, as long as you put the time in to finding it in the 'bible' of options! We won't hesitate to dine here again for a special occasion as it is everything a romantic night our with a loved one should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4th visit and one we always enjoyTerryDined on 14/11/2014Superb serviece ambience one to recommend to friends already planning next visirSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning meal - highly recommend!JuliaSDined on 13/11/2014My boyfriend and I did the tasting menu with matching wines... wow, an absolutely amazing meal. The food was phenomenal, ambience is like your own oasis... the service was so friendly and relaxed. It's great value for what it is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for TwoSomebodysSpecialPersonDined on 13/11/2014Great place for a special treat, waiting staff were informative and attentive, and the table in the conservatory was fantastic as the roof decoration and fireplace add to the occasion.Special Features:
- A Wonderful SurprisePhilRDined on 13/11/2014I had heard that Clos Maggiore was a special place but had not expected it to be so intimate, beautifully decorated and welcoming. An extra bonus was the Christmas decorations. The quality of the food was also a revelation. We had eaten at The I** earlier in the week and it was of course top notch as you would expect. Clos Maggiore was just that little bit more special. Service was also immaculate.Very handy for the Opera House, The Colisseum and several theatres. A real gem. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An experience to savourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/11/2014Simply a lovely place in which to share a romantic evening. Perhaps a little cramped, but then intimate and delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just excellentWallonieDined on 9/11/2014We came for the second time ; close to the fire place between flowers in a cosy atmosphere and loved our evening again. We are found of the capionatta and the wagiu beef. The service is kind, discret and natural at the same time. The only regret is the need to book so long in advance to get a table. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sheer heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014The most romantic setting for a meal we have ever had and the restaurant is tastefully decorated for Christmas. Exceeded our expectations especially as we were lucky enough to be seated in the courtyard. Staff attentive but not intrusive. Food to die for. Varied menu choices and a fabulous wine list. A great experience after seeing a fantastic show for our 25th anniversary. We will definately return; a rare find for London dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectioncbnthfcDined on 8/11/2014This is THE PLACE to go to impress any woman. Book well in advance to be sat in the conservatory area and you won't go wrong. I've not had better service anywhere and will keep going back time and time again. The wine list is amazing also. If you are thinking of going here then stop thinking and just book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingYouarewhatyoueatDined on 7/11/2014Wasn't quite the table we expected but I've heard you have to book in advance to have a table in the conservatory. Saying that we could not fault the table we had. Overall the service was outstanding the staff had very good knowledge of the wines on the wine list. Food was also amazing loved every part of the dining experience. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceJac4foodDined on 7/11/2014Beautiful restaurant, wonderful food and very attentive service. We would definitely recommend Clos Maggiore and will return in the future.Special Features:
- WonderfulboyadjyDined on 6/11/2014Wonderful experience. Highly recommended. Most romantic place i've seen for a while, in the perfect central district of London.Special Features:
- excellent!girlDined on 6/11/2014we had the tasting menu. 4mains plus dessert. the servings were just right. they seem like not enough but at the end of the whole course, you'll end up popping a button or two. there was an optional cheese and biscuit course but we decided to skip it as we don't have enough room to stuff it in. the waiters were very prompt, attentive, and knowledgeable. we don't even have to wait for them to come to our table and serve the next dish. as if they have psychic powers. haha! the ambience was so cosy. as if i was in a home of a posh person. definitely a must visit for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faultless for a special occasioncolliersfoodDined on 5/11/2014I chose this restaurant for our anniversary meal based on reviews citing the lovely setting and great service. To this I can add beautifully prepared food and an amazing wine list, which all contributed to a perfect evening.Special Features:
- ClaphamClaphamDined on 5/11/2014My wife and I took a friend for a pre-theatre birthday dinner. She was thrilled with the food, wine, ambience and service as we were but I was also pleased with the value! We go often and it never fails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ambience award goes to...KazakhDined on 4/11/2014Clos Magiore! My mrs and I loved the room with the fireplace, flowers and lamps. Sophisticated and cozy. Food and the selection of wine was great as well! Definitely going back for a special occasion :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good option for a dinner.Juliana1977Dined on 3/11/2014Good service and food. Lovely ambience and amazing wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely PreTheater Dining ExperienceJodyDined on 3/11/2014In London for our anniversary, lhad dinner and a show. The pre-theater menu was absolutely great, and the staff made sure we were fedd in a prompt but not rushed pace. The food was excellent, the entire experience was delightful.Special Features:
- BlackvelvetDined on 2/11/2014The staff was very kind and friendly. The food was excellent and the atmosphere of the restaurant was amazing. I definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingVendeDined on 2/11/2014We had a lovely and romantic dinner, perfect service, wonderful food. We loved that dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but some issuesChappersDined on 2/11/2014Really good food, friendly service and great atmosphere - perfect for couples. Requested to sit in the conservatory (this is the place to sit) but this wasn't fulfilled so slightly disappointed - it appears there is never a guarantee of being seated there. Wine is quite expensive so if you do want wine be prepared to splash out a bit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing Sunday LunchKGFoodieDined on 2/11/2014We tried the Weekend Lunchtime tasting Menu with classic wine pairing All courses well presented and delicious Wines matched very well, even the red with cod. Cheese board a nice mix of traditional French and unusual English Service impeccable The only downside was that the food was so good we would have preferred to have the normal tasting menu with the extra course which was not available on a Sunday Lunchtime. It would have been nice to have this option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday surprisegreyDined on 31/10/2014My husband was so impressed with his dinner surprise on his birthday. The sommelier was friendly and informative, the food delicious and the ambience fantastic. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely atmosphere & great foodLuckyTimVIPDined on 31/10/2014We ate on a Friday evening and the restaurant was full. You certainly need to book. The menu is clearly focussed on doing a few things very well and it succeeded. The steak for two was incredible. Service was very good and as you'd expect with a restaurant near Covent Garden, it was also swift. Restaurant was cosy and had a nice feel to it. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at its finestEdinburghgourmetsDined on 31/10/2014We were given a great welcome, staff very solicitous because our table was upstairs and I am wheelchair dependant. Fortunately I can manage stairs,slowly but confidently. Friendly but very professional service. Three of the party chose the tasting menu,and the sommelier was most informative. A wonderful evening. We shall definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clos MaggioreWYSYDGVIPDined on 31/10/2014Given the standard of food, service & wine combined with a delightful interior, we think Clos Maggiore offers one of the best pre-theatre dining experiences in town & it's good value too
- Special Occassion.LadyPenelopeDined on 30/10/2014I booked this for my partners birthday and we were not disappointed. I booked in advance and requested a table in the conservatory, food and service were excellent, as were the cocktails. Will definitely be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great valuejohnofthefarmVIPDined on 30/10/2014An oasis of calm on a very busy day in London. We ate from the excellent value fixed price menu. The food was delicious, beautifully prepared with subtle and satisfying flavours. Service was attentive and very efficient. Still one of the best places in Covent Garden for food.Special Features:
- MaxiDined on 29/10/2014Food excellent, location good , would recommend this to allSpecial Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 29/10/2014Genuinely blown away. Impeccable food, service and vibe. Will be returning to this place very regularly.Special Features:
- Lovely venue in Covent GardenEat4pleasureDined on 29/10/2014A delightful experience as usual with attentive and friendly staff and excellent food - highly recommended for business or pleasure.Special Features:
- Friends meetingVisitorDined on 29/10/2014I met two friends for lunch, was greeted, seated and made comfortable while I waited for my friends. Was given the menu immediately which was good as I was nervous in anticipation offering those I had not seen for sometime. After that disappointment the lunch was perfect, well priced beautifully delivered, bill split perfectly between the three of us and fast to get me out in time for the afternoon theatre. I think it is one of the best restaurants in London a,d I lunch there every time I go to London.Special Features:
- great place for a dateCharlesOsbornDined on 28/10/2014Went post theater - last minute and was great. Lovely place - surprised there wasn't more in London!Special Features: