33 King Street
London, WC2E 8JDNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.closmaggiore.com/
- Phone: 02073799696
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 7 days 12:00PM - 2:30PM
Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00PM - 10.45pm
Sunday 5:00PM - 10:00PM
Kindly note that we try to accommodate all requests for seating in the conservatory; however this is always done on a first come first served basis and therefore it may not always be possible to accommodate all requests.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, French
- Executive Chef: Marcellin Marc
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
A word from Clos Maggiore
Clos Maggiore is an oasis of calm in the heart of Covent Garden. Influenced by the stylish country inns of Provence and Tuscany its unique interiors create a warmth and intimacy enjoyed by both business and private parties. The conservatory has a fully retractable glass roof creating a bright and airy dining space, particularly lovely during the Spring and Summer seasons. It is transformed at night by candles, starlight and a crackling fire during the Winter months. Head Chef Marcellin Marc cooks sublime Provençal inspired cuisine with contemporary panache. Marcellin is committed to using locally sourced seasonal ingredients to create perfectly balanced menus which were awarded three AA-rosettes since 2008. Our extensive cellar at Clos Maggiore includes over 2,000 labels and was extended earlier this year to include an additional 400 wines at a low – mid price range. We are very proud to have been awarded the “Best of Award of Excellence” consistently since 2003 by Wine Spectator.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Clos Maggiore - Best restaurants in Covent Garden ›
Clos Maggiore reviews from OpenTable diners
1583 reviews since 2 June 2014
romance (1190)special occasions (1187)pre/post theatre (737)fit for foodies (655)outstanding value (296)business meals (289)sunday lunch (190)good vegetarian options (161)group bookings (66)afternoon tea (42)brunch (34)outdoor eating (29)child friendly (11)disabled access (6)Show More
- A little place of heavenVAB63Dined on 27/9/2014This was our second visit and was every bit as heavenly as the first. Perfection in every way. The staff were exceptional, friendly, welcoming and professional in all aspects appearing magically to assist with menus and wine choices and refill glasses etc. I noticed their exceptional communication skills with individual diners providing relaxed quiet humour and information which enhanced the whole dining experience. Once again the food was melt- in -the-mouth divine and the wine exquisite. The presentation, combinations and taste were second to none. Each dish is a work of art and a taste paradise. This is a capsule of perfection. We remember our experiences there with beautiful memories and eagerly look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerBelsDined on 26/9/2014Lovely table in the conservatory. Friendly, attentive staff and lovely food. We were even given a special treat for our anniversary. Another great experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmesDined on 26/9/2014We love this restaurant and have been there a few times and it never disappoints. Wonderful food and fantastic atmosphere!.....cannot wait to go back again soon.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchBeautifulSnufflerDined on 26/9/2014I had been looking forward to having lunch at Clos Maggiore for a long while after reading the very positive reviews. My dining companion and were not disappointed in any way. The conservatory where we dined was an oasis of calm in the heart of Covent Garden where the waiters and staff were all intent on making our celebratory lunch special. Without request they brought a special treat to the table in celebration of my beautiful companions birthday. Both she and I enjoyed that and our wonderful meal very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently memorable!Monty286Dined on 25/9/2014Each and every visit to this outstanding restaurant leaves you satisfied and amazed that such fine dining and such outstanding value are available in Central London. The only downside is that you hope too many people do not discover such a true gem. Food, ambience and wonderful service combine to make it a truly enjoyable experience......and how often do you get to sit next to Andrew Lloyd Webber and eat lunch? Cannot wait for the next visit.Special Features:
- DelightfulTimWDined on 24/9/2014Been many times now; always a delightful experience with excellent service.Special Features:
- Brilliant as expectedDiaPreDined on 23/9/2014Dining at Clos Maggiore is never a disappointment. Especially if you get a table in the beautiful blossom-filled conservatory. The waygu beef is cooked to perfection!Special Features:
- Amazing!JJKentDined on 23/9/2014A wonderful restaurant with oustanding food and amaxing ambience in the heart of Covent Garden. The Conservatory is beautiful and really compliments the atmopshere for a romantic/special occasion. The service was attentive throughout the evening and the breaks between courses were just right. Hardly no waiting time and not once did we have to call anyone over. The food was beautifully presented and tasted even better. Highly recommended as one of the best restuarants in London.Special Features:
- Clos MaggioriWYSYDGVIPDined on 23/9/2014Whether business (as this visit was) or social, Clos Maggiori never misses the mark. At lunchtime the Prix Fixe menu has plenty of choice & is great valueSpecial Features:
- So cosy, so friendly, so consistentcotswoldchrisDined on 23/9/2014My wife and I come here quite often for lunch from the great value prix fixe.As far as the welcome and service are concerned you would think that we were spending far more money. As soon as we walk through the discrete front door we are at home until we re emerge in to busy Covent Garden three hours later. Oh and the food is delicious too and the portions are large enough to satisfy most appetites. A treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and funUncomfortableDined on 22/9/2014We had a beautiful evening for a birthday meal. The room was gorgeous and we interacted with other guests in the restaurant. The service was great and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Delightful conservatoryLongluncherDined on 22/9/2014I've been here a few times and always enjoy it. The best part of it, for me, is the conservatory (you need to be sure your table is here when you book as there are other dining areas) which is an intimate, light room which transports you away from central London. The food and service are both good too, so you get the best of all worlds. I can thoroughly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 21/9/2014We went to Clos Maggiore to celebrate our wedding anniversary and everything was beyond perfect: decor, food, service and wine list. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't meet expectationsCanuckBCDined on 21/9/2014This restaurant is only "most romantic" in the conservatory which only hold about 5 tables. Everywhere else is just a cramp place with lots of waiters running frantically around. It was so hot upstairs in a claustrophobic room that we were ready to leave immediately. They did switch us to a less hit room. I have dinned outdoors in Bali and thee I expect to sweat in the heat, but never imagine a rainforest weather I a London restaurant. The food was mediocre, nothing special or worthy talking about.
- Great placebo eatKeithadDined on 21/9/2014Dined at Clos Maggiore recently and had an excellent meal. We dined in the conservatory area which is very romantic and my wife love it. Will certainly put on my list for a future visit.Special Features:
- magnifiquechocoyorkDined on 21/9/2014Deuxième dîner en amoureux au Clos Maggiore et toujours aussi contents de la nourriture, de l'accueil et du service. Parfait. Merci beaucoupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IAMJB1Dined on 21/9/2014Excellent location, food, service and wine. I would recommend this restaurant for everyone visiting London. We ate on Friday and then returned on Sunday could not find faultSpecial Features:
- Great high-end mealdiscerningfoodieDined on 20/9/2014Excellent high-end dining for special occasions. Perfect for romantic dinners! Top quality service with very good good including excellent vegetarian options. Is expensive but would recommend. Aim to sit in the conservatory but be warned may need to book 3-4 months in advance for a Fri/Sat evening booking!Special Features:
- My favourite restaurantTotokoDined on 20/9/2014A must to visit every time in London, high quality wine list with good recommendation, the food is good especially the smoke wagu beef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real treatSamvictoria7Dined on 20/9/2014From start to finish it was amazing! Unfortunately we were not sat in the conservatory however I can understand why it is so popular there, nether less the room we were sat in was beautifal. The food was incredible from start to finish, we are both foodies and could not fault this. This restaurant is well worth going to, it's very romantic and is worth going on a special occasion. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Meal at Clos MaggioreKarlyLastDined on 20/9/2014Took my Mum here for a pre-theatre lunch for her birthday, food was beautiful and service was exceptional. We'll definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really romantic restaurant!!!!ClauDined on 19/9/2014We have chosen Clos Maggiore to celebrate our 5th anniversary together. Since I've heard that this restaurant was very romantic. The ambience was fantastic even if we didn't get the table in the main room where is the beautiful decoration. We got on the 2nd floor but it was still great! The food was very good, beautifully served by very friendly staf. We got the Discovering tasting menu which was delicious. The discovering wines were really a discovery for us, with wines from different regions and different cepages that we have never had before. I really recommend this restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a secluded magical gardenfussyeaterDined on 19/9/2014Be sure too get a table in the garden room, glass covered, so we were safe during a heavy downpour. Very attentive staff, quietly present when needed, but not overbearing. The food was well presented, and the wine list, unusual and imaginative. At a Friday lunch, we were left to enjoy our time without feeling rushed to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperiencetomkinsmjtDined on 18/9/2014A great evening meal. I asked for a lot of special requests through email before we arrived and every single one of my instructions was followed and I got very swift replies. Food and drink were both fantastic (taster menu) Fantastic service Only negative I can really think of is that the cheese portions for the cheese supplement were very small and the selection of cheeses available was not very vast when compared to other restaurants of this caliber. Restaurant can be a tab claustrophobic but this adds to the ambiance.Special Features:
- Excellent service and great foodLoveFoodDined on 18/9/2014As you would expect, Clos Maggiore offers delicious dishes, wines and a lovely atmosphere for couples or families. Getting a table under the famous blossom flowers is not guaranteed (even when booking a month in advance) but the rest of the restaurant was very nice too. We dined in the first floor which had a cosy and warm atmosphere. What I liked most about this place was the service. The attention to detail was impeccable and the food recommendations were always excellent. I had mentioned on the booking notes that we were going for a birthday celebration and they served the dessert with a small candle and a 'sweet' birthdat message on the plate - in chocolate! No reminders needed. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Excellent !CedricVIPDined on 17/9/2014Arriving at 22:35, had warm welcome, excellent service, great atmosphere (In conservatory though, could help), very nice menu even for a french guy, the Iberico pork was perfectly cooked, wine recommendation perfect. bill, not cheap but for the quality really outstanding value. A great experience, a great team work !Special Features:
- Another fabulous mealOliveoilgirlDined on 17/9/2014Yet again we had a fantastic meal here, a mix of Prix Fixe and a la carte. If anything the prix fixe had the edge so don't think that going for the cheaper option means you get a lesser meal because you don't. Service is impeccable but not remotely stuffy and the staff are humourous and attentive. P.S Their home made focaccia is so good be careful not to fill up too much on it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal..60thbirthdayDined on 17/9/2014at Clos Maggiore. Wonderful, delicious food - great value with the pre-theatre menu. Friendly, attentive staff - we had a baby in tow and they could not have been more helpful.Special Features:
- Really Great time hadDanyahDined on 16/9/2014Work in the industry and found Clos Maggiore to be a wonderful evening out. Great food, outstanding service with great ambience. Wine waiter was lovely, thanks for a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 16/9/2014Beautiful interior to the restaurant which set the mood perfectly. The food was simply delicious and the staff friendly and attentive. Cannot recommend highly enough.Special Features:
- Pre-TheaterGoebelDined on 16/9/2014This was our second visit to Clos Maggiore. We are from Canada and had enjoyed this restaurant before the theater on our last visit.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningMHSKDined on 15/9/2014Absolutely wonderful evening for our anniversary at Clos Maggiore. The conservatory is stunning, the food was delicious and the service was lovely. Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Excellent in every way.xxfoodiexxDined on 14/9/2014Creative dishes with delicious flavour combinations. Good portion sizes and menu options. Beautiful restaurant with great service...faultless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable foodDiegoVIPDined on 14/9/2014The possibility to try fine wines by the glass is definitely a plusSpecial Features:
- OverratedfoodiejanDined on 13/9/2014Although the service in general was very good, the food didn't live up to expectations. We was very excited about the thought of eating wagyu beef but was disappointed by the extra flavouring which spoilt the taste of the beef. Also for the price of the wine we expected better.Special Features:
- I felt dupedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 13/9/2014After booking a month prior to our visit, I requested a table in the conservatory. They could not guarantee a table there, but they would try their best. This is fine, and I knew there was a chance that we might not be seated there.The problem arises when I contact the restaurant 3 times prior to our visit to ensure seating, and I was led to believe that there was a fair chance of seating in the conservatory. We were seated next to the entrance, and the noise from kitchen//bar was awful. The table was so close to all arriving guests- only way to sell this table is to dupe people into believing that they will be in the conservatory. The food was mediocre and boring. I saw three parties reacting the same way as us. Total Tripadvisor hype!Special Features:
- sonnetDined on 13/9/2014A beautiful restaurant with superb attention to detail. We live in the Midlands but would love to repeat the experience .Special Features:
- Very, very impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/9/2014I booked this for a pre theatre birthday dinner. I read reviews and this scored well. We were so impressed. Attention to detail. Incredible wine list If you're a connoseier. Excellent menu beautifully executed. This is now our favourite restaurant. Thank you all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still my favourite place to eatjamesfrancoisDined on 13/9/2014This is the second time I have been to Clos Maggiore. We booked about a week before for saturday lunch at 12 (when they openned) This meant that we had the best seat in the house. I would preferably book a few of months in advance next time so we can have the seats and the dinner menu. The lunch menu was restricted to only a few availble meals yet the bill was as expensive as the dinner menu. However the service was still perfect and the whole dining experience was top class. My parents have now booked to visit in the future and I could not recommend enough!Special Features:
- BeautifulLizoDined on 12/9/2014Very romantic environment, perfect for special occasions.Special Features: