33 King Street
London, WC2E 8JDNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.closmaggiore.com/
- Phone: 02073799696
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 7 days 12:00PM - 2:30PM
Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00PM - 10.45pm
Sunday 5:00PM - 10:00PM
Kindly note that we try to accommodate all requests for seating in the conservatory; however this is always done on a first come first served basis and therefore it may not always be possible to accommodate all requests.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, French
- Executive Chef: Marcellin Marc
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
A word from Clos Maggiore
Clos Maggiore is an oasis of calm in the heart of Covent Garden. Influenced by the stylish country inns of Provence and Tuscany its unique interiors create a warmth and intimacy enjoyed by both business and private parties. The conservatory has a fully retractable glass roof creating a bright and airy dining space, particularly lovely during the Spring and Summer seasons. It is transformed at night by candles, starlight and a crackling fire during the Winter months. Head Chef Marcellin Marc cooks sublime Provençal inspired cuisine with contemporary panache. Marcellin is committed to using locally sourced seasonal ingredients to create perfectly balanced menus which were awarded three AA-rosettes since 2008. Our extensive cellar at Clos Maggiore includes over 2,000 labels and was extended earlier this year to include an additional 400 wines at a low – mid price range. We are very proud to have been awarded the “Best of Award of Excellence” consistently since 2003 by Wine Spectator.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Clos Maggiore - Best restaurants in Covent Garden ›
Clos Maggiore reviews from OpenTable diners
1571 reviews since 26 May 2014
romance (1181)special occasions (1178)pre/post theatre (739)fit for foodies (649)outstanding value (294)business meals (288)sunday lunch (190)good vegetarian options (162)group bookings (68)afternoon tea (40)brunch (34)outdoor eating (28)child friendly (11)disabled access (6)Show More
- My favourite restaurantTotokoDined on 20/9/2014A must to visit every time in London, high quality wine list with good recommendation, the food is good especially the smoke wagu beef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real treatSamvictoria7Dined on 20/9/2014From start to finish it was amazing! Unfortunately we were not sat in the conservatory however I can understand why it is so popular there, nether less the room we were sat in was beautifal. The food was incredible from start to finish, we are both foodies and could not fault this. This restaurant is well worth going to, it's very romantic and is worth going on a special occasion. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Meal at Clos MaggioreKarlyLastDined on 20/9/2014Took my Mum here for a pre-theatre lunch for her birthday, food was beautiful and service was exceptional. We'll definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really romantic restaurant!!!!ClauDined on 19/9/2014We have chosen Clos Maggiore to celebrate our 5th anniversary together. Since I've heard that this restaurant was very romantic. The ambience was fantastic even if we didn't get the table in the main room where is the beautiful decoration. We got on the 2nd floor but it was still great! The food was very good, beautifully served by very friendly staf. We got the Discovering tasting menu which was delicious. The discovering wines were really a discovery for us, with wines from different regions and different cepages that we have never had before. I really recommend this restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a secluded magical gardenfussyeaterDined on 19/9/2014Be sure too get a table in the garden room, glass covered, so we were safe during a heavy downpour. Very attentive staff, quietly present when needed, but not overbearing. The food was well presented, and the wine list, unusual and imaginative. At a Friday lunch, we were left to enjoy our time without feeling rushed to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperiencetomkinsmjtDined on 18/9/2014A great evening meal. I asked for a lot of special requests through email before we arrived and every single one of my instructions was followed and I got very swift replies. Food and drink were both fantastic (taster menu) Fantastic service Only negative I can really think of is that the cheese portions for the cheese supplement were very small and the selection of cheeses available was not very vast when compared to other restaurants of this caliber. Restaurant can be a tab claustrophobic but this adds to the ambiance.Special Features:
- Excellent service and great foodLoveFoodDined on 18/9/2014As you would expect, Clos Maggiore offers delicious dishes, wines and a lovely atmosphere for couples or families. Getting a table under the famous blossom flowers is not guaranteed (even when booking a month in advance) but the rest of the restaurant was very nice too. We dined in the first floor which had a cosy and warm atmosphere. What I liked most about this place was the service. The attention to detail was impeccable and the food recommendations were always excellent. I had mentioned on the booking notes that we were going for a birthday celebration and they served the dessert with a small candle and a 'sweet' birthdat message on the plate - in chocolate! No reminders needed. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Excellent !CedricVIPDined on 17/9/2014Arriving at 22:35, had warm welcome, excellent service, great atmosphere (In conservatory though, could help), very nice menu even for a french guy, the Iberico pork was perfectly cooked, wine recommendation perfect. bill, not cheap but for the quality really outstanding value. A great experience, a great team work !Special Features:
- Another fabulous mealOliveoilgirlDined on 17/9/2014Yet again we had a fantastic meal here, a mix of Prix Fixe and a la carte. If anything the prix fixe had the edge so don't think that going for the cheaper option means you get a lesser meal because you don't. Service is impeccable but not remotely stuffy and the staff are humourous and attentive. P.S Their home made focaccia is so good be careful not to fill up too much on it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal..60thbirthdayDined on 17/9/2014at Clos Maggiore. Wonderful, delicious food - great value with the pre-theatre menu. Friendly, attentive staff - we had a baby in tow and they could not have been more helpful.Special Features:
- Really Great time hadDanyahDined on 16/9/2014Work in the industry and found Clos Maggiore to be a wonderful evening out. Great food, outstanding service with great ambience. Wine waiter was lovely, thanks for a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 16/9/2014Beautiful interior to the restaurant which set the mood perfectly. The food was simply delicious and the staff friendly and attentive. Cannot recommend highly enough.Special Features:
- Pre-TheaterGoebelDined on 16/9/2014This was our second visit to Clos Maggiore. We are from Canada and had enjoyed this restaurant before the theater on our last visit.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningMHSKDined on 15/9/2014Absolutely wonderful evening for our anniversary at Clos Maggiore. The conservatory is stunning, the food was delicious and the service was lovely. Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Excellent in every way.xxfoodiexxDined on 14/9/2014Creative dishes with delicious flavour combinations. Good portion sizes and menu options. Beautiful restaurant with great service...faultless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable foodDiegoVIPDined on 14/9/2014The possibility to try fine wines by the glass is definitely a plusSpecial Features:
- OverratedfoodiejanDined on 13/9/2014Although the service in general was very good, the food didn't live up to expectations. We was very excited about the thought of eating wagyu beef but was disappointed by the extra flavouring which spoilt the taste of the beef. Also for the price of the wine we expected better.Special Features:
- I felt dupedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 13/9/2014After booking a month prior to our visit, I requested a table in the conservatory. They could not guarantee a table there, but they would try their best. This is fine, and I knew there was a chance that we might not be seated there.The problem arises when I contact the restaurant 3 times prior to our visit to ensure seating, and I was led to believe that there was a fair chance of seating in the conservatory. We were seated next to the entrance, and the noise from kitchen//bar was awful. The table was so close to all arriving guests- only way to sell this table is to dupe people into believing that they will be in the conservatory. The food was mediocre and boring. I saw three parties reacting the same way as us. Total Tripadvisor hype!Special Features:
- sonnetDined on 13/9/2014A beautiful restaurant with superb attention to detail. We live in the Midlands but would love to repeat the experience .Special Features:
- Very, very impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/9/2014I booked this for a pre theatre birthday dinner. I read reviews and this scored well. We were so impressed. Attention to detail. Incredible wine list If you're a connoseier. Excellent menu beautifully executed. This is now our favourite restaurant. Thank you all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still my favourite place to eatjamesfrancoisDined on 13/9/2014This is the second time I have been to Clos Maggiore. We booked about a week before for saturday lunch at 12 (when they openned) This meant that we had the best seat in the house. I would preferably book a few of months in advance next time so we can have the seats and the dinner menu. The lunch menu was restricted to only a few availble meals yet the bill was as expensive as the dinner menu. However the service was still perfect and the whole dining experience was top class. My parents have now booked to visit in the future and I could not recommend enough!Special Features:
- BeautifulLizoDined on 12/9/2014Very romantic environment, perfect for special occasions.Special Features:
- Clos MaggioriWYSYDGVIPDined on 11/9/2014A great restaurant for a pre show meal on every count For my partner & I it's (as always) as good as it getsSpecial Features:
- PA lunchEvieGDined on 11/9/2014Serene venue. Welcoming staff. Crisp napkins and tablecloths. Delicious food. They very kindly catered for my Coeliac gluten free diet. Could not have asked for more.Special Features:
- Perfect PreTheatre MealTreacleDined on 10/9/2014A warm welcome, friendly service and fabulous food await those looking for a quick but special pretheatre meal. Really worth a try. I would like to go back for a longer leisurely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GravyDined on 9/9/2014I booked to entertain a Taiwanese family of friends (business as well). Excellent meal, good service, but having been here before I already knew that. say no more.Special Features:
- Great lunchxoxoDined on 7/9/2014My fiancee and I had lunch here on Sunday afternoon and it was such a wonderful experience. The food was excellent, the service unobtrusive, and the atmosphere just perfect. We were well looked after and we will come back again for sure.Special Features:
- fantastic experienceSanSansCafeDined on 6/9/2014Came here for my birthday and the whole experience from our arrival, to the service, the food, the wines and atmosphere were all beyond what I expected. I look forward to coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DomenicoDined on 5/9/2014Excellent French food in a cosy and warm atmosphere. Service compares to food quality. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014We popped in for a 2 course meal pre theatre, but wish we had stayed longer! The food was excellent and service was friendly and efficient. We will definitely go back and make an evening of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cocopopsDined on 5/9/2014Worth booking early to request a table in the conservatory to make the event special.Special Features:
- CLOS MAGGIOREKenickiDined on 5/9/2014I booked this restaurant at a friends' recommendation. I was NOT disappointed. It was my husband's birthday and they made it a very special afternoon! The food was delicious, and the service was amazing! We sat in the conservatory which made it even more special. However I would recommend that you ask for a table round the side, as we sat in the centre and felt very slightly "on display" and the table was a little large for two people. The set menu was outstanding value for money, as it included half a bottle of wine each. My husbands' sweet was accompanied by a candle which was a very nice touch. The tea and coffee were served with absolutely delicious tasting petits fours. Overall it was a very pleasurable dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect food & service as alwaysjamieDined on 4/9/2014Love this restaurant - one of my favourites in london. Everything about it is exquisite.Special Features:
- Great location, food and serviceRJH82Dined on 4/9/2014Clos Maggiore is perhaps best know for it's ambience, but it really is everything you would look for from a restaurant. I have visited twice and on both occasions the food has looked and tasted fantastically. The service is the best I have experienced, with very knowledgeable staff who will tell you exactly what's in each dish and really help to make it feel like a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deeply disappointingGilma05Dined on 3/9/2014Arrival was more like joining a rugby scrum than fine dining. Entrance blocked with irate diners awaiting tables. We were shown to ours seated away from the restaurant past foyer adjacent to bar. Given my anticipation & careful booking advice on-line+verbal confirmation 'It is my daughter's 21st - pls ensure a good table...' It was a complete let-down. Complained to the hostess who said 'Sir for those tables people book months in advance...' Clearly B/S, our seating area held no more than 10 so chances other tables booked in May nonsense. The waiting staff were brilliant, food outstanding and wine list exceptional. WHY did they motivate a damning review by not respecting a daughter's 21st Birthday dinner is a once in a lifetime event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre Theatre Birthday MealClionaDined on 3/9/2014I brought my friend to Clos Maggiore for a pre-theatre birthday meal. It was a fantastic evening, the staff couldn't have been lovelier and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Lovely.UncouthyouthDined on 2/9/2014This restaurant is the nuts. Go for the food, stay for the swarthy waiter....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingJadrDined on 2/9/2014Our table was in the small room upstairs and it was like eating in a church. Absolutely no ambience and half way through the meal they lit the fire - unbelievable - the temperature had been circa 22 degrees on the day. The food was, however, quite good but spoilt completely by the setting. As we left we looked in to the main restaurant downstairs and that looked a lot more vibrant but that was not our experience for sure. We felt and still feel more than a little bit cheated seeing as nothing was said to us when we booked about having to eat in the "chapel". if you do want to choose the restaurant I would urge you to insist on a table downstairs. We went to Quilon the next day and for not much more the experience was amazing.
- ..................................bucktVIPDined on 2/9/2014As always excellent in every respect............................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning!RosieRooDined on 1/9/2014Delightful food, wonderful service and the ambiance and setting are lovely, will be back on our next trip!Special Features: