33 King Street
London, WC2E 8JDNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.closmaggiore.com/
- Phone: 02073799696
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 7 days 12:00PM - 2:30PM
Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00PM - 10.45pm
Sunday 5:00PM - 10:00PM
Kindly note that we try to accommodate all requests for seating in the conservatory; however this is always done on a first come first served basis and therefore it may not always be possible to accommodate all requests.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, French
- Executive Chef: Marcellin Marc
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
A word from Clos Maggiore
Clos Maggiore is an oasis of calm in the heart of Covent Garden. Influenced by the stylish country inns of Provence and Tuscany its unique interiors create a warmth and intimacy enjoyed by both business and private parties. The conservatory has a fully retractable glass roof creating a bright and airy dining space, particularly lovely during the Spring and Summer seasons. It is transformed at night by candles, starlight and a crackling fire during the Winter months. Head Chef Marcellin Marc cooks sublime Provençal inspired cuisine with contemporary panache. Marcellin is committed to using locally sourced seasonal ingredients to create perfectly balanced menus which were awarded three AA-rosettes since 2008. Our extensive cellar at Clos Maggiore includes over 2,000 labels and was extended earlier this year to include an additional 400 wines at a low – mid price range. We are very proud to have been awarded the “Best of Award of Excellence” consistently since 2003 by Wine Spectator.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Clos Maggiore - Best restaurants in Covent Garden ›
Clos Maggiore reviews from OpenTable diners
1560 reviews since 1 November 2013
romance (1174)special occasions (1169)pre/post theatre (724)fit for foodies (647)business meals (287)outstanding value (283)sunday lunch (193)good vegetarian options (156)group bookings (63)afternoon tea (44)brunch (37)outdoor eating (30)child friendly (11)disabled access (4)Show More
- MaxiDined on 29/10/2014Food excellent, location good , would recommend this to allSpecial Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 29/10/2014Genuinely blown away. Impeccable food, service and vibe. Will be returning to this place very regularly.Special Features:
- Lovely venue in Covent GardenEat4pleasureDined on 29/10/2014A delightful experience as usual with attentive and friendly staff and excellent food - highly recommended for business or pleasure.Special Features:
- Friends meetingVisitorDined on 29/10/2014I met two friends for lunch, was greeted, seated and made comfortable while I waited for my friends. Was given the menu immediately which was good as I was nervous in anticipation offering those I had not seen for sometime. After that disappointment the lunch was perfect, well priced beautifully delivered, bill split perfectly between the three of us and fast to get me out in time for the afternoon theatre. I think it is one of the best restaurants in London a,d I lunch there every time I go to London.Special Features:
- great place for a dateCharlesOsbornDined on 28/10/2014Went post theater - last minute and was great. Lovely place - surprised there wasn't more in London!Special Features:
- Clos MaggioreDavidDined on 27/10/2014Have used this restaurant for many years now for special lunches/dinners, business. It never disappoints. The service is always fantastic and the food excellent. Every guest has loved it. I recently took someone who was vegetarian - who thought it was amazing. Lots of restaurants can be good. Clos Maggiore is consistently good - it is the consistency that makes it stand out. The ambience is amazing, whatever the time of year, it is always such a comfortable restaurant. I have dined mainly in the conservatory, but the small dining room upstairs works equally well.Special Features:
- 5 étoiles !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/10/2014Ce restaurant est une pure merveille, très bien accueillis, la nourriture excellente et le cadre époustouflant. Nous reviendrons sans aucune doute Bravo et merci beaucoup, nous avons passé entre amis une très belle soiréeSpecial Features:
- Favourite restaurantAliCDined on 26/10/2014I dine here almost every time I come to London and have recommended to friends who have also loved it. The food never disappoints- the only problem is I want to try everyone else's choices as well as my own! Looking forward to my next visit already.Special Features:
- Husband's 40thBirthdayDined on 25/10/2014It was an amazing restaurant with food and the service was spot on!!!Special Features:
- London Birthday TreatBirthdayBoy58Dined on 25/10/2014My husband and I dined in Clos Maggiore on a beautiful Saturday evening as a birthday treat for him. From the moment we entered the restaurant until we left we both felt that this restaurant was very impressive. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. The service was faultless and the whole experience was very, very pleasant and just what we were hoping for. We will recommend it to friends and family who may be visiing London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clos MaggioreWYSYDGVIPDined on 25/10/2014As always a delight - service, food, wine & atmosphere spot onSpecial Features:
- Clos MaggoiredonnaVIPDined on 25/10/2014From the moment you arrive to the friendly greetings from the lovely staff, to seating in the beautiful Conservatory, the whole experience is a treat. The food was sublime, a taste sensation with each course. I would most definitely recommend to anyone looking for something very special, and I look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- SimonDined on 25/10/2014I've eaten here half a dozen times. Not for those on a budget, but outstanding food and ambience, with a superb winelist and menu. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A firm favouriteSophieMichDined on 24/10/2014From the moment we entered Clos Maggoire, I was besotted! Add the romantic atmosphere to the incredible food, impeccable service & a wine list to die for ... I was in heaven. We have already booked a table for our anniversary in February. I feel this becoming a firm favourite & a lovely treat for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific place for a business lunchNinaDined on 24/10/2014We went with colleagues for a business lunch and had a great meal! We opted for the prix fixe menu, which included a starter, main, pudding and 1/2 bottle of wine for £30 - incredible value for money! The food was delicious and the service faultless. Although we were not able to sit in the conservatory, we had a wonderful lunch (and probably were better able to talk as the room upstairs is not as noisy as the conservatory). Would highly recommend this as a place to go for business lunch to anyone! Thanks for a great meal!Special Features:
- Completely perfect restaurantFoodBearDined on 23/10/2014Clos Maggiore's reputation is well deserved, the setting is perfect and the staff have impeccable manners, they are attentive but not overly so in that you are being bothered too many times to see if your meal is okay. They are very polite and never make you feel awkward, even when I asked half way through my main if I could order a side as I realised I needed to (this only happened because the menu is so amazing its hard to concentrate on one meal!). Whilst the menu is expensive, it is only slightly more expensive than restaurants such as Cafe Des Amis, another french one in the area, but the food, staff and ambiance are exponentially better, which is why I gave it 5 stars for value. Would definitely recommend and visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very pretty and intimate diningHolidayshoesDined on 23/10/2014gentle and attentive service. Food was very good and the ambience for a pre theatre meal was perfectSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 22/10/2014Such a wonderful restaurant. Have been here a couple of times now and is just stunning. The vegetarian option is always incredible, service and attention to detail is second to none and the ambience just spot on.Special Features:
- Siblings lunchQuasiDined on 22/10/2014Our biannual family lunch is always an auspicious occasion. So we were recommended Clos and it came up trumps. Excellent dishes, served with great character.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous!eateralexDined on 21/10/2014Honestly wonderful. Food was amazing. The chef is worth his/her weight in Gold. The food was rich and extremely tasty. Small portions but the quality of flavour more than filled me up. Although note of warning - if you want something light AVOID even the soup is is truffle-filled, which I love but not for everyone. Staff were attentive but not overly so and very knowledgeable. The wine recommendations were great and the list rather comprehensive. Great for Romance - superb experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very lovely quiet restaurantMarriedandBrokeDined on 21/10/2014I ate here many years ago also for pre-theatre and it was as great this time as it was the first. I would highly recommend it and I must remember to go more often myself. I haven't given the service 5 stars as we were on the pre-theatre menu hence we were on a tight timescale. Food arrived very promptly from ordering, lovely and hot and delicious but the staff could've got us out the door a bit quicker. However, the staff are very well trained, polite and friendly.Special Features:
- AndyVIPDined on 21/10/2014Lunch at Clos Mzggiore, after an absence of two months, reminded us how good this retaurant is. One hesitates to recommend it to friends because it is always full and difficult enough now to get a table. The chef continues to excel. I had the best soup have ever eaten and only hope it is on the menu tomorrow when, once again, we are dining at the prettieist restaurant in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really recommend this restaurantjudithDined on 20/10/2014Lovely restaurant. Nice atmosphere. Romantic. The perfect place for an special occasion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined on 20 October 2014PapaDined on 20/10/2014Four of us enjoyed a very good pre-theatre dinner. 3 ate a la carte and enjoyed crab starter followed by breast of duck cooked to perfection. I myself had the set menu of char filet followed by beef cheek both excellent. We skipped desert as we were running short of time. No fault of restaurant service which was excellent. Extensive wine list but very pricey. Ambience lovely and I certainly recommend this place to any discerning diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingEfiNDined on 19/10/2014amazing food and service, all great, we go very often with my wifeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 19/10/2014The restaurant made a special effort to help make a silver wedding anniversary really special. The staff were warm and attentive - the restaurant had none of the pretentiousness you get in some other high end restaurants. And the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fantastic mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 19/10/2014Once again the quality of the food, service and ambience was excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent Service, Good FoodTRICKorTREATDined on 18/10/2014We enjoyed a wonderful 10th anniversary meal together. Service was attentive, our somilier in particular shared a range of excellent options with us, including a unique and delicious grappa that rounded our evening off perfectly. The food at Clos is always highly competent and presented to a high standard, without being dramatic. The beef in particular was delicious and our desserts were great fun. As we all know however, it is the ambience that makes Clos so special. Beautfully lit, not too light, not too dark, with decent separation between tables to allow for that special tete a tete that makes this restauarant a real winner. Recommended for lovers everywhere.Special Features:
- In town tonightRogerDined on 18/10/2014After having tried for over a year to persuade my girl friend to eat in town rather than in the country we had a very pleasant and successful evening at Clos Maggiori. The food was excellent and the ambience in the rear room brilliant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing place, food and serviceWayneDined on 18/10/2014This is a hidden gem in the heart of Covent Garden, the food is amazing and the service is outstanding. The waiters are at hand for your every need, from explaining the menu, recommending wine and every little detail is taken care of. Make sure you book way in advance as this is definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic resaturantld261Dined on 17/10/2014Food was lovely and the tables were spaced nicely apart so you didn't feel on top of others. Would recommend to couples for a dinner night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceAussiedinerDined on 17/10/2014Lovely food, excellent service. Very happy with our experience, look forward to coming back one day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday 17th OctoberNjc74Dined on 17/10/2014Absolutely fantastic, restored my faith in good dining, mixed and matched from a few menu's which wasn't a problem to the staff. Great afternoonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick if you want to beAlanDined on 17/10/2014My guest could not come at the last minute so I decided I would have a quick lunch myself. The staff delivered an outstanding two course lunch in 30 minutes and were brilliantSpecial Features:
- as good as everpff1804VIPDined on 17/10/2014I went to Clos Maggiore for lunch with a friend. We both opted for the set menu which was very good and with the half bottle of wine represents good value for money. The dining room is lovely and the service impeccable. My only criticism is that there are only three choices for main course on the set menu, one meat, one vegetarian and one fish. The vegetarian dish did not appeal and my friend doesn't eat meat, the only fish dish on the set menu was at a £5 supplement. In view of the limited choice, perhaps the restaurant should offer a fish dish included at the set price.Special Features:
- Book early for conservatoryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/10/2014My husband and I had dinner here last night. The food and service were exceptional, but beware if you want a room in the conservatory you need to book months in advance and call the night before to confirm. We were fortunate enough to at least get a table with a view of the conservatory, which did not disappoint.Special Features:
- lafillegourmandeDined on 16/10/2014We went pre-theatre and experienced faultless service and ambience even so early in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for dinner post theatresureshotDined on 15/10/2014Clos Maggiore is a stone's throw from the Royal Opera House, and offers a lovely post-theatre dinner option. Staff was extremely accomodating and helpful, serving up a very nice meal at a very reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ExperienceclaireDined on 15/10/2014Really enjoyed the service and ambience in this restaurant. Nice and relaxing atmosphere to take in delicious food after a day of hustle and bustle in busy London. Impressed with the little touches and the food is not too pricey considering the quality. Would definitely recommend to anyone either for a romantic evening or a nice chilled out meal with friends.Special Features:
- Pre-theatre delightsga44Dined on 15/10/2014It wasn't just the conservatory seating that made Clos Maggiore such a pleasant place to be: the service, the presentation and the general ambiance all contributed to the experience. We had an early curtain at the National Theatre and might have had time for dessert had we not been too full to want one. The foie gras terrine was especially memorable and the halibut was delicious as was the autumn soup. The Welsh lamb shank is not something we would order again because we tend not to like braised lamb. On another less rushed occasion we would order from the main menu because the lamb tends to be one of the three available choices on the lunch/theatre menu. We plan to go back with friends and more time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.