9 Cosmo Place
London, WC1N 3APNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cosmoba.co.uk/
- Phone: 02078370904
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 3pm; 5pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Salvatore Rosideo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have two rooms that can be hired for private functions. Our rear dining room can seat up to 25 people and we have accommodated bigger groups by splitting the numbers between our front dining room and rear dining room. We also have a downstairs dining room that can accommodate up to 20 people.
- Private Party Contact: Daniel & Umberto 02078370904
- Public Transit: The nearest tube stations are Holborn (Central line) and Russell Square (Piccadilly line). It is roughly a 5 minute walk from both tube stations.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is pay and display on Queens Square right by Cosmoba. It is free to park on Saturdays from 1.30pm onwards.
A word from Cosmoba Restaurant
Where do we begin? Perhaps a bit of family history would be a good start... Our family came to London over 60 years ago to find work, mainly with relatives in their Italian restaurants. As the years passed they became more and more involved with the restaurant business, often going in to partnership with family members, and this is how Cosmoba was founded! 60 years on Cosmoba is still going strong - albeit with a new, younger generation (sorry Mum & Dad!!) of the family. We’re still running the business with the same passion and drive for all things Italian and on some occasions you may even find our entire family at Cosmoba meeting up and having a leisurely meal - I apologise in advance for all noise we seem to make but you’re welcome to join in!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cosmoba Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since 24 May 2014
outdoor eating (7)pre/post theatre (4)group bookings (4)fit for foodies (3)outstanding value (3)business meals (3)child friendly (1)good vegetarian options (1)brunch (1)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- Excellent service and outAli2014BDined on 11/1/2014Excellent service and out standing value and would return again when in londonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceGemmVIPDined on 7/12/2013We ate as a party of 8 on a Saturday evening. There was a great choice on the menu including the specials which a number in the party opted for. The staff is all very friendly and cheery and the food was very good. Overall a great place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good servicenbtnt1Dined on 1/11/2013Took my family to dinner 2 days ago. Easy to book from toptable ! Very friendly & funny staff. We felt very welcomed. Reasonably priced. Will come back. Definitively !Special Features:
- Good meal with friendsinteresteddinerDined on 22/10/2013Booked Cosmoba through Toptable for meal with friends - 6 of us. Mixed group from foodies to very plain eaters and vegetarian. Found suitable menu items for us all served in very friendly style and with good recommendations for wines at reasonable prices. Definitely recommend for this type of evening. All in all a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceAlexDined on 11/10/2013I have been before and will go again - very solid all around
- Excellent ItaliannickdDined on 26/9/201312 of us came on a group booking. The food was really good and reasonably priced. Service was very warm and friendly. The specials on the menu were lovely and variedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small restaurant it they handledPamelaDined on 25/9/2013Small restaurant it they handled our group of eight beautifully. Everyone enjoyed their dinner....seemed authentically Italian!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cosmoba is a smallish familyLizODined on 23/9/2013Cosmoba is a smallish family run restaurant that serves excellent Italian food with a good range of regularly changing 'specials'. I recommend sitting outdoors if the weather allows - there are heaters if necessary. A very pleasant way to spend an evening! very near British Museum and UCL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 148 reviews are from the Cosmoba Restaurant reviews archive.
- Another delicious mealTwopuddingsVIPDined on 29/8/2013Once again Cosmoba served up a delicious meal - we seem to be going there every month, but I'm not complaining. The food is always very good, the restaurant stands out in an area of mediocre restaurants.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely friendly ItalianStalbanscoupleDined on 23/8/2013Chose Cosmobo due to it's location near the British Museum. Very friendly service and delicious food! The tirimasu was definitely one of the best! Good value for central London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasing everyoneFoodieOfNorfLondonDined on 15/8/2013I was meeting my daughter and her boyfriend for dinner after a long day at work. The atmosphere at the Cosmoba was friendly and easy-going. After an aperitif, we made some pretty standard choices from the menu: calamari and bruschetta shared, followed by calves liver, lasagne and chicken cooked with asparagus. Everything appeared quite quickly, was tasty and did the trick. We were soon relaxed and confident that everyone would be satisfied but not intimidated by their dinner. We finished off with zabaglione and ice-cream shared between the three of us. The waiters were very cheerful and jokey but left us in peace while we were eating. A really good dinner in a happy atmoshpere. I will be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was great andGurthianDined on 20/7/2013The service was great and the food was excellent. They were able to cater for a large party of 14 very well and accommodated the kids eating a little earlier whilst some of the guests arrived. We had a wonderfull time with friendly staff and great Italian Cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendlyEllieMDined on 19/7/2013The location's great, the food very good and the friendly welcome outstanding at this great family-run restaurant. We had an excellent meal there following an evening visit to the British Museum and will certainly returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Toast!PaulaVIPDined on 12/7/2013Myself and 7 friends went to Cosmoba last friday, one of this summer's hot days, and naturally, sat outside. The waiters were endlessly patient, we didn't order for ages, and the food, when we eventually did, was marvellous. Having consumed riotuous quantities of Prosecco, wine, cocktails and shorts, we were to say the least "merry". We had the most fabulous time, loved every minute!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!TwopuddingsVIPDined on 2/7/2013We enjoyed the food the last time we came here, but this time was even better! My partner and I both had lamb cutlets crusted with walnuts, served with a radiccio and orange salad - a special, which was very special indeed. It was absolutely delicious, and I could have eaten it twice. Our desserts were delicious as well - and all served by experienced, and amusing waiters. We recommend this restaurant really highly, and will be back there as soon as we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth a visit.margantDined on 1/7/2013Slightly away from theatre land but handy for British Museum and well worth the visit. Extremely good welcome and hospitality. All courses well excellent for our party of four and the Sicilian Merlot superb. A very good meal rounded off with a drink "on the house". Will certainly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with the parentsMaccaDined on 28/6/2013Our dinner here was great. Good quality Italian food, great service and a really nice atmosphere. Not been before but will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CosmobaDBLeaseVIPDined on 21/6/2013Met up with friends, lovely table outside, the waiter was delightful and we received very good service. The food was delicious authentic Italian taste and lots of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningFubbyDined on 20/6/2013This was our first visit to Cosmoba and it certainly won't be our last. We got a very good greeting and experienced excellent service during all of our visit. An interesting menu and wine list and the food and wine we had were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch at CosmobaRosieVIPDined on 18/6/2013Excellent friendly service and delicious authentic Italian food. We ate outside as there was some rather annoying music being played indoors - that would be my only criticism. It shuts at 3pm which seems odd in such a busy area. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmospheregemlefabDined on 7/6/2013We went to Cosmoba as a group of 7 after visiting the British Museum. The service was friendly and jovial, the food was delicious and there was a nice atmosphere in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable - great foodLondonLocalDined on 30/5/2013Food was very good (much better than the chain-style Italian restaurants) and wine list good. Service very good. Thoroughly recommend for location, food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hasta La Vista LinPaulaVIPDined on 22/5/2013We dined on a chilly evening, but made the most of it, having our first bottle outside, a farewell to my lovely friend Lin, who's dined at Cosmoba with me before, as had my other lovely companion, Foxxx. Everything was absolutely spot on, the food, the service, the wine. I couldn't have asked for more. Except warmer weather, so we could've enjoyed sitting outside for longer! It was a busy evening at this local Italian, and it was good to see everybody else thoroughly enjoying themselves too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb eveningCagsDined on 17/5/2013I went to Cosmoba with a group of girl friends after a visit to the British museum. We were given a very warm welcome and the staff were brilliant. Service was excellent and the home-cooked food very good indeed. We will definitely return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very good Italian restaurantgourmet2VIPDined on 8/5/2013A very good Italian restaurant with an imaginative menu. The quality of the cuisine is high and the service friendly and discreet. The wine list is comprehensive with some original vintages. HIghly recommended.Special Features:
- The Great OutdoorsPaulaVIPDined on 30/4/2013Finally it was warm enough to actually dine outside at lunchtime this week, it's been a long time coming! Our lunch started off with a delicious glass of prosecco, and was followed by a lovely, traditional Italian main course. Sadly, just the one course on this visit as we were pressed for time, which was a shame. But as always, the food was superb and the service jovial and spot-on!Special Features:
- Had a really tasty lunch hereMIkeyDined on 27/4/2013Had a really tasty lunch here before visiting British Museum. Staff very friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The little Italian you should visitStephannDined on 24/4/2013Consistently good food, friendly service and a cosy ambience brings me back time and time again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good eveningClerkenwellmanDined on 19/4/2013We took seven people, including 3 internatiaol vistors, here for an early evening meal prior to a rehearsal. It is a friendly and pretty well organised place and the food is good. I often go here for high quality food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost Summer...PaulaVIPDined on 18/4/2013So we sat outside! It has ample outside seating, and so we enjoyed the two glasses of Prosecco we'd won on their Facebook competition, thank you Cosmoba! And then proceeded to buy another bottle. Perfect for a Friday after work! Chatting, watching the world go by on the cobbled streets. Cosmo Place, where Cosmoba is situated, really is a little oasis in historic Bloomsbury. The food was proper Italian, perfectly cooked, and served with a smile and a few jokes from the friendly waiters. We finished with one of the dessert items from the new menu, an Italian version of Bread Pudding, and was delicious. One of Cosmoba's owners, is running the London Marathon on Sunday, for charity, so we wish Danny all the very best for that xSpecial Features:
- A hidden gemTwopuddingsVIPDined on 13/4/2013It's a bit off the beaten track, you might not notice it, but having been you will probably go again. The food is very good, especially in an area where so many of the restaurants are uninspiring. Would recommend, and would go back there myself.
- Enjoyable eveningrichard42hDined on 30/3/2013Nice restaurant tucked away. Very quiet on a Saturday evening but it did fill up for a short while. The staff are friendly and attentive enough, food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family run italianJesseDined on 22/3/2013We wanted to eat some nice, simple Italian food... And it didn't disappoint. Very nice and the staff are incredibly friendly and there's a rel family owned feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and CheeryPennyVIPDined on 15/3/2013We had a thoroughly enjoyable evening at this authentic Italian restaurant with nice food, lovely wine and generous portions. The hosts were extremely welcoming and gracious. Do stop in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Al Fresco in March!PaulaVIPDined on 5/3/2013Yes, it was a massive 13 degrees on Tuesday, my birthday, and so my daughter decided wer'd lunch outside. Luckily, Cosmoba has lots of al fresco tables. The food was, as alwayas very good, tradional Italian. A special mention to the boss, who managed to conjure up some gnocci, even though it wasn't on the menu! 3 bottles of pinot grigio rose blush later, we declared it a brilliant lunch!Special Features:
- Great service and value for moneyCookiemonDined on 27/2/2013The restaurant straight from walking through the front door had a family feel and friendly presence. The service was absolutely brilliant and astutely friendly, the two tables either side of us were regulars and that gave a great impression of the place that people come back time and again. The food was absolutely lovely and I'd recommend this place to anyone. Especially for a romantic meal or a social dinner with friends. Superb restaurant and one I'll definitely frequent again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend awayhappyeatersDined on 15/2/2013Our weekend away was kick started on Friday evening with the meal we had prebooked. Easy to locate, only ten minutes from our hotel. Everything about the Cosmoba was perfect - especially the food and wonderful service from the two waiters, who have the magic touch with friendly banter, when interacting with their customers. A thoroughly enjoyable experience. We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic, cosy CosmobaStephannDined on 12/2/2013Fantastic ambiance and tasty food that was outstanding value. This is somewhere I intend to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Friendly Italian ResturanMichaelDined on 1/2/2013Very friendly staff, excellent wine list, good atmosphere, if cramped and noisy, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly itatianateitDined on 1/2/2013Friendly, cosy, good food and nicely tucked away off the noisy roads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.