Cote - Kensington
47 Kensington Court
London, W8 5DANeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £25 and under
Cote - Kensington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cote-restaurants.co.uk/Cote_HSK.html
- Phone: 020 7938 4147
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 9am - 10:30pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 8am - 11pm
Sunday: 9am - 11pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Cote - Kensington
Recently voted 'Best Value restaurant in the UK' by the Good Food Guide 2009, this branch of Cote near the Royal Albert Hall has received rave reviews from professional critics and local gourmets alike. The inspiration for the fuss-free French food and the stylish interior comes from the traditional bistros of Paris, and both are proving a big hit with Kensington’s demanding foodies. The emphasis is on simply, reasonably priced dishes and the menu includes familiar Gallic favourites like moules marinières; steak haché with skinny frites; duck confit; and naughty-but-nice tarte tatin with Calvados cream. Cote is ideal for laid-back lunches and mid-week dinners with friends. We guarantee you’ll come back time after time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Value
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutstanding Value
- Diners' Choice WinnerPre/post Theatre
Cote - Kensington - Best restaurants in Kensington ›
Cote - Kensington reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since 24 November 2013
pre/post theatre (72)outstanding value (52)business meals (36)fit for foodies (34)special occasions (31)group bookings (28)brunch (28)sunday lunch (26)good vegetarian options (19)romance (18)outdoor eating (16)child friendly (13)afternoon tea (7)disabled access (3)Show More
- DTSEATVIPDined on 17/11/2014Excellent staff who was particularly helpful and attentive to our children and our entire party in general.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RMTaylorDined on 3/11/2014Quality of food very good- but my main course arrived only warm, and not hot. On commenting on this to our waiter, he informed his manager, and to their credit we were pleasantly surprised to have all three desserts "compliments of the House!" I'd thoroughly recommend this restaurant to others and plan to return there myself when next in the area.Special Features:
- After show mealsLauRooDined on 2/11/2014Amazing food available till late - ideal after a theatre show. Would be good for daytime meetings and relaxed mealsSpecial Features:
- Very niceAnthonyTDined on 30/10/2014The food is always pleasant, the service is absolutely fine and the wine list is fine for this type of chain restaurant. We have had many good meals here, and so far have not had a bad one. Very reliable restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedaishaDined on 30/10/2014My first time at this restaurant and I'll definitely be back. Lovely atmosphere, unusual and delicious first course with all courses being well presented and tasty. Two courses each and a bottle of wine cost £52. Superb value for moneySpecial Features:
- Excellent!nevrdullDined on 30/10/2014We enjoyed very tasty food chosen from a large selection on the menu. Especially good was the tuna rillete I had as a starter (part of the set menu) and the duck confit my companion had as her main course. Unfortunately, we did not have time to savour a dessert as we had to leave for an event at RAH. The restaurant was busy and staff were very friendly. Efficiency was slightly marred by what must have been poor communication between waitresses, as we were served by at least two different ones and there were some minor delays. However, none of these distracted from the overall positive experience. Will definitely visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable mealSuzeeQDined on 29/10/2014We like the Cote Restaurant chain and as we had tickets for a concert later at the Royal Albert Hall, we wanted to go somewhere that provides really good food and a quick and efficient service. We weren't disappointed and enjoyed their set 2 course menu. The atmosphere is very nice too and we have no hesitation returning at a later date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoaxDined on 26/10/2014Nice place to go out with friends and love ones, great services and the food is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/10/2014More than what we exspected, excellent food, perfect staff not over powering very polite. Would reconmend it and would defentley would go back again. Very pleasedSpecial Features:
- The cote kensingtonCotebeforeCarminaDined on 25/10/2014Excellent service.we were running late and they still kept booking.We advised we had limited time so service was swift. Good food and wine.Excellent service and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre-theatre bookingGood2getoutDined on 25/10/2014We had a table for 6 before a concert at the Royal Albert Hall. I was able to alter the booking the day before. The staff were excellent - welcoming and attentive at all times, and the food was very good too so I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnthusiasmrockettemortonDined on 24/10/2014Very friendly and eager staff. The food is not gourmet level, but the desserts were really nice. Small but very competently selected wine list With nice prices. But for the Gevrey-Chambertin, bigger glasses would be approriate!I would recommend this to a friend.
- unpretentious but pretty goodpff1804VIPDined on 9/10/2014I went to Cote for lunch with a friend. Although the set menus offer a pretty good selection, we both opted for the al la carte. The dining room is pleasant enough, the food and service pretty good and all in all Cote is a reasonably priced, unpretentious and reliable choice especially for lunch or pre-theatre. I go fairly often for lunch and will certainly continue to do so.Special Features:
- MusicloverDined on 8/10/2014An ideal place to meet friends to eat before a show at the Royal Albert Hall. One of our party was late and the staff were really helpful in keeping her food warm for her and serving it as soon as she arrived so that we were not late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded all expectationsCheshireSageDined on 8/10/2014Visited Cote in Kensington for a pre-concert (James Taylor) meal due to its proximity to Royal Albert Hall and the favourable open table reviews. Food and service were superb. I had steak tartare to start, pork belly for main and creme caramel for dessert. All were absolutely faultless and the efficient and attentive waitress recommended a delicious bottle of Beaujolais. Probably the best meal I have had in London and would definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- A nice experiencetriplecrownDined on 7/10/2014We found all of the waiters very nice with a warm welcome to all clients that were dining that evening. The food was very good for the price of the 3 course evening special. I would certainly choose this restaurant again,as well as other venues in the chain. Outstanding value !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food,excellent valueOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014Booked a table for lunch for 4 people.Lots to choose on the menu to suit everyone.Table was booked for 12.15,it was not busy when we arrived but it got busier as the lunchtime went on,so I'm glad I booked.We all ended up ordering from the set lunch menu.There were quite a few choices and such excellent value.The restaurant is just off Kensington High Street,so it seems a little more relaxed and off the beaten path,but of course it is very easy to get to. I was hosting friends and was quite nervous about choosing a place for our lunch as I don't live in London but I could not have been more pleased with my choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner pre-theatreMariaDined on 27/9/2014We treated our guests to an early dinner prior to going to the Royal Albert Hall. Perfect food, nice atmosphere, ticked all the boxes.Special Features:
- Excellent Sunday LunchSeptimus2012Dined on 21/9/2014Again the restaurant provided an excellent Sunday lunch. The food was very good and service excellent; delivered with just the right touch. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful breakfastDuffDined on 20/9/2014We enjoyed a lovely breakfast here on 20th September. All food served was beautifully prepared and served by friendly, efficient staff. I'd made a special request on my OpenTable booking and although this must have taken some effort on their part, it had been fully attended to. Thanks, I appreciated it! Will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Prom supperPrePromsDined on 11/9/2014We dined outside, light heating quite sufficient, and it was very pleasant to people watch. Supper excellent, and wine very acceptable. Good waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Côte KensingtonGrannyJDined on 7/9/2014We went to Cote Kensington after a Sunday afternoon Proms concert. It was relatively quiet when we arrived but it was soon busy. The staff were excellent - friendly, attentive and helpful. The food was good and we had a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Exceptional serviceSamrezDined on 28/8/2014We are frequent visitors to this excellent establishment. - we are always warmly welcomed and looked after with friendly efficiency. The food is of top quality, well and quickly cooked. The wine list is imaginative and reasonable value. We'll be back!Special Features:
- promloverDined on 27/8/2014The service was quick and very cordial. The staff were all very welcoming. My meal was delicious, but my friend was put off choosing the mussels because there was no bread included - really? How much does a chunk of bread cost? You wouldn't get that in France!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingmrcerecDined on 24/8/2014Went with high expectations due to previous reviews. Pre-theatre meal - though be warned no pre-theatre menu at weekend. Food was ok, but given the cost of the food (1 course and 1 beer each for 4 people) of nearly £80, I would not return.Special Features:
- Excellent Service with a smile!happyfromEalingDined on 22/8/2014The food was good as always and the service was exceptional. All of the waiters were really helpful, polite and fun. I would definately go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cote in KensingtonJudiVIPDined on 11/8/2014Great and friendly service, combined with a fantastic and very varied menu and excellently cooked food in a really fun atmosphere once again made this a very successful business evening. You can only book for 6 online but a request for them to provide for 12 was picked up on the booking. Always reliableSpecial Features:
- such a great findkevdrwgDined on 9/8/2014Went based on recommendations here and on trip advisor for pre Albert Hall meal. The food is good and the service is fantastic. Felt very welcome and attended to throughout. And the best thing we paid only £50 or so for two including wine. Best value for money in Kensington. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableFoodJunkieDined on 2/8/2014Restaurant wasn't too busy when we arrived for pre show dinner but filled within the hour. As it became busier service tailed off a bit. Overall it was nice place to have dinner, food was good although it seems mine was better than my wife's 😉 the Creme Caramel was absolutely delicious, I can understand why it's their specialitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, value for moneymotownVIPDined on 30/7/2014The best prix fixe meal in London. The food is good and it has a real French bistro feeling.Special Features:
- A stapleSKHANVIPDined on 27/7/2014I usually love Cote but found the service to be lacking in this branch. It took an inordinately long amount of time to be seated and for someone to take our order. I am pregnant and ordered tap water while waiting on a hot day - which took over 15 minutes to arrive. Generally shoddy service and also the mushroom crepe was abysmal. Swimming in an artery clogging VAT of cream and gruyere cheese. Mushrooms were tasteless and the whole sordid affair was completely at odds with food and service at other branches of this usually slick operation.Special Features:
- good value for moneypff1804VIPDined on 15/7/2014I meet my brother for lunch fairly regularly and we often go t to Cote in Kensington. The food is pretty decent and good value for money, the dining room is pleasant and service fairly good. Cote is an unpretentious restaurant and an ideal lunch-time venue and I'm sure we will continue going there.Special Features:
- Fantastic value for moneyKensingtonDined on 7/7/2014Great wholesome French fare with good service. Strongly recommended for a casual night out or a weekend lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebratory mealhappyeaterDined on 4/7/2014Having eaten here before a few years ago having chanced upon this gem, I booked for a celebration meal. I was not disappointed and neither were the other guests as we were welcomed wholeheartedly and looked after extremely well throughout our visit.Special Features:
- JillVIPDined on 14/6/2014Lovely meal at Cote we all had steak or chicken and no problem swapping the sauces. Very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good meal at CotejeremymanguDined on 30/5/2014Usually pop here every couple of weeks or so - good space, outdoor seating for smokers, normal Cote menu with food that's good and good value (£10 for a main, £10 two course specials) - wine list good/cheap, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday LunchSeptimus2012Dined on 11/5/2014Another excellent Sunday lunch - good food, wines and service. There is a real French ambience to the restaurant. Thoroughly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as always!NewlywedsDined on 7/5/2014Very good service, good food and value for money. Always happy to return and to recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude staff and poor serviceIanHarryDined on 5/5/2014The staff were really rude and the food was average at best. The asparagus starter had not been cooked through properly so it was raw in places, while the quality of the beef for the steak frites was extremely low.Special Features:
- average foodAuroraDined on 29/4/2014Average food, cheap prices. Nothing special but the value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.