London, W1J 7NWNeighbourhood:
PeruvianPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://coyarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 020 7042 7118
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Peruvian
- Executive Chef: Sanjay Dwivedi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: A private dining room housing a table for ten with a private smoking terrace, the Chef’s Table is available for reservation.
- Private Party Contact: Catia 02070427118
- Entertainment: Celebrating the spirit of Latin America, the music and cultural program at Coya will oscillate between the old and the new, taking in a lateral view of Latin culture through a London lens. Whether it is street art or classic photography, the greatest musicians of times gone by or the quirkiest collaborations between British musicians and contemporary Latin bands, the Coya Collective will be neither predictable nor one dimensional.
A word from Coya London
Coya Restaurant and Bar brings the spirit of Latin America to the heart of London. With a modern Peruvian restaurant at the centre of Coya’s culture, chefs will entertain as food is prepared in one of three open kitchens, the Ceviche Bar (raw bar), La Parrilla (open charcoal grill) and the Cocina Central (central kitchen). An extensive Pisco Bar specializing in bespoke pisco infusions, specialist tequilas and rum, sits adjacent to the main dining room, where the sights and sounds of Coya come together to fill the senses with the essence of Latin American culture.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Coya London reviews from OpenTable diners
212 reviews since 26 November 2013
special occasions (109)fit for foodies (102)business meals (68)romance (66)group bookings (47)good vegetarian options (28)pre/post theatre (23)sunday lunch (18)brunch (11)outstanding value (10)outdoor eating (5)child friendly (2)Show More
- Good enoughmariosimonelliDined on 22/11/2014Despite the great food and the good service, being a late booking we have been rushed out from the begin to the very end where the bill has indeed arrived without having asked for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 22/11/2014The food was amazing, everyone should try salmon ceviche. Service was very polite and pleasant. I definitely recommend a drink at the bar , before dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant with outstanding foodMaddeDined on 22/11/2014Excellent restaurant with outstanding food and service. One of the best restaurants I have visited during my stay in London. Also loved the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fabulous evening in CoyaAWAWVIPDined on 19/11/2014This was our 3rd meal in Coya and was probably our best evening yet. The service was outstanding and the food amazing. The waiter spent a really long time talking us through the menu and made some really good recommendations which were delicious. The atmosphere in the restaurant and upstairs is excellent and they serve wonderful pisco sours. We will definitely be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice overall atmosphere and foodAudreyDined on 9/11/2014The service as great. The food really refine. However, it s a bit expensive... But we all had a great time thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClarevilleVIPDined on 7/11/2014Went to this fabulous restaurant Coya on Friday to celebrate a birthday. It's a bit like the Peruvian answer to Hakkasan. Very trendy, great décor and fun attentive staff. We let our waiter choose and he did so brilliantly. Great Pisco sours to start with and the beef was particularly good. Wine menu eye wateringly expensive and with the amount of spice in the food I am not sure a serious bottle is appropriate. We had two bottle of a 'medium' priced wine (here about £60) and came away with a bill of just over £100 each (had we been splitting it which we were not). Fantastic evening and would strongly recommend a visit for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Very Good PeruvianWineSnobDined on 2/11/2014Dinner with friends was a pleasant surprise. The various Peruvian dishes were well prepared, and the service was attentive.Special Features:
- Good food, but not real PeruvianOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 27/10/2014Very good food and beautifully presented but not very authentic. The anticuchos and the arrox con choclo were not peruvian at all and the ceviches only average. Great pisco sours and mains and it is a beautiful restaurant though,Special Features:
- Good food, poorly managed servicenknijVIPDined on 27/10/2014The food was pretty good although a touch overpriced, but then that's part and parcel of what is quite a high end restaurant with good atmosphere and very nicely finished interior. Service was poorly managed - staff were quite happy to let us order fully 30 minutes into our reservation (we were not in a rush) and then soon after we finished eating they abruptly asked us to move to a table in the bar as they needed our table back. I considered this to be poor form, they should have informed us at the start of our reservation that they needed the table back and then we could pace our meal appropriately to not feel rushed out after spending over £100 per head on the meal & wine. It left a sour taste in the mouth, which is a shame.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW WOW WOWOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/10/2014We were 6 ppl, and left all the orders to George. Food is incredibly good and service was fast and waiters are friendly.Special Features:
- Poor servicefoodnotserviceDined on 26/10/2014Excellent food, but waiters push more & more dishes on you, and bring them all together rather than in sequence. Go for the food despite the poor service!Special Features:
- dont listen to waitersDMDMDined on 26/10/2014high quality food but service was a bit lacking - bit slow with the food despite having 3 kitchens and waitress kept trying to make us order more food than we wanted on a few occassions they need to calm that down else will lose repeat businessSpecial Features:
- Coya delivers againgreedygirlVIPDined on 23/10/2014My second time at Coya to introduce it to a friend. She was wowed by both the food and ambiance, and I wasn't disappointed for my second visit. Not cheap but a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Good FoodGoodVIPDined on 18/10/2014Atmosphere similar as NYC Great Food Great Service Don't changeSpecial Features:
- Fantastic food & great venueSteveDDined on 18/10/2014Went to Coya for an anniversary meal and was generally very impressed. I had booked for the main restaurant at 6.45 as that was the only time available. However, when we arrived we were told we would be eating in the bar, which was set up for casual dining but was empty and not what we wanted. We informed the staff that we had booked for the main restaurant and they did move us downstairs but we had to eat side by side at a counter which wasn't ideal.However, the food was sensational (every single dish), the service was excellent and I would definitely recommend visiting. The only negative on the food was that we chose the tasting menu and we were full half way through because the portions were so big!Special Features:
- Good food, mediocre serviceD123Dined on 17/10/2014The food here is good, but the service itself is unprofessional, robotic and genuinely doesn't make sense at times..at one point they changed out plates while we were still eating because the mains was on the way. Then one of out starter dishes came out after our mains. To conclude food was good, service poor and uncoordinated, there are better places to eat in this price range but I my experience may be a one off.
- Pricey but niceMasiDined on 17/10/2014Food was delicious but there is a very hard sell to over order - not familiar with peruvian we ended up overordering by £60 party of 4Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food very attentive serviceGBLondonVIPDined on 14/10/2014Dined at Coya this week and it is now my favourite London restaurant. Our Croatian waiter was very charming and attentive and helped us to select dishes. Food is beautifully presented, extremely fresh and so tasty. Ambience is great for evenings out. Cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- Sunday LunchcomedinewithmeDined on 12/10/2014I was expecting a la carte to be available on Sunday however when i got there there was only a lunch menu available where you get all the starters which were okay (i would not have ordered many of the choices) and the main course was mediocre. My friend ordered the lamb dish which was recommended by the waiter however there was hardly any meat; it was full of fat! We were both looking forward to the dessert and this was a sharing platter of three desserts including a chocolate brownie. Before we got to enjoy the trio a fly was hovering around the plate and actually settled on the brownie for some time which naturally put us off. I would go back to Coya to try the a al carte for an evening meal but not in a hurry.Special Features:
- Five star Peruvian in MayfairhollandparkfoodieDined on 10/10/2014what an exceptional meal and venue, unpretentious fabulous service. we had a couple of Pisco sours which were excellent and cerviche, yellow fin tuna, sea bass and the most amazing scallops. we followed this with tiraditos , one sweet corn tiradito and one quinoa both exceptional. to finish we had a white and dark chocolate mousse and a cheesecake with the recommended wines. A gastro delight!Special Features:
- Exciting tastesserrinaDined on 6/10/2014I had not tried Peruvian cuisine before and was curious about it. Friends recommended Coya but since I wanted to be surprised I did not inquire about the food beforehand. It has been a very satisfying experience encountering familiar fares in new and exciting combinations. I will make sure to eat there everytime I go to London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyHughesyDined on 4/10/2014Just lovely. Really enjoyed it. The food looks and tastes deliciousSpecial Features:
- coyafatandjolly1Dined on 3/10/2014Nice enough and good for non red meat eaters as there is a good selection of fish and veg Curious presentation of the patata dish covered in tomato ketchup and mustardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointswelshwebberDined on 2/10/2014Another wonderful meal at Coya. The ceviches are fabulous and the pisco sours brilliantSpecial Features:
- Coya always deliverswelshwebberDined on 13/9/2014This was my third visit to Coya and again, not disappointed. The freshness of the flavours in the ceviches are amazing. the flavour combinations in general are wonderful. Have already booked another visit ...Special Features:
- Nice ambiance!MarthaDined on 12/9/2014The restaurant is very good. The only thing was that I booked a deal here and they phoned me saying that there was no deal in the evenings (even if I booked a VERY early dinner!). That was not said in the site! So we went for dinner anyway and had to pay the full price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphereBillDined on 30/8/2014This is the third time that we've been here. The food is very good & it's always busy & has lots of atmosphere.Special Features:
- Exquisite food somewhat priceyiodaxDined on 30/8/2014The service at Coya was excellent and our attentive waiter took time to really consider our preferences and make superb choices, which I'm pleased we followed as they were delicious - a the bar we enjoyed a traditional Peruvian pico sour cocktail with a twist. They were delicious but when my friend was asked if he wanted another and said "no" they misheard and brought another anyway. At the table the extensive menu included enough unusual items that we were pleased to have the waiter's excellent advice. The atmosphere in the restaurant was superb and became progressively more lively and somewhat jet-set as the evening progressed. All in all we had a very enjoyable experience - but expensive as the meal worked out to around £100 per head.Special Features:
- Nice Peruvian food - not serviceHappySushiVIPDined on 25/8/2014Coya is located in the basement of a hotel building-type simar to those on Park Lane, so you would expect a great attention to service / details. The food has great Peruvian flavours (however not outstanding except for ceviches) but the experience is killed by the level of service: from meals serving without any explanations, dropped on table at different moments, and especially taken away even if you are not done. Some waiters seem to not have get the memo that an attitude is visible from everyone and service is a skill! Our waiter was just looking rude in the way he addresses to us. Dishes and drinks cleared up before we are done. disappointing from this type of restaurant and I would think twice before going again.Special Features:
- GreatLocalheroVIPDined on 23/8/2014Delicious food, great decor and fantastic service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and servicecswallow0425Dined on 23/8/2014Great service, delicious food. Loved the tuna ceviche and the Chilian seabass. Make sure to have the chocolate ganache dessert, probably the best dessert I've ever eaten. Have the £75 per head tasting menu and you'll get to try all of the restaurants most popular dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoorFoodie23Dined on 20/8/2014Pretentious and rude. Told we could not order the set menu as it would take too long to serve and we only had a two hour time slot as they were very busy! There's plenty of restaurants in London where they do make you feel important. Stay away from this one.
- Great peruvian fine diningmaverickVIPDined on 18/8/2014Coya is a great place. We've been there 3 times already. The staff is try to park people starting from the not so nice tables but when you ask to sit in a good table they change it. Good place.Special Features:
- Rather disappointingMariaDined on 16/8/2014Food was ok, service was really bad at the beginning to the point that they had to apologise. We didn't even get water for the first 30 mins. Quite pricey for what it isSpecial Features:
- Outstanding Peruvian food!DelectableDivaDined on 14/8/2014We arrived earlier than our noontime booking, and very pleasantly surprised with the quiet waiting area. Staff were very good with our little 5y.o diner and very accommodating with her requests. Outstanding food and an extremely palate pleasing dishes. The lunchtime "set" course selections had very good portions. Our little diner is usually a picky eater, yet asked for TWO helpings of the skewered chicken (Pollo Antichuchos). Outstanding choices are the Filetes Dorades (Seabream) Lubinos Clasico (Ceviche), Salmon Nikkei, Calamares Fritos con Ocopa (crispy fried squid with the marigold & mint dipping sauce very appetising! our 5 year old loved it, minus the sauce)Special Features:
- Lovely decor and foodTeresaVIPDined on 12/8/2014The moment you walk into the restaurant you are transported into some exotic south American location with dark blue wall and luxurious bars. We ordered a sea bream ceviche which was out of this world and a few skewers which were lovely. Portions are quite small so you would have to order 3 or 4 small dishes and two main dishes. We had dried potato with truffles hotpot which was wholesome and tasty. The whole meal was delicious and waiters are knowledgeable and polite. The meal was not cheap but you are not just paying for the food and it is Mayfair. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants something interesting and tasty in a beautiful surroundings.Special Features:
- Very disappointed serviceLouieDined on 12/8/2014The food is good but I feel the service doesn't deserve a good reviews. I booked the restaurant because I was interested to try its tasting menu. When we started to order at 7pm, I was told it's too late to serve the tasting menu but it' s written on the menu that the tasting menu is available until 10pm! We ordered a couple of starters, mains, desert and wine from the normal menu. During the dining, we has a strong feeling being rushed - for a number of times, waiters attempted to take away the dishes even when it's just over half finished! Wine was poured to our glasses without asking. Finally, we were "asked" directly to "give them the table because they are too busy" when it's only 9.15pm and we didn't finish our wine. Never again!
- delicious foodElmleaDined on 9/8/2014We randomly chose the restaurant because it was near. it's one floor below ground but surprisingly get a lot of sunlight from the windows. The decor is smart and elegant. The food is just delicious. The baby calamares were cooked just right and seasoned delicately, it came with a Peruvian dipping sauce that is divine. The fish and fennel salad were beautiful, even the quinoa salad was perfect and moreish. The dessert was corn ice cream with pop corn which worked really well. Only odd thing is the food came in random order, my partner has had 2 course served for her and my starter hadn't arrived yet. Guess it would better if we shared everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful delicious foodIeatoutalotDined on 8/8/2014The service in the bar was not good, considering it was early and nearly empty it was not what you'd expect in a place of this standard with those prices! The rest of the staff were all great though. Food is too quality and delicious, on the expensive side but nothing disappointed. Will definitely return but without stopping for a drink first!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service, wondetful foodvg29Dined on 8/8/2014We had an early dinner at Coya - it was our first experience with Peruvian food and we loved it. The staff were really friendly, extremely attentive and the food was served super quick. The food itself was full of fascinating flavours. We particularly liked the corn salad and the spicy beef fillet, although the ceviche was also lovely. The beef carpaccio was great too. We didn't get a chance to sample the anticucho and we will definitely return to try them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.