London, W1J 7NWNeighbourhood:
PeruvianPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://coyarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 02070427118
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Peruvian
- Executive Chef: Sanjay Dwivedi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: A private dining room housing a table for ten with a private smoking terrace, the Chef’s Table is available for reservation.
- Private Party Contact: Catia 02070427118
- Entertainment: Celebrating the spirit of Latin America, the music and cultural program at Coya will oscillate between the old and the new, taking in a lateral view of Latin culture through a London lens. Whether it is street art or classic photography, the greatest musicians of times gone by or the quirkiest collaborations between British musicians and contemporary Latin bands, the Coya Collective will be neither predictable nor one dimensional.
A word from Coya Restaurant
Coya Restaurant and Bar brings the spirit of Latin America to the heart of London. With a modern Peruvian restaurant at the centre of Coya’s culture, chefs will entertain as food is prepared in one of three open kitchens, the Ceviche Bar (raw bar), La Parrilla (open charcoal grill) and the Cocina Central (central kitchen). An extensive Pisco Bar specializing in bespoke pisco infusions, specialist tequilas and rum, sits adjacent to the main dining room, where the sights and sounds of Coya come together to fill the senses with the essence of Latin American culture.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Coya Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since 25 October 2013
special occasions (94)fit for foodies (88)business meals (61)romance (59)group bookings (42)good vegetarian options (28)pre/post theatre (20)sunday lunch (15)brunch (11)outstanding value (10)child friendly (3)outdoor eating (3)Show More
- Really Good FoodGoodVIPDined on 18/10/2014Atmosphere similar as NYC Great Food Great Service Don't changeSpecial Features:
- Fantastic food & great venueSteveDDined on 18/10/2014Went to Coya for an anniversary meal and was generally very impressed. I had booked for the main restaurant at 6.45 as that was the only time available. However, when we arrived we were told we would be eating in the bar, which was set up for casual dining but was empty and not what we wanted. We informed the staff that we had booked for the main restaurant and they did move us downstairs but we had to eat side by side at a counter which wasn't ideal.However, the food was sensational (every single dish), the service was excellent and I would definitely recommend visiting. The only negative on the food was that we chose the tasting menu and we were full half way through because the portions were so big!Special Features:
- Good food, mediocre serviceD123Dined on 17/10/2014The food here is good, but the service itself is unprofessional, robotic and genuinely doesn't make sense at times..at one point they changed out plates while we were still eating because the mains was on the way. Then one of out starter dishes came out after our mains. To conclude food was good, service poor and uncoordinated, there are better places to eat in this price range but I my experience may be a one off.
- Pricey but niceMasiDined on 17/10/2014Food was delicious but there is a very hard sell to over order - not familiar with peruvian we ended up overordering by £60 party of 4Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food very attentive serviceGBLondonDined on 14/10/2014Dined at Coya this week and it is now my favourite London restaurant. Our Croatian waiter was very charming and attentive and helped us to select dishes. Food is beautifully presented, extremely fresh and so tasty. Ambience is great for evenings out. Cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- Sunday LunchcomedinewithmeDined on 12/10/2014I was expecting a la carte to be available on Sunday however when i got there there was only a lunch menu available where you get all the starters which were okay (i would not have ordered many of the choices) and the main course was mediocre. My friend ordered the lamb dish which was recommended by the waiter however there was hardly any meat; it was full of fat! We were both looking forward to the dessert and this was a sharing platter of three desserts including a chocolate brownie. Before we got to enjoy the trio a fly was hovering around the plate and actually settled on the brownie for some time which naturally put us off. I would go back to Coya to try the a al carte for an evening meal but not in a hurry.Special Features:
- Five star Peruvian in MayfairhollandparkfoodieDined on 10/10/2014what an exceptional meal and venue, unpretentious fabulous service. we had a couple of Pisco sours which were excellent and cerviche, yellow fin tuna, sea bass and the most amazing scallops. we followed this with tiraditos , one sweet corn tiradito and one quinoa both exceptional. to finish we had a white and dark chocolate mousse and a cheesecake with the recommended wines. A gastro delight!Special Features:
- Exciting tastesserrinaDined on 6/10/2014I had not tried Peruvian cuisine before and was curious about it. Friends recommended Coya but since I wanted to be surprised I did not inquire about the food beforehand. It has been a very satisfying experience encountering familiar fares in new and exciting combinations. I will make sure to eat there everytime I go to London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyHughesyDined on 4/10/2014Just lovely. Really enjoyed it. The food looks and tastes deliciousSpecial Features:
- coyafatandjolly1Dined on 3/10/2014Nice enough and good for non red meat eaters as there is a good selection of fish and veg Curious presentation of the patata dish covered in tomato ketchup and mustardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointswelshwebberDined on 2/10/2014Another wonderful meal at Coya. The ceviches are fabulous and the pisco sours brilliantSpecial Features:
- Coya always deliverswelshwebberDined on 13/9/2014This was my third visit to Coya and again, not disappointed. The freshness of the flavours in the ceviches are amazing. the flavour combinations in general are wonderful. Have already booked another visit ...Special Features:
- Nice ambiance!MarthaDined on 12/9/2014The restaurant is very good. The only thing was that I booked a deal here and they phoned me saying that there was no deal in the evenings (even if I booked a VERY early dinner!). That was not said in the site! So we went for dinner anyway and had to pay the full price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphereBillDined on 30/8/2014This is the third time that we've been here. The food is very good & it's always busy & has lots of atmosphere.Special Features:
- Exquisite food somewhat priceyiodaxDined on 30/8/2014The service at Coya was excellent and our attentive waiter took time to really consider our preferences and make superb choices, which I'm pleased we followed as they were delicious - a the bar we enjoyed a traditional Peruvian pico sour cocktail with a twist. They were delicious but when my friend was asked if he wanted another and said "no" they misheard and brought another anyway. At the table the extensive menu included enough unusual items that we were pleased to have the waiter's excellent advice. The atmosphere in the restaurant was superb and became progressively more lively and somewhat jet-set as the evening progressed. All in all we had a very enjoyable experience - but expensive as the meal worked out to around £100 per head.Special Features:
- Nice Peruvian food - not serviceHappySushiVIPDined on 25/8/2014Coya is located in the basement of a hotel building-type simar to those on Park Lane, so you would expect a great attention to service / details. The food has great Peruvian flavours (however not outstanding except for ceviches) but the experience is killed by the level of service: from meals serving without any explanations, dropped on table at different moments, and especially taken away even if you are not done. Some waiters seem to not have get the memo that an attitude is visible from everyone and service is a skill! Our waiter was just looking rude in the way he addresses to us. Dishes and drinks cleared up before we are done. disappointing from this type of restaurant and I would think twice before going again.Special Features:
- GreatLocalheroVIPDined on 23/8/2014Delicious food, great decor and fantastic service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and servicecswallow0425Dined on 23/8/2014Great service, delicious food. Loved the tuna ceviche and the Chilian seabass. Make sure to have the chocolate ganache dessert, probably the best dessert I've ever eaten. Have the £75 per head tasting menu and you'll get to try all of the restaurants most popular dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoorFoodie23Dined on 20/8/2014Pretentious and rude. Told we could not order the set menu as it would take too long to serve and we only had a two hour time slot as they were very busy! There's plenty of restaurants in London where they do make you feel important. Stay away from this one.
- Great peruvian fine diningmaverickVIPDined on 18/8/2014Coya is a great place. We've been there 3 times already. The staff is try to park people starting from the not so nice tables but when you ask to sit in a good table they change it. Good place.Special Features:
- Rather disappointingMariaDined on 16/8/2014Food was ok, service was really bad at the beginning to the point that they had to apologise. We didn't even get water for the first 30 mins. Quite pricey for what it isSpecial Features:
- Outstanding Peruvian food!DelectableDivaDined on 14/8/2014We arrived earlier than our noontime booking, and very pleasantly surprised with the quiet waiting area. Staff were very good with our little 5y.o diner and very accommodating with her requests. Outstanding food and an extremely palate pleasing dishes. The lunchtime "set" course selections had very good portions. Our little diner is usually a picky eater, yet asked for TWO helpings of the skewered chicken (Pollo Antichuchos). Outstanding choices are the Filetes Dorades (Seabream) Lubinos Clasico (Ceviche), Salmon Nikkei, Calamares Fritos con Ocopa (crispy fried squid with the marigold & mint dipping sauce very appetising! our 5 year old loved it, minus the sauce)Special Features:
- Lovely decor and foodTeresaVIPDined on 12/8/2014The moment you walk into the restaurant you are transported into some exotic south American location with dark blue wall and luxurious bars. We ordered a sea bream ceviche which was out of this world and a few skewers which were lovely. Portions are quite small so you would have to order 3 or 4 small dishes and two main dishes. We had dried potato with truffles hotpot which was wholesome and tasty. The whole meal was delicious and waiters are knowledgeable and polite. The meal was not cheap but you are not just paying for the food and it is Mayfair. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants something interesting and tasty in a beautiful surroundings.Special Features:
- Very disappointed serviceLouieDined on 12/8/2014The food is good but I feel the service doesn't deserve a good reviews. I booked the restaurant because I was interested to try its tasting menu. When we started to order at 7pm, I was told it's too late to serve the tasting menu but it' s written on the menu that the tasting menu is available until 10pm! We ordered a couple of starters, mains, desert and wine from the normal menu. During the dining, we has a strong feeling being rushed - for a number of times, waiters attempted to take away the dishes even when it's just over half finished! Wine was poured to our glasses without asking. Finally, we were "asked" directly to "give them the table because they are too busy" when it's only 9.15pm and we didn't finish our wine. Never again!
- delicious foodElmleaDined on 9/8/2014We randomly chose the restaurant because it was near. it's one floor below ground but surprisingly get a lot of sunlight from the windows. The decor is smart and elegant. The food is just delicious. The baby calamares were cooked just right and seasoned delicately, it came with a Peruvian dipping sauce that is divine. The fish and fennel salad were beautiful, even the quinoa salad was perfect and moreish. The dessert was corn ice cream with pop corn which worked really well. Only odd thing is the food came in random order, my partner has had 2 course served for her and my starter hadn't arrived yet. Guess it would better if we shared everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful delicious foodIeatoutalotDined on 8/8/2014The service in the bar was not good, considering it was early and nearly empty it was not what you'd expect in a place of this standard with those prices! The rest of the staff were all great though. Food is too quality and delicious, on the expensive side but nothing disappointed. Will definitely return but without stopping for a drink first!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service, wondetful foodvg29Dined on 8/8/2014We had an early dinner at Coya - it was our first experience with Peruvian food and we loved it. The staff were really friendly, extremely attentive and the food was served super quick. The food itself was full of fascinating flavours. We particularly liked the corn salad and the spicy beef fillet, although the ceviche was also lovely. The beef carpaccio was great too. We didn't get a chance to sample the anticucho and we will definitely return to try them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something special and niceDinghaoDined on 4/8/2014We did not know what to expect from a Peruvian restaurant. The Coya is a deceptively large restaurant. The decor is on the dark side but classy. All the staff are welcoming and helpful not just in the interest of the restaurant. It turned out that they would suggest a central sharing meal and we could try all the different dishes. The raw fish really stands out. The beef and cooked fish are both very well seasoned and the texture tender. The overall taste is that it has quite a bit of Japanese and Chinese origin. The ambience is fit for romance and business. Highly recommended. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Sexy peruviancitydwellerVIPDined on 2/8/2014Perfect for a late night dining experience. A bit pricey thoughSpecial Features:
- Great place to hang outNadineDined on 31/7/2014Loved the ambiance! Staff v friendly and the food is really good. Cant wait it opens in Dubai.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt like a theme restaurant.RussianSaladDined on 28/7/2014The service was lovely -our waitress explained the menu really well & drinks came quickly. The whole feel of the place is like an upmarket Hard Rock though. The seabass ceviche was overpowered by the red onion & chilli marinade. The yellowtail with radish & chilli was beautifully presented & the fish delicate but again you couldn't really taste the fish. The patas bravas were laughable - 8 slices of fried potato with what looked like tomato purée & mayonnaise on top. The fillet of beef was very good - best dish of the night. After £180 including 3 glasses of wine & two cocktails we were still hungry! Wouldn't rush back.
- Wonderful Sunday brunchwelshwebberDined on 27/7/2014Coya is a high end restaurant and the Sunday brunch offers an amazing experience at an affordable price. Flavours amazing, service excellent and guitarist/ singer providing entertainment was outstanding. My first time at Coya, will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Taste SensationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 23/7/2014Truly spectacular food, a real taste sensation. The signature menu is full to the brim with course after course of sumptuous food - we left bursting at the seams, they could probably do with taking off at least one course! Service was good, although we had about 12 different members of the team interact with us during our 2.5 hour visit!Special Features:
- BluebellDined on 19/7/2014Food was very good but unfortunately the service was not.
- Well designed restaurantchukVIPDined on 19/7/2014This was my first time at this establishment. The bar and restaurant. are well designed.
- OutstandingFoodieFrenzyDined on 19/7/2014This was my second visit to Coya, however, this time I came for lunch. Service was excellent and food was even better. Such good cuisine, beautiful presentation and a lovely way to sample so many different dishes. One of my favourite restaurants in London without a doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peruvian food, yum!!BiancaDined on 17/7/2014Loved Coya!, great ambiance, scrumptious food and friendly and attentive service. Our waitress helped us with our order, she suggested the quinoa salad and we were delighted with her suggestion as it was delicious!. I would definitely go back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful...AsitisDined on 13/7/2014Had a wonderful Sunday brunch. The menu was just right, nice selection of seemingly unending stream of starters and sea bass of main course options was cooked to perfection. Excellent service and had a wonderful table and was sitting upstairs which was nice for Sunday brunch... will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchianmDined on 4/7/2014Coya was recommended by a colleague and certainly didn't disappoint, great food well presented, excellent service. Restaurant was surprisingly quiet for a Friday lunchtime but a thoroughly enjoyable experience, wines can be very pricey so choose carefully!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchtime legendlunchlegendDined on 4/7/2014Three of us had the £26.00 menu which was of a very high quality. As it was lunch-time we were offered and accepted the option to dine up-stairs in the "Club" area which was very comfortable. Service was friendly but professional and despite the text threat of a two hour table turn round we were there for over three hours without any pressure being exerted on us to vacate. Would definitely recommend and revisit.Special Features: