Crown and Sandys Arms
Ombersley, WR9 0EWNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
Crown and Sandys Arms
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thecrownandsandys.co.uk/
- Phone: 01905620252
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Monday - Sunday: 10am - 11:45am
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 6pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 6pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, British
- Executive Chef: Stephan Ballard
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Crown and Sandys Arms
Welcome to Crown and Sandys Arms!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Crown and Sandys Arms - Best restaurants in Droitwich ›
Crown and Sandys Arms reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since 26 October 2013
special occasions (36)sunday lunch (25)business meals (22)fit for foodies (21)outstanding value (14)brunch (12)romance (11)good vegetarian options (10)group bookings (9)afternoon tea (9)disabled access (6)outdoor eating (5)child friendly (3)pre/post theatre (2)Show More
- Second time a little disappointingMiameDined on 19/10/2014After a fabulous lunch in June, we were looking forward to returning to the Crown and Sandy's Arms for Sunday lunch (19/10/2014). This time, the food was OK - nothing spectacular, and the service VERY rushed and disjointed. There were many staff around, yet they seemed to be a all over the place - it was difficult to get anyone's attention. (There was no-one to greet us - no eye contact, just constant movement.) On this day we did not connect with the place - it felt as though we were merely moving through. Will maybe wait for a while before returning.
- Consistent QualityLeenDined on 15/10/2014Always excellent value for money. Food always excellentSpecial Features:
- Nice meal for 2AngieAndBobDined on 30/9/2014We ate at Crown and Sandys Arms on a Tuesday evening. It was quite busy for a mid-week evening (always a good sign). We sat in the older part of the building (nearer the bar), which I think was a bonus - a bit more cosy than the newer part of the building, which looked more contemporary. We had a lovely 3 course meal. Service was great. The food was nicely presented, well cooked, and served on hot plates. And the bill was not too big either !! All in all, a good meal in a comfortable venue. We will definitely be eating there again.
- Anniversary DinnerLuvtodineDined on 26/9/2014The Crown and Sandys never dissapoints. This was our fourth visit to the restaurant, and as always, the food and service we received was excellent. Thank you once again for a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening get togetherDelightedDined on 19/9/2014My wife and I had a wonderful meal with old and new friends. An interesting and beautifly cooked meal, well presented. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, bland food.charlotteB88Dined on 10/9/2014It was for my moms birthday, not special occasion made of it by the staff even though that was my request. Staff slow to serve, didn't give any specials from the menu, didn't offer for more drinks always had to be prompted. I don't think I will go back for the food or the environment.Special Features:
- evening meal with friendsjcsjbDined on 12/8/2014Food was excellent and well priced. Would definitely recommend and go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014Just great friendly service ,we were made to feel comfortable as soon as we walked in ,this is all I require in a resturantSpecial Features:
- Another lovely lunchGlobaldinerDined on 28/7/2014What I like about the Crown & Sandys is that you always get a friendly welcome, good but not obtrusive service and very good food at a reasonable price. Our last visit was no exception.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 24/7/2014We were really unhappy not only with the service we received but also the standard of the food. We did make a complaint and it was dealt with
- TheChairman1Dined on 9/7/2014Really good value for money lunch. Nothing too much trouble for staff, and a very vigilant and pleasant managerSpecial Features:
- Varied.eatersDined on 17/6/2014Good service even though there was a function in the other room and we were warned at the start of our meal that there could be delays. My only negative is the difference in the size of portions. 3 of us ordered the same meal and it varied tremendously. One persons fish was huge, while another was tiny, but they seemed to add more chips to fill out the plate! Plates weren't presented in the same way. Plus not all the ingredients were on the plate. I did complain about the dessert and the waiter sorted this immediately and took my dessert of the bill. I would return as 3 courses is good value despite the small problems I encountered. Plus I found it easy yo book using Open table.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/6/2014We had a lovely family meal. The service was great and the waiting staff coped brilliantly with our table who had several family members with food allergies. We would happily return for another meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular EnvironmentSandwellGourmetDined on 25/5/2014Good food in a busy venue. That did mean it was loud (so not the place for a quiet, romantic dinner for two!) and the staff were maybe struggling a touch; but for a group meal in an upbeat environment it's a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better food...shame about the noiseAdvisedDined on 8/5/2014The last time we visited, the food seemed of poorer and the choice restricted. However, this time it seemed these issues had been addressed, apart from dessert...why sprinkle icing sugar on ice cream? However, there was a poor ambience caused by a large business group, including overseas guests, who were seated next to us part way through our meal. They seemed to adopt the old maxim of where there may be language barriers, talk louder, making our conversation near impossible. The serving staff also concentrated their effort on this group, hence not following through on promises made to us. I can't blame them for taking a large booking but the decor is not designed to soak such noise up, so it did affect our enjoyment of the evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely EveningLesley9955Dined on 7/5/2014We visited for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. The venue is lovely the food was excellent and the staff we're very friendly and helpful. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely classy localTruddlesombersleyDined on 4/5/2014Why is it that you have a lovely pub on your doorstep and you drive ten miles to somewhere else crazy. Well had friends over from Holland and they wanted to eat in my home village I am so glad because it was one of the best Sunday lunches I've had for many a day could not recommend it more highlySpecial Features:
- Another lovely lunchGlobaldinerDined on 22/4/2014I often go to the Crown and Sandys for lunch when visiting my son who lives in Worcester. Having travelled up the 70 miles from Wiltshire I am always looking for somewhere good for lunch. On this occasion it was to celebrate my son's birthday. We usually choose A la Carte but the daily three course menu looked very good and extremely good value for money. The starters were small but fine but we both really enjoyed the main course. My son had traditional fish and chips and I had a lamb curry, bhuna style which was as good as most good Indian restaurants. The sticky toffee sundaes also went down well, and all for £17.00 per head plus drinks. Excellent value.Special Features:
- mother's dayshellbelleDined on 30/3/2014The venue looks lovery we were looking forward to a mother's day meal together. The service was very good although mistakes were made they apologised for them. The food was nice but not beautiful which is what we were hoping for. I imagine on a normal day the food is wonderful but unfortunately for us it wasn't the best and we wouldn't race back. Probably the same at alot of places due to the fact it was mother's day. Perhaps if we had gone somewhere cheaper would've just thought oh well you pay for what you get. We did hope for better here but it wasn't to be sadly.
- Very Quiet evening outShawDined on 29/3/2014A table in the function room left us out of the buzz of the bar area. Background music ok, but did feel a little left out, especially as there was a table in the bar area for 4, which was still unoccupied when we left! My daughter chose the lamb rump - very fatty although tasty. There was plenty of pepper sauce with the steak, but it was rather too runny to be of any use. Overall evening was ok.
- Good value and very good foodDinerDined on 21/3/2014We like this dining pub. It does a very good value 2 courses for £12 options. The food is always freshly cooked and of excellent quality and the choices good. We enjoyed everything we had. The wine is good too. I had a lovely Merlot by the glass. The ambience is friendly and service attentive.Special Features:
- Very averageJayneDined on 15/3/2014Bought a three course lunch voucher at a charity auction and went along with high hopes. Not allowed to trade up with the voucher ( lost opportunity for restaurant to showcase other options) pâté very bland, onion tart small, fish pie dry and vegetable risotto short on flavour. Service from rather unfriendly dour waiter - not likely to go back.
- Excellent settingAllanDined on 28/2/2014Excellent setting in a quaint village. Modern but tasteful interior with friendly open fire. Good menu for all occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday lunch with the girlsPaulaDined on 2/2/20144 of us ate at Sunday lunchtime. Service wasexcellevr with drinks ordered and brought to table. We ordered off the al la carte menu and all of our meals were outstanding. Very pleased, wil be back again :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceseanDined on 1/2/2014Excellent food and service but let down by the cheap coffee and still no chocolate baileys although it's on the coffee menu.
- Excellent weekday offerLeenDined on 23/1/2014We have taken advantage of the £30 for two courses for two and bottle of wine on several occasions and have always enjoyed the experience. Would recommend to anyone as midweek treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review noteNiceplaceDined on 23/1/2014A very nice ambience with excellent food. The staff were very attentive and we would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odd experienceAdvisedDined on 18/1/2014We visited the Crown and Sandys on 6 occasions during 2013 and always had a good experience, so were looking forward to going again but my wife and I both came away feeling disappointed. The restaurant is still popular, practically full over Saturday lunchtime, but the food and service were both poorer than our previous experiences. We were looked after when we arrived and the starter of garlic mushrooms on bruschetta was the highlight of the meal. However, both main courses failed to please, with my chilli being more like the offering from the Little Chef in the 1990's. The menu has been reduced, giving less choice and the service was poorer, with the staff more interested in moving tables than our needs towards the end of our meal.
- The January offer is excellentDinerDined on 17/1/2014The January offer is excellent value for money. Well worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Xmas dinnerIngersleyDined on 25/12/2013We had a lovely dinner on Christmas Day. Staff were friendly and efficient and the food was well cooked and hot. Great atmosphere and very busy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good and nicely presentedcrispyDined on 22/12/2013Food was good and nicely presented - service good - staff very friendly and helpful. Good value from the "special" menu. Open for dining on Sunday evening - not many restaurants open on Sunday evenings. Easy Parking - very pleasant ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointingGlobaldinerDined on 21/12/2013I travel up from Wiltshire to see my son, who lives in Worcester, several times a year. The Crown and Sandys is now our restaurant of choice for a lovely lunch where you can relax in a good old fashioned pub with very good food and friendly service. The home made steak pie I had this time was excellent and my son really loved the Gressingham Duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value & serviceFreddieDined on 15/12/2013Considering how busy they were, the staff were attentive. Food good value for money. Wine a little overpriced. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening out.CoopDined on 14/12/2013Had an excellent meal. Service excellent despite the restaurant being full, plus a wedding in the other room. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Excellent foodKeefy10Dined on 7/12/2013We visited the Crown & Sandys on a Saturday afternoon in December 2013 having been to this venue several times in the 70's. It has now changed for the better all round with good seating area's and brilliant food and real ales. We will certainly visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid Week MarvelLeenDined on 26/11/2013The weekday offer of two courses for two and a bottle of wine is excellent value and they do not compromise on quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunday lunchFTMLDined on 17/11/2013Starters not as good as the rest of the meal. However sunday roast excellent and puddings delicious. Service very friendly. We would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceArryDined on 16/11/2013Excellent food and service in a comfortable environment. A little on the expensive side for house wine (£16.00). Otherwise enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meet the Banl ManagerTeatromanDined on 14/11/2013Enjoyed a pleasant lunch with our "former" bank manager to thank him for his help over the years and the location and the food were perfect and I think it was appreciated by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ValueGourmetgirlDined on 5/11/2013Six of us dined recently at the Crown & Sandys and all had the set priced menu for £30 per couple with a bottle of wine. The food was excellent with a great choice of dishes and very generous portions. I thoroughly recommend paying them a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.