Cucina Rustica Birmingham
24 Ludgate Hill
Birmingham, B3 1DXNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
Cucina Rustica Birmingham
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cucinarustica.co.uk/
- Phone: 01212332277
- Hours of Operation:
Every day 12pm -11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cucina Rustica Birmingham
Fine Italian food in the very centre of Birmingham is Cucina Rustica's trademark, a comfortable, atmospheric Italian restaurant popular with both locals and tourists visiting this vibrant city. Although modern and slick in its execution, the choice of deep earthy colours and moody lighting, tactile materials such as wood and stone and the addition of characterful contemporary art and healthy, verdant plants give Cucina Rustica that slight traditional feel suggested by its name and a certain cosiness that gives it a home from home feel. Attention to detail is in every little touch here at Cucina Rustica, from the single rose placed on each table to the complementary olives produced on every guest's arrival. Equally, food is produced with great care, dishes traditionally Italian but done with flair and a certain amount of style, some unusual choices offered alongside classic favourites, all from the classic Italian cookbook and accompanied by a wide array of drinks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cucina Rustica Birmingham reviews from OpenTable diners
- LovelyBouncymouseDined on 15/2/2013The food here was lovely. The menu has a great range of Italian meals whether you're in the mood for pasta, pizza, meat and veg... Beautifully presented and great value for money. The restaurant itself has a lovely, warm atmosphere although the tables are a little closely packed and it can be very noisy. The bread and olives while you are waiting are a lovely addition, and it's nice that you don't get charged for them too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening, great food,StevieDined on 15/2/2013Lovely evening, great food, great service. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Good!AndyDined on 14/2/2013The staff were friendly and professional, the food was good. Personally I would suggest this restaurant to my friends and will definitely go back there.Special Features:
- Loved it !BrockyDined on 14/2/2013Had a wonderful evening at Cucina Rustica, they were busy as it was Valentine's night but the staff were friendly and attentive, we stayed for drinks after our meal in the small bar and witnessed that every customer seemed to be treated the same so not a "one off" all in all a lovely evening in a bustling lively restaurant with excellent food and friendly polite and attentive staff, we can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply beautifulcasaDined on 14/2/2013What an amazing restaurant. The food was sublime. The service was excellent and friendly, you really do get looked after. The restaurant itself is sleek, stylish and has a very continental feel. I love this place and will definitely go back on another occassion, my wife asbolutely loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant evening...LuigiDined on 9/2/2013Had a good evening with good food and good service. Unfortunately, the kitchen forgot to serve 2 side dishes, which ended up on the bill. The manager was very concerned and apologised for this before the bill arrived. The Estonian waitress was excellent and very busy but managed to stay aware of our needs. This was inspite of a large, noisy and drunken party close by. We will return but probably on a quieter night as it was busy and noisy not calm and sophisticated.Special Features:
- Below-average food, good serviceItalianFoodLoverDined on 8/2/2013The service and atmosphere was actually good, but the food unfortunately was a let-down. I ordered the pasta with duck... Well, I have to say that it would be easier to find a needle in a haystack instead of duck meat in this dish. It was basically pasta with a very heavy creamy mushroom sauce with 2-3 microscopic small bits of duck. As cream was not mentioned in the menu at all and I do not cope really well with heavy cream, I wasn't too delighted and suffered the whole evening. The dish my boyfriend had (pasta frutti di mare) was somewhat better, but also average. Starters were alright, but nothing special. I would recommend to eat at Pasta di Piazza just around the corner. It can be hard to get a table, but the food is just fantastic.Special Features:
- Saturday DiningHenryFinneganDined on 2/2/2013My fiancee and I booked a table at Cucina Rustica, as we've always passed by on other evenings out and never managed to get time to go in. We got a table for saturday night around 7pm and we were seated immediately and bizarrely next to two good friends of ours who had also decided to try Cucina too. Great options on the meal and friendly staff made for a enjoyable evening. I would recommend Cucina to friends but would suggest booking as it became quite busy during our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian in BirminghamEssexDined on 26/1/2013A great all round experience, service and food were outstanding, decent wine list and a really good atmosphere. Highly recommend this restaurant. We all had different starters and mains - everything was beautifully prepared and presented. We will be back again next time we are in Birmingham. Williams, Essex.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian DreamFoodie123Dined on 26/1/2013Fabulous meal at Cucina Rustina, excellent service but not intrusive and some nice touches... Olives and bread and a chocolate pot if you order coffee. Excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cucina Ructica Buon GustostewpotDined on 24/1/2013the restaurant was not busy of a Thursday lunch time, there was only the manager and one waitress front of house. I was there for a business meeting/lunch and the service was charming and attentive. The manager was courteous and involved but not overly so. jus enough to be made to feel we were valued....well worth the visit. I asked for a dish not on the menu and was delivered of it beautifully cooked. If you must be in Birmingham this establishment is well worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday eveningWiggyDined on 14/1/2013I visited CR with my husband and two children (in their 20’s) to celebrate my son’s birthday. It was a Monday evening and snow had been forecast so there were not many bookings. However the combination of beautiful decor and friendly staff still created a warm and friendly atmosphere. The menu had something for everyone and we all enjoyed our food. The puddings and coffee were particularly well presented. We had a lovely evening and will certainly visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four of us dined on a SaturdaymarcoDined on 12/1/2013Four of us dined on a Saturday evening for a celebration dinner.It was fairly quiet at 7.30 but a pleasant hubbub soon developed . Everyone was delight with their choices -kidneys, scallops, proscuito, duck, tornedo rossini the waiter was attentive and unobtrusive, good desserts and nice touch with the coffee.Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Average - go elsewhereKavita454566Dined on 10/1/2013Food was average tasting. There was nothing outstanding, taste wise. The tomato soup tasted like pasta sauce. The chicken milanese was disappointing and bland in taste. The risotto consistency was wrong too. Service was not great even though it was quiet. Far too pricey for what you get.Special Features:
- Having chosen the restaurantBramley95Dined on 3/1/2013Having chosen the restaurant by a recommendation I have to say that the overall experience was disappointing. The staff appeared indifferent/uninterested in providing the level of service expected and the food was also disappointing - particularly the quality of the accompanying vegetables to the main dishes. Some of the food was also overcooked and not presented as requested. Overall, from this experience I will not be using the restaurant again and unfortunately cannot recommend itSpecial Features:
- Italian New Years EvewbahoppoDined on 31/12/2012Our nine o'clock booking was brought forward an hour due to the special night but yet again we had a fabulous meal at Cucina Rustica, our favourite Birmingham Italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at best.fitzy711Dined on 31/12/2012Booked a table for new years, upon arrival we were standing around like headless chickens waiting for at least some sort of acknowledgement or warm welcome from the hostess, unfortunately we were barely acknowledged and briskly seated to our table. The food was fair, by that I mean small portions and overpriced and edible. The only positive feedback I can give is the quick service and a nice ambiance to the place. Overall we were very disappointed with the place, it has so much potential. If you're looking for a decent Italian in Brum I would suggest you pay a bit more and head over to San Carlo.
- New Year at Cucina RusticaAnthonyjDined on 31/12/2012Very smart restaurant and attentive staff, the food was superb, porcini mushroom rissotto and garlic mushroom to start, both the tornado rossini and medallions of beef were cooked to perfection (medium rare) and with a good selection of vegetables. Ricotta cheesecake and poached pears in Barolo were both heavenly and with a bottle of sangiovese, a grappa barolo and a limoncello, very good value for money at a little over the £100 mark. Will definately return to this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Booked Rustica for a valentinesHumbleEaterDined on 31/12/2012Booked Rustica for a valentines night meal after reading positive reviews. I was very happy with the night as was my date. We both had a great time and found the staff to be very attentive. They also queried how come we didn't finish our main meal (it was a bit bland for our asian tongues) which is good to see as it shows they do care as to the reasoning for non-empty plates going back to the kitchen. Even though we found the food a bit bland, the ambience and service made up for it... as did the desert. Has to be one of the best deserts I've had - something not to miss, so keep some space!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cucina rusticaEmily1Dined on 30/12/2012Fantastically amazing food in a wonderful setting. Would go back here time and time again.Special Features:
- DisappointingMargyDined on 28/12/2012The restaurant was nice, service prompt, too quick, in and out in hour! starter selection excellent and were delicious as were the complimentary breads. The mains less impressive: my cannelloni was over cooked, very little filling, béchamel sauce more like a thick layer of mozzarella. My husband had wild boar ravioli, which were huge, far too much filling and not anything like we have had in Italy, very pale and bland, the mushroom sauce with it was very nice however. The other three diners meals were very nice but the portions were not very big. Unfortunately our visit didn't live up to our expectations and I with so many Italian restaurants around I would probably try some others before thinking about returning cucina rusticaSpecial Features:
- Sunday Lunch optionCharlieDined on 23/12/2012Very good choices and adequate portions. All served by appropriately attentive staff. I am always impressed by the ability to go slightly off the menu, which we did throughout the afternoon. Kids very happy, adults very happy. Ideal place for a long Sunday Lunch with friends, who have children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice food but tiny potionsscotty9281Dined on 22/12/2012Some of the food was very tasty and the service was good but what let this place down was the lack of value for money. When pay £20 + for a fillet steak I expect to get a fillet steak of a decent size. The steak here was tiny and they even cut it up into pieces to try and make it look like more but this trick aint fooling no one and for a fillet it was not so execptional that it justified the high price and small portion. They even scrimp on the veg i was served barley enough to fill two shot glasses. Prob why the place was half empty at 9pm on a saturday night
- Loved ItExhall17Dined on 14/12/2012A really good experience. The place was busy yet they were always there if you needed anything. Wine was good value, and the food excellent. The starters were great - liver and pate was gorgeous. The mains were superb. The beef medallions were to die for. Great service and really good atmosphere. I recommend it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodMatronDined on 14/12/2012We have visited Cucina Rustica on several previous occasions. The food and service have never disappointed us. The restaurant was very busy while we were there but the food and service still managed to achieve a high standard. The staff are very friendly and welcoming and it was really nice that we were remembered from our last visit. We will be returning soon.Special Features:
- Great food, service OKMingatronDined on 13/12/2012We had some great food at Cucina Rustica, but the staff weren't particularly helpful... We had an extra diner and they were not very accommodating. The servers had trouble pronouncing the dishes or understand what my guests wanted to order, which I found very odd for an Italian restaurant. The food was excellent, served hot, and the desserts were also delicious.Special Features:
- Simple and greatStewieDined on 8/12/2012A really enjoyable night with good food and great serviceSpecial Features:
- A warm welcome, good ambience,LuvfoodDined on 8/12/2012A warm welcome, good ambience, service excellent throughout from greeting, bar, restaurant and good bye. A good selection of dishes at a sensible price; wine reasonable choice, the NZ Sauvignon blanc was good value and taste. Fish dishes were very good the halibut and scallops especially. When next in the area will definitely call in again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday afternoon - we wantedNickyByrneDined on 8/12/2012Saturday afternoon - we wanted somewhere away from the hustle and bustle of the Christmas Shoppers and German Market and this place was ideal. Plenty of seating available but I imagine it gets packed on an evening. Good menu selection will definately go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely last minute surpriseSusiDined on 7/12/2012Booked last minute and given the fabulous quality of the food we must've been lucky to get a table. Excellent service and menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Jewell !dinermanDined on 1/12/2012Went for the 1st time for a pre-theatre meal, and was extremely pleased.. The service was excellent, the food divine, great ambiance and spotlessly clean. Could not fault a thing. Looking forward to going again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reviews say it all...WeebDined on 30/11/2012I attended Cucina Rustica on a Friday evening with my friends. It was recommended to me as a great Italian restaurant in Birmingham. I booked & then checked the reviews which were excellent. The ambiance is good, food great & attentive service. I shall be returning in the not so distant future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solace on a wet Saturday eveJakeDined on 24/11/2012We arrived early on Sat evening, somewhat rain sodden and were quickly show to a nice table. The food was lovely, the stand out dish being the goats cheese starter and the restaurant is much bigger than you think from the outside. first time visitors who would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning FoodAaron33Dined on 23/11/2012Simply stunning , great service , great place and amazing food. Great value for money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunchtime menuPatsyDined on 21/11/2012Lunchtime menu has an excellent choice of food at a very reasonable price. Service was good and the meals were well-presented. Booking a table via the website was very easy (even for me!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good all-rounderGemmaDined on 16/11/2012My 3rd visit and still great. Varied menu and always tasty. Can be quiet early evening or during the week, but Friday and Saturday evenings always have a bustling and warm atmosphere. Portions a good size and decent wine available at a cheaper price if your trying to save pennies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinning outMrscottDined on 10/11/2012Our second experience at this restaurant and once again the service and manners of staff Was outstanding. Out table was booked for nine but we got seated around 9.20. The restaurant was really busy so we kind of took it in our stride. I opted for a different meal this time which was the rack of lamb. I was a little let down as the lamb was crispy and a little dry, but this may be just down to I love my lamb a little juicy. Other than this, the starter "calamari" was to die for and again the service great. So the dining experience would receive from me a total of 4 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wnderful ambience excellentBeattiebabesDined on 10/11/2012Wnderful ambience excellent service an extensive choice on the menu offering excellent value all our food was delicious I would particulary recomend the chicken liver starter!Special Features:
- "I love the place". The serviceMikenNickyDined on 27/10/2012"I love the place". The service is perfectly balanced & organised. Everyone seems to be in control of what they are doing. There's no rush. The food is delightful. Ambience is perfect. Well worth the 20 mile journey each way.Special Features:
- Great restaurantSalsashimmyDined on 20/10/2012Really lovely restaurant,great food and service,lots on the menu to choose from.give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.