87 Station Road
Kent, DA15 7DNNeighbourhood:
IndianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.currymahal.com/
- Phone: 020 8300 2608
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 2:30pm, 5:30pm -11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Curry Mahal
If practise makes perfect, then the curries at Curry Mahal deserve an A+. Located on the Station Road in Sidcup, Curry Mahal restaurant has been serving up superb Indian cuisine since 1968, and the recently refurbished dining room is always popular with regulars and local curry connoisseurs. With its contemporary décor, stylish artworks and buzzy atmosphere, Curry Mahal is family-friendly and has a menu to please even the fussiest food lovers. We highly recommend the Mysore Chilli Chicken – lightly buttered chicken cubes tossed with green chillies and yoghurt; the Tamarind Duck served with fresh spinach leaves; and the Birballi Lamb Chops marinated with fresh herbs and barbecued in the tandoori oven with pilau rice.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Curry Mahal reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since 28 November 2013
romance (2)special occasions (2)business meals (1)good vegetarian options (1)group bookings (1)outstanding value (1)Show More
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/10/2014I went to Curry Mahal recently, with a group of 15 friends. The food was delicious and service was fantastic, despite us being such a large group. The restaurant had even decorated our table as it was my birthday, and the staff could not have been more attentive. A really fantastic evening, and a really outstanding restaurant!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Yet AgainBoz1Dined on 14/12/2013This is probably the best Indian Restaurant in Sidcup. Went on Satursday with friends. As usual the service 1st class, food wonderful and ambiance perfect. Cant fault this establishment, which we patronise with regularity. Well done Curry Mahal!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing but praise for theKarenLVIPDined on 12/12/2013Nothing but praise for the Curry Mahal. Faultless service and great food.
- The following 112 reviews are from the Curry Mahal reviews archive.
- Origionally we were placedfoodie4funDined on 2/11/2013Origionally we were placed on a tiny table near the back of the restaurant and felt that this was because we were new comers to this Restaurant,it appeared regulars were favoured but I suppose that is natural however the manager must have sensed our mood,or read our expressions as he moved us onto a bigger table without being asked when there was a free table.We then had a very pleasant evening with the manager being very attentive ensuring we were happy with our meal as did all the waiters.The decor is easy on the eye and promotes a restful ambient environment and the food is colourful,very fresh and tasty..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceWestyDined on 25/10/2013Very good food, very good service. A little on the pricey side but worth it.Special Features:
- Best Indian by MilesPushbikerDined on 21/9/2013I walked by and was impressed by the menu when I was opassing during a course in Sidcup. Managed to book a birthday lunch for the family birthday with 3 generations all catered for. Not many Indian restaurants are open for lunch and when they are this good they are well worth the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely local curry houseJacksidDined on 28/6/2013My family and I always enjoy our meals at the curry mahal in sidcupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeLegendVIPDined on 17/5/2013booked as I liked the reviews. Great food, service could have been a bit better, but great value. will go againSpecial Features:
- MeetingDaveHams1Dined on 2/5/2013Second time I have used this restaurant for a business meeting and again the food was very good. Service was attentive and will re-book for future meetings.Special Features:
- Indian style in SidcupDeggsyDinerDined on 27/4/2013A good clean restaurant, with welcoming staff, excellent service and ambience. Food was very well cooked, and tasty and fresh, not some of the reheated meals you get in other Indian Restaurants. Great selection of Indian cuisine - as well as the normal curries - all reasonably priced. Thoroughly enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is not a 'curry house',HenryDined on 2/3/2013This is not a 'curry house', this is an Indian Restaurant. The food is imaginative, out of the ruts and cooked to perfection. Eqaully suitable for entertaining clients, wooing a lover or satisfying a craving for authentic Indian food, Curry Mahal is sure to please.Special Features:
- good restaurant, we go regularly.IlovefoodVIPDined on 1/3/2013good restaurant, we go regularly. Very busy with a large group last Friday, and service was a bit erratic. Still an enjoyable evening though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food!LuvfoodDined on 13/2/20132nd visit here and the food is fantastic! There is a really good, wide choice of dishes on the menu and some very unusual ones as well. Our waiter was extremely helpful in helping me decide what level of spice I wanted on my lamb shank and he got it spot on. Would definitely recommend this restaurant for a different curry experience. My only criticism was that the restaurant was a little cold so I had to keep my scarf on during the meal but it was quiet (Wednesday evening in mid February) so guess this wouldn't be the case if the restaurant was full.Special Features:
- Too cold, fire alarms being testedEskimoDined on 17/1/2013I visited this restaurant during the cold spell in January 2013 at lunch time. The restaurant was so cold that we had to leave before the main course. Not only that, but the staff were testing the fire alarms all the time we were there - the staff didn't seem to know how to switch it off. We complained of the cold but they said it was because it was cold outside and they couldn't make it any warmer. They didn't even offer a fan heater. We did however ask for the food to be packed to take out. The food itself was good. The restaurant looked pleasant, but was like being in a fridge.
- ImpressedWildVIPDined on 5/1/2013I knew that the food was going to be good when we walked in at 7.30 to a packed out restaurant. The service was attentive and happy. Unfortunately my main course, duck shashlik was hotter than I expected it to be. My husband had the King prawn puree to start and he said it was the best he's ever had. I will definitely be going back for the sea bass which came highly recommended by our neighbouring table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed our meal hereFoodieDined on 21/12/2012Service was very good, food was good. Would definitely go here againSpecial Features:
- Monday Evening MealDaveHams1Dined on 3/12/2012Booked Curry Mahal for a group "business" meeting on a Monday night. Greeting was very welcoming and table looked very nice. We had to wait for some late arrivals but this did not upset the staff. Once everyone had arrived we ordered from the extensive menu which contained all the usual classics but also a very good selection of dishes that I hadn't seen before. Most of us tried one of these unusual dishes and all were very good indeed. It makes a pleasant change to have dishes that actually taste different and I will definitely be going back. It is only round the corner from my office and I will be using it for business lunches going forward. Great food and service and would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are regular diners at Currycurrylover1Dined on 23/11/2012We are regular diners at Curry Mahal and they never fail to disappoint. Service is always excellent and they cook the best curry around. We have dined at Benares in Mayfair, in the past and although Curry Mahal may not have the same postcode and maybe lacks a some of its ambience, I enjoy their curry just as much and without the price tag. Great for takeaway too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!foodies2goDined on 22/11/2012Curry Mahal is probably our favourite local restaurant. The amazing variety of dishes, the quality of the meat - the lamb is exceptional - would be enough to keep us visiting but the wonderful friendliness of the staff - nothing is too much trouble - is an added bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining in SidcupVanceDined on 8/9/2012Curry Mahal 8/9/12 The food was amazing, the place spotlessly clean and the waiters attentive. We would recommend to all.Special Features:
- Lovely food always serve withJamesADined on 27/7/2012Lovely food always serve with a smile. Top curry houseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always guranteed a good mealhappytodineDined on 20/7/2012Well worth a visit - always good food and a friendly service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurantLkh28Dined on 14/7/2012We dined on a bust Saturday night. The service was outstanding. The food was also incredibly tasty and we didnt have to wait long for it even though every table was occupied. Definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Friday night curryMaggicVIPDined on 6/7/2012We are regulars at Curry Mahal in Sidcup and it's always a great experience. I think dinner there on Friday night was, for me, slightly disappointing but that was just my selection. Ordered from the Tandoori Oven Dishes the tender venison but alas, although beatitifully flamed with brandy and served, it was not tender at all, rather tough in fact. It was a shame but won't put us off returning. Have to say it was extremely noisy in there but again, as already said, it was Friday and the restaurant was full.
- Great Food, Great ServicehappytodineDined on 25/5/2012Our favourite Indian restaurant - always guaranteed great food, great service and great value for money. Well worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favourite local restauranthappytodineDined on 6/4/2012Our favourite local restaurant - great service, food and value for money - well worth a visit. Wide choice of curries and house specials - can highly recommend the tandoori King Prawns and the Venison.
- Six friends re-visited CurryMaggicVIPDined on 17/3/2012Six friends re-visited Curry Mahal in Sidcup on Saturday night – and it was superb. It has to be the best Indian restaurant for miles – a real little gem. We all thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the buzzy atmosphere. The service is fast and friendly, and it was excellent value for money. A great night.
- Curry Mahal Sidcup, is a veryDA25Dined on 17/3/2012Curry Mahal Sidcup, is a very nice restaurant and this is my third visit in the past 12 months. The food is always very tasty, the prawn starter is a treat and would definitely recommend that you make the effort to begin your experience with that. Sizeable portions and good choice of dishes. No 241 offers but busy even at 7.30 and full by the time we left on Saturday night. Save up as not cheap, but guess in the end you get what you pay for!
- Curry Mahal, Sidcup, Kent AOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 18/2/2012Curry Mahal, Sidcup, Kent A very enjoyable Saturday evening. Good food and service even though restaurant full.
- went to curry mahal for valentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 14/2/2012went to curry mahal for valentines night.and had a great meal. there was no extra charge for valentines nignt.there where roses on the table and a gift at the end of the night for every diner.the service was as usual top class,and the food was exelent. highly recommended.
- A modern look to the restaurantJamesADined on 5/2/2012A modern look to the restaurant done very nicely and a warm welcome. Your mains was very flavoursm and well presented, highly recommend the jalfrazi. Slight grumble could have done with a little more chicken. Overall very good night highly recommend
- curry mahal sidup. food fantastic,loulouDined on 4/2/2012curry mahal sidup. food fantastic, best indian restaurant i have been too. Very noisy, difficult to have conversation,service slow. l
- The best Indian restauranthappytodineDined on 3/2/2012The best Indian restaurant in Sidcup - great food, great service and reasonably priced. If you don't fancy a curry (excellent) try tandorri prawns or venison juliette. Regularly visit and never had a bad meal.
- Curry Mahal in Sidcup offershappytodineDined on 26/1/2012Curry Mahal in Sidcup offers much more than a just a good curry - try the specials, venison and tandorri prawns, excellent. Great food and great service but can be noisy.
- Great food and service. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 20/1/2012Great food and service. Good ambiance. Will be back soon. Great selection and some very nice original dishes.
- The restaurant was lovely,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 24/12/2011The restaurant was lovely, the food fantastic value for money and the staff very friendly as always. I would definitely recommend going to this restaurant as an alternative to having a take away.
- Good food. Good ambience,areviewerVIPDined on 22/12/2011Good food. Good ambience, and friendly staff. Would recommend.
- A friend and I ate at theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/12/2011A friend and I ate at the Curry Mahal, Sidcup last night and were totally impressed by the food and decor. It is decorated in a contemporary way with mood lighting and there were a few romantic couples enjoying the ambiance, not your typical Indian decor at all. The service was good but unobtrusive although I did have to keep topping my own wine glass up. There were some unusual dishes as well as the 'normal' Indian dishes and her food was amazing. Definitely we will go again.
- Good food, friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 25/11/2011Good food, friendly service and pleasant atmosphere, Curry Mahal, Sidcup
- Just visited Curry Mahal inMickeyDined on 19/11/2011Just visited Curry Mahal in sidcup on saturday night, Good food,service, and Atmosphere well worth a visit.