Deano's Graze & Grill
34A Oxford Street
Harrogate, HG1 1PPNeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £25 and under
Deano's Graze & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 01423 505300
- Hours of Operation:
Mon: 5:30pm - 9:30pm Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat: 12:00pm - 2:00pm, 5:30pm - 9:30pm Sun: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Gluten-free Menu
A word from Deano's Graze & Grill
Located next to the town’s Debenhams, it’s a dining room which will suit any occasion, be it a casual lunch or a more upmarket dinner, whether you’re with friends, on a date or even alone . Comfortable and modern, Deano’s has an atmosphere perfectly suited to the gazing approach to dining; the service is friendly and the décor is unobtrusive. Deano’s gives things a twist with the small dishes inspired by good old home-cooked favourites done to perfection as well as international flavours plucked from France, North Africa and even India for those really seeking to mix things up. Seafood and vegetarian options are just as well represented as meat dishes on the Deano’s menu, although carnivores are treated to something special in the shape of the kitchen’s celebrated steaks from the grill menu. Reasonably and realistically priced, Deano’s provides the diner with the opportunity to choose food to suit their appetite, pocket and taste.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Deano's Graze & Grill - Best restaurants in Harrogate ›
Deano's Graze & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since 21 November 2013
fit for foodies (15)special occasions (13)outstanding value (11)brunch (9)sunday lunch (9)romance (8)child friendly (8)business meals (6)group bookings (6)pre/post theatre (6)good vegetarian options (5)disabled access (1)Show More
- phirosr1Dined on 8/11/2014I have been to Deano's a few times and the food and service is always excellent. It's great to have a variety of 4 or 5 tapas dishes as opposed to just one big main and each dish is an intuitive take on traditional tapas paired with traditional English favourites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st wedding anniversaryTurner5spotDined on 5/10/2014What a lovely little place! Great feeling from the room itself, lovely attentive but not overly attentive waitresses. The owner was great and made us feel very welcome. The food was fantastic, and big portions for the individual items. 3 and a starter was plenty for me! Overall a lovely place with cracking food. I can highly recommend Deano'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!Mike2000Dined on 4/10/2014Had an excellent meal. Excellent vale for money! Looking forward to going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously differentRammydcfcDined on 18/9/2014My husband and I have eaten here twice, both times off the tapas menu, every dish fabulous, we would both highly recommend eating at Deano's. My daughters and I are visiting york in November and we are going to harrogate for the day, one of the main reasons is to have a meal at Deano's.Special Features:
- disgruntledpescatarianDined on 14/9/2014I picked this restaurant as it had such good reviews and I thought offered food I could eat. I was sorely disappointed by the lack of ambience ,poor choice of food a pescatarian could eat and Quality of cooking. My fish was very overcooked. The waitress was made aware of my lactose intolerance and still brought out spinach cooked in butter. I would not recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Vegetarian optionsJohnWDined on 14/9/2014Having booked our table in advance we were joined by a vegetarian guest, unfortunately as a grill Deanos could only offer a very limited choice so we went elsewhere.
- Deano`s Sunday Lunch1stsunlunchDined on 14/9/2014AMAZING! We were a bit late, but the table was ready and it was waiting for us! THANK YOU! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The starter was well presented and really tasty. The main course was WoW! - The the roast lamb was just delicious! Sunday lunch worth every penny! I recommend Deano`s 100% and we will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- foodiecoupleDined on 11/9/2014Fantastic food and a most enjoyable experience. The dishes were all of a very high standard- interesting, fresh and delicate flavours. A wonderful evening- thank you.Special Features:
- Sunday lunch with MumSMWL1bDined on 7/9/2014Mum had the Sunday roast and loved it, my husband and I ordered from the small sharing plates and they were all deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we found it!goodsteakDined on 12/8/2014Went on tripadvisor to find a decent steak in Harrogate, this was recommended, and didn't disappoint, food, ambience service was all good, would certainly go back, and would recommend it to anyone.Had to go uo steep flight of stairs, so no good for anyone with wheelchair or buggy, so be warned, otherwise great.Special Features:
- Saturday lunch in styleMussoDined on 9/8/2014Good venue, nicely decorated. Extensive menu. Loved the jug of water arriving on the table without asking. We had the grazing menu deal. 2 non Spanish tapas style dishes & a side £11 each. We made the mistake of order the nibbles board to share to begin, nothing wrong with it, the quality was great, presentation lovely, but we were stuffed. Accompanied by a passion fruit bellini. Attention to detail and customer service where excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014This was great spot to have our first meal in North Yorkshire. We loved the modern decor and the music. We were given a warm welcome and efficient service. We chose the very well priced Date Night menu and that included a bottle of wine. The small plates gave us a good opportunity to get acquainted with local specialities and they were all creative and tasty. There was care given to the presentation and that added to the whole experience. I recommend Deano's for a fun evening of good food and service.Special Features:
- Tasty treatsCliffDined on 8/5/2014The service was warm and friendly. A jug of water appeared without asking, always a good sign. We went for the mini dishes and shared six between two of us which was plenty. I saw others eating beef burgers and steak, both looked good. Food was freshly cooked and served hot. We'll done Deano,s excellent all round. You were recommended to us and we will that on to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealP1babeDined on 6/5/2014Booked this restaurant last minute whilst staying in Harrogate. Really wish we lived closer as this would become a regular haunt. Great choice and flexibility to suit different appetites. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value Early BirdTeamKDined on 30/4/2014Cracking food choices from Early Bird Menu. Great value - dinner and drinks under £40.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little findPaulaHDined on 20/4/2014We loved our trip to Harrogate and especially Deanos. Will be returning when we are next in town.Special Features:
- sunday lunchtoofussyDined on 6/4/2014after reading all reviews I have to be honest and say I was expecting a little bit more.... on arrival the staircase up to the dining room was grubby and there was an unpleasant smell. The food was good but not outstanding. The music was too loud and interefered with conversation. Little disappointing -we enjoyed our lunch but we were expecting to be wowed!.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for lunchpaulDined on 22/3/2014The tapas style food was a good idea well executed. Very tasty and not too expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was very impressed with theLadywholunchesDined on 14/2/2014Was very impressed with the quality of food, the concept and the service was fab. Now discovered will be going back. Suitable for all occasionsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect sunday lunch. FabulousNorthernBlueDined on 1/12/2013Perfect sunday lunch. Fabulous service. Will return.Special Features:
- Very impressedgrandcru52VIPDined on 30/11/2013The food was excellent.. (not so) small dishes packed with flavour and high quality ingredients. Lots to choose from the grazing menu...... which pleased a dedicated carnivore and his fishy/veggie companion ( wonderful smoked haddock fondue and blue mac and cheese). Sides of real chips with garlic mayo and a rocket and parmesan salad were similarly delicious. A well-deserved No 1 status on Trip Advisor We will be back!Special Features:
- Good but not greatNorthernpiggyDined on 30/11/2013After reading reviews I was perhaps expecting too much from Deanos'. We went on Saturday lunch time service was attentive and food good but nothing special.
- The following 61 reviews are from the Deano's Graze & Grill reviews archive.
- WONDERFUL!jacejemDined on 15/11/2013Our second visit on our yearly trip to Harrogate and it was just as good as the previous year. It is such a relaxing, casual restaurant and the staff are excellent. Very efficient but unobtrusive. Just hope they do nothing to change the "formula" which works SO very well - the lunchtime grazing menu is spectacular - the food is wonderful. Such a great idea. Had tried to book for dinner 3 weeks ahead of the date but they were already fully booked. Great at lunchtime tho.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't look anywhere elseYorkieDined on 26/10/2013Went for lunch to deano's whilst in the area shopping - we did pre book though, and must say the quality of the food was excellent as was the service. Don't look for anywhere else - give this place a try , you won't regret it.Special Features:
- UniqueCurtissDined on 23/9/2013This was a very different dinning experience for me. Pleasant, but different than most restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely tasty lunchEmpirestaceDined on 6/9/2013Great food , will recommend this place as it's good value & very tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a DifferenceHiloDined on 22/8/2013Very friendly staff. Great food, tapas UK style. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, excellent all roundSlaterioDined on 29/5/2013Cann not fault this place. Food exciting and excellently cooked and good value. Came out feeling full but no feeling like I'd been ripped off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My daughter and I had lunchSeafoodfan1Dined on 23/5/2013My daughter and I had lunch here for her birthday. We took advantage of the lunchtime "2 plates and a side" for £10pp. The portions were more than generous and all the food absolutely delicious. The wine list was sensibly priced with a good selection. Service was prompt and cheerful. If we were in Harrogate again I would not hesitate to return to Deano's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DO NOT PASS BY!diningqu33nDined on 11/5/2013We were recommended to this restaurant for brunch, and we were not disappointed! Ambience, service, food.......all brilliant and the staff were so friendly but not intrusive. The graze plates are divine, we chose to eat on the lunchtime special with the choice of 2 graze plates plus a side dish for £10pp.....what brilliant value! The food was well cooked, tasty and very well presented. We never felt rushed and thoroughly enjoyed our eating experience. From the outside, this restaurant belies what lies within.............DO NOT PASS BY!Special Features:
- Excellent valueGClivepoolDined on 24/4/2013Very tasty, well cooked food. My friend and I had 2 courses each, a bottle of wine between us and a dessert for less than £50.Special Features:
- Amazing grazingClarkieDined on 10/4/2013Fabulous food .. We have eaten in many top restaurants all over the country ( been complete foodies !!) deanos is possibly the best value for money with locally sourced , fresh ingredients. The food is well presented with so much taste ( no seasoning required !!)! The seafood is beautifully cooked and fresh . Overall a yummy eat and we are so pleased that Harrogate at last has something different to offer . Also the wine and beer selection is fab .. Not over priced at all . :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHarrogatedinerDined on 16/2/2013This was our first visit and don't know why it has taken so long to go after all the recommendations we have had. The service and food are second to none and we will without doubt be going back very soon. We were there at a busy Saturday lunchtime but stilll the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My partner & I visited forMaggiesTastebudsDined on 13/1/2013My partner & I visited for Sunday lunch. There was only one standard Sunday lunch on the menu which was rolled belly pork. I was slightly disappointed because I am not too keen on rolled belly pork. I chose another dish (duck-this was cooked lovely), but because I wanted a Sunday lunch, I was not completely satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday LunchBrucieBonusDined on 21/10/2012I went with my boyfriend and friend for Sunday lunch it was fantastic. This wasnt our first time there, Deanos is by far the best restaurant in Harrogate, great food, service and excellent value for money. You can't go wrong with this place, I'd recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- My favourite Harrogate place to eatBibblebumDined on 19/10/2012Took my mum for a birthday lunch, everything was lovely. Amazing food, great service, lovely relaxed atmosphere and the £18 per couple lunch was really good value. Would definately recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good midweek night outtoptabledinerDined on 16/10/2012Several of us went to Deano's, arriving around 2040 in the evening. One thing I have noticed is that it tends to empty out at that time and by the end of the evening (2230) it was deserted. But that did not take away from the brilliant food. One of the party declared his steak to be the best he had eaten in Harrogate. For some it was their first visit to Deano's and all of us really enjoyed the shared starter boards, and the variety of grazing plates for starters and mains alongside those who had the steak for main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak Deal!HaylsbDined on 8/10/2012Monday night is Steak night and exceptional values, absolutely fantastic quality! I love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb as AlwaysEnricoDined on 6/10/2012This is about the 5th time we have been but will most definitely not be the last.I couldn't fault anything.The staff are so attentive,the food is wonderful and we always feel relaxed even though its usually very busy.They are not trying to push you out as soon as you've finished dining even though there may be people waiting. This place is definitely the best place to eat in Harrogate,quality and excellent value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchSheffieldfoodiesDined on 25/9/2012My wife and I dined at Deanos graze and grill on a Tuesday lunch time and the food was fantastic. An excellent menu with grazing plates to suit all tastes, just like tapas but with a much larger choice and variety of food. The restaurant is on the first floor and a little bit hidden away so probably doesn't pick up much passing traffic, there were only two other diners whilst we were there. The decor is very functional and bright, the service and welcome was very good. Excellent value for money for the quality of the food and we would definitely eat here again next time we are in HarrogateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.