Délice Café Bistro and Wine
40 Kensington Gardens
Brighton, BN1 4ALNeighborhood:
FrenchPrice: £25 and under
Délice Café Bistro and Wine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafedelice.co.uk/
- Phone: 01273622519
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday to Wednesday from 8:30am to 6pm Thursday to Saturday 8:30am to 11pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Full Bar
A word from Délice Café Bistro and Wine
Délice restaurant in Brighton’s North Laines is a café, bistro and wine bar that will have you coming here often and settling in for the long term. This charming and cosy spot in Kensington Gardens is found on two levels and decorated with exposed beams, funky lighting, relaxed wooden seating and original artworks on the wall that you can fall in love with and take home. The menu has been created at the intersection of English and French cuisine, served in generous spirit. Come in during the day for coffee and food as served in traditional Parisian cafés, or in the evening for anything from a plate of cheese and some wine to a full three-course meal prepared with seasonal, local ingredients. Délice is open for breakfast every day. It may become your daily first stop in Brighton.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Délice Café Bistro and Wine reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since 21 May 2014
brunch (3)outstanding value (3)special occasions (2)business meals (2)disabled access (1)outdoor eating (1)romance (1)fit for foodies (1)pre/post theatre (1)group bookings (1)child friendly (1)Show More
- Good value & friendlyianthaDined on 20/5/2014Went on a Tuesday afternoon, useful that the restaurant is open. Authentic ambiance. Food was very nice, I started with Stilton and Walnut salad followed by pork belly, my wife thought similar with soup followed by salmon. The wine was okay though at these prices would have been safer to go for white rather than red. Service was friendly and attentative. Prices were very reasonably. In summary we would go back when in Brighton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceSJTYVIPDined on 10/5/2014Dropped in here with a group of six during the Great Escape Festival. Really nice place, great food, and very friendly staff. The steak and chips was really good. Nice wine list too. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Very nice evening with friendsphilDined on 4/1/2014Spend a nice evening here with a couple of friends. Not as good value as previous as no deal this time but good service and a pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Weekend in BrightonDeeDeeDined on 23/11/2013I did a last minute get away to Brighton a couple of weeks ago and we were doing it on a shoe string, so finding a nice place at a good price for dinner on Saturday night was needed. Booked the Delice Cafe Bistro on a Toptable deal, it was intimate, charming, relaxed, great food and service and we had a lovely evening. Definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- French Cafe BistroFoodFanDined on 1/11/2013Buzzy restaurant/bistro in the lively North Lanes area of Brighton. We went on a busy Frday night and there was some confusion about our booking and the special offer. I had to show my confirmation to prove the offer of a 2 course meal for two including a carafe of wine @ £19.95. However, once this was resolved, we were very pleased with the quality and quantity and presentation of the food. We all opted for the steak which was generous in size and very nicely cooked. There was a good atmosphere and our waitress was very friendly and helpful. There is only one toilet though and this resulted in some queuing.Special Features:
- Brighton in the rainearlybirdDined on 19/10/2013Delice Cafe Bistro was an ideal venue from which to people watch while the rain poured! With good food thrown in we whiled away a couple of very happy hours. Simple food well presented and reasonably priced, what more can yu want on a wet Saturday!Special Features:
- Ok,but shouldn't be on Top tableFoodyDined on 10/8/2013I was expecting nicer ambience, & definitely nicer good! Was ok.Special Features:
- Space available at short noticelastminutedinerDined on 4/5/2013I booked ahead at short-notice when many other restaurants were not available BH weekend. The starter of calamari was acceptable but plainly presented. The main of Confit of Duck was dry and the potato and carrot to accompany was unexciting; an appetising sauce might have helped. The cheesecake was also dry and had a heavy, crumbly texture; flavour was ok. The service was ok but Delice has the nerve to apply a standard 10% service charge rather than leaving it to the customer to apply his own based on his judgement on the meal. Given the quality I can see why they have the policy; how much do you want to argue the toss once the charge is presented?
- InterestingYakumoDined on 30/3/2013Having arrived in Brighton for a night at the theatre we needed somewhere to eat. A typical Franco file I chose Delice for its french name. Looking a little tatty from the outside and very busy downstairs I wondered if I had made a mistake in choice. Luckily upstairs was much quieter as I was shown to my table. Oddly sat next to what looked like french shutters the waitress brought drinks and took our order. My starter of salmon parcels was exquisite and the main of confit de canard was succulent delivered with seasonal vegetables. My two guests equally were delighted with their food choices of steak and sticky ham hock. Overall a surprise on a bustling high street and close enough to Brighton Dome for the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for couplesStaffeeDined on 1/2/2013thank you very much, we all had a great time, food was definitely value for money, we will come again in the future, cheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visitFoodEDined on 15/12/2012I don't know Brighton well so I booked online to save us wandering around on a Saturday evening looking for a place to eat. This place serves decent food and is good value. There was a nice cosy atmosphere (it was December) and we had a very enjoyable meal. The food is not extraordinary or special in any way, but it was tasty, well excecuted and fresh with decent size yet not excessive portions. I would visit again if I was in the area.Special Features:
- Lovely settingMmmmDined on 26/10/2012Relaxing intimate friendly atmospheres. Food good, just about value for money. Good flavours.Special Features:
- Good Service ok FoodkitsonkDined on 20/10/2012The staff are very friendly and just the right amount of attentiveness, which is rare for the UK. The food was good but nothing remarkable. Would likely go again, but wouldn't go out of our way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DINNER 4 2hard2pleaseDined on 13/10/2012We had a pre-theatre dinner, it was packed and slightly chaotic, so don't know what it would be like later in the evening. However, very jolly atmosphere and despite being rather close to our neighbours it still manages to carry off a romantic feel. Great fun, would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was pretty good; couldBN2RR85Dined on 6/10/2012Food was pretty good; could do with more/better vegetarian choice compared to their peers in Brighton. Service was great, although we were a little disappointed when both the starter and main dish one of us wanted to order was not available.
- Exellent foodfoodfanDined on 29/9/2012Although other reviews said that the food was excellent I was still pleasantly surprised. The deserts were especially good including the best chocolate brownie I have ever tasted!Special Features:
- C'est bon!MarkieDined on 25/8/2012A great discovery of a quality restaurant in a bustling part of Brighton. A great selection of food on the menu which lived up to the description and came in good sized portions. Very friendly staff with a relaxed atmosphere ...it seemed popular and busy but without having the rushed feeling. The wine, despite it being 'house', was a good quality an complimented the food well. Everything just seemed to click and resulted in me going for the dessert option too which is a rarity! I will certainly return on a future visit to Brighton!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a relaxed atmosphereSusiechDined on 11/8/2012We had a fabulous meal at Delice. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The food was lovely, as was the wine. Good wine recommendations from staff for matching to foods. Good menu and wine choices. Overall we would recommend this restaurant for a nice relaxed meal with with partner or friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at affordable prices.DustydogDined on 21/7/2012Good food at affordable prices. The ambience was good, ideal place or eating before going to see film or play...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French FoodMLandfriendsDined on 30/6/2012Four ladies visiting Brighton for the Salsa conference dined on the Toptable £20 offer. We had a large glass of wine mussels, vegetarian pasta, and ham hock, followed by cheese board, as fruit bake and chocolate cake and coffee. Good food, pleasant venue great place to chat and watch the world go by, I felt the staff were helpful and friendly but one of the party felt rushed. We all enjoyed the food and would visit again when next in Brighton a little treasure.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden TalentsMKJJDined on 30/6/2012Nothing about the outside of Delice gives a hint to the high quality, sophisticated fare on offer within (it looks like a coffee house). This was some of the best food we've had in years (including several recent trips to France) and the staff provide service to match. We look forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outhenconDined on 16/6/2012Visited with some friends for an evening meal. Lovely setting, very good service and food was top quality. My wife said it was the best mussels she has ever tasted. Would really recommend this place for a good night out. Very well stocked wine list. And it will not break the bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.