Dinner by Heston Blumenthal
London, SW1X 7LANeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £41 and over
Dinner by Heston Blumenthal
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dinnerbyheston.com/
- Phone: 02072013833
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 2:30pm, 6:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Ashley Palmer-watts
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A private dining room seating up to 10 people is available.
- Private Party Contact: Stefanie Kraus 02072013833
A word from Dinner by Heston Blumenthal
Opened January 21st 2011, Focusing on the revival and modernisation of traditional British recipes, the menu at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal features simple contemporary dishes inspired by Britain"s historic gastronomic past and recipes dating as far back as the 16th century.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Dinner by Heston Blumenthal - Best restaurants in Knightsbridge ›
Dinner by Heston Blumenthal reviews from OpenTable diners
1873 reviews since 22 May 2014
special occasions (1450)fit for foodies (1059)romance (854)business meals (619)sunday lunch (222)group bookings (153)outstanding value (150)pre/post theatre (126)brunch (96)good vegetarian options (66)child friendly (58)disabled access (48)afternoon tea (43)outdoor eating (17)Show More
- Expectations let downOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/9/2014First, I must acknowledge the outstanding service. The staff had a wealth of knowledge about each dish and the workings if the restaurant. We had the meat fruit (a must if you feel like you should try a signature dish) and the chicken oysters. Fantastic. The mains are what let down our experience. We each had the Aberdeen Angus. We found these steaks lacked flavour, were a bit dry and mine overcooked (from rare). Desserts were great. It upsets me to write this review and say that I, unfortunately, am unable to rave about our experience. Now the restaurant is opening in my home town, and there are many other Melbournian restaurants that I would suggest to try first. Sorry Heston.Special Features:
- AmazingbeakerDined on 14/9/2014Amazing food, great wine recommendations, great service all roundSpecial Features:
- Outstanding food but at a price...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 13/9/2014The ambience was to die for and the service personal and excellent. The food, as expected, cooked to perfection. We shared a starter of Meat Fruit and Frumenty. Both dishes were stunning. As a mains we choose a dish of bone rib of Hereford prime. wow, most likely the most succulent beef we ever experienced. The recommendation for desert was Tipsy cake from 1810' spit roast pineapple, again very rich and tasty. So far so good but ehh, no amuses at a 2 star restaurant? As we were on the first serving we could not escape the feeling we were being processed (2 hours dining experience only). Oh well, the food was astronomical but so was the bill... Still both of us were very happy we were able to do this one off dining experience...Special Features:
- Great food poor servicePoorServiceDined on 13/9/2014The food was fantastic. Probably the best meal I have eaten. The service was extremely poor. The Plates where taken away while I was still eating my starter despite me saying that I was not finished. It felt like the staff thought that I was not good enough to be there. I can honestly say that I have been treated better when having pub lunches. I would not recommend going to Dinner by Heston Blumenthal as the overall experience was way below my expectations.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/9/2014We went there for one amazing night. Great Staff!! Amazing food!! I love everything!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJosephDined on 12/9/2014My partner and I visited recently for our anniversary and we're not disappointed. The food was excellent and creative. Fairly priced although you could spend a small fortune on wine! Service was good and they waiters did not hassle you, although this did mean a bit of waiting but this wasn't to the detriment of the experience.Special Features:
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Completely over the top from service, to decor, to food. Food designed to recreate historical food techniques, prepared by one of the worlds expert. read the web site and stand by to be wowed.Special Features:
- blackknightDined on 11/9/2014Excellent meal with excellent service and imaginative dishes based on historical recipes often 100's of years old, but modernized to exquisite taste.
- Very special venue and menueplauVIPDined on 11/9/2014As you would expect, its all very Heston! Very interesting menu and good options for non meat eaters - the tipsy cake is a must!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated foodgolosaDined on 11/9/2014Food was delicious, although I remain unconvinced about how much of historical recipes are used in the menu. Service was impeccable, prices high, I thought, for a lunchtime. I would expect the a la carte to be discounted given the time of day. My only criticism is the atmosphere, I didn't really like the feel of the space. The view, food and service more than made up for it though!Special Features:
- Outstanding food!NicoleDined on 10/9/2014Superb food and service! Great combination of flavour and texture in every single dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mrs Beaton would have eaten!thecookingbugDined on 10/9/2014Staff are welcoming & unpretentious, we had time to fully appreciate it all at a table overlooking the kitchen, with a view of meticulous preparations. Elderflower cocktail was outstanding. Meat Fruit is exceptional-the parfait flavour even more luxurious than its beautiful mandarin exterior. Bone in Rib for 2, mushroom ketchup, triple fried chips, plus mashed potato (so good it should be illegal or available on prescription) simply the most tender, delicious beef we've ever had. Serving sizes are pleasingly generous. The extensive wine list was eloquently explained. Few cakes in the world would have had Mrs Beaton in a flap-Tipsy Cake is one. Gooey Spit roast pineapple is sharp & unapologetic, soft perfect cake afloat in syrup. Heaven.Special Features:
- Something SpecialMelnationDined on 10/9/2014We've all seen the tv shows where Heston goes nuts like the Mad Hatter on speed and does some pretty crazy albeit delicious things. Going to Dinner by Heston doesn't mean you get the theatrics but it does mean you get the very best food served by the most brilliant staff. You feel like you're experiencing something special when even the table bread is so perfect it leaves you speechless. Try the Meat Fruit and the Rice & Flesh. Try the Iberico Pork Chop. Try the Rib Eye. Just go and experience what all the fuss about Heston is about. You won't be disappointed. Every dish is bespoke of this genius who is really the Jony Ive of cooking. His vision and passion means we get to experience food at its best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalmirandaDined on 10/9/2014The food is incredible and the service was perfect - friendly and attentive. It is a fascinating place that was even better than expected.Special Features:
- DisappointingTHX1138Dined on 9/9/2014This restaurant & the celebrity chef it is named after have a huge reputation to live up to. That fact & the very high prices made our expectations very high. We have dined at many other Michelin starred places in London. The reality of this place did not justify the cost or meet all the hype surrounding it. We were 3 diners and all had 3 glasses of alcoholic drinks, 3 starters and 3 mains and 1 dessert for a total of 270 pounds with service charge. Our dishes were all different and tasted each other's food, and while we agreed the dishes were nicely presented and tasty they were not amazing. The pigeon as a main seemed a bit cold and the lobster soup was more of a cold sauce than a soup. Service was fine, but not exceptional. Not worth it.
- Culinary Elegancegr8foodDined on 9/9/2014My husband and I appreciated the location near Hyde Park and the shopping precinct which we made use of before and after a three course lunch. The food was sublime and the service was attentive without being intrusive. The building its in is divine and you can either sit facing the park or the kitchen. I enjoyed watching the young chefs perform magic. Worth a visit , if you can.Special Features:
- Absolutely amazingPatrickDined on 9/9/2014Ambience, food, service all is outstanding. Will return if get the chance :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast, lunch and DINNER!hardtopleasefoodieDined on 9/9/2014We were not sure at first if all the hype about this celebrity owned restaurant was just that, hype. However, we were proved wrong. Getting a table is not easy, they only take bookings 90 days in advance, but do make the effort, the food is worth it. The dishes may have titles and ingredients that sound (at times) outlandish, but the balance of flavours have been carefully thought through. Presentation is exceptional, the taste amazing and to top it off the staff are friendly, approachable and helpful. A wonderful place and we're going back!!!!!!Special Features:
- Dinner at hestonsMrystalfalaceDined on 8/9/2014Visited dinner on Monday and thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was amazing, the wine was very good and the restaurant relaxed. Would reccomend a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time around, even betterTangerineLoveDined on 8/9/2014Me and my boyfriend were at the restaurant last year and it was great we loved it. Eventualy we found out that we hadn't tried one of your main startes: the meatfruit. So we came back this year and the experience was even better. The service was excellent, actually we were waitered by a brazilian girl and she explain all the menu for us in portuguese. Great food, great ambience , it was. A lovely night! Thank you for the good times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They amaze!CCLondonDined on 8/9/2014Food is wonderful, Staff is knowledgeable, it's truly an experience. Chris is particularly mindful of the experience guests are having. I've been there twice and each time I feel like we are his only guests. They have that balance down perfectly where they are there when you need them, but without hovering.
- Amazing!cy20Dined on 8/9/2014From the moment we stepped into the restaurant, we were looked after like VIP's. We were given chips and nuts at the bar with our drinks while we waited for the restaurant to open. The nuts were superb! Then came dinner. Everything we ordered was sublime. The Powdered Duck Breast was meltingly tender, the Meat Fruit was so smooth and full of flavour. The Mashed Potatoes were so silky smooth and the desserts were fabulous also. The complimentary Earl Grey Tea ganache was unlike anything I had eaten before but very tasty. Overall, it was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What food should be!DymphnaDined on 8/9/2014I have never eaten such fantastic food before. The flavours were incredible. Although there didn't seem to be a lot on each plate, I was completely full when I left. It was not a cheap meal, but I felt it was money well-spent and I would love to go back again (and again!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Takes fine dining to a new levelOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/9/2014The Meat Fruit for Appetizer is a must; rivals most 2+ Michelin starred acclaimed restaurants; so different, innovative service impeccable-great atmosphere; pineapple spit roast the best for desert----the chocolate bar a little disappointing by comparison- tasty but not as unusual as the others on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dessertManolaDined on 7/9/2014If you have dinner at this restaurant, remember to order dessert with your food, since the roasted pineapple requires about 30 min. The combination of the custard, bread and fruit is amazing!!! A bit overprized, but food in general is really goodSpecial Features:
- AmazingfoodieDined on 7/9/2014The restaurant rates amongst the best ever visited. The service was very attentive but not over powering and the food was delicious. Well done! A special message too for Jono for his special attention and his hospitality. 5 Star to you all !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting food, great ambiencemmmfoodDined on 7/9/2014I went to Dinner by Heston Blumenthal with 3 friends and we had a fantastic table overlooking the park. The atmosphere doesn't feel stuffy and the service was great - informative and prompt but not over-bearing. The food choices are unusual - in a good way! All dating back to olden-day dishes, these are some great concepts which taste fantastic. I highly recommend it. My favourite was the octopus soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative and scrumptuous foodShilpixDined on 6/9/2014I went to Dinner with my friend to celebrate my last day in London at the end of my two week holiday. The ambience of the place was so sophisticated yet so warm and inviting. We had the meat fruit for starters and loved it. For mains we have the sea bass and cod in cider both of which were delicious but I would've liked to see something different - there was no standout element in the dishes except for them being delicious. The stars of the evening were the desserts - roast peach and liquid nitrogen icecream. We were served by Christoph and Sebastien who were very friendly and made sure we were comfortable and were enjoying ourselves. Overall a lovely experience and i would definitely go back! :)Special Features:
- Poor customer service, disappointedtchanDined on 6/9/2014We came from Australia, three of us ordered a three course meal. Food wise, i like the meat fruit, it was spectacular. However, the rest of entree and main course were just normal standard, was not inspiring. Tipsy cake and brown rice ice-cream were not as good as i expected as well. Service was very bad on that night, we asked for the wine list at least three times until the waiter gave it to us. Also, it took time for the waiters to get attention from us when we needed something. No one asked us about how was the meal until we asked for the cheque. Seriously fine dinning in a 5star hotel, customer service shouldn‘t be that bad. Really disappoined. Value wise was very rated because of this reason.Special Features:
- Simply fantastiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday last Saturday - what an experience! The food was simply sensational, as was the wine, ambience and service. Such a treat and one hat will stay with me forever.. Simply fantastic!Special Features:
- Hugh standards but lacked dramaMikeMacDined on 6/9/2014Can't fault the quality of the food or the service - it is all truly excellent. I was just a little disappointed not to be more entertained by what was on offer - felt a bit like some of the Heston magic and 'specialness' I had hoped for was missing. Service charge of £30 was also a little steep but being British I was far too polite to question it.Special Features:
- Very disappointing ...HedwigDined on 6/9/2014I expected to be happily bamboozled by very different but tasty food. As it turned out the wackiest thing about Dinner is the names they give some of the various dishes and to be honest that seems a ploy to distract from the ordinary food; well cooked fare but nothing that makes u say wow and justifies the significant financial splurge. I will not be recommending Dinner to family/friends. Sadly..!
- SensationalSbpriceDined on 5/9/2014Staff were very welcoming and knowledgeable. We has the frog leg starter with a superb parsely sauce- mains were very good but was all topped off with one of the best desserts I've ever had- chocolate bar with a passion fruit purée and ginger icecream- sublime. Perfect venue for a special occasion- and not too pretentious either.Special Features:
- Best Birthday Dinner Ever!TomTumDined on 3/9/2014With the most sumptuous pork belly in existence, a chocolate tart with an absolutely perfect amount of chocolate in it, and a positively divine smoked tomato salad for starters, I can honestly say that this was undoubtedly the best birthday meal I could ever ask for! I especially appreciated the birthday treat -- an Early Grey flavoured chocolate mousse -- and the complementary kitchen tour! Flawless food, spectacular service, and a divine choice of drinks. Pitch perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CilceCilceDined on 3/9/2014We went to Dinner for lunch. The restaurant has an open-kitchen: it was fascinating to watch all the chef putting our plates together. The food was exquisite. The service was wonderful. I really appreciated the extra care staff members gave us when we told them that one of our party could not drink alcohol for medical reasons (they checked if it was okay to have liquor in the sauces, for example). It was a magical experience. I cannot wait to go back to Dinner to try more of their recipes!Special Features:
- Amazing experienceDinerfromausDined on 3/9/2014Thankyou for amazing food, sensational wines, great unpretentious service & immaculate attention to detail. I'll be back :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/9/2014amazing food and attention to detail in terms of service. as requests are made based on menu changes.flexibleSpecial Features:
- AmazingOmarDined on 1/9/2014Outstanding lunch ecperience , beautiful place and excelent food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing. Impeccable service, foodJayWDined on 1/9/2014Simply a great experience. Not flashy but just well done. Every course was perfectly tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food+ + service-SotrelDined on 1/9/2014Le repas était excellent. Seul bémol, même si les serveurs sont souriants et agréables, quelques erreurs de service pour un deux étoiles: - le serveur ramasse les miettes avec un vulgaire morceau de tissus et oublie une personne - pas d'anticipation pour le pain, nous avons dû en reclamer trois fois de suite ( la troisième était la bonne !) du pain. Résultat nous avons mangé l'entrée sans pain. - le café a été servi en même temps que le dessert, comme dans une vulgaire brasserie. Résultat le café était froid. Je mange régulièrement dans des étoilés et je n'ai jamais vu toutes ces erreurs. La seule chose qui me rappelait que nous étions dans un 2 étoiles etait le repas en lui- même dommage que le service ne suive pas.Special Features: