Dinner by Heston Blumenthal
London, SW1X 7LANeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £41 and over
Dinner by Heston Blumenthal
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dinnerbyheston.com/
- Phone: 020 7201 3833
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 2:30pm, 6:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Ashley Palmer-watts
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A private dining room seating up to 10 people is available.
- Private Party Contact: Stefanie Kraus 02072013833
A word from Dinner by Heston Blumenthal
Opened January 21st 2011, Focusing on the revival and modernisation of traditional British recipes, the menu at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal features simple contemporary dishes inspired by Britain"s historic gastronomic past and recipes dating as far back as the 16th century.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasions
- Diners' Choice WinnerBritish
Dinner by Heston Blumenthal - Best restaurants in Knightsbridge ›
Dinner by Heston Blumenthal reviews from OpenTable diners
1852 reviews since 29 November 2013
special occasions (1443)fit for foodies (1050)romance (866)business meals (605)sunday lunch (222)outstanding value (151)group bookings (149)pre/post theatre (132)brunch (101)good vegetarian options (63)child friendly (62)disabled access (49)afternoon tea (49)outdoor eating (18)Show More
- Disgusting tap waterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/11/2014The tap water had a rather odd smell. The food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner By Heston BlumenthalHydefirDined on 26/11/2014First time for the Blumenthal experience for us. We were not disappointed. Went A la Carte, each course was stunning. But not only the food, all of the staff really go out of their way to make the experience relaxed and memorable. Not cheap, but for a special occasion worth it. Set menu looks a real bargain. Will return and try it one day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousDrGraceDined on 25/11/2014From start to finish this was a dining experience that will dwell a long time in the memory. To add to the fabulous food, the service is simply outstanding - attentive and efficient (but never overbearing) and with just the right balance of friendliness. I have looked forward to this meal for a long time and travelled a long, long way to enjoy it. My high expectations were fully realised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CwttDined on 25/11/2014I was expecting something that was out of this world - experimental food that left you thinking 'how on earth have they done this', tastes that I didn't recognise, faultless service etc... In actual fact, it was a bit more 'normal'. Interesting, exciting food in a beautiful setting but not unlike anything I'd seen before. The service was good but explanations felt like they were being recited and we had to wait some time for waiting staff once it got busy. All in all, a lovely evening but rather pricey given what we got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerThomasAaDined on 24/11/2014The experience from we were greeted to the drinks in the bar after deset var Perfect. Great sommelier! Loved consept With older recepies. made the experience more interesting. Tipsy cake was leathal!Can't wait to Return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrilliantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 24/11/2014I booked a table for lunch for my husbands birthday surprise. Amazing food, amazing service. We are definitely going again and we think everyone should give it a go. XSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it all the way through.SabineDined on 23/11/2014Staff was friendly and forthcoming. The service efficient. The fruit meat, the octopus, cod and pork chops mouth melting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food but over pricedBishDined on 23/11/2014We thought the food was amazing but overall we think if you're spending this amount of money there are better places to do it. The sommelier wasn't particularly knowledgeable, we told him we wanted a lower percentage wine, nothing 14 or above. He recommended a south African wine and as we'd told him what we wanted we didn't think to check the bottle. Turns out it was 14 percent. The service was sloppy at times, twice the waitress tried to deliver us drinks and food that was not ours, at these prices you expect the best but you weren't getting it. It also felt like we were pushed into ordering the tipsy cake by the staff because they have to prepare it 40 minutes in advance. The layout of the tables for 2 felt packed in, especially when you're sitting next to two yobbish lads the whole way through dinner. The food was incredible but we won't be back because we felt everything else let it downSpecial Features:
- excellentcdalyDined on 23/11/2014on Sunday evening myself and 5 friends went to Dinner, arriving a little early we all had cocktails and nibbles which were very nice indeed. we were seated at 6.30 and left after 11 pm, which may seem a long time but we were able to enjoy 3 absolutely delicious courses without being rushed. The only problem was deciding what to choose. the staff were extremely nice and helpful. They knew from previous bookings that at least one of us had been a couple of times before and because of the dates guessed it was possibly for a birthday celebration (it was) which shows they do their homework. we all had a brilliant evening and can not wait to go again. 10 out of 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deception and indignation.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 22/11/2014Deception and indignation. I can't understand why this restaurant has two Michelin stars and is no. 5 on the San Pellegrino list. Poor food, poor service
- Birthday DinnerNatBVIPDined on 22/11/2014The service here was impeccable and the view into the kitchen was impressive. The food was presented in a theatrical manor, the Tipsy Cake was excellent, but would have expected some more flavours from some of the main dishes. Definitely an experience worth having though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was goodTatkaDined on 22/11/2014We came to celebrate my husband birthday. It was very good experience from tbd beginning to the end. Team is very nice and friendly with knowledge of what they are serving. Wine was great and suit s lot to food (was recomended by team). We had a lot of fun and will definetly come back. Just sit and look to team working in the kitchen was amazing. Realy loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 21/11/2014I assume we booked for similar reasons to many others, because we had read the reviews of the restaurant and wanted to try it. The service was excellent, attentive without being intrusive. The food was creative without being "too much", and the taste of every dish was outstanding. The restaurant was larger than I had expected, but it was full and very lively. A good atmosphere. The only minor negative was the foot traffic of the waiters, which was a little irritating. Overall excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special treatPAW128Dined on 21/11/2014We had a wonderful evening. The long wait to get a booking was well worth it. The service we received from all staff was excellent. The staff had a thorough knowledge of the menu and wine. It was great to be able to see into the kitchen and watch the food being prepared - the kitchen staff were working so hard. Great food of course, we would certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely amazing!NorwayDined on 21/11/2014Fantastic food in a pleasant atmosphere and very good service. Looking foreward to next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabNicolasotonDined on 20/11/2014Excellent lunch, service and atmosphere. Food was so tastefulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/11/2014Just perfect taste and ambience. Outstanding service and overall experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't wait for cold food!breva20Dined on 17/11/2014We went to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary. We were very pleased at the beginning :The place the service and the starters were great! Unfortunately our main courses arrived after 40min waiting and they were cold. I wasn't able to finish it as I can't stand a cold cooked fish. And my husband struggle with a cold pork belly! Any member of the staff came to informed us about the delay and we had to asked for it. This change our hole experience and were not able to enjoy it to the full anymore. We explained this to the staff and they offered us to take the food back to the kitchen to be "warmed up", we refuse this option as that could men another 20min waiting. They invited to one dessert that we haven't order. Sadly this didn't made it up to us as our main were late and cold. We expected a service according to the venue. We were really disappointed that such a big mistake was treated as a small error. For all these reasons we don't see ourselves coming back or recommending this venue as it felt overall as a bad experience.Special Features:
- Just FantasticLolmf1Dined on 17/11/2014Took my husband to lunch to celebrate his 50th .... Wow! Food, service and overall experience was wonderful. Thank youSpecial Features:
- OutstandingAH22Dined on 16/11/2014Perfectly judged service accompanied the delightful cuisine. A relaxed, and hugely enjoyable, gastronomic experience that cannot be recommended highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is this heaven?4U2tasteDined on 16/11/2014So imagine all the hype in the papers about a bit of food on a plate. Can anything live up to these rave reviews? Surely the punters must have been blackmailed? Surely they must be friends? Can anything really be this incredible?. Dinner is. Eating in Heston's restaurant , savouring the succulent historical menus is just like the nearest experience to entering heaven, Try it all- meat fruit is a must; the pigeon to melt in your mouth, the powdered duck is something else. And try the ice cream, an experience. The service complemented the food and ambience, with great views of Hyde Park and the kitchen, I could kick off my shoes and put my feet up, and still it would been fine- nothing is a problem.. . I could go on,-but you should just go. So eating in Heston's is the nearest thing to heavenly perfection - so yes I did float through the meal One small point.......save, This is not a 'casual lunch', but is it worth it? Not if you wish to have a plate piled high with grease and stodgy food. Yes, if you wish to savour sublime cuisine and be wafted away into some form of ecstasy.....Just save and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deeply disappointing :-(rubydooDined on 15/11/2014We planned an overnight stay in London for the sole purpose of visiting this restaurant, and to say we were underwhelmed is being polite. As a 2 Michelin star restaurant we were expecting fabulous service & fabulous food but didn't feel we had received either. On being seated we were asked if we wanted champagne, but having just consumed a bottle in the champagne bar said we would just start with water; we then waited at least 20 minutes before I finally asked if we could order something to eat or drink. No nibbles or canapes of any description were forthcoming, and the bread was cold sourdough which could have come from any high end bakery. Starters were very enjoyable - I just had to have the meat fruit and enjoyed it hugely. Mains however were very ordinary - I had cod in cider sauce, and found the accompanying smoked artichokes completely overpowering and chard unseasoned & bland; the whole dish was tepid. One companion had a steak which was great - but really, how hard is that? My husband had a pork chop which was tasty but not exciting or memorable in any way. When my dish was cleared no comment was passed that I had eaten the fish but nothing else; in fact at no time were we asked how everything was. By this point I was feeling really demoralised as this had been my choice of venue, and passed on dessert. The other 3 partook however & felt they were of a similar good standard to the starters. By this point it was after 11 & we asked for the bill; we were then brought a bizarre little post-dessert ganache & shortbread combo. When we split the bill the amount we chose only partially covered the 12.5% service charge; the suited guy, presumably management, repeated the amount quizzically a couple of times but even then didn't ask if there had been any problem or whether we had enjoyed our meal. He returned the second credit card & turned on his heel without a thank you! Not even close to 2 star standard compared to our experiences at Sat Bains & Le Manoir.
- What a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 14/11/2014Every thing about this restaurant is a disappointment. We were sitted 15 min after the time of our reservation. When finally at our table there were an other 15 min before anyone came to the table to welcome us or ask for drinks order, they never explained so the menu, the service was really poor, the food is really average and for that price we were expecting something outstanding. The ambience is more like a cafeteria than a fine dinning restaurant. The wine list is really poor.
- best of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 14/11/2014best restaurant in London and possibly in the world what an amazing food and service. Loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nowhere else will ever equal this!JoolsDined on 14/11/2014I can't put into words just how special our dinner was. Thank you Heston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined as a anniversary treat. Fab experience.AudiemurphyDined on 13/11/2014Great food, Presentation , aroma and tasting superb. Outstanding. service. Should be on everyone's bucket list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable EleganceNicGDined on 13/11/2014From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome and comfortable by the highly trained staff. They knew it was our first visit and tailored their information accordingly, without ever making us feel uncomfortable or patronised. The food and wine suggestions were excellent. The food itself was outstanding and fully lived up to its reputation. That said, it is a very expensive meal and well outside my normal budget considerations, but for a special occasion, or for those with more disposable income than I, it is a highly recommended culinary experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but could have more for a 2 Michelin starsmiamDined on 12/11/2014We really enjoyed our dinner. The service was impeccable and the food delicious. However for a 2 Michelin stars, I was expecting a bit more like a mise-en-bouche for example.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- something specialLinusDined on 11/11/2014all in all it was a vey special evening, special food, special location and a very good and fast service, thank you !Special Features:
- Wow!YoliDined on 11/11/2014What an experience, we loved every minute of it. The service was out of this world and you felt so well looked after the entire evening. The food was amazing and seeing the legions of chefs in the kitchen made you realize the amount of work that went into every single dish. Meat fruit was amazing and my first time eating pigeon was a treat. We then by accident ended up with 3 deserts, having ordered one and then we saw the nitrogen ice cream which we obviously had to have too. My husband who had his 50th a few weeks back, and the rest of us was also then surprised by a lovely choc pot and lavender biscuit surprise. The waiter overheard us mentioning it, so we really appreciated the little surprise. Overall an amazing evening, steep bill, but happy to pay that for such an experience. It was worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerJustwonderDined on 11/11/2014Overall, it was a very pleased dinner. We were a bit disappointed when we could not take away the rib we couldn't finish. Shame of throw food away! The desserts are divine!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014Close to perfection. The food is too good to be true. Unbelievable.... Heston blumenthal is one of the best in the world !Special Features:
- JRJRDined on 10/11/2014although the prices seem to have risen steeply it's still amazing and always flawless.
- Dinnner by HestonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Incredible food, amazing service if a little too attentive. I think the wine was a little overpriced. It was a brilliant experience overall.Special Features:
- Much betterZetoDined on 10/11/2014It was our second time at Dinner and this time it was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- heston on sunday 9/11gumaboDined on 9/11/2014compared to the Belgian Gastronomie this visit was rather poor. If we eat in another 2 Michelin Star restaurant, we get some "amuses" with our aperitive, we don't have to ask for bread and the food on our plate are paintings with different tastes and freshness. This wasen't the case at all!! Very disappintoing! To end with a positive note: our 11y old children were very good treated and could order an alternitive dish
- Dinner at DinnerBigHeartBingoDined on 9/11/2014Food was superb. Everybody (4 of us) thought every dish was delicious. We shared one dessert between 4 and the richness of the flavours were such that there was enough for us all to savour. Comparing 'Dinner' with the Waterside Inn I would say Dinner is twice as good and half the price. A really enjoyable and interesting experience.Special Features:
- previous reviewsbobsteadDined on 9/11/2014before going to this restaurant, I read the reviews and one said steak was tough well it was terrible others said was not worth te money I agree the overall food was ok nothing special apart from the foi gras tangerine The wine was exorbitantly expensive for a moderate quality So in summary, I was mugged with a smile !
- Never disappointsDBSE1Dined on 8/11/20144th time I have been to dinner, and it lives upto expectations every time. The staff are always lovely and the menu has something for everyone. The quality of the food, plus the presentation and the setting are all spot on, so it remains one of my favourite places to eat in London - for any occasion. Of course not the cheapest place to dine, but I think you still worth it. Look forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- AmazingMelskiDined on 8/11/2014We have been eating in a lots of places and for sure it is the best place we have eaten . 5* service and food !! And meat fruit was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.