Dinner by Heston Blumenthal
London, SW1X 7LANeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £41 and over
Dinner by Heston Blumenthal
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dinnerbyheston.com/
- Phone: 02072013833
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 2:30pm, 6:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Ashley Palmer-watts
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A private dining room seating up to 10 people is available.
- Private Party Contact: Stefanie Kraus 02072013833
A word from Dinner by Heston Blumenthal
Opened January 21st 2011, Focusing on the revival and modernisation of traditional British recipes, the menu at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal features simple contemporary dishes inspired by Britain"s historic gastronomic past and recipes dating as far back as the 16th century.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasions
Dinner by Heston Blumenthal - Best restaurants in Knightsbridge ›
Dinner by Heston Blumenthal reviews from OpenTable diners
1853 reviews since 1 November 2013
special occasions (1446)fit for foodies (1053)romance (853)business meals (610)sunday lunch (217)group bookings (144)outstanding value (142)pre/post theatre (124)brunch (92)child friendly (59)good vegetarian options (58)disabled access (47)afternoon tea (44)outdoor eating (17)Show More
- Amazing meal for wife's birthdaymatthillDined on 29/10/2014We were both very impressed with our meal on 29th October. The food was amazing, the ambience fantastic and we will certainly be coming back!Special Features:
- An amazing dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 28/10/2014Beautyfull restaurant,with a great kitchen and a nice service, the only one point, that was not so good it was a little bit to loud in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous diningDinner2die4Dined on 28/10/2014Overall the outstanding aspects of the night were the knowledge and professionalism of the staff, and how old techniques had been reinvented - a clear love of food and the process of developing perfect taste led to event dining at it's best. We experienced impeccable service with a friendly slant, beautifully presented food and the liquid nitrogen ice cream gave a spectacular end to the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 27/10/2014It is certainly a real epicurean find. The food was wonderfully creative tying into old historical recipes. The wine list was excellent as were our pairings .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/10/2014The main entire cane cold! What else needs to be said. The fo tasted great but instead of preparing the entre from scratch, they too ours (both!) and tried to heat them up. You just can't do that to meat. It becomes tough and over cooked. The waiter was apologetic but it ended there. Will not be back.
- AmazingdoylieDined on 26/10/2014The food, experience, staff, place etc... everything about it was just wonderful. Will be going back (for the third time....got a menu to get through) Defiantly worth every penny.Special Features:
- Superlative dining experience.erod82Dined on 25/10/2014We were expecting great things and we got them. Awesome food, excellent variety, extensive and impressive wine list, impecable service. Well worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Life experienceLindaDined on 25/10/2014We specially traveled to London from the Netherlands to have dinner here, and we feel incredibly privileged. These dishes are phenomenal. It has been an experience we will never forget. Elegant presentation, subtle tastes, very friendly people, pleasant setting, goose bumps all over with every single bite, amazing. If there is any comment we could have for improvement, it would be that the service could be a little less efficient, in the sense that as soon as were seated we had so many attention from the staff, that we didn't have real own time to take in the surrounding and fully appreciate the fact that we were actually there.Special Features:
- Exceeded ExpectationsMylesCDined on 25/10/2014Jonno Forbes and his front of office team went above and beyond the call of duty with my wife and I, we arrived on a Saturdau for lunch for my wifes Birthday from Dublin only to discover I had got the dates wrong, with a bit of restaurant magic and juggling they somehow squeezed us in on what was a very busy lunchtime. The service that followed was then even better with just the right amount of interaction, a balance that is so hard to achieve in my opinion. The food was top quality and I cannot reccomend this restaurant enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food without the POMPmrandmrsddDined on 24/10/2014Great food in a relaxed, beautifully presented restuarant. Staff attentive and not stuffy or over bearing. Excellent food quality. Set menu very good but a few more choices would make it fantastic. Restaurant catered very well for vegetarian diner. The only bad point, far too many mirrors in the bar and restuarant areas.Special Features:
- Amazing food as expected...Katyb5Dined on 23/10/2014We had a brilliant time at Heston's last week, the food, staff, setting and dry ice puffing ice cream machine all surpassed expectations! It is our favourite of the high-end restaurants in London now and we'll certainly be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingIloveSHDined on 23/10/2014Fantastic food, possibly some of the best I've ever eaten. The Mandarin fruit starter was out of this worldSpecial Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/10/2014Highly recommend! get the ice cream..you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 22/10/2014I was there for a business dinner and the all-round experience was first classSpecial Features:
- Very good but there are many bettermangetout2Dined on 22/10/2014The food is very good but you would expect that. We both had steak and chips, that was exactly what you received for £42 with no garnish but a small pot of Mushroom ketchup which was excellent. The starters are exceptional and the puds are good. Bottle of Rose at £58 seems totally over the top. Gins and tonics beforehand again London expensive. No sense of theatre about the place and no amuse bouche, perhaps with Hestons touch of the theatrical we were expecting a little more but overall very good but certainly not worth the money and you don't feel 'spoiled ' enough.Special Features:
- my best lunchtime in LondonDeawDined on 22/10/2014Really appreciated this place, 5-stars service, over 5-stars foods. Don't miss Iberico Pork Chop and Tipsy Cake !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience of my lifeslalFeDined on 22/10/2014An extravagant treat for my wife's birthday that completely exceeded my already high expectations. Had to go for the set lunch menu as it narrowed down the choice; we were too overwhelmed with all the fantastic sounding dished from the full menu, plus the wine pairings meant we did not have to try choosing from the comprehensive wine menu. Staff were excellent and cemented the meal as the best I have ever had. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but mains were averagetweylinDined on 21/10/2014The starters and dessert were very good. The mains were normal. There is no tasting menu. Do not expect the dining experience at say Gordon Ramsays, but this is definitely more relaxed and good for a catch up with friends. Decent value for money.Special Features:
- Excellent food and wineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 21/10/2014We went for lunch at Dinner by Heston for the first time and we would visit again in the future. The ambience was elegant and relaxed with the view of Hyde Park. Next time, we would ask for the window table. We found the lunch set menu was rather uninspiring so we settled for the a la carte. The food was excellent and impressive in both taste and presentation through all three courses, even by comparison with other Michelin restaurants. The wine by glass was very good value considering the quality and the restaurant. The service was great as expected; however, it could be more warm and welcoming. Overall, the experience was fantastic!Special Features:
- An exceptional experienceRudy45Dined on 21/10/2014I took my 13-year old son to Dinner as a special treat and what a treat it turned out to be. The Mandarin Oriental is a little daunting from the outside but the restaurant staff were warm and welcoming and we were made to feel at home very quickly. Service was friendly and efficient and as for the food, well that was simply out of this world. We ate off the a la carte menu and between us ate duck, octopus, steak and meat jam. Dessert was out of this world, tipsy cake and chocolate bars. As we were about to leave, the Maitre d' came over and asked if we'd like a look around the kitchen, as our waiter had discovered my son liked to cook. What a treat that was! I'd strongly recommend Dinner for anyone looking for a reallymemorable place to eatSpecial Features:
- MaigrinMaigrinDined on 21/10/2014We visited Dinner for lunch on our wedding anniversary. We were given a prime location table with a great view of Hyde Park and the daily outing by the Household Cavalry. We took the A La Carte menu as we were intrigued by some of the more unusual dishes. We did note that the Set Lunch menu was very good value for Knightsbridge. We are great admirers of Heston Blumenthal and have eaten at The Fat Duck and The Hinds Head. This was our first time at Dinner and we were not disappointed. The service was attentive without being intrusive and the whole experience was most memorable.Special Features:
- It starts with Meat Fruit!FvonBDined on 20/10/2014By now everyone has heard about the Meat Fruit. Just go already, Totally worth it. That said the menu has many other options to explore. The Scallop appetizer was delicious and an inventive new take. The Pork chop and steak dishes were above excellent. Perfect seasoning, and well composed dishes. The dry aged steak for 2 was some of the best we have ever had (& we love steak). Service was well paced, and attentive without being obnoxious. In summary, this restaurant is what you expect in 2014 when it comes to delicious food with a specific, whimsical point of view. It did not disappoint despite all the hype that can surround a big name restaurant. We will be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/10/2014though the bread before the meal was cold, the meat fruit and tpisy cake was definitely a wow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something different, executed well!PJEfoodieDined on 19/10/2014We had a late Sunday lunch and the restaurant was fairly full, with a nice ambience. We sat next to the glass ensclosed 'open kitchen' and had a good view of the Sous chefs at work. The Scallop and 'Rice & Flesh' starters were both flavoursome, although the saffron rissoto overpowered the calf's tail somewhat. The mains were also good, but it was the Tipsy Cake that was the best dish we had. All the savoury dishes were highly seasoned and well executed. The bottle of Fleurie and the recommended glass of dessert wine were exellent. Staff were friendly and unobtrusive, but very efficient. Our only drawback was that nothing was memorable, even though it was all very good, which stops me rating it as excellent!Special Features:
- Perfect Sunday :)EmilyDined on 19/10/2014Great experience - creative, rich and spoiling food. Outstanding presentation. Exceptional and flawless service, and beautiful views over the park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodjunglyjulesDined on 18/10/2014Wasn't let down by Heston's menu interesting and superb flavours. Restaurant staff were very attentive and knowledgeable the bar service was a bit slow but it was very busy.Special Features:
- SatisfiedFoodieDined on 18/10/2014We went to dinner by Heston on Saturday evening. The staff were absolutely superb and catered to all of our needs. The food was lovely except for the steak which I asked for medium rare however I found the steak burnt on the outside which wasn't great. Except for the steak I found the restaurant in a great location and the staff were brilliant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/10/2014Excellent food and great experience we all enjoyedI would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Meat Fruit starter ...DuckscrossingDined on 18/10/2014We visited Dinner to celebrate a retirement. The reason we chose this restaurant was because of the origins of the menu and the waiter went to great lengths to ensure we understood it further. Great food, especially the Meat Fruit if you enjoy Froi Gras.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodralliDined on 18/10/2014This was my second time at Dinner, and like the first time it was a special occasion. We met with a friend from Australia to catch up. I had fond memories about my first time at Dinner (that was for my 60th birthday with my family). And we were not disappointed. The food was fabulous, the service excellent. The only thing I do not like about restaurants in this class is that the wine is normally excessively overpriced. Of course, I was aware of this and knew what to expect. And this is not meant as critique addressed to Dinner specifically as it is common practice in all top restaurants, particularly in the UK. I still don't like it, but one has to put up with it if one wants the extra class food they serve for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding all round!EmmaDDined on 17/10/2014Service and food was faultless!!! Meat fruit was to die for!Special Features:
- Amazing all roundInstaviewDined on 17/10/2014My girlfriend and I went along to Dinner to sample the delights of Heston's curious culinary mind. On the whole there is little to criticise, the food was delicious, the service fantastic, the atmosphere lively but without feeling crowded or exposed. My only small criticism is that the food albeit first class didn't offer the taste experience I was expecting. I think I've watched too many of his TV shows and I expected to experience a child like wonder at every mouthful, something that he seems to ellicit from everyone who tries his food. Again I must stress, amazing all round, but not the mind blowing gastronomic experience I had hoped for, I guess I'll have to try the fat duck instead ;)Special Features:
- Great food. Ridiculously expensive!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 17/10/2014Food was very nice. Small portions. Fantastic flavours. But very expensive.
- Divine foodCrasher77Dined on 17/10/2014Everyone shld give this restaurant a try at least once. Food was divine esp the pineapple dessert. A slight blimp tho as my starter was my main course n supposed to b served together with my friend's main course but came only after I asked where's my dish when hers arrived. Otherwise service was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/10/2014The food at Dinner by Heston was simply precision at its best. The quality was out of this world. But something else that stood out was the service. Every waiter/waitress could not do enough for us and really made us feel special explaining all the history of the restaurant and menu is part of their script. We especially liked the ice cream that was made at our table with liquid nitrogen! Could not talk highly enough of this place :)))Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!CharlieDined on 15/10/2014For a special treat or occasion Dinner is a must visit! Food and service were out of this world, highly recomended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bucket list item ticked offSparerib61Dined on 15/10/2014Most wonderful food experience of my life. We came from Australia with this specifically booked. Absolutely outstanding - our eyes were often closed in bliss and my husband nearly cried when he tasted the Brown Bread icecream dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food exploration !tangerineDined on 14/10/2014Loved the travel in time of british food - unique, original and delightful ...The roasted pineapple has to be tried for dessert ! Very friendly and helpful staff - but the restaurant is a little too noisy to be able to fully enjoy a table conversation. Make sure you are a small party ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/10/2014Dissappointing experience. Little portions, nothing extraordinary, far too expensive. No value for money!Special Features:
- Good food, slow service.RavenousPoppetDined on 13/10/2014Starters impeccable, the mains just delicious. We are still even talking about the accompanying Buttered Kale as the best ever eaten but the service fell flat. Front of house service is great, I cannot fault that. However the service inside the restaurant was impersonal, boring and slightly pretentious. The menu was explained which was helpful and they were polite but you cannot help but think it insincere. The Sommelier was distant and aloof as soon as we said we didn't want the 200 pound plus bottle of wine that would have gone so well with my pigeon (despite me saying, it was because I had my two children at home and didn't want to go home tired), the mains took an hour so I was tired anyway and we went home bored and disappointed.Special Features: