Dinner by Heston Blumenthal
London, SW1X 7LANeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £41 and over
Dinner by Heston Blumenthal
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dinnerbyheston.com/
- Phone: 02072013833
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 2:30pm, 6:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Ashley Palmer-watts
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A private dining room seating up to 10 people is available.
- Private Party Contact: Stefanie Kraus 02072013833
A word from Dinner by Heston Blumenthal
Opened January 21st 2011, Focusing on the revival and modernisation of traditional British recipes, the menu at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal features simple contemporary dishes inspired by Britain"s historic gastronomic past and recipes dating as far back as the 16th century.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Dinner by Heston Blumenthal - Best restaurants in Knightsbridge ›
Dinner by Heston Blumenthal reviews from OpenTable diners
1869 reviews since 4 June 2014
special occasions (1446)fit for foodies (1061)romance (848)business meals (615)sunday lunch (214)group bookings (152)outstanding value (144)pre/post theatre (122)brunch (97)good vegetarian options (64)child friendly (56)disabled access (48)afternoon tea (45)outdoor eating (17)Show More
- Great food, slowPartyoffiveDined on 30/9/2014Had lunch with work colleagues (celebratory). Set lunch - 3 courses. Food was amazing, beautiful and great. Service was attentive, polite and elegant. However, very slow! Gap of almost 1 and half hours between starters and mains. Not sure what happened, but we actually had to ask if we could speed up. Colleague had to rush off halfway through desert to make it back to work. Perhaps good for leisurely occasions not business lunches etc.Special Features:
- Treated like RoyaltyMrsBobDined on 28/9/2014We are very ordinary folk, a Mum and her foodie daughter, but we were treated as if we were royalty. The food was superlative (although I still think the leaves on the Meat Fruit should be made edible), the service impeccable and friendly, the wine list had something for everybody. A real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank youVaidaDined on 27/9/2014We are visiting this restaurant whenever we are in London. This was the fifth time when we had dinner and I must say every time I more and more impressed. Food is excellent, service is not annoying, ambient is warm but not too fancy. Must eats are meat fruit for starter and tipsy cake for desert. Main courses are all fantastic depending on a mood and taste. Thank you very much for lovely evening!Special Features:
- Why this is not a Michelin RestauraOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 27/9/2014Mr. Heston may disagree but when you have a noisy restaurant environment that takes 40-50 min to prepare a main course dish, serves no opportunity to taste the chef´s innovation, makes you wait with nothing but bread and butter and has a lack of service orientation that a Michelin stared restaurant should have, then there is something wrong with either Michelin reviewers, the 50-best-restaurants jury or with the strong influence that such a "fat" name has in the world business gastronomy. Noma,Osteria but others far behind Dinner should not worry about this stellar ascension. Justice shall be made soon and we will see Dinner as any other hotel restaurant,I am afraid however at the costs of good individuals that the restaurant may still haveSpecial Features:
- OutstandingFoodgroupDined on 27/9/2014The best place we had ever been eating. The surroundings in the restaurant and the service could not get any better. There were so many taste variations, combined with the wine, was so great together. We would certainly come back to have dinner again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing serviceSaltDined on 27/9/2014My second visit to the restaurant and still completely consumed by the taste & flavour of 'Frumenty' starters. The Powdered Duck breast simply melted in my mouth and the flavour combination was just perfect. Tipsy Cake is truly mandatory - you cannot step out of 'Dinner' without trying it. I can give up all the calories to have as many of this dessert as I can stomach. Of course, all these would not have been so satisfying and memorable without the dedicated wait-staff and service providers. They were simply amazing and they definitely made the difference!Special Features:
- Blown Away!!FoodcrazedLizDined on 27/9/2014My husband and I dined at this restaurant recently in honour of our 8th year wedding anniversary and the experience was just what we were after to help us celebrate the occasion. Fantastic food, friendly knowledgeable staff and lovely atmosphere. Top marks from us!! 🌟🌟🌟Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/9/2014Lovely dining room with excellent lighting. Interesting and enjoyable food.Special Features:
- AmazingfoodielondonDined on 26/9/2014Had a wonderful lunch with a friend. The overall atmosphere is beautiful but not snob; service is attentive; food is on point (although the bread was a bit dry and though and drinks were just OK). One note is that it took quite a while to get through the three courses - but we were not in a hurry that was fine.Special Features:
- G68CDined on 26/9/2014brilliant as always - service, food, ambience all spot onSpecial Features:
- Terrible6starluxuryDined on 25/9/2014Booked for my birthday which I mentioned when booking. They sat us next to service area asked to be moved, I was told reserved. Finally moved to table near the kitchen. Hotel guests get the better tables. Ordered 3 starters, hot risotto was luke warm with a skin covering it - should not have left kitchen like that. Main courses again luke warm as well as desert. Called manager over and he said he could re-heat the desert. I was shocked, a 2 michelin star restaurant re- heating food which should be served hot, disgraceful! Were they going to shove it in the microwave? Heston make such a fuss about using all these scientific techniques to make perfect food, it's all marketing. He does triple cooked chips maybe this is double cooked desert.
- Kristy, MelbourneMelbdinerDined on 24/9/2014I had a fantastic experience here. Coming from Melbourne where everyone is talking about 2 amazing restuarants coming to our shores very soon. I will definitely be trying to get a table there in the future. Loved it.Special Features:
- OutstandingGoodFoodDined on 24/9/2014The food was perfectly concocted and it was a wonderful experience which I would like to repeat, although, only on special occasions (!)Special Features:
- Faultless first time experienceemufishDined on 24/9/2014A special family occasion was made truly memorable with thoughtful service and outstanding dishes. The dining room is elegant but not pretentious and hums with an energy of content/smug diners. Do not go past the famous meat fruit and take up your waiters suggestion for the tipsy cake. Fabulous. Faultless yet friendly service expectations were met, then completely surpassed when a throw away comment to the front door host led to personalised celebration plates with our final course. That's good, very good. Outstanding. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive staff, great tasting foodHansDined on 24/9/2014We had the set lunch, at £38 for 3 courses, is great value for money for the quality of good we received. Clever cooking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and Gorgeous FoodFoodyDined on 23/9/2014We booked a table at Dinner to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary, which the staff congratulated us upon arrival, very nice touch. Service was impeccable, staff were very knowledgable but very approachable and friendly, without being over the top. Food was first class, and the Tippsy Pudding was something else, highly recommend! Will definitely be returning again and recommending to all our friends.Special Features:
- Fab place that lives up to the hypejaymichelleDined on 22/9/2014After booking our reservation three months in advance, we were both so happy that our first visit to Dinner went above and beyond our expectations. The food was simply amazing, with lovely twists to old, classic dishes. The attention to detail within the menu gave us insight to what inspired the dishes - something we appreciated greatly! I absolutely cannot fault the staff - we didn't go for a special occasion, but the way they made us feel comfortable and welcomed from the moment we arrived, made it feel like a very special evening.Special Features:
- PerfectRobertDined on 22/9/20143 of us booked for dinner, allowed the sommelier to choose matching wines...just perfectSpecial Features:
- 10/10maldives12Dined on 22/9/2014went there for Monday late lunch.Service and food was amazing.Open kitchen allow you to see kitchen team cooking and working as a team.Good value for money as well.Special Features:
- Aaaaaa-Mazing!!!ajelliffDined on 22/9/2014Had the best dining experience at Dinner. Didn't want the lunch to end. Left leaving in a food coma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing desertSweettooth35Dined on 22/9/2014The food was amazing, but the desert was the winer for me. The next day I wanted to go back to have it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OLEBGDined on 21/9/2014A fantastic dining experience, the food and service was first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable ServiceDebTDined on 21/9/2014A great restaurant with an innovative menu and attentive staff. Given other reviews, I was expecting a somewhat pretentious vibe, however the opposite could not be more true. The wait staff were friendly and helpful, and genuinely believed in the menu and its concept. Our food was cooked superbly, and I cannot recommend the meat fruit or the tipsy cake enough. Prices were high (especially the wine) but at the level you would expect at such a restaurant.Special Features:
- Dinner by HestonMAKKDined on 21/9/2014A very enjoyable experience. I went for my mum's birthday. They were very helpful in recommending dishes. Went above and beyond to help me make the day specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingly CreativeKariBDined on 21/9/2014What a great experience if you are a foodie. The staff were wonderful as well as the food. I love the concept and everything was delicious. Dont pass on the Savory Porridge with Frog Legs if you get the chance to have it.Special Features:
- LOVED! Amazing food, wine & servicelunaDined on 20/9/2014Took my husband to Dinner for his birthday and we had a fantastic evening - we got the best seat in the house with a view of the whole restaurant! The food was absolutely superb, service was fantastic and a great wine list to boot. Not the cheapest night out - but you feel you get what you pay for, as it was a real experience - couldn't fault it! Would definitely go again for another special occasion!Special Features:
- Dinner by Heston !!nathan1878Dined on 19/9/2014Pleasantly surprised to get a table with only a few days notice. The whole experience was delightful, food was fantastic and as you would expect from Heston a little on the odd side but in a good way. The service in particular deserves a special mention. The restaurant has a really nice feel to it, some of the so called celebrity restaurants rely on the name alone but not in this case... OutstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deception...naki81Dined on 19/9/2014I went there with my wife and we were expecting an exclusive restaurant, we found a very noisy place with a rather bad service, we had to ask for the sommelier 4 times and he just offered us french wines... the food was good but absolutely overpriced, the starters were the best, but still I had to add some spice to the food. Overall, restaurant not recommended.Special Features:
- Fun in LondonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/9/2014We booked well in advance, as we were celebrating our anniversary. We had excellent service, the room is beautiful with "buzz" and the food is delicious.Special Features:
- Dinner lives up to expectationsMandmDined on 19/9/2014Heard so many great things about Dinner and it lived up to them. We arrived for cocktails, bar buzzing but soon found seats. Meeting family there and the server made sure when a bigger area became free he reserved it for us so there was enough seats for when the others arrived. Not expected but. Very nice touch, thanks. The food was superb, the service was spot on, attentive whilst being relaxed and informative. Fab evening. Has set the bar very high for we're we eat next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right up there with the very bestTimFleetDined on 19/9/2014Took 5 works colleagues & can't fault it. Food - amazing, service - spot on, location - lovely. Will be going againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding mealTeddingtonfoodieDined on 19/9/2014An outstanding meal , sitting at a table by the large windows, overlooking a small garden and the park beyond. The service was delightful - friendly but utterly efficient and respectful. The intriguing and somewhat bizarre sounding menu belied some very decent and conventionally cooked food , yet with exciting little twists. Although the meal was very expensive it was worth every penny and a wonderful indulgence.Special Features:
- Just flawlessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 19/9/2014Everytime I dine at this restaurant, I just get more impressed with the overall experience. The service is impeccable, the ambience is relaxing and the food is superb. Totally flawless.Special Features:
- Superb food with great serviceEstherLDined on 18/9/2014We had a nice dining experience at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal. From the moment we stepped into the restaurant, we received 5 star service that was warm and personable. The food, especially the famous meat fruit, was to die for! We chose to go ala carte instead of a set (which would have been better value) because we wanted to try specific dishes in the menu - like the spiced pigeon and the tippy cake - so I've rated a 4 for 'value'. Overall this is definitely a great restaurant for special occasions or business meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding culinary treat!JOSEDined on 18/9/2014This has been one of the best culinary experiences we've had in our life; the food was innovative, the flavors exquisite and the menu variety very good. Service was impeccable, with a touch of natural friendliness rarely encountered at restaurants of this level. Every little detail was addressed and the overall result was a memorable meal. We hope to come back as soon as possible!Special Features:
- Superb!MarkVIPDined on 18/9/2014Food and service were flawless, the grilled Octopus in smoked sea broth a delight. Each plate was a feast for the eyes and the mouth. If you want to go the extra mile for food and a willing to pay the prices the restaurant is a clear must in London.Special Features:
- Gobsmacked! In the Very Best Way!LAFoodDorkDined on 18/9/2014My husband & I were visiting London and booked this dinner a few months out. Having read about it, we knew a bit of what to expect. But only a bit, as the beautiful decor and outstanding service weren't discussed in the article we read. The place is truly gorgeous. And the food was even more splendid! Honestly, it was all we could do to resist licking our plates! Each dish was gracefully presented and explained, and the history of the recipes was quite interesting. By the end of our dining experience, we were in awe. I highly recommend this restaurant to food dorks - make sure to try the Meat Fruit. And wear your stretchy pants!Special Features:
- Power cutRestuarantfanaticDined on 18/9/2014Absolutely abysmal, turn up at 2:15 and with no warning or prior notice I am told that there is a power cut and it is no longer possible to eat there. Having booked this restaurant for relatives coming from overseas turned the entire day into an absolute disappointment. Thanks!
- Beautiful setting, stunning foodBatterseaSALDined on 18/9/2014There is not a lot to fault, we had the most delicious lunch and the service was incredible. I had the Meat Fruit to start which was incredibly tasty, to match that as soon as I had come to the end if the delicious toast it came with was there another slice already on its way. Their attention to detail is fantastic and every part of her service is meticulously thought out. The staff were attentive and friendly and able to offer advice on the menu, we will certainly be goin back.Special Features:
- Decadent Dinner at Hestonskatielou22Dined on 18/9/2014We were in London and never expected to get to dine at Dinner but a quick look at Open Table and we were able to secure a booking. Wonderful service and beautiful surroundings looking over Hyde Park. Staff attentive but not hovering. Meals photo worthy with their beautiful presentation at the table. Were never made to feel rushed. All courses were fantastic. I had the Duck for main and the Tripsy cake for dessert-YUM!! Husband had the steak and the peaches. We had such a fantastic time that we rebooked for the following Monday and the staff remembered us and again were fantastic. A wonderful way to end our time in London. Would highly recommend this as a way to spend a few decadent hours. It was the highlight of our London experience.Special Features: