Dinner by Heston Blumenthal
London, SW1X 7LANeighborhood:
BritishPrice: £41 and over
Dinner by Heston Blumenthal
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dinnerbyheston.com/
- Phone: 02072013833
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 2:30pm, 6:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Ashley Palmer-watts
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A private dining room seating up to 10 people is available.
- Private Party Contact: Stefanie Kraus 02072013833
A word from Dinner by Heston Blumenthal
Opened January 21st 2011, Focusing on the revival and modernisation of traditional British recipes, the menu at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal features simple contemporary dishes inspired by Britain"s historic gastronomic past and recipes dating as far back as the 16th century.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Dinner by Heston Blumenthal - Best restaurants in Knightsbridge ›
Dinner by Heston Blumenthal reviews from OpenTable diners
1849 reviews since 6 May 2014
special occasions (1443)fit for foodies (1056)romance (846)business meals (616)sunday lunch (227)outstanding value (148)group bookings (147)pre/post theatre (124)brunch (98)good vegetarian options (66)child friendly (55)disabled access (46)afternoon tea (41)outdoor eating (18)Show More
- Amazing. Impeccable service, foodJayWDined on 1/9/2014Simply a great experience. Not flashy but just well done. Every course was perfectly tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite unique and quite exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 31/8/2014This was a fantastic dining experience. The ancient dishes were superb: a delicious octopus dish called "frumenty", perfect duck, and a dessert like a fluffy cheese cake, the name of which I can't recall. It is a little big and noisy, but really spectacular.Special Features:
- An absolute must!AutismMummy80Dined on 31/8/2014Dined here for a 21st birthday and it well exceeded my expectations - the staff were exemplary, the food and ambience perfect. It made the birthday even more special and wouldn't hesitate to eat here every night of the week if we could.Special Features:
- Birthday and Engagement celebrationBluMenthalfan88Dined on 31/8/2014I booked lunch as a suprise for my partner. The whole experience from the greeting at the door to our tour of the kitchen was friendly yet professional. We have dined at other Michelin star establishments and this certainly was one of the top ones! Food and staff lovely.... with an extra 'surprise' at the end! The price was reasonable too. Well done to all the staff!! DavidSpecial Features:
- Excellent ServicekimmieDined on 30/8/2014Great Service from when you are seen to your seat to when you leave. I mentioned that I am currently pregnant and they catered for me throughout, giving me advice on what's suitable. The food is of course outstanding and what you would expect at that level. The grilled Octopus and macerated strawberries are a must have. TheSpecial Features:
- Amazing, but busypheaDined on 30/8/2014Fantastic food and service as you would expect.... An amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A sensual sensation!CharlieLyneDined on 30/8/2014We chose this restaurant because our eleven year old son is interested in cooking and an admirer of Heston Blumenthal. Our expectations were quite high but they were all topped! The ambience is classy and special, the presentation is a piece of art and the food is a feast for all senses. There is absolutely nothing to compare it with, so much love, creativity, knowledge and audacious imagination goes into these dishes. The ingredients are perfect and you would not leave anything on your plate. As an extra treat comes the wonderful service, which is not invasive but as classy and special as the entire experience. We were given information on the history and preparation of each dish, which was brilliant for our son. Can't wait for next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's time to go for the third starTrevigianoVIPDined on 30/8/2014Please add tablecloth, flowers, better pottery more kind of bread and some modern plate kind Fat Duck to catch third Michelin Star and probably, first World place: Mandarin can surely make this investment for his glory and our enjoyment.Special Features:
- AberdeenGirlsWhoLunchDined on 30/8/2014Fantastic service, food, atmosphere - simply WOW!!!Special Features:
- Exceptional Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/8/2014Quality of food, presentation, service and ambience are all carefully orchestrated to provide an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:
- A must-trysateamDined on 29/8/2014My girlfriend and I had been quite eager to try out one of Heston's restaurants on our short trip to London, and Dinner certainly did not disappoint. The food was delicious - in particular the meat fruit was worthy of the restaurant's two stars. We tried meat fruit, cod in cider, octopus salad, pork belly and millionaire tart. The first two were a la carte and the last three from the set lunch menu - we felt the a la carte menu options were superior in taste. Service was prompt and friendly. Having not tried Heston's other restaurants, I can't say whether it compares favourably, however on its own this was a fantastic experience. Price was as expected with the pedigree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting food, a real feastInnSiDined on 28/8/2014Taste as many as possible, all these old recipes are coming back from the past, everyone love them. Octopus was my favorite! Fast and attentional service is a must.Special Features:
- Heston in LondonLuv4foodDined on 28/8/2014Staff efficient to the detriment of warmth. Feedback not invited nor welcomed. Food undoubtedly excellent though our duck and pigeon dishes very similar in their oriental spice flavour. Tipsy and coffee not exceptional. Wine extremely expensive. Food presentation not fussy but who needs that? Unfortunately lacking soul and that personal touch that makes dinning here into a really special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as expectedGraham39Dined on 28/8/2014Great service, very friendly. The right balance between attentive and overbearing.Special Features:
- Special lunchJames123dineDined on 28/8/2014You are made welcome as soon as you go in and are looked after very we'll and the menu is explained to you so you can get the best out of it .The food is very good and you can taste all the things that make up the dish . The staff look after you very and are very nice .Good time had by all and worth the trip up from YorkshireSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealFoodieDined on 28/8/2014An excellent meal at Dinner, everything one could wish for. Superb food and very attentive staff, an excellent example of teamwork in action - many other restaurants could learn from this!Special Features:
- Dinner at DinnerKookingKateDined on 27/8/2014We had a delicious meal and overall the experience was an excellent one. The atmosphere of the restaurant in its very glamorous dining room and the superb staff who looked after every need made the evening special and memorable. The food was mostly very good, but I sometimes felt the portions were a little small and the flavours not always recognisable or masked by too much salt. The 'Meat Fruit' was outstanding and every mouthful delectable - I had hoped that each dish would be of this quality.Special Features:
- High expectations metpetelovesfoodDined on 27/8/2014Dinner by Heston Blumenthal has a lot of online information, opinions and reveiws about it to go with a reputation right out of the top drawer. Being rated as the 5th best restaurant in the world and having 2 Michelin stars raised my expectations to new heights. From the perfect service, out of this world food and beautiful dinning area, my expectations were met. Not only did the food taste like it had been designed and prepared by something not of this world but each dish had its own history, stirring a mixture of ancient nostalgia and pure delight in the genius that lay before me. The occasion was my wife's birthday and the knowledgeable servers did not let this detail pass them by adding personal touches to make the outing extra specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Treat!TheGnuDined on 26/8/2014My wife and I took our two boys (16 & 15) to Dinner by Heston for a special treat to celebrate GCSE results and indulge both our and our eldest boy's love of good food. Service was very helpful (explaining the dishes and recommending wine), attentive and relaxed (without the 'hovering' and excessive speed you can get in popular restaurants) and very friendly. This really helped put us at ease in the rather grand setting of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel. My wife also pointed out that our waiter was ridiculously good looking. We expected high quality, interesting food but still came away impressed and satisfied - even our younger boy who has a habit of working to a limited menu. As expected, the meal wasn't cheap; but it was well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet mushroom ketchup with beef?MsTastyDined on 26/8/2014Too sweet and didn't complement the perfectly aged and cooked Hereford forerib. Historically I agree it was an option, but not the best option for beef (a horseradish concoction or mustard concoction better? Both qualify on historic grounds). Crisp coating to Sussex Pond Pudding worked well and the lemon/caramel filling divine; goats cheese cheesecake and smoked walnuts with roast figs also excellent, even if figs a little too dry. No need to review the Meat Frui - a must if never tried; but beware it is very rich and a big slab of pate for a starter - next time I'd share it. Austrian Sommelier superb: charming, knowledgeable approachable and efficient. Rest of front of house team a hoot; less of the 'my best mate' in future please'.Special Features:
- Improvements since it opened!HEnryJPDined on 26/8/2014Second visit since the restaurant opened. We feel that the dishes are more creative and flavourable than at its inauguration - so worth a second visit.Special Features:
- DutchtouristsDined on 26/8/2014Wonderful experience. Ambiance was great. Food was super. Presentation was excellent. Service is one of the best level I have ever experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Was Wowed!EpiCuriousDined on 25/8/2014One would expect to be wowed by the food at a Heston Blumenthal restaurant, but this exceeded our expectations. Each item on each plate was special, but not pretentious. The staff were impeccably trained, but not ostentatious. Everyone, from busboy to Maître' d, was there to serve, professionally and knowledgably. As expected, especially given the historical nature of the recipes, our server knew everything about the menu, but only went into detail when asked. There was no pretentious show of it. The overall effect was of a truly great restaurant: confident, with a lovely, highly professional and yet warm ambience. It was a unique dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding mealGeoffDined on 25/8/2014Great ambiance, the staff could not be more helpful or knowledgeable about the food or wine, and the meal was delicious - Overall a fantastic experience!Special Features:
- serviceanonDined on 25/8/2014Restaurant service itself was very good but spoit by the poor service at hotel entrance which was almost non-existent on arrival and departure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialabdab37Dined on 25/8/2014This is my second time at Dinner, and I came away disappointed, again. The tipsy tart is well worth trying, but may be the best thing on the menu. Whilst I appreciate the effort and creativity that has clearly gone into the menu selection, the execution is rather hit or miss. The Savoury Porridge was interesting in concept, but the sauce had an overpowering tartness that detracted from and unbalanced the flavours. I had the pork belly special, and it missed the mark. It was rather bland and not smoky or crispy. If you're intent on going to Dinner to tick it off your list, my recommendation would be that you get it out the way and leave the better restaurants till last. If you want an excellent meal in London, book at the Ledbury instead.
- Unique experienceNattersDined on 24/8/2014It was difficult to choose because there were so many tempting options. Staff were really helpful and very flexible with our 10 year old daughter. I had meat fruit and iberico chop. The flavour combinations were perfect and presentation had a real wow factor. My husband had bone marrow and the steak and said that the steak was the best he'd ever had. You could see into he kitchen which was really interesting. The only slightly negative comment was that it was more expensive than I expected which will make it hard to go back in a hurry but everything about it made it a really special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 24/8/2014Both service and food are superb. The humorous managers and waiters indeed make this experience even much better. Best in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbMoosie57Dined on 24/8/2014We had a superb lunch at Dinner to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary. The starters of mandarin foie gras and chicken livers, delicious as was the safron risotto with lamb. The mains of rib of beef between two was cooked to perfection and very tasty. The triple fried chips superb as were the beans & challots and carrots & caraway. The rib eye steak was also superb. For dessert we chose: the goats cheeses ice cream with figs and caramelised walnuts & accompanied by the recommended wine, amazing; the chocolate dessert with its accompanying port was excellent and the brioche with pineapple and it's accompanying sweet wine was awesome. The variety of teas were interesting and then had our coffee & cocktails in the bar. Exceptional service.Special Features:
- Lovely birthday lunchRobboMDined on 23/8/2014If you're going to pay for an expensive meal, you want it to be great - and Dinner certainly didn't disappoint. The restaurant, which overlooks Hyde Park, is very stylishly decorated and has great ambience and a lively atmosphere. Staff and both knowledgeable and enthusiastic, and the food is first class - the triple cooked chips certainly live up to their reputation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiLove2eatDined on 23/8/2014We had a lovely lunch yesterday at Dinner. The service was faultless.We had a mixture of meat fruit and rice and flesh for starters.Both were amazing tastes.Then we had steaks and pork.All once again cooked beautifully.Deserts were tipsy cake and chocolate.For me personally I was disappointed with the tipsy cake as I thought it was extremely sweet and the pineapple tasteless. The only downsides was the discretionary charge at the bar..We expected it in the restaurant but not at the bar.Also we have since found out that an ice cream dessert can be cooked at your table.This was not pointed out to us which I think for a 2 star Michelin restaurant was very disappointing as several of us would have liked to have seen that and ordered it.Special Features:
- Return visit?acko22Dined on 22/8/2014While we found some things of interest in the concept, and some good tastes in the dishes we had, we were disappointed with the absence of canapes and amuse-bouche, consistently lukewarm food, and particularly with checking the bill afterwards and finding that we had been charged £12 for a couple of small bits of bread that we didn't ask for but were served without any indication that we would have to pay for them, which we consider to be sharp practice unworthy of a quality restaurant.
- Great experienceww9020Dined on 22/8/2014Heston Blumenthal for me is one of the most admired chiefs in the world. I like this creativity and his outstanding ideas and philosophy. I was there with my son and we had lunch. The restaurant is quite large and a little bit noisy therefore but we had a nice table with a view to the nearby park. The service was outstanding and the food also. We spent 220 pounds for a shared meat fruit (exceptional!) and three courses after that (including some water and a bottle of wine).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dinner with hubby!MjelianDined on 21/8/2014Loved the food and service. I thought that it was right on par... with one exception. We started with the escargot, had the in-bone rib eye steak for two and the tipsy cake for desert. All of the food was delicious. My only complaint was that my steak did not come out exactly as ordered. I requested charred (slightly burnt on outside) but medium inside. Instead it came out just a little under medium and colder than usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two words - meat fruitDivaelleDined on 21/8/2014I spend a lot of evenings in impressive restaurants throughout the world predominantly for work, but also personally. In that, I tend to be a bit jaded and hard to impress. However, I was thrilled with my experience and meal at Dinner. Once you get past the Knightsbridge "scene" upon entering at the bar, you will be delighted. Our sever, Chris, was outstanding, guiding us through the menu, and genuinely taking the time to talk with my dinner partner and I. The meal as a whole was great, but the absolute stand out was the Meat Fruit. This is a must have. The taste was fantastic, and the presentation blew me away. I made another booking this morning to take someone else back. You must experience this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daughters treatLB3478Dined on 21/8/2014I had booked this restaurant to celebrate my daughters exam results as a special treat. We came to London especially on the train from Lancaster to come here. It was so nice that we could see inside the kitchen. I would have loved to have booked the Chef's Table, but it had a minimum dining policy of 4 people, there was just 2 of us. We were attended to by two gentlemen, both were very polite. The meal was lovely, and the dessert Devine, millionaires cake, yum! The meal was ended with a chocolate ganache and biscuit, and the chef had put "congratulations" on my daughters as the waiter had told them about our special occasion, which was a lovely touch. Thank you.Special Features:
- ozziesDined on 21/8/2014from your first welcome at the door to the good bye and have a good day the experience was exceptionalSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 20/8/2014We had the set lunch menu with matching wines. Both the food and the wine were sensational. Only one small complaint was that we were asked what we would like to drink when we sat down and we were recommended an English sparking wine. While this was very nice it did cost an eye watering £18 for a 250mil glass. As this can be bought in the shops by the bottle for around £25 for 750ml the mark up is pretty staggering!Special Features:
- Another great lunchDanmDined on 19/8/2014I've been very fortunate to go to Dinner 4 or 5 times now (including the amazing chefs table) and every time it has been fantastic. Being served great food in an informal but professional environment is exactly what I want when I go to a restaurant, and Dinner probably dose this better than anyone. I can't wait to come back again.Special Features:
- Great but no magicHestongroupieDined on 2/8/2014Food was incredible but very few of the twists and turns you would expect.Special Features: