Dinner by Heston Blumenthal
London, SW1X 7LANeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £41 and over
Dinner by Heston Blumenthal
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dinnerbyheston.com/
- Phone: 02072013833
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 2:30pm, 6:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Ashley Palmer-watts
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A private dining room seating up to 10 people is available.
- Private Party Contact: Stefanie Kraus 02072013833
A word from Dinner by Heston Blumenthal
Opened January 21st 2011, Focusing on the revival and modernisation of traditional British recipes, the menu at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal features simple contemporary dishes inspired by Britain"s historic gastronomic past and recipes dating as far back as the 16th century.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasions
Dinner by Heston Blumenthal - Best restaurants in Knightsbridge ›
Dinner by Heston Blumenthal reviews from OpenTable diners
1851 reviews since 22 October 2013
special occasions (1437)fit for foodies (1045)romance (849)business meals (611)sunday lunch (217)group bookings (147)outstanding value (139)pre/post theatre (122)brunch (92)child friendly (58)good vegetarian options (57)disabled access (46)afternoon tea (45)outdoor eating (16)Show More
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/10/2014though the bread before the meal was cold, the meat fruit and tpisy cake was definitely a wow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something different, executed well!PJEfoodieDined on 19/10/2014We had a late Sunday lunch and the restaurant was fairly full, with a nice ambience. We sat next to the glass ensclosed 'open kitchen' and had a good view of the Sous chefs at work. The Scallop and 'Rice & Flesh' starters were both flavoursome, although the saffron rissoto overpowered the calf's tail somewhat. The mains were also good, but it was the Tipsy Cake that was the best dish we had. All the savoury dishes were highly seasoned and well executed. The bottle of Fleurie and the recommended glass of dessert wine were exellent. Staff were friendly and unobtrusive, but very efficient. Our only drawback was that nothing was memorable, even though it was all very good, which stops me rating it as excellent!Special Features:
- Perfect Sunday :)EmilyDined on 19/10/2014Great experience - creative, rich and spoiling food. Outstanding presentation. Exceptional and flawless service, and beautiful views over the park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodjunglyjulesDined on 18/10/2014Wasn't let down by Heston's menu interesting and superb flavours. Restaurant staff were very attentive and knowledgeable the bar service was a bit slow but it was very busy.Special Features:
- SatisfiedFoodieDined on 18/10/2014We went to dinner by Heston on Saturday evening. The staff were absolutely superb and catered to all of our needs. The food was lovely except for the steak which I asked for medium rare however I found the steak burnt on the outside which wasn't great. Except for the steak I found the restaurant in a great location and the staff were brilliant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/10/2014Excellent food and great experience we all enjoyedI would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Meat Fruit starter ...DuckscrossingDined on 18/10/2014We visited Dinner to celebrate a retirement. The reason we chose this restaurant was because of the origins of the menu and the waiter went to great lengths to ensure we understood it further. Great food, especially the Meat Fruit if you enjoy Froi Gras.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodralliDined on 18/10/2014This was my second time at Dinner, and like the first time it was a special occasion. We met with a friend from Australia to catch up. I had fond memories about my first time at Dinner (that was for my 60th birthday with my family). And we were not disappointed. The food was fabulous, the service excellent. The only thing I do not like about restaurants in this class is that the wine is normally excessively overpriced. Of course, I was aware of this and knew what to expect. And this is not meant as critique addressed to Dinner specifically as it is common practice in all top restaurants, particularly in the UK. I still don't like it, but one has to put up with it if one wants the extra class food they serve for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Ridiculously expensive!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 17/10/2014Food was very nice. Small portions. Fantastic flavours. But very expensive.
- Divine foodCrasher77Dined on 17/10/2014Everyone shld give this restaurant a try at least once. Food was divine esp the pineapple dessert. A slight blimp tho as my starter was my main course n supposed to b served together with my friend's main course but came only after I asked where's my dish when hers arrived. Otherwise service was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/10/2014The food at Dinner by Heston was simply precision at its best. The quality was out of this world. But something else that stood out was the service. Every waiter/waitress could not do enough for us and really made us feel special explaining all the history of the restaurant and menu is part of their script. We especially liked the ice cream that was made at our table with liquid nitrogen! Could not talk highly enough of this place :)))Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!CharlieDined on 15/10/2014For a special treat or occasion Dinner is a must visit! Food and service were out of this world, highly recomended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bucket list item ticked offSparerib61Dined on 15/10/2014Most wonderful food experience of my life. We came from Australia with this specifically booked. Absolutely outstanding - our eyes were often closed in bliss and my husband nearly cried when he tasted the Brown Bread icecream dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow service.RavenousPoppetDined on 13/10/2014Starters impeccable, the mains just delicious. We are still even talking about the accompanying Buttered Kale as the best ever eaten but the service fell flat. Front of house service is great, I cannot fault that. However the service inside the restaurant was impersonal, boring and slightly pretentious. The menu was explained which was helpful and they were polite but you cannot help but think it insincere. The Sommelier was distant and aloof as soon as we said we didn't want the 200 pound plus bottle of wine that would have gone so well with my pigeon (despite me saying, it was because I had my two children at home and didn't want to go home tired), the mains took an hour so I was tired anyway and we went home bored and disappointed.Special Features:
- Too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/10/2014Dissappointing experience. Little portions, nothing extraordinary, far too expensive. No value for money!Special Features:
- Table Cloth?BrumbleDined on 13/10/2014Plus: very precise, skilled and innovative cuisine, friendly but professional service minus: no table cloths (in a Michelin two starred restaurant!!) which results, together with the unlucky attempt of a contemporary interior architecture, in an unbearable acoustic sitation.Special Features:
- Another great lunchDanmDined on 13/10/2014I've been fortunate to eat here several times, and every time the food/experience has been excellent. This times I had the chicken (usually have the pork chop) for main, and I have to say it was superb. Dinner is everything I look for in a restaurant - fabulous food in a relaxed environment with good service and decent wine. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Good not blown awayNicodg007Dined on 12/10/2014Had high expectations naturally. Was good overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect in every way!MerriDined on 12/10/2014From the moment we walked in to the moment we left EVERYTHING was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but not 2 starsmarcolivier7Dined on 11/10/2014Starters were great, steak was very good but can be eaten at any decent steakhouse, dessert was also very good, but all together I think the 2 stars were given because of the Heston brand. The previous 2 stars I went to were more memorable and had more surprises and extras from the Chef...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServicechevalDined on 11/10/2014The staff is attentive and helpful. The food was generally very good, but i would like to see more creativity in my next visit, just like what we see in his shows.Special Features:
- Memory for a lifetimedagasDined on 11/10/2014Everything in this restaurant is of top quality. To begin with: the staff is attentive, smiling and relaxed, making you feel comfortable. The venue is superb, within the Mandrin Oriental Hotel with a view of the Hyde Park. But what is really amazing is the food, of course. Based on old English recipes, every dish had the quality of being "the best I have ever tasted". The meat was tender, cooked perfectly and presented in a delicate way. This is art!Special Features:
- ExcellentLukepassDined on 10/10/2014Excellent dinner with a fantastic attention for details. The food was perfect and this experience will remain in memorySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting from FloridaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2014Kevin & the entire staff were wonderful. Waitstaff really know the menu and can answer every question. Kevin remembered us after six months! Husband says his Bone Marrow appetizer was among the best dishes he's ever had. And of course the ice cream was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gret nightInkermanDined on 10/10/2014Excellent food, very helpful service. The meat fruit is as amazing as people say!
- Lunch menuDennisDined on 10/10/2014Had my dad and brother in for lunch the other day. I was a bit dissapointed with the food. We had the lunch menu. The octapus serving was more or less tasteless - needed salt and sourness. The porkbelly serving did not have a crispy crust (pretty much standard everywhere) and was served with peas (october month). Dont know where the peas were from but they were not freshly harvested. I suspect them coming from a freezer. The salmon serving was sloppy plated in my opinoin. The service was great - though we did wait for all our dishes. I was expecting more from a 2 star Michelin restaurant rated the 5th best place to eat in the world. I know i was there for a set menu, but i still think it should be a priority for the restaurants reputationSpecial Features:
- 50 year celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014A magic evening. Service is outstanding, Food is outstanding. Enough variation on food. Great wine list. Good value. We`ll be back.Special Features:
- Heston Hit!NasherDined on 8/10/2014We went to celebrate a significant birthday and were not disappointed! The ambience, service and of course food were outstanding - the added twist from Heston always keeps you guessing - even when you have read the menu you are never sure what you are actually going to get - the meat fruit as a signiture dish is one not to be missed as it the Tipsy cake. We were offered a tour of the kitchen too, which was a lovely added touch - Simply a wonderful memorable evening, not cheap, but worth every penny.Special Features:
- very nice but not perfectsc78Dined on 8/10/2014I expected the experience to be just spotless - it was very nice but not just complete! at such a place you don't need to ask for the waiter to serve your wine, or you don't expect them to pour you sparkling water in the glass where you are drinking still... great experience but for that money you want perfectionSpecial Features:
- fantastic food, fantastic serviceckmarshallDined on 7/10/2014the food absolutely blew me away. the meat fruit was incredible and the duck was just melt in the mouth brilliant. my friend had the pidgeon and was equally amazed. it was my friends birthday and they made sure they added happy birthday in chocolate sauce to the desert. the staff were equally brilliant and very knowledgable about the good and extremely friendly to chat to. the restaurant itself was stunning and tastefully decorated. also a nice touch was being able to see inside the kitchen at the talented chefs hard at work. will definitely be going back again and make it a goal to try every single item on the menu. the meat fruit is as close to the fat duck as anything else. but the food is just stunningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the wait.JamesAGDined on 6/10/2014The food was fabulous. The service attention to detail, perfection; Fat duck could learn a lot. Dinner staff picked up my wife’s early pregnancy due to conversation on steak “doneness” and were perfectly subtle and attentive. It's the little things that make the world of difference, to the simple point of the maître d’ placing a bag hook on the table as he passed by, no conversation but an action that demonstrated excellence. I could go on except there's a charater limit. We did have one criticism and that was the speed in which we were brought items as it meant we didn't get to finish our meal. 90 minutes between receiving the entrée and receiving the main course was a little too long even for a relaxing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014With the name I expected more. Each course was good but only warm and not hot. Service spotty. And did I mention it was expensive. If all had been spot on, we wouldn't have minded the cost, but it should have been better.Special Features:
- Epicurian havenSunblushDined on 4/10/2014Food was gorgeous. Loved that it looked like real food instead of gels, foams and towers. The flavors were intense, deep and complex. The wait staff were very knowledgeable about the cooking processes and it was so interesting to hear about the recipes and techniques. The view in the kitchen isn't too bad either, if you like watching men prepare gorgeous food in front of your nose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOFI74FOFIVIPDined on 3/10/2014AMAZINGLY BUZZY BAR AND THEN A BEAUTIFUL CONTEMPORARY DINING ROOM WITH GLASS WALL TO OPEN PLAN KITCHEN WHERE AT LEAST 8 CHEFS ARE BUZZING AROUND PREPARING AMAZING FOOD. GREAT FLAVOURS AND SUBTLE TASTES. WONDERFUL, EFFORTLESS SERVICE WITH GREAT KNOWLEDGE TO ADD. GREAT PRESENTATION AND RATHER THAN THE TRADITIONAL AMUSE BOUCHE TO START, A TRULY INSPIRING AMUSE DESSERT TO END. MAGIC !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding.OliluDined on 3/10/2014The food was delicious, great chance to try some things you don't normally have such as frog's legs and snails! The other dishes were more traditional like chicken breast and pork chop but with a twist that created such flavoursome food. You must go try it for yourself!Special Features:
- Dinner By HestonHannahLovesFoodDined on 3/10/2014Fabulous! The only let-downs were when our triple-cooked chips didn't arrive until after we'd finished our mains (but we weren't charged for them so didn't mind too much) and I was informed my duck would be "beautifully pink inside", but it wasn't which was disappointing as I'd been looking forward to some pink meat. Otherwise, the food was lush, the staff were pleasant and friendly, and the whole experience was a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Michelin standardLilitaDined on 2/10/2014We had the lunch set menu and were pretty underwhelmed. I had a tomato and goat's curd salad for starter and salmon with beetroot for main, both quite nice but not exceptional at all. Comparing to other Michelin star restaurants, it wasn't outstanding. Having said that, I'm sure the a la carte is better. A set menu should showcase some flair and make you want to return but it just didn't do it, have had exceptional Michelin food elsewhere for better value. Service very attentive but a little stiff and unnatural. My card payment was taken while we were still eating which I thought was rude. Views of Hyde Park were fantastic and the liquid nitrogen ice cream trolley looked fun. I'd like to try Heston's other restaurants for real innovation!Special Features:
- LovelyMrsHRCDined on 2/10/2014Went for lunch with my sister, was an absolute joy. Service excellent and food amazing. Little bit of the Heston theatre apparent too.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and serviceHobbykokkenDined on 2/10/2014I have been to several restaurants on the Worlds 50 best list, and Dinner truely deserves its place on that list. Outstanding food and service. We brought our 8 yeras old daughters and she was breathtaken by both the food and the very attentive staff.Special Features:
- Lunch @ Hestons "Dinner"DucatiDined on 1/10/2014This is my 6th visit to Dinner @ Hestons & yet again it was a memorable experience. Fantastic service, with just the right mix of friendliness & professionalism from all the staff. Food was it's usual very high standard, (Meat fruit is sensational) & the Sommelier was how I expect to be & recommend a beautiful white wine which was low-med priced (for the restaurant). Nice touch was 1 of the waiters addressing me by my name, just made it feel somewhat more special.Special Features: