Dover Street Restaurant & Bar
8 - 10 Dover Street
London, W1S 4LQNeighbourhood:
MediterraneanPrice: £26 to £40
Dover Street Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.doverst.co.uk/
- Phone: 02076299813x1
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 6pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night
A word from Dover Street Restaurant & Bar
This is one of the few places in London which consistently offers a combination of fine cuisine with top live music acts and dancing every night until 3am. The restaurant has recently been refurbished and serves modern French/Mediterranean style food. This is a great place to go if you want a lively atmosphere and entertainment in a West End location. What's cooking? King prawns with lobster sauce, Dover Street gravadlax, toasted goats cheese with Mediterranean roast vegetables, char grilled fillet steak, pot roasted duck with carrot puree, braised parsnips and potato sautee.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dover Street Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since 24 May 2014
group bookings (6)special occasions (4)romance (3)outstanding value (2)fit for foodies (2)pre/post theatre (2)business meals (1)outdoor eating (1)Show More
- Great music but vegetarians beware!SouldivaDined on 9/8/2014I have always had a good experience at Dover Street, but on this occasion I was really disappointed. There were no vegetarian options at all on the menu and when I enquired about a vegetarian option there was only one, 'feta and spinach ravioli'. This is the most basic, tasteless vegetarian dish offered by practically every café/restaurant in London. I opted instead to order the vegetable side dishes from the other menu options. Normally the bill is reasonable, but on this occasion it came to over £100 for 3 people which, a main course each and one bottle of wine, I thought it was expensive. The main reason I visit Dover Street is it has live music which covers soul and 60s/70s music and Leo Green's band did not disappoint.
- And all that jazzSoulDined on 20/6/2014To the strains of the outstanding resident jazz band, my husband and I enjoyed very good food while enjoying the ambience of the restaurant. This despite all tables being full with mainly boisterous customers, all bent on having a good time.. The 3 course set menu started with chicken soup. In truth the soup not look appetising, but it tasted fine. All the same I would suggest that another, perhaps thicker soup be served in future. the main courses of Duck d'orange and steak were both perfectly cooked. all this along with the sweets of cheesecake and chocolate mousse were expertly served by capable and attentive staff, helping the evening to be one to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catch up with ColleagueHoopman59Dined on 7/4/2014Good Food. Great Service, right balance in making sure you are provided the service required without it being in your face. Monday is swing dance class, but this did not affect the enjoyment of the meal, somehow added to the experience.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningJam1Dined on 29/3/2014I went here for my sisters 50th birthday party with 11 other people, it's good as you can never speak to people normally at the table when you go for a meal as they are too far away, but here you can all mingle after your meal at the bar, and have a bit of a dance if you fancy! The steak was surprisingly good on menu B! Would come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No atmosphere and lack of servicejazzDined on 15/3/2014Very disappointing visit with friends for dinner and jazz. Jazz was repetitious and no atmosphere even though we were sat one of 3 tables only on the dance floor and told we must vacate our table by 10pm. None of this communicated when I had to pay a deposit for our reservation of £15 per head and I then telephoned to confirm my booking and specifically asked if there was any limits on jazz entry. Waiting staff did not understand our requests concerning food or drink e.g asked for lime juice and was brought pieces of lime. Our friend was served wrong food from menu but waitress did not understand our query.Special Features:
- Expect contrasts!FrenchFoodieDined on 13/3/2014Area is very posh (Green Park), but entrance feels almost "cheap" - little space and bad ventilation mean that you immediately smell the cooking / frying of food taking place. Downstairs at first I was worried by the cheap looking chairs and tables. But then the food was actually good, very good-sized portions, well prepared, good quality. All in all a surprising combination. We were a group of 6 who wanted to chat and catch up - this was done, but towards the end the music was getting loud. If we didn't have to get home before our carriages became pumpkins again, we probably would have gone for a dance !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy dining experience.SamTDined on 1/3/2014Great atmosphere and fantastic value for in the middle of London. I've already recommended it to several friends visiting the city soon. Particular hand to the staff for getting us seated after a problem with the website sending through our reservation to them, could have ended up a fiasco but they very very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steak ; expensive drinksBexKDined on 8/2/2014Food was lovely although literally was a steak no veg. Drinks are expensive I think a bottle of prosecco is £45+. The beer was served is normal glasses which made it go flat quickly proper pint glasses would make all the difference.Special Features:
- Disappointing serviceluv2danceDined on 27/9/2013Having been a regular visitor to DSWB in past years I was looking forward to returning. The Bar itself is still as much fun with a great atmosphere and fab music. However, the restaurant was not as good as I had thought it would be. The service was poor, although the actual staff quite friendly. Drinks as always in these type of restaurants were quite expensive and, given the below average service I was unhappy about paying the obligatory 12.5% service charge. All things considered: I would go back to the Club but would not return for a mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 247 reviews are from the Dover Street Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- A wonderful settingACMBDined on 20/9/2013Although more crowded at weekends than the rest of the week, a night out at Dover Street is always great fun - great music from the live band.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & ambianceNoboDined on 8/5/2013Overall experience excellent, food, staff & music. We ate early evening & left before restaurant got really busy, but atmosphere great.Special Features:
- Always Great Fun at Dover StreetFoodieDined on 3/5/2013Love the atmosphere here - for food, for group meetings, for music and for dancing - all round great place.Special Features:
- Wowcher offer- don't botheryumfoodVIPDined on 1/3/2013Went on a wowcher deal, £27 for 5 courses. dissapointed. food was bland and below average. soup appetiser tasted like it was from a tin. starters, ok. Meat in the mains, dry and very over cooked. desserts, left half. coffee and petit fours, average. we were in the back, couldnt see the band, could hear them quietly over the talking. perhaps it was because we were on a cheap offer, but based on our experience, wouldn't return or recommend. (plus added 12.5% service on the full value of the meal, not the £27 we paid, so service ended being almost as much as the wine) waiters were nice thoughSpecial Features:
- A Complete EveningACMBDined on 23/1/2013Long relaxed supper, with a break before pudding for a boogie to the excellent band. The maitre d' is always very helpful with everything too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine and DanceJimmyTDined on 23/11/2012We recently visited Dover Street and from our arrival we were a little concerned about our choice: the doorman had a terrible attitude, and then on entry we were directed to a basement!! That's where the negative ends, as from that point on the whole experience was superb. What a buzz the place has. Food was excellent quality and service friendly, attentive and very customer focused. The live entertainment made the whole evening exceptional. We would highly recommend a visit and will, without question be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, disappointing eveningDDinnerDined on 6/11/2012We were very excited to dine at Dover Street Restaurant having read so many good reviews of it, but our evening was ruined at the offset by the fact that our booking from Top Table didn't go through. An innocent mistake perhaps, but it was made worse by the fact that the staff didn't believe we had made the booking and then went on to take my iPhone from me to verify the email confirmation. We didn't receive an apology for the mix-up but were instead made to wait for a make-shirt table to be set up on the dance floor which made us feel like an inconvenience. Once seated at the fold-up table (no joke), our evening did improve slightly. The food was good but the behaviour of the greeting staff just ruined it for us. A real shame.Special Features:
- Could be great for a partychipeDined on 19/10/2012Could be great for a party, but just too noisey and not terribly classy for a special occasion.
- Great night out!AliceDined on 21/9/2012I bought a voucher from moneysupermarket.com for Dover Street restaurant which made it excellent value for 2 of us as we only had to pay for wine on top. We had the table from 19:00-10:00 which was great, but then realised that the proper jazz band were not going to arrive until 10:45 which was unfortunate. Overall it's a great night out and great value if you buy a deal.Special Features:
- dover street delivers complete evenleslieVIPDined on 17/8/2012Staff were very attentive and dover street offers a complete night out with good food good live music book early to get a table you can keep once music and dancing statsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dover street restaurant and barleslieVIPDined on 4/7/2012Very friendly and efficient staff best to book late table enjoy a meal then you have good table for the live music the club gets very busy with drinkers after midnight but it is a good atmposhere for 30+ to maturer ages. If you are a diner you save the entrance fee later on but of course you'll spend more on drink by being there early so a fair trade off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to the Dover StreetspringtimeDined on 26/6/2012We went to the Dover Street Restaurent to celebrate my son's graduadation and everyone had a very enjoyable evening, better than expected as it was a last minute booking. The music was excellent for a midweek band and we were able to dance between eating, making it feel a very special night out. The food was French and very good, particularly on the special offer also excellent value at £25 per head for five courses. We will definately be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Dover Street RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 19/4/2012The Dover Street Restaurant & Bar served good food- although not amazing. When we arrived at 8pm there was no atmosphere but that changed during the night. friendly staff. we had a good evening.
- The dinner at Dover StreetOSASDined on 31/3/2012The dinner at Dover Street restaurant was nice, the atmosphere was pleasant. We all have had agood time.
- Good food but the space isUSvisitorDined on 6/3/2012Good food but the space is a bit tight. Did not get to enjoy the music but I assume this can be a plus.
- Dover Street Wine bar, LondonEllieDined on 3/3/2012Dover Street Wine bar, London is good fun. We were however dissappointed that one of our guests had ice cold grilled vegetables with the warmed goats cheese starter and then received a fillet steak - medium rare which arrived burnt around the edges. It was removed for an alternative dish and the customer was very ungraciously told that she got an alternative for what was a perfectly good steak, it was cookd meium rare and was chargrilled on the outside so the 'burnt taste should be expected!??
- Had a great evening here..albeotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 31/1/2012Had a great evening here..albeot to the tune of £200 for 2. Food was a slight dissapointment, starters were missing King Prawns and replaced with MORE scallops. Having said that I would certainly go back, live music and ambience were great. Left at 2am!
- The diner at Dover StreetOSASDined on 13/1/2012The diner at Dover Street Restaurant was very good and we have a nice time! Would recomended!
- Good food and service althoughpeterjmDined on 8/10/2011Good food and service although would not receommend area i was allocated
- We went to Dover Street forLondonFoodieVIPDined on 24/9/2011We went to Dover Street for my sister's 40th. It was a good evening, largely because the band were fantastic so we had a great time dancing. The food was pretty average and so over-priced for what we paid, and the service was quite unfriendly and we felt rushed. I would recommend going along for a girly night out, but wouldn't go back for food.
- The great thing about DoverOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/9/2011The great thing about Dover street is the music, they play cracking songs and you are guarenteed a good dance. Having said that the food is good too and its a very reliable night out.
- We had an absolutely lovelyNATTDined on 6/9/2011We had an absolutely lovely evening at Dover Street. We were early diners so we had the benefit of a pretty much empty restaurant with a choice of tables. The food was gorgeous, and by the time we were finished eating the place was buzzing and the live Blues and Jazz had started. A great all in one spot
- Although Dover Street wasanniebVIPDined on 1/9/2011Although Dover Street was expensive, it was good value for money. The music, the atmosphere, the food and the service were excellent.
- My friend and I went to DoverSandyDined on 28/7/2011My friend and I went to Dover Street Restaurant & Bar on Thursday evening. We had a great meal and the Jazz band was very good. Unfortunately it was not very busy, not how I remember Thursday evenings at Dover Street. I will go back though, it's a good night out if you enjoy dancing and prefer a slightly older clientel!
- Dover st is looking a bitBellaVIPDined on 16/7/2011Dover st is looking a bit tired now and I'm afraid the clientele and food is a little the same. Shame as its in prime location and has the potential to be a great night out...although never cheap!
- Dover Street Restaurant &DjangoDined on 19/5/2011Dover Street Restaurant & Bar Is an excellant place to eat and be entertain. Enjoyed a birthday dinner and looking forward to finding another excuse to go again :-)
- Dover Street Restaurant &DjangoDined on 14/5/2011Dover Street Restaurant & Bar Is an excellant place to eat and be entertain. Enjoyed a birthday dinner and looking forward to finding another excuse to go again :-)
- Excellent venue, expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2011Excellent venue, expensive food for what it was, but live band made up for it. Would go again.
- The Dover Street restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/4/2011The Dover Street restaurant was not bad. Good food - although about 50% over-prived (i.e. £17-20 for a main, when should have been £10-12). The service was just about passable. However, you go there to listen to music, and this place is MUCH better than most restaurants which serve food and have live music. The band was excellent, the acoustics were great, and for that reason I would certainly consider returning, and paying a little more for the food than I would normally.
- Band were great, food wasJulesDined on 1/4/2011Band were great, food was lovely, if a little pricey. Ensure you check your bill as we were charged for an extra bottle of wine we didn't have!
- Dover Street Wine Bar andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 23/3/2011Dover Street Wine Bar and Grill. What a super evening. Great service Great Food and the disco was varied and entertaining, The live band was slightly out of date though . Maybe next btime we go we will have more current live entertainment but on the whole it was a great evening.