14 Blenheim Crescent
London, W11 1NNNeighbourhood:
AsianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rickerrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 02072295454x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00PM - 3:00PM;
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 6:00PM - 11:00PM,
Saturday: 12:00PM - 11:00PM,
Sunday: 12:30PM - 10:30PM;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Simon Treadway
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from e&o
e&o in Notting Hill is still one of the benchmarks for the new wave of Pan-Asian restaurants in London. Opened in 2001, e&o still enjoys a healthy reputation for serving excellent cocktails and exciting, eclectic Asian food in an incredible atmosphere, everyday of the week.Continued
Drop in for fabulous dim sum and cocktails in the bar or book ahead to enjoy the unique experience and vibrant atmosphere of the e&o dining room.
Drop in for fabulous dim sum and cocktails in the bar or book ahead to enjoy the unique experience and vibrant atmosphere of the e&o dining room.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
e&o reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since 20 October 2013
fit for foodies (51)special occasions (45)romance (29)business meals (24)group bookings (17)good vegetarian options (13)sunday lunch (10)outdoor eating (10)outstanding value (8)brunch (7)child friendly (6)pre/post theatre (4)disabled access (4)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- Very good over allMiraVIPDined on 18/10/2014Very good food, very good drinks, very nice staff. Not the cheapest place, but worth it. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Fantastic Asian foodManoelaDined on 12/10/2014We were 2 and shared 4 starters and 2 main courses and everything was delicious from start to end. Would definitely recommend for a high quality Asian meal with no pretension. Good friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereMargaretDined on 4/10/2014Loved my birthday dinner at E&O. The food and atmosphere are always great. I only wish we could have had our table for more than 2 hours as didn't get a chance to order a dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opentable lunch dealJLeeVIPDined on 30/9/2014Had the £20 for 3 courses plus wine deal from Opentable, which is very good value, and the food is nicely presented. Also, it was good to be able to lunch alfresco as the weather was mild.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food never a disappointmentTheLifestyler66Dined on 19/9/2014A great outside table, for people watching, with absolutely amazing food. Every time I dine here I can't believe that I don't come more often as the food is outstanding.Special Features:
- anoushkaDined on 16/9/2014excellent & charming service but the food was slightly overcooked and-d over spiced with tones of curry powder.... portions for the caramelised pork is ridiculously small for a main... We have known E&O in Kings road for years and the quality of the cooking has been going down I am afraid... And a little bit of variation on the menu would not hurt.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place Pity about remindersteritaDined on 5/9/2014I love E&O the food is great and the bar is fantastic.. plus they do great cocktails... However, it is awfully boring to be reminded that your booking is only until 9pm (when you book for 7pm) We are aware of it... there's no need to be reminded 4x times in a row... which is what happened on the last two occasions I have been there
- Dlicious foodBASUMDined on 30/8/2014I liked it here. There were not any halal options on the menu so went for the fish which I dont usually go fo- Crispy Sea Bass was so flavoursome and tasty... in fact most things were nice. Desserts were a disappointment though.Special Features:
- Delicious!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 21/8/2014Wonderful food, everything that we tasted was really good. Nice waiter and good and calm environment. Would recommend to ask for a candle on the table. We did and we got one. Made it a bit cosier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!KerryEm12Dined on 17/8/2014Great dim sum!Tuna sashimi was melt in the mouth, spatchcock chicken was moist & very tasty Overall great lunch in a relaxed environment - highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWFUL SERVICEIsabDined on 15/8/2014The service was awful !!! I live in the area and come to the restaurant regularly. However, the last experience was terrible : 30 min after being seated, the waitress told us , that we needed to leave in half and hour as the table was booked. We disagree, it was a mistake from her. She came back and say , you can stay an other 1hour and half . Then we asked 3 times for a bottle a wine and it took 1 hour for her to bring it to the table. And at the end, she said :" Do you really want a bottle , now you have to leave in 30 min as the table is booked after you." Oh My god, is that a joke... And then they expect that you leave a tip!
- Friendly staff, great foodclonk0506Dined on 14/8/2014I'm always happy when a restaurant in London accepts reservations for 2 and with the reviews of this place being so strong it made sense to meet a friend here for dinner. We had delicious cocktails and a big selection of dim sum and chatted away happily. Our waitress was excellent fun and really looked after us and there were plenty of other staff around bringing out the various plates of food food fresh from the kitchen. I will definitely come here again.Special Features:
- YMGSDined on 3/8/2014Since years stable high quality for reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just perfectly rightCapanescuDined on 6/7/2014Anyone who knows how to do a perfect ceviche is alright in my book. But the amazing dim sum, the caramelised pork or even the jasmine rice I didn't know it can taste that good, and everything garnished with an impeccable service made our evening nothing short than amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip and TasteygingerlovelyVIPDined on 4/7/2014I have been to Eight Over Eight but this was my first time at E&O. It's pretty much a carbon copy except for the name. We went on a Friday night as 3 couples. The music was pumping, the cocktail shakers flying and the crowd generally very easy on the eye. Nonetheless this did not detract from the food, which was very good with a solid delivery by our waitress. At £50 a head, including 2 bottles of wine, we were also presently surprised by the value.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as everiangowestDined on 30/6/2014Great Japanese food - sitting outside in Nottingham hill - sunny day - very unique and a great experienceSpecial Features:
- Eat the tuna and drink the koi koiDubnunnanDined on 20/6/2014We had dinner and drinks at e&o and we loved it. The service was great and the food eaven better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighbourhood RegularteritaDined on 14/6/2014I always go to E&O as a regular option. The food is delicious, the drinks areSpecial Features:
- OverratedAsitisDined on 13/6/2014Used to be known for freshest cocktails and good food but past it's best. White wine not served chilled, food was cold and not great. Most probably there to be seen and see rather than for good food and drinks...
- HappyDinerHappyDinerVIPDined on 3/6/2014Pleased with the service on this and last two occasions booked by a friend - had been pretty patchy. Food very good apart from the beef which was chewy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendednicholas1VIPDined on 25/5/2014The pluses: Great bar with cocktails and music, great food, friendly service. The minuses: portions are a bit small, quite priceyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy, good, excellent ambiancesantosDined on 9/5/2014Food is always good at E&O, ambiance is electric, and service is amazing. Excellent both for a classy dinner with friends or for a special occasion. Not cheap, but worth every penny.Special Features:
- IlovegoingoutDined on 3/5/2014Excellent buzzy restaurant, we had a great evening. Not cheap but you're paying for where you are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodBfastVIPDined on 8/4/2014This restaurant always seems to live up to expectationsSpecial Features:
- Excellent dinner venueBfastVIPDined on 31/3/2014Delicious food, real buzz and even several years after opening not always easy to get a table . Would recommendSpecial Features:
- great place, great foodGood4friendsDined on 25/3/2014Great place, great food, service was ok - it was very busy so struggled a bit to get our waiters attention but overall a good experience.Special Features:
- Great food but...StuartDined on 15/3/2014Outstanding food (the duck gyozas were fantastic!), however a couple of things to be prepared for: 1) We went on a Saturday night and were seated close to the bar area. The music was rather loud and at times we found it difficult to hear each other 2) A little overpriced - we spend £90 between 2 (including drinks but without wine). I still felt a little hungry afterwards as the portions are small 3) Service was adequate but we were left waiting quite a long time on a couple of occasions, which was strange given that the restaurant was only half full. All in all an average experience, but I doubt I'd go back!Special Features:
- Amazing food! This is thePumpkinDined on 15/3/2014Amazing food! This is the second time I have been here and I have been left speechless by the quality of the food. Definitely worth a visit.Special Features:
- DisasterMickeyDined on 1/3/2014I have eaten in this restaurant many times, but not for about a year. The meal was a disaster, the food was either burnt or over cooked. If we had our way we would have sent back all of our food, it was embarrassing enough that we sent back 2 dishes. We will never go back.
- Amazing food/ venue/ serviceilovemaguireVIPDined on 28/2/2014Really great place with an incredibly interesting asian-fusion menu and cocktails. As expected, it comes at a cost. Good for special occasions.Special Features:
- Restaurant etiquettemiemmilanDined on 15/2/2014Going to any restaurant should not only be about food- but service, ambience and value for money. During my recent visit with my girlfriend on saturday 15th february 2013.First of all it seemed that only the preferred customers/ clientele were given the opportunity to give their coats and jackets in the wardrobe-not a good start. Most surprising of all service was slow and inattentive- Not once were we ever asked about if we liked the food- waiting for the dessert menu and actually ordering took over 15 minutes - so we passed on this. Even if the main meal was good- the service and ambience were very poor. I won't be attending again as there are many other places worthy of my money.
- Blah, Don't BotherTravelGirlDined on 7/2/2014We dined at E&O on Feb. 2nd. Our bill exceeding $461 pounds, and nothing about the meal was memorable.Special Features:
- Amazing food, service less soLondonExplorerDined on 31/1/2014The food was perfect and that is the main and only reason I go there. Ambience is cosy, but nothing really special. Service is there and they are quick but we felt that the service was very mechanic: we where all the time directed towards the pricier options (e.g. the waiter had only tried the expensive wine); we had to leave exactly 2h after the booking time and they where already dishing up for the next batch as we where getting ready. In other words, no personal touch. You eat, you pay and you go. By the way, the cheapest bottle of red wine was really good and fit really well with the food. =PSpecial Features:
- Meat MarketJoeyfDined on 17/1/2014I forgot how different this place is on a Friday night. Great for people who are moving to the bar after but it all just feels too loud and too seedy. The food was mostly excellent tho the Singapore noodles had an overpowering smokey flavour and the Asian slaw lacked delicacy. We'll stick to lunch times...
- always very goodfoodie3Dined on 11/1/2014We have eaten at E&O many times over the last 7 years or so and have never been disappointed. The food and drinks are very good and the staff is very friendly. We also had meals with friends and their children and E&O has always been accommodative and child friendly. After dinner the busy (but not too busy) bar is great too.Special Features:
- Meal is okayLocalNottinghillVIPDined on 9/1/2014Would be good to see more imaginative veggie options But service is always good and cocktails were good too. Worth a visit.
- Great food for a special occasiongabsNHVIPDined on 30/12/2013It is a great place. Was a touch disappointed with slow service at the start (nobody bringing menus/taking drinks orders for a while after being seated) but the great food makes up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fusion menu. We seemPeteVIPDined on 9/12/2013Great fusion menu. We seem to have caught the chef with too much salt on his hands.Special Features:
- Top notch Asian fusion eateryGastronoughtVIPDined on 7/12/2013Hadn't been to E&O for aeons so was delighted to have the opportunity to return at the weekend with some neophytes. We were not disappointed. Our strategy of focusing on shared plates (or starters as they were called when I were a young lad) was also a success. Standout dishes were the black & prawn cod shu mai, the crispy pork belly and the spicy tuna roll. We were quite restrained on the wine front although, like many places these days, there wasn't much to choose from below the £30 mark. Glad to see that the ambiance has not diminished over the years - the place still has a fun vibe (but manages to resist the temptation of turning the music up too loud so that diners have to shout to make themselves heard). A reliable Notting Hill stapleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honest feedbackPhilani33Dined on 5/12/2013The restaurant has very good ambiance and I consider it to be a rather expensive restaurant where one expects the relevant service and quality of food. The later was very good, the former needs some more work. In more detail, the kitchen burned the food of one of our guests so we had to wait to be re cooked. Although the waiter-maitre was polite and even "funny" about it, in such occassions and in such restaurants, it should be expected that they offer the customers a further complimentary staster or wine to compensate for their mistake and the additional waiting of the customer.Special Features: