Eastway at Andaz hotel
40 Liverpool Street
London, EC2M 7QNNeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £25 and under
Eastway at Andaz hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.andazdining.com/
- Phone: 020 7618 7400
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday 6:30AM-11:30AM, Saturday - Sunday 7:30AM - 12:00PM
Brunch: Saturday 10.00AM-4:00PM,Sunday 10:00AM - 4:00PM;
Lunch: Monday - Friday 12:00PM-4:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00PM-11:00PM,Sunday 5:00PM-23:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European
- Executive Chef: Michael Kreiling
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Up to 35 covers allowed in the restaurant
- Private Party Contact: Catherine Head 02076185618x
A word from Eastway at Andaz hotel
"East village meets East London...Eastway gets a New York style make over. Sleek Décor , warm yet vibrant ambience,Quality, seasonal, homemade food. Meats from the grill will be our signature.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBrunch
Eastway at Andaz hotel - Best restaurants in Liverpool Street ›
Eastway at Andaz hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since 23 November 2013
business meals (66)brunch (52)outstanding value (12)special occasions (12)group bookings (10)sunday lunch (8)afternoon tea (8)fit for foodies (8)romance (8)pre/post theatre (8)child friendly (6)good vegetarian options (5)Show More
- Good mealAThatchRegularDined on 2/11/2014To be fair Sunday evening opening is pretty limited and this is a good choice, although quiet so limited ambience. However, service is good and they are always focused on pleasing the customer. I asked for fish and chips unbattered and they have accommodated this twice now, so well done as many restaurants would refuse (don't know why?).Special Features:
- OK - not amazingLaurenDined on 26/10/2014Visited here for brunch, nice extra was the complimentary pastries etc, food was ok and service was ok, this place looks like it could have potential.Special Features:
- great spotroseygart53Dined on 25/10/2014Ideal situation for a catch up or business meal - lovely atmosphere, very welcoming and not too stuffy - food pretty good - a bit light on portions for big guys! Great service and helpful staff. Wine pretty marked up. Felt a bit peeved charity donation was added without consultation - only a pound but raised an objection and got it withdrawn. I regularly donate to the said cause and many others but do not wanted slapped on my bill. All in all and great meeting place with good food - will be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be better...sallykathVIPDined on 23/10/2014I usually go to Eastway at Andaz Hotel for breakfast and have never been disappointed so thought I'd book it for a business lunch. As usual the food was really good but the service left a lot to be desired (particularly given that the restaurant wasn't full). We waited ages for our order to be taken, and again when wanting to pay the bill. That said, once the food had arrived, the staff did check in a couple of times to see if everything was ok. Overall, it's not a bad spot to go but based on this experience, the lunch service lacked the slickness of the breakfast shift.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzywongDined on 17/10/2014The service was very slow, items were forgotten and the food was not great.Special Features:
- Brunch At The AndazMarkDined on 4/10/2014Staff were very friendly & welcoming. We were sat next to a window within view of the kitchen, which meant we were able to watch our meals being prepared by the chefs – I always like this in a restaurant as they are obviously not worried about having to hide anything. My partner had the Eggs Sanchez & I had the Eggs on Brick Lane; both of which were thoroughly enjoyed. We then took advantage of the ‘complimentary’ breads (the sour dough loaf was especially flavoursome) & danish’s which are available if you order from the brunch menu. Overall a lovely experience and one which we will revisit again in the futureSpecial Features:
- Come for BreakfastkatelondonVIPDined on 12/9/2014Not much character or ambiance but a very convenient location and good food and service compensate...Special Features:
- Business meetJamesDined on 2/9/2014Excellent meeting location with good food/service and atmosphere wit no rush.Special Features:
- BreakfastgrouchoDined on 20/8/2014Breakfast was well presented but parts of it was cold, so it took the shine off it really It's a shame because everything else was goodSpecial Features:
- romanticnightsDined on 8/8/2014We chose this resturant for its central location and steak menu and was not diapointed very good food served up good sevice and a fine wine selection a good night all round thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good work breakfastcs295Dined on 8/8/2014Service was attentive and food was quite good with the exception of poached eggs... Which were a disappointment. Good nice breakfast options and no unnecessary delays so good for a breakfast meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but too noisy!FindingMyWayInShoreditchDined on 7/8/2014I booked this restaurant to catch up with a couple of friends. Although the service and food were great, we could barely hear ourselves talk (despite shouting) so I don't think I will come again.
- Against trade discriotionsatom123Dined on 7/8/2014Described as 'A New York style brasserie in the heart of London’s business district" could not be further from reality. Has anyone responsible for this restaurant ever been to New York? It was embarasssing, I took an important client for lunch promising them a taste of New York. They dont even stock American beer, you have to ask for water, the burgers are small, I could go on. Three bottled beers 2 burgers and fries was £56, shocking. I cant see it lasting. I certainly wont be returning and shall discourage colleagues visiting. Its a shame as it has such potential
- Great value, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/7/2014We had 2 course for £17 so great value. Food was good, especially the dessert! Lovely for a chat with friends, very calm atmosphere. The waitress could have been slightly happier but apart from that I'd definitely recommend!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/7/2014I had spent an evening at this restaurant and had the sea bass with chunky chips. The sea bass tasted nice although I didn't think there was enough to justify the price (£15) and the chunky chips were lumpy and dry. Overall I felt the food was mediocre and not great value for money.
- Great for business breakfastNadiadewDined on 16/7/2014The service is very good and the coffee is excellent. This would make a good central venue to have a business meeting breakfast. It gets quite busy so can be a touch noisey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy for business meetingsvpk18Dined on 10/7/2014Very convenient location for business meetings. Good food and service.Special Features:
- Convenient restaurant for LStreetKateCJDined on 8/7/2014Delicious supper and wonderful service BUT when I arrived it didn't look good: the person at the desk had no record of my booking and I had to show her my email confirmation to substantiate my claim that I'd booked. It wouldn't have mattered since it was early and they had plenty of space but mildly annoying nevertheless. The room is vast and I think needs dividing up into cubicles for four or six - something to create intimacy. Right now there is none. We had a great waitress, very smiley and friendly. The food was excellent but the '£17 for two courses deal' keeps the choices limited. Great wine recommendation from the waitress. The restaurant is perfect if you need to catch a train from Liverpool Street afterwards!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyGpGpDined on 5/7/2014Brunch was delicious, slightly pricey but definitely worth it. The fennel juice and asparagus are a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good if you like buzzy placesColinVIPDined on 2/7/2014We ate here as part of the City of London festival. The venue was fairly noisy due to the jazz band playing but this was exacerbated by the 'hard' interior creating a bit too much noise given that it's still a dining area. The food itself was OK. Smallish portions and moderately tasty but nothing more. The special cocktails were good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet restaurant in the busy cityMiraVIPDined on 27/6/2014Everywhere else in Liverpool street is always packed and busy. The restaurant is only 5 minutes away from the station with a relax atmosphere. As a hotel restaurant which offers a deal at £17 for two courses, what else can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a bite in the CitysallykathVIPDined on 26/6/2014We visited Eastway at the Andaz Hotel for a business breakfast and it was a very good choice. It's a busy joint with that City brasserie feel about it. The tables were all full which is a sign of a decent place but it wasn't too noisy and we could easily hear each other on the table. The tables are also far enough apart to have a private conversation and not feel like you are eating with the people on the next table - something that happens all too often in London! I would recommend it for breakfast, brunch or lunch. I have never been for an evening dinner but the ambience is very much a day time venue for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Handy spotMaxDDined on 25/6/2014Given the limited time available, I was looking for somewhere quick and casual for a client lunch, ideally close to Liverpool Street Station. The location was spot on. The table was small for four people but we coped. Service was on the slow side, which was disappointing. However, the food was fine, good value for a city location. I had two good dishes from the set menu for just £17. The restaurant was not particularly busy but it was buzzy and noisy - don't go there for a quiet meal. Would use again under the right circumstances.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business BreakfastDanny49Dined on 23/6/2014This was a great place to meet for breakfast meeting. Good service and tables not too close so you can discuss confidential matters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a la carte fine, set menu OKLRonTTVIPDined on 18/6/2014we booked a TT deal at Eastway but in the end chose that one of us had the set menu and the other chose from the main menu. My friend had the set menu - the shrimp starter was good, but the beef stroganoff main was presented little better than a school dinner. It was tender enough but the rice was pretty ordinary and the portion not generous. I had a smoked salmon tartare from the a la carte starters which was very good indeed, and a burger for main which was cooked just as I asked. I would have given food more stars if it had been good across the board but there is no excuse making set menu food of a lower calibre. It's only a deal if it's just as good.Special Features:
- Weekday lunchAnonymousVIPDined on 16/6/2014I had lunch with a business colleague on a Monday. Restaurant was nearly full but didn't feel overcrowded. Nice decor and ambience. Good welcome and attended to promptly. We had a choice of a la carte or set menu. We both had the pork belly as a starter which was delicious. I had the salmon fish cakes which was served with a side salad and my friend had the lamb which she said was delicious and tender. Overall bill was just under £50. My only gripe (not just with Eastway but most restaurants now) is the 12.5% service charge which is automatically added to the bill. The service charge should be left to me to decide.Special Features:
- Fantastic service and great foodChrisSarahDined on 14/6/2014We started my wifes 40th Birthday celebrations with brunch at Eastway as we were staying in the Andaz next door (great hotel). From the moment we arrived we received exceptionally good service from our waiter who wished mt wife a happy birthday along with a complimentary glass of champagne which was a very unexpected but delightful touch. Service was perfect througout and the food, juices and coffee were all very good indeed. We were both stuffed to the brim when the manager and staff brought out a birthday platter (cakes, chocolates and birthday message) and sang happy birthday which again was very impressive. Overall a great experience and we will definately be returning on our next visit to London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good location, food & qualitySandraBexleyheathDined on 12/6/2014We all had the tuna tartare with avocado to start... Really tasty. The ambience was nice, the staff friendly and helpful. Good value with a Tastecard, 2 for 1 deal. Well located in Liverpool Street Station/part of the Hotel.Special Features:
- CuddlesDined on 30/5/2014Good food, good service, good location what more do you need?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free & ServiceGlutenFreeDinerDined on 27/5/2014The restaurant had great service, I even got a refill of my tap water (hard to find in Europe)! I came with a group of five and we all had great meals. Overall a little pricey. I wish they accepted more people on the Taste Card. They served us gluten free bread to go with our hummus! It was delicious and much appreciated after a busy holiday.Special Features:
- Another good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 23/5/20142nd visit in 2 days, this time for a casual lunch with a colleague. The £20 menu offered exceptional value & was delightful. My colleague from Hong Kong had a fish dish & pronounced it delicious. Service was suitably attentive - pricing sensible - will go back as soon as the opportunity presents itself.Special Features:
- Late night diningMichaelJacksonDined on 15/5/2014We were pleseantly surprised to be able to book a table for 4 at 10:30PM on a Thursday. The place was almost empty as it was nearing closing time but they welcomed us in. My friends had burger options but I went for the T-bone steak with chips. I can tell you it was absolutely great. I would go again just to order the same again. Staff were friendly and attentative, even at that stage in the night. A very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing service, good foodjeastwooDined on 14/5/2014We arrived at Eastway for a last minute meal, with the top table offer the value was ok but portion sizes were small. The service was pretty poor, charged us for things which we didn't order, as well as was very slow.
- "Could do better" - nothing specialNorthBankVIPDined on 13/5/2014I went to Eastway Andaz to host a client for drinks and was disappointed. Whilst nothing was actually wrong with the place it was just so average. Think very very beige! There was a limited of choice on the wine menu. The ambiance was one of a cheap Mediterranean seaside restaurant - cheap chairs, rickety tables, loud music and slow service. The water and beer was expensive when compared to other more exclusive venues nearby. In summary I would only go back if someone else invited me and I didn't have time to advise otherwise. There are far more interesting venues nearby for instance the Eastway's sister venue directly next door at 1901... The Eastway report would read "tried hard, could do a lot better"
- JosephineDined on 10/5/2014I absolutely enjoyed my birthday dinner at Eastway. Great food, friendly staff, nice atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceNorthStarDined on 7/5/2014I took a friend here for lunch as it was close by. The service was very good. Just the right amount of attention and the waiter was a very smiley chap with excellent customer services. No complaints about the food. We didn't go for the set menu as there wasn't anything that took our fancy. It wasn't over complicated and the flavours went together well. We didn't order alcoholic drinks so I cant commend on how expensive they were. I'd come back again and would recommend it.Special Features:
- Always reliableShellDined on 6/5/2014Eastway at Andaz Hotel is always a reliable place to meet friends for a weekday lunch. Service is always quick and efficient and the food tastes great and is reasonably priced. The bread bought at the start is also delicious. I would definitely recommend.
- Meeting an good friendTeeMuDined on 30/4/2014I want6ed to have dinner with a good friend so we could talk and the Eastway provided a perfect setting. The service was attentive and accommodating, the ambience warm but not so noisey that you couldn't talk, and the food very good. Wine a bit pricey I thought, but that was the only negative. I would certainly return.Special Features:
- Very good as usualSusieVIPDined on 22/4/2014I regularly book breakfast and lunch meetings at Eastway and have never had bad feedback from my directors. Food, service, ambience are really good and for the location it is good value, too. Excellent for business meetings and you can also book your preferred table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reunion lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014Had an amazing time at East Way. Good service and we were not rushed from our table once we'd finished eating. Lots of time to chat with friends in a quiet settingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.