148 Holland Park Avenue
London, W11 4UENeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.edera.co.uk/
- Phone: 02072216090
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giancarlo Usai
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
A word from Edera Restaurant
Located in the leafy, affluent neighborhood of Holland Park, Edera is a charming Italian restaurant well known for its warm hospitality and simple approach to Italian food. The restaurant evokes a sense of rustic comfort, with its warm design and earthy details. The atmosphere is relaxed and diners are encouraged to linger over a seasonal menu that features an artful blend of traditional Italian classics as well as signature specialties from Roberto's native Sardinia. Signature Sardinian dishes include Spaghetti with Bottarga, homemade Malloredus Pasta with sausage, tomato and pecorino, Sea Bass baked in salt crust and for dessert the addictive Seadas - little fritters stuffed with sweet ricotta cheese, served warm and drizzled with fragrant honey. For truffle lovers both black and white truffle menus are available seasonally. Roberto's thoughtfully selected wine list features reasonably priced wines from all regions of Italy, including some special selections from Sardegna.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Edera Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since 31 October 2013
fit for foodies (13)business meals (12)special occasions (9)romance (8)sunday lunch (6)outstanding value (4)child friendly (4)pre/post theatre (3)outdoor eating (2)good vegetarian options (2)disabled access (2)brunch (1)group bookings (1)Show More
- Late lunch at 4 pm at Edera.natarhDined on 27/9/2014The restaurant was completely empty. Only the two of us. The food was good. Simple and not too elaborate. We will need to try that place once more in a proper time when we will be able to better judge the service. The ambient being empty did not give us a good opportunity to know how it would be when a good number of guests would be having lunch or diner. We have asked for a very basic, simple lunch. The food was not bad. Just tasting good enough to eat with no complain.Special Features:
- Business lunchAMK53Dined on 22/9/2014Very relaxed and hospitable venue for a recent business lunch. The food was superb and "off-menu" requests accommodated cheerfullySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a good experiencemariobDined on 30/8/2014Been there after a few years since my last visit and we were bitterly disappointed. The food and service are still ok, not great, but the place has lost its buzz. Half empty, people making no effort with any sort of dress code. It just doesn't feel right anymore. The floor is weak and you table vibrates every time a waiter passes by... and the bill is disproportionate to what you get. They also charged us for tap water... is this even legal?
- Excellent food and serviceHPfamilyDined on 21/6/2014Fantastic food with a Sardinian flair. Have eaten here several times and food and service have been top-notch every time. The salt-encrusted sea bass for two is heavenly. Save room for the desserts! Excellent wine list, focusing on Italian regional wines. Knowledgeable, friendly, professional wait staff. Warm atmosphere, always full of locals, but not too noisy for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Excellent neighbourhood ItalianSpringbokDined on 26/5/2014Delicious food from a well constructed menu. Good wine list. And attentive service. Fair value. An excellent family run neighbourhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbAntroDined on 4/5/2014Beautifully crafted and tasty food, excellent wine.Special Features:
- Late Sunday Night MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 13/4/2014I went there on a Sunday night (we sat down around 10pm) and, notwithstanding the late (for London standards) arrival, we were served well.Special Features:
- Authentic neighborhood ItalianfoodvocateDined on 8/3/2014Lovely place, good simple food and wonderful ambience. Don't let the unique location put you off. It's been here for over 10 10 years for good reason!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great local restaurantIsaBDined on 26/2/2014Very nice, classic décor, pleasant atmosphere, truly Italian food with Sardinian influences, the restaurant was full on a Tuesday night buzzing with what looked like a local ad business crowd.Special Features:
- welcome backlovelyDined on 25/1/2014we began dining at edera when living in london in 05'-07'. we enjoyed it then and were happy to see it still thriving upon our return assignment. :-) great food, friendly atmosphere, management is superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely DelicioushmsxDined on 27/11/2013The truffles were out of this world - the food was beautifully presented and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Neighbourhood RestaurantShrimpieDined on 7/11/2013My elderly father and I had dinner at Edera. The food was delicious and they prepared something for my father that he asked for but was not on the menu. The staff were outstanding: the service they provided was excellent and they were all very kind, helping my father up and down the few steps and being constantly attentive to his needs. We were very very impressed and pleased with them. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Edera and would return. Mary BrooksI would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 74 reviews are from the Edera Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great food BUTeatingoutDined on 14/9/2013Though the food was really good, the extremely fast drumbeat of the kitchen makes it impossible to truly enjoy an evening dinner at this restaurant. It took no more than 5 minutes for the starters to arrive from the moment the order was taken, which can be a good thing if you are out for a quick business lunch but certainly not if you are trying to have a relaxed dinner conversation with your partner or friends. The main course took only 9 minutes to arrive after we finished the starters. The staff - although very friendly throughout - standing near the table watching us closely as we eat also gave the impression that they want their table back as soon as possible. Overall not a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- excellent restaurantmotownVIPDined on 24/8/2013Always have a good meal there, the food is good and the staff are very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian in Holland ParkTravelmanDined on 16/7/2013We were staying at the Hilton Holland Park and this restaurant is a short walk. It appears to be a neighbourhood italian, but the quality of food and service challenges any Mayfair equivalent. We had some meat and some fish and all four agreed it was some of the best restaurant food we had been served. The service is quiet and professional, each dish was always served to the person who ordered it, without the need to check. This is quite an expensive restaurant, but well worth it. The food appears to have a slight leaning to Sardinia, and all the better for that. The quality of ingredients was outstanding, a real find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friends at the EderamarlinDined on 18/6/2013We chose the Edera Restaurant as it had been recommended by a friend and was in a good position to meet from opposite sides of London. The menu offered many Italian dishes and our party of 5 all found something to suit them. It is not a large restaurant and a little lacking in atmosphere but the food is very good. At about £40 a head for food and wine it was not cheap but well cooked. We felt that the set menu should offer all dishes to include vegetables. It makes a nonsense of the description if it is necessary to order and be charged for separate vegetables with some of the dishes. You might as well include these in the a la carte section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placeAmaiaVIPDined on 24/5/2013Been several times, I love the food and wine. Pasta is great and so is the tiramisu. Could do with a few more starters, but I am always happy with the meal I order: tuna carpaccio + lobster pasta.Special Features:
- food is always well preparedtruffleloverDined on 5/5/2013food is always well prepared and good wine list/service is great without being obtrusive/ great hostSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The italian wine list is longConKDined on 15/4/2013The italian wine list is long and good, but expensive. This is very much a local restaurant rather than a destination. The food is acceptable rather than a gastronomic experience. The service is attentive - during our visit one of the waitresses chased another customer 400 yards or more along the road to return a cardigan that the customer had left behind - at a pace that would put me to shame.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local ItalianGeorginaVIPDined on 9/2/2013Recently moved to the area and this restaurant is just around the corner. Staff were friendly and attentive, tables are well set out and seem to feel quite 'private'. Food was delicious, a good selection to choose from, though not too many choices it is too hard to decide. The truffle menu was outstanding, starters were really tasty - in particular the burrata and the beef carpaccio with truffles, and mains were very good. Will most definitely be visiting this restaurant on a regular basis if the first dinner was anything to go by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sardinian Cuisine at EderastevefeigenDined on 8/1/2013Edera is on Holland Park Avenue and its is obviously popular with the locals. We went on a Tuesday and it was almost full. I went partly because I had heard they made fantastic Melanzana and they do, but they have an interesting menu, my Goat stew main was great, and the wine list is particularly strong, with pages of interesting Italian wines as well as the best list of Sardinian wines I have seen. They recommended a Carignano blend which was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to this ItalianwenjDined on 4/12/2012We have been to this Italian restaurant several times. The atmosphere is nice and choice of Italian food very good.The food is usually good, on this occasion the calves liver was sinewy and chewy and so they took it off the bill. We will go again.Special Features:
- High quality neighbourhood placeEdwinaDined on 29/11/2012Lucky to have Edera as our local restaurant. Always friendly, reliable food and reasonable prices. Somewhere for special occasions as well as a quiet family evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 20/11/2012We booked our table having found on the internet the restaurant was the nearest one for dinner after a book launch at Daunt's bookshop. Lucky choice as the Sicilian food was delicious: inventive, satisfying and beautifully served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good looks, expensive, poor foodStoneoysterDined on 18/11/2012Had heard great things about this place so we booked a table for Sunday evening. We were greeted by a friendly manager, had a nice seat but then sadly the rest of the evening was a big disappointment. The food was your run-of-the-mill, standard Italian selection of dishes with nothing special to add. The tuna carpaccio with olive oil was watery and the lobster pasta tasted more of fish than lobster. The bread was good though...2 starters, 2 mains and 1/2 a bottle of white wine later = 100 pounds... Nope sorry guys, this was not worth it!Special Features:
- Nice mealmotownVIPDined on 17/11/2012The food and service were excellent. I would definitely go back.
- Good, not as great as expecteddinerDined on 2/10/2012Great aspects, but fell short of expectations based on previous reviews. Fried calamari & whitebate were room temperature, rubbery & a bit soggy. The burrata, with a cherry tomato salad with avocado & flatbread was good. The tomatoes ripe but the burrata was too cold. Mains were very good - tagliolini with black truffles, which was delicious and just the right amount & papparadelle with wild board ragout. The Sardinian wine was interesting & very good. The service was very good & our glasses were kept topped up. The ambience could have been a bit better for a romantic dinner, so would be better suited for a nice catch up meal with friends or family. Quality, authentic Italian food and I would go back, but would try different starters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighbourhood ItalianPaulVIPDined on 21/6/2012Always excellent food, unusual Italian (Sardinian) wines and special dishes and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food is really delicious,angeloDined on 12/4/2012food is really delicious, maybe one of the best italian restaurant in London!!Special Features:
- Homely place just around theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 16/3/2012Homely place just around the corner with simple food fit for foodiesSpecial Features:
- A good meal - good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/2/2012A good meal - good service and just a very pleasant place to be - and good to find somewhere that knows how to cook vegetablesSpecial Features:
- Delicious food and a lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 19/12/2011Delicious food and a lovely setting. A very reliable, high quality option.
- Edera is a lovely find inOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/11/2011Edera is a lovely find in holland park. A classic italian with good food and wine and charming service. Atmosphere that works for families, couples and friends.
- I was looking to avoid theZusterDined on 4/11/2011I was looking to avoid the big hitter restaurants of the West End, Mayfair and Knighsbridge and Edera fit the bill perfectly. The service was excellent, food was consistent and the atmosphere relaxing with a neighbourhood feel. Will visit again.Special Features:
- This was return visit andLikesagoodmealDined on 1/11/2011This was return visit and we were not disappointed. Despite being very busy on Tuesday evening (a good sign!) the service was excellent with attentive staff topping up our glasses regularly. Would definitely recommend and will return again!
- Edera in Holland Park is anBrettSinclair1Dined on 8/10/2011Edera in Holland Park is an up-market Sardinian restaurant where the emphasis is on fine quality, fresh authentic dishes. There's a warm welcome and service is very good, though the staff don't always seem as on-the-ball as you would expect in such a restaraunt. The foood is excellent and beautifully prepared - The lobster linguine was divine and the swordfish steaks (on a bed of slightly burnt aubergine) cooked to perfection...Overall - expensive but highly recommended. The wine was good too!
- Neighborhood Fave!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 27/8/2011Edera is a neighborhood favorite! The truffle menu is delicious. Friendly staff and solid menu.Special Features:
- We dined at Edera in Hollandk1234Dined on 13/8/2011We dined at Edera in Holland Park Avenue prior to a visit to Holland Park Opera. I'd happily recommend this place. Seems like authentic Sardinian cuisine, v tastey. Excellent wine list. Friendly, prompt service.
- Friendly welcome and attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 28/7/2011Friendly welcome and attentive service made us feel at home. Whilst the menu didn't exactly enthrall the food produced was to a good standard if pricey for what it was.
- Very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 23/7/2011We were a party of 5. All was fun food was very good. Service was good. We had to ask for coffee 2x and something else 2x. I would Highly recommend this place!Special Features: