Eight Over Eight
392 Kings Road
London, SW3 5UZNeighbourhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: £26 to £40
Eight Over Eight
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rickerrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 02073499934
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12pm - 3pm; Saturday: 12pm - 4pm; Sunday: 12:30pm - 4pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6pm - 11pm; Sunday: 6pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Thai, Pan-Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Eight Over Eight can do events or small intimate gatherings.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room seats 12 people. Set menus available at £35 or £45
- Private Party Contact: Lorraine or Sam 0207-349-9934
A word from Eight Over Eight
Following its sibling E&O, Eight Over Eight brings high quality, inventive Pan Asian food to Chelsea. Set in chic, comfortable surroundings, the restaurant and bar provide fabulous cocktails, friendly and knowledgeable service and an eclectic wine list. Eight Over Eight provides a complete dining experience in a vibrant environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Eight Over Eight reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since 25 October 2013
special occasions (59)fit for foodies (57)romance (44)business meals (40)good vegetarian options (34)group bookings (23)brunch (16)sunday lunch (15)pre/post theatre (14)outstanding value (13)child friendly (10)disabled access (8)outdoor eating (2)Show More
- Decent food but way overpricedcharlieDined on 6/10/2014Food is ok but not worth the money for the and the ambience
- Nothing specialMysteryGourmetDined on 4/10/2014The black cod was a wonderful dish. American diner style booths were quite comfortable. High ceilings with mirrored walls made the room look spacious. Other than these, I can't find a single praise for this over-priced, pretentious restaurant.
- I lot of funSibaritaDined on 26/9/2014Fun, Fun, Fun!!! The bar is amaizing full of beautiful people, Decor and food really, really good. Expensive but worth it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Local restaurantafoodieDined on 21/9/2014The food was good as was the service and we were surprised to find that a 40% discount had been applied to the food portion of the bill which made the bill very reasonable indeed. Not sure why this happened…perhaps it was something to do with it being a Sunday night.
- Great food as alwaysNickDined on 20/9/2014Great quality and interesting food (always consistant), really well informed waiters and spot on service. Tables are a bit on the small side for 4 persons and too close together, however a good relaxed ambiance overall with happy clientel. Good value for money.Special Features:
- A tad disappointingDigletDined on 10/9/2014Booked to come far to early (6pm), so the restaraunt and bar was completely empty which is a big shame. As the night started to get on, it filled up and the atmosphere got much better, so if booking look to go later in the evening. The food choice was disappointing and quite limiting and the menu itself seemed quite cheap (printed off and folded in half) which leaves a poor impression. The food when it came out it was nice, but would have loved for some more choice around the Sushi and Sashimi options. The staff were friendly and welcoming so could not fault there. I am sure you could have a enjoyable time here but it just fell short for us :(
- Recommended - Great Food!DAL2675VIPDined on 8/9/2014Went to Eight Over Eight for the first time with family and friends, and the food, atmosphere and service are great - really good place to try all different kinds of food, and great for sharing!Special Features:
- Always good..CharlieBDined on 30/8/2014Always a good night at 8 over 8 - great service, lovely ambience and fantastic food - they have a winning formula!Special Features:
- Nic1Dined on 30/8/2014Always a lovely and enjoyable dining experience. It's always busy which is a good sign, the food is excellent every visit. The menu offers a lot of variety but I'm guilty of sticking to the food I know I love, not very adventurous, but they never let me down. On our last occasion we went earlier than usual ie 7pm knowing it would be easier to park which is definitely was. The restaurant wasn't full but that quickly changed, giving a vibrant and lively atmosphere. The presence of young children there each visit is a bit odd, not wanting to go to a family restaurant with my husband for dinner, that's why we leave our 8 & 6 year old at home! The service is always very fast, be nice to linger a bit more sometimes. Overall highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was really good... service :(claudeDined on 27/8/2014...especially the starters had been AMAZING and very special!!!!! ...but in comparison to the food, the service is really horrible!!! The waiters totally rushed us... pulling the plates away as soon as we had put the last bite in our mouth... also the Cocktails... Aperol Spritz, 12 Pound one glas, had been extremely weak...
- good food, service and atmospheredodge440Dined on 16/8/2014Saturday evening booking, we were seated promptly, not rushed at all, with a knowledgeable waiter. all the food was good, some dishes pretty spicy. It's in a good location, easy to park. we didn't try the bar at the front although that looked OK too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodGlennDined on 16/8/2014Fourth visit to Eight Over Eight and again we had delicious food and friendly service. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and nice foodfrenchDined on 1/8/2014Fun place to go with friends with lively atmoshere and good service. Food was tasty and served quickly.Special Features:
- Consistently goodGourmandeVIPDined on 11/7/2014We have been coming here for years and it is always consistently good. It works particularly well for 4 plus as you can all taste the full range on offer - most items meant for sharing - interesting blend of Asian fusion - the portion sizes are not large and the sauce with the tuna just didn't work. They also watered our malt whisky but quickly rectified. You will need £60 plus per head. Chose a booth as they are more private.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dismal new managementQuincyVIPDined on 6/7/2014The experience can be characterised as follows. The cocktails, starters and waiters are good. The main courses and wine list lack choice and imagination. The new management treat those who book through Opentable as goldfish, i.e. with no memory. Recently, one morning, we booked a table through Opentable for that evening. Within less than 2 hours, we received an unwelcome telephone call from the restaurant purporting to confirm the booking. This was unnecessary and intrusive: those who book through the internet do so precisely to avoid telephone conversations, otherwise why book through the internet? The point was lost to the managers, who could not have been more disparaging or condescending in their attitude. A place to avoid.
- In slow declineLove2eatDined on 18/6/2014Having eaten at 8 over 8 several times over the past couple of years the quality of the food and attention to detail has slowly declined and the menu needs to be updated.Special Features:
- Consistent and best cocktailsluv2dineDined on 13/6/2014This has become one of my favourites, great good, beautiful people and good service. The rose petal martini is my must have and it's consistently delicious. I tried the barbecued sea bass this time which was amazingly soft and tasty, lovely green curry and loved the pad Thai as always. Would be good to see a few more gravy based dishes which aren't curries but overall never disappoints and is a firm favourite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlippingItalianGingerDined on 9/6/2014Once upon a time, the food here was outstanding. Now they are relying on their reputation and the food is very mediocre. The chicken curry tasted as though it was coconut milk with lycee juice thrown in, no curry flavour at all, overly sweet and luke warm when served. The pork belly was tough and dry and everything else was dull and expected without any excitement. Sadly, after all these years, I have no desire to return. I should say the service was efficient and the atmosphere was good. Probably best to stick to cocktails and appetizers at the bar.
- Fashionable Asian MenuMJICDined on 5/6/2014This is a good choice of restaurants for dinner with friends. Helpful service and good food. On the pricey side, but good quality overall. Table for 2 are too close for business or romantic dinners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent pan-AsianILChineseVIPDined on 7/5/2014Good menu, nice food. The level of service may vary. Not a particularly warm / accommodating welcome but attentive table service.Special Features:
- a birthdayFergDined on 30/4/2014eight over eight has regular knowledgable staff and great food at an affordable price in Chelsea.. We had not been for one year but the waitres remembered us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDjdinerVIPDined on 25/4/2014A great Friday night for four. We ordered lots of different small plates which were all excellent especialy the pork belly and the sui mai. Mains were good although i think they should offer a better veg side selection. Coctails went down well and they changed our first (clearly corked) bottle of red with a reasonable amount of grace.
- ServiceFoodieDined on 24/4/2014Having eaten here many times I have to say the last visit was ruined by the service - such a shame as the food is delicious! Miserable girl working in the bar area! A really pleasant meet and greet gentleman but a rather "smart answers" women serving us at the table - bordering rude! Will return as they seem to have a fast turnover of staff - have had more good experiences than bad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great starters and puddingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 17/4/2014We really enjoyed the starters and the pudding but were really disappointed by the Pad thai and Green Curry! Would go back but would avoid main courses!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant set menu at weekday lunchLunchVIPDined on 11/4/2014As for the lunchtime set menu on weekdays. They don't give it to you unless you ask.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing meal with friends..TWFoodieVIPDined on 8/4/2014Went to Eight over Eight through the week with some friends and was really disappointed.. The food here has really slipped and is really over priced for what you are getting. We ordered a number of things off the dim sum menu, all of which were just average.. We also ordered some mains, which also were average. It is just sad as this place used to be amazing but everything seems to have slipped. It is embarrassing when you bring friends to a local place and it disappoints. A real shame..
- Always a winnerNf11Dined on 5/4/2014Haven't been there in 2 years but different menu, still excellent quality of food and friendly and helpful staff. Worth spending that little bit extra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but overpricedchampagneflamingoDined on 26/3/2014If I'm paying over £40 for two courses and wine I really don't expect the classic 'the food comes as it's ready, so it all comes at different times' line; fine for a quick lunch in wagamama's but not really acceptable here in my opinion. The food was really tasty but I just felt that it was not worth the money. Worst of all was the embarrassing level of up selling going on by the waitress, who hung around the table and tried to make us spend more money at every opportunity. Not sure if they work on commission?! To top all that off, she ran over the table as we were working out the bill and kindly reminded us not to include her £13 service charge! I'd go back for the Sunday 40% off offer, but on a normal evening I'd probably give it a miss.
- Consistently great!RichmondDined on 18/3/2014Had lunch here for the first time (usually come for dinner), the service was attentive without being intrusive, food excellent, there is a more limited menu at lunchtime but still has the amazingly fresh and delicious duck and watermelon salad. The room is lovely and light so a great place for lunch as well as dinner.Special Features:
- The food is good in generalLozzaDined on 17/3/2014The food is good in general with only some dishes very good to exceptional. This time the sashimi was the best I've tasted. The cold sake was excellent. We were served by a miserable waitress, who suddenly disappeared leaving us to search for someone else to bring the bill. I have found the service generally good at Eight Over Eight, but at times the waiters/waitresses seem untrained and focused on bringing out food as fast as possible to release the tables giving you a feeling that making dinners happy is not a priority. It is still one of my favourite restaurants because I like ordering lots of different dishes to share. The cold sake was excellent and the chilli salt squid is very tasty.Special Features:
- Just thought it was a bitNickHDined on 15/3/2014Just thought it was a bit load and hectic and for £60+ a head not cheap and really should have linen table clothesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter give too much attention,AmynDined on 10/3/2014Waiter give too much attention, could have give more privatecy to customers.Special Features:
- Cosy placeMandorsVIPDined on 27/2/2014Nice place with good bar for drinks and very good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food & ambienceLoveFoodVIPDined on 24/2/2014I love Eight over Eight and it has stayed on my favourites list for years - it is quite innovative in its menu and consistently delivers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eight Over EightTrish26Dined on 20/2/2014I have been to this restaurant several times and always had good, fresh food. This time, however, our main course of Prawn Phad Thai had to be returned as the noodles were either undercooked or overcooked. The dish was replaced but not much better the second time. Our starters of ribs and calamari were excellent.Special Features:
- It's been a few years sinceKEW1Dined on 8/2/2014It's been a few years since I last visited 8 over 8 and it didn't quite live up to my expectations. Food was generally good, though squid starter very chewy. There was still the same buzz about the place - packed at 7.30 when we arrived and they churn through the tables with their 2 hour max policy. This isn't a place where you can linger at your table. Waiting staff were quite irritating - it felt like they were pushing you to order more or the larger size, bigger glass etc. And when one waitress spilled a glass of red wine over the table she thought it was OK just to cover it up with a table of food. I asked for a new glass as it was dripping with red one, but it was obviously the same glass that came back having had a bit of a wipe.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysKato123Dined on 31/1/2014Love this place, great food, fab drinks & buzzing atmosphere. Perfect place to start our Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally, American style service!RichmondDined on 29/1/2014This is one of our favourite restaurants, the food is excellent and we like the decor after the fire. We usually order the excellent sweet shrimp, duck salad, black cod and the green curry. This time the waitress gave us a very detailed description of some other dishes and we tried a few new dishes as well. The service was outstanding, very friendly and we felt very pampered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantMM24Dined on 3/1/2014Great neighborhood restaurant with a smart, casual style and excellent food and service.Special Features:
- Pleasant evening with friendsNiteout2Dined on 27/12/2013For a great meal in a pleasant environment, this restaurant has both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.