154 High Street
Rochester, ME1 1ERNeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elizabethsrestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 01634843472
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:15pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 6:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Modern European
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Several Special Evenings planned throughout the year. Please check our website.
A word from Elizabeth's Restaurant
At Elizabeth's, the emphasis is on quality and friendly but professional service at all times. Our produce comes from local Kent suppliers, wherever possible. There is an excellent lunch and midweek evening menu with 2 courses on offer from £16. The A La Carte menu is always available. Centrally located in Rochester High Street, near Eastgate House, this is the perfect location for a relaxing meal or a celebration dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Elizabeth's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since 2 June 2014
special occasions (4)business meals (3)fit for foodies (3)romance (2)outstanding value (2)disabled access (1)child friendly (1)group bookings (1)good vegetarian options (1)brunch (1)sunday lunch (1)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- I visited Elizabeth's withTriumphDined on 17/10/2013I visited Elizabeth's with two colleagues for a quite business discussion, it met all of our expectations I can highly recommend the food offering it was of the highest standard.Special Features:
- The following 202 reviews are from the Elizabeth's Restaurant reviews archive.
- ExcellenceSharkeyDined on 17/9/2013The service and food were excellent, very good value for money, I will be back. My wife is ceoliac and all her food has to be Gluten free, Elizabeth's catered for this admirably and always checked with the cheff's to ensure her choice of the wonderful menue was safe for her, my wife had a wonderful 3 course meal without any problems.Special Features:
- we have been to this restaurantbusterDined on 15/9/2013we have been to this restaurant many times, we always go back because of the outstanding service and quality of food. it is also very good value for money. always have a great time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealWindersDined on 13/9/2013The staff were very attentive from the moment we walked in the door to when we left. All 3 courses were excellent. Not too large a portion and very well presented. We ate everything and felt comfortably full. The waiter/waitress constantly replenished our wine glasses throughout the meal. Excellent food, excellent wine, excellent setting and excellent staff. We will definitely be returning to Elizabeth's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 25/8/2013A bad experience all round, service was very slow and the food was only fair. Staff just stood around staring at their customers. There was a very limited al a carte menu on Sunday.Special Features:
- Small but friendly and invitingRackybonDined on 23/8/2013This is the second time we have eaten at Elizabeth's and again, we were not disappointed. We had the three course menu for £23 a head. Starters were delicious and very good sized ( a small main meal!), mains were delicious and beautifully cooked and the puddings were delicious. Alcohol as is always, a little on the steep side, but at £62 for a three course meal with drinks for two, we didn't think it was too bad at all! Would definitely recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Love this place and haveDeanDined on 17/8/2013I Love this place and have eaten there numerous times. The food is wonderful, the service is great. It has a rustic feel to the place with welcoming polite staff. The food isn't cheap, but once you taste the food you'll forget about the cost. I highly recommend Elizabeth's of Eastgate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Dining Experience.CakemakerDined on 26/7/2013I would happily highly recommend Elizabeth's of Eastgate to anyone. The food is superb, the staff charming and attentive and the ambience calm and relaxing with subtle background music. Excellent value and a delight! Yvonne, Sevenoaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding lunch4mostdiningDined on 19/7/2013Comfortable and relaxed dining in Rochester's famous High Street. Superb cuisine with a delightful extra - a small cold soup on a hot day. The olives were succulent, not sharp; the field mushroom abounding with flavour. Just under £10 including a glass of fine wine made the lunch excellent value as well as a delightful experience. Service attentive, not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food, fantastic servicekazvetDined on 9/7/2013Chose this restaurant for a special dinner with two friends. What a wonderful experience! Every dish was outstanding in presentation and a taste sensation. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Restaurant had a relaxed and cosy ambience and all in all, had a fantastic evening. Will definitely be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant Rochester High StLAS1Dined on 9/7/2013This has to be the best restaurant in Rochester High Street, in a short walking distance of the castle and cathedral. Very friendly, warm service. Amazing food, especially the lamb main course. Excellent quality and value for money. Good sized portions. You will be hard pushed to squeeze in a pudding after the starters and main!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in RochesterdelilahcatDined on 5/7/2013Myself and 3 friends visit Rochester every July for a particular event and for the past 3 years we have been to Elizabeth's for dinner. The food is really excellent, with a good choice at each course, and the service is friendly and welcoming. Elizabeth's is the highlight of our trip, every year we wonder if it will be as good, but we are never disappointed. The wine list is superb too. We've tried other restaurants in the area but this is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday TreatMealsoutDined on 12/6/2013We enjoyed a superb family evening meal for my husband's birthday. The service from our three waitresses was excellent from start to finish. The range and quality of food met all our expectations. My request for a birthday cake for my husband was also met and it was a delightful highlight to end the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdaystewbeeDined on 12/6/2013The welcome was warm as we arrived and we were led straight to our seats after our coats were taken. The presaentation of the menu and the offer of a welcome drink was immediate and we wre able to peruse the menu and order in good time. Service was attentive and yet unobtrusive. The food was good with an appropriate vegetarian alternative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Fashion service2sistersDined on 31/5/2013So nice to be greeted at the door with smiles and for your coat to be taken. Menu explained and given advise. A small cup of soup was brought with compliments. Food was well cooked and displayed. Would certainly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but .....MrFarbraceDined on 28/5/2013Service is very good but at times to attentive. My glass was continuously being refilled which is very nice but felt like I was being rushed. The lobster and crab ravioli was amazing and one of the best starters I have ever eaten. Portion sizes were a lot bigger then I had expected, but the amount of chicken liver pâté I had with the beef fillet was nearly nonexistent. The wine selection is very good and staff are very knowledgable. Overall good, would recommend and revisit. Although listening to simply red's greatest hit wasn't a high point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably the best in RochesterFroggoDined on 17/5/2013This restaurant has been under it's present ownership for many years now . Throughout that time it has maintained consistently high standards in food, service and ambience. My most recent visit did nothing to make me change that opinion. One small didappointment involved the wine list, which once contained a number of fine wines at very competitive prices considering their quality - it is now much more standard.Special Features:
- Best value in town!DinoGoodmanDined on 12/5/2013For good food, good atmosphere and great value for money, Elizabeth's of Eastgate cannot be beaten!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceAndreDined on 10/5/2013My husband and I took advantage of the 2 course set menu which was cooked to perfection. The food was safe but thoroughly enjoyable and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Themed Dining ExperienceChippyDined on 3/5/2013Elizabeth's of Eastgate Rochester is a unique themed restaurant which has been in existence for many years. Everthing about it was excellent, from the exposed beams and professional service, such niceties as stuffed olives and complentary soup tasters, I had fillet of beef as my main course. Even the coffee to finish with was served in a metal cafetierre with petit fours. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a romantic Sunday lunchBellaDined on 31/3/2013Lovely food, attentive and friendly service and an excellent wine menu meant that Elizabeth's was the perfect place for a romantic Sunday lunch in Rochester. Would definitely recommend it.
- Food was very good and theM2DineDined on 31/3/2013Food was very good and the Service was first class throughout our meal - a great location with real characterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely dining experienceTimRDined on 12/3/2013Recently booked a table at E of E and wasn't disappointed at all. My girlfriend and I opted for the 3 course Evening Meal menu which I feel was great value! The menu contained a good variety of options, and our selected courses were well presented, very well executed dishes. The service was also extremely good. Very attentive and knowledgeable staff who were always on hand if required. All in all, it was a real treat of an evening and we both left extremely satisfied. We will definitely be back, and perhaps try the delicious sounding main menu.Special Features:
- Third time of eating here,HuntingforGoodFoodDined on 8/3/2013Third time of eating here, very good on all three occassions. Was going to try somewhere new, glad we didn't as this was the best of all three occasions. They have also structured their pricing so it is now just that little bit cheaper to eat here. Starter, main, coffee and wine for £70 for two, can't complain. Both my wife and I were expecting our mains to be very rich, but were pleasantly surprised at how delicate they actually were, fine touch from the chef. Have eaten at several big name restuarants in London and Elizabeth's is easliy up there with them, if not better and definitely the best in Rochester.Special Features:
- just FantasticOlegDined on 15/2/2013Our 9th time at this place. We just love it. Best place in Kent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top noshmerlinDined on 25/1/2013I have been going to Elizabeths for some time now and have never had either bad food or service. It is a small and welcomng restaurant serving fresh local produce cooked to a high standard - the Kent lamb is to die for. It is ideal for entertaining friends or going for a special meal for two. Although I have eaten in restaurants all over the world I will always go back to Elizabeths as it is my favourite eatery. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendMosspigletDined on 23/12/2012I first visited Elizabeth's two years ago and had a lovely lunch. I don't visit Rochester often but when I realised we would be again I immediately thought of Elizabeth's. We had another great meal over the weekend. A varied and tasty menu. Good wine selection. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Lunch In Rochester, Kent.SissyDined on 16/12/2012Excellent, well cooked and served food, from a slightly unusual but interesting menu. Very attentive and competent service. Good value for the quality of food offered. Top of our list for the next time we are in the area and want to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ELIZABETHS, ROCHESTERGAVINDined on 14/12/2012FINE DINING AT IT'S BEST, SET MENU'S AND GREAT CHOICE OF WINES. THE FOOD IS ALWAYS EXCELLENT AS IS BOTH SERVICE AND AMBIENCE. A GREAT PLACE TO VISIT FOR ANY OCCASIONSpecial Features:
- Always a great meal at Elizabeth'sMaginthecityDined on 12/12/2012Ate with my husband at Elizabeth's for a celebratory dinner mid-week. We had a lovely table by the window and the service was very attentive. Food was excellent -- scallops were cooked to perfection and our mains were equally as good. We didn't indulge in pudding, but did have lovely coffees. Would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been a few times andKentVIPDined on 11/12/2012We have been a few times and we are never disappointed, the food is always excellent. The service is great. The restaurant could do with some renovation to modernise to bring it into line with most fine dining restaurants but don't let this put you off, the surroundings are lovely just a little dated.Special Features:
- wonderful experiencejudyloDined on 15/11/2012I booked a table at Elizabeths on my sons recommendation for our 40th anniversary. It was a wonderful experience, the selection of outstanding food, wine and attention to detail was superb. Thank you to the staff for a wonderful couple of hours we will be back iSpecial Features:
- We had a wonderful meal asElsieDined on 19/10/2012We had a wonderful meal as always with superb food and excellent service. Yes, the price is quite expensive but for a special occasion it is more than worth it. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect evening.LorraineDined on 19/9/2012My husband and myself try to treat ourselves every couple of months to a meal at Elizabeth's. Although it is a little bit pricey, the food,the attention to detail and the dedication of the staff is second to none. The food is locally sourced and alway's so fresh. My only downside is i can't afford to eat there on a weekly basis. If you want to treat somebody for a birthday or special occasion try Elizabeth's.You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LUNCH AT ELIZABETH'S OF ROCHESTERBUDGIEDined on 15/9/2012First class food, good varied menu, excellent service, wii book again, and our compliments to the ChefSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as alwaysRednobleDined on 17/8/2012Elizabeth's never disappoints: food is superb and staff very professional whilst also being friendly and helpful. The menu straightforward without being pretentious and the ingredients are locally sourced and very, very fresh. A little more expensive than many, but in my opinion well worth every penny. 3 course Dinner for two with pre-dinner drinks, an excellent bottle of Pinot Noir plus the chef's complimentary 'amuse bouche' pre-starter tasters, olives and bread around £125.Special Features:
- OutstandingwhitemanDined on 7/8/2012Great food, very attentive staff,nice atmosphere for a special occasion such as a Wedding Annniversay.Overall i would say outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can I have some more please?gastrogirlDined on 7/8/2012This first time at Elizabeth's has left me with the feeling of 'Can I have a bit more, please?' It's so nice to be served by friendly and professional staff, who don't come round to ask 'everything alright for you?" My friend and I had three courses. The amuse-bouche was a nice treat and sent out a promise of what was to come. The food was lovely; imaginative dishes from fresh produce, cooked to perfection, accompanied by a smooth Merlot The coffee with petits fours on the menu gets full points from me. Good coffee (could've been a bit stronger, but that's probably my continental taste) with just a little bit of sweetness is all I want. I don't think I'll be able to afford to go every week, but once in a while will be a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good first visitKentVIPDined on 31/7/2012This was our first visit to Elizabeth's. What a lovely restaurant if stuck in the past a little. While the staff are wonderful, they are a little "stayed" in this day and age they need to relax a little - not too much, just a little. The decor is also a bit dated and although this is in a lovely building they really could do so much more with it. Having said that. This place is definately worth a visit, great food, great staff, nice atmosphere. They are definitely on a par with topes - another of my favourites in Rochester. Tried booking a table for this weekend just gone and they were full - gutted! So although I like to recommend them - make sure they leave a table for us!! ;-)Special Features:
- Must be visitedEarthmuvvaDined on 31/7/2012My partner and I visit this restaurant as often as we can afford. It's a bit pricey but absolutely worth every penny. Staff wait on your every need and the food is fantastic. Well worth a visit....if only for a special occasion. You will not be disappointed.Special Features: