12 Stoney Street
London, SE1 9ADNeighbourhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elliotscafe.com/
- Phone: 020 7403 7436
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12pm - 3pm
Monday - Saturday: 6pm - 10pm
Saturday - Lunch 12pm - 4pm
Sunday - Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Brett Redman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Fireplace, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Elliot's
Elliot’s is located in London's Borough Market. We aim to work closely with the market traders in offering a menu which directly reflects the range of produce you will find available on any particular day. Our dishes are generally based around one or two central ingredients and we encourage guests to share dishes as they arrive at the table. We offer a mixture of familiar and unusual wines from small vineyards with a particular interest in the organic, bio-dynamic and natural approach. In addition to this we offer cider from the New Forest and beers from a range of London based small scale brewers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary European
Elliot's - Best restaurants in London Bridge ›
Elliot's reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since 20 November 2013
fit for foodies (105)romance (38)brunch (33)business meals (33)special occasions (32)good vegetarian options (25)sunday lunch (18)pre/post theatre (18)group bookings (14)outstanding value (9)outdoor eating (7)child friendly (3)afternoon tea (3)disabled access (2)Show More
- Great food, great wine, great serviceJeanGaDined on 15/11/2014Had a great time. Very friendly staff, serving great food. Great dining experience all round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 13/11/2014Always delivers. Pierre on bar was especially friendly and engagingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious from start to finishCoffeefusspotDined on 12/11/2014As a small group, we shared and enjoyed every dish. The flavours were great, as were the wines. I couldn't fault the service - knowledgable and attentive without any smarminess... And asking about the digestives turned out to be a winning decision. Amazing stuff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElliotsSonnyDined on 6/11/2014All four friends thought this would be the place to have a get together over some good food & wine . We were so disappointed . The noise level was so high (even though not full) that one of our friends who has a hearing aid had to go outside to turn off the ambience setting so he could hear us.The food were indeed small plates with a large price tag. The wine was also overpriced & the service so hit & miss that we left early & moved on to another restaurant.
- Great EnvironmentaleksaharovskyDined on 5/11/2014Great environment, fancy and the food is delicious. The small portions give you the opportunity to try at least 4 or 5 options from the menu. Not to mention it's in front of Borough Market. It's a lovely area to have a walk or some pints after dinner. The staff is awesome. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- A confusing menu, but a good mealforstersDined on 1/11/2014We did find the menu very confusing. Although the waiter engaged with us and explained the menu, we did find it limiting- for instance you could only order a steak or sea bass if you had the whole cut/fish, so for 2 who would prefer different meals, this was limiting. The language was also confusing, so we had to google some of the menu. Why put a fancy word for mozzarella that no-one understands? Or if you want to educate us, put both, perhaps? The duck breast and quail were particularly well cooked and we both loved the curd/beetroot/crumble dish. The cloudy prosecco was a triumph. It was all a little bit nearly there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IntimateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/10/2014Perfect for a first or early date, especially if you've just been walking round Borough Market and want some tasty but original food choices!Special Features:
- MissLemonDined on 29/10/2014One of my favourites. It's a treat when I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealSophieDined on 27/10/2014Another great meal in one of my favourite spots. Atmospheric location, great service and delicious food. If you are tempted to try the orange wine, I'd start with a glass rather than a bottle! It's not to everyone's taste but is worth trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentRobeeDined on 23/10/2014Our previous experience been first class. Sadly a considerable change has taken place. At an 20:30 table, we were told on arrival that all steaks were gone and the only fish dishes for two had also run out. With the majority of tables for couples, seems odd the majority of mains were suggested and priced for four, with no flexibility. The waitress struggled to explain politely as to why this was, her main suggestion being that the portions were small and actually ok for two, despite the description and high price shown on the menu plainly saying to the opposite. Due to the wholely surly attitude of the waitress and her failure to give a customer focused response, we made the decision to leave without placing an order at all.
- Elliot'sTiggerDined on 23/10/2014What a great new find - great little restaurant with great fresh locally sourced food -- a good atmosphere and very good service. Can't recommend it highly enough - ENJOY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average service, poor foodAlellyDined on 21/10/2014Went for a meal with some friends this week. The whole thing was a disappointment. The server told us to order 2-3 small dishes pp and share and that they were 'between a starter and a main' size. The sizes were hugely inconsistent, we ordered the scallop dish and got ONE scallop. For £8. To share. Disgraceful. All the other tables got bread but we weren't given any. The dishes were brought out in a staggered formation but too spaced out and with no sort of planning. The first dish that came out they brought two of, which I assumed they had split- they hadn't and tried to charge twice on the basis that we hadn't realised their mistake?! Most of the dishes were served with too much overpowering sauce.
- Delicious Dinner !LondonFoodieDined on 17/10/2014Having walked past elliot’s a number of times we visited on a Friday evening, whilst the restaurant was very busy the service level was still very good. The selection of dishes was vast with excellent seafood as well as seasonal game (Warm Partridge Salad was excellent) & more standard meats! The wine selection was wide with all being naturally produced – the waiter was able to discuss these in detail which was most helpful. Overall an excellent meal with no issues what so ever - will be returning for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing cheeseburgerbeckersDined on 16/10/2014We went to Elliot's for their much-vaunted cheeseburger, which makes many lists of the best burgers in London, and it was absolutely worth it. It's not a cheap burger, and you can only get it during the week (which annoyingly means it's not that easy to get if you don't happen to work nearby), but it was DEFINITELY worth the trip. The service was friendly and fast, the atmosphere was both relaxed and welcoming for a fairly rapid lunch, and the cheeseburger was nigh on perfect.
- Mouthwatering morselsnoojwhiteDined on 16/10/2014First visit on recommendation by husband. We were guided by the waitress - fresh crab on toast, pasta with hare Ragu, creamy mozzarella and tomatos and a grouse salad. All were presented beautifully and tantalized the taste buds. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 2mawan56Dined on 15/10/2014I always take visitors to London here to taste London's food at its best. This visit was with a new friend, getting to know each other in a relaxed setting. Fantastic staff, just enough attention, not too intrusive and they know their stuff - food and whiskey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elliot's-Great flavours/atmosphereNickPVIPDined on 15/10/2014Restaurant/bar has nice cosy feel with warm decor. Was a little confused on the structure of the menu, operates almost a meze style; but a small thing once the food comes out. Portions not huge, but food is packed with flavour and some interesting dishes to choose from. Work on at least two 'plates' per person if you're having dinner. Service was attentive and relaxed, although the food did take a while to come out once the place filled up. Next door to Borough Market, you'd reasonably expect good quality ingrediants and the food didn't disappoint. Would definately recommend a try...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure...GilloDined on 7/10/2014As always Elliott's was a great night out. Tried one of the new cocktails (with a tomato liqueur), which was excellent. Service is always spot on, food arriving hot and well presented. I think my friend is now addicted to the goat curd with honeycomb, and the quail with harissa is spicy, flavoursome and there's a never a shred left on the bones.Special Features:
- Always exceptionalMyFavouriteHobbyDined on 3/10/2014Some of the best food in Borough (let alone London). The food is always excellent, and the waiting staff are very well informed, friendly and attentive. A lot of the dishes are small sharing plates, but you can also order larger meat and fish options which are great for a group. Many gluten-free options also.Special Features:
- Good good, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/10/2014Went for an early evening meal. Lovely choice of small plates using seasonal ingredients. The goats curd am honeycomb was excellent. Wine was overpriced. Really let down by the poor service. We were told 15 mins into arriving that the table needed to be vacated by 8.30 which was less time than they state on their website for being able to eat. Then repeatedly reminded of this throughout the meal which left us feeling rushed and uncomfortable. Wouldn't return their in a hurry.
- Food at Elliot'sPaulieDined on 3/10/2014The food was excellent. Fish served to a very high standard. The staff were excellent. Their knowledge and advice as to what we should choose made the dining experience even better. We shared 4 starters and had a large Brill which was cooked to perfection. The potatoes filled us up but we found room to share 3 deserts between the 4 of us which completed a perfect mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and winesimonbVIPDined on 1/10/2014the food at Elliot's is excellent and they have an outstanding, natural wine list. However, the service on this occasion at least was lacking. Our waiter was excellent and tried really hard but they were really busy and he had no support from what appeared to be his managers. Other than this it is well worth visiting and I will certainly go back.Special Features:
- Great food & wine but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/9/2014I really enjoyed discovering Elliot's. It has a lovely ambience, located in the heart of Borough market. The food & wine was excellent, yet the only thing I walked away with was remembering that it isn't great value for money. We ordered dishes to share, a glass of prosecco and a glass of chenin blanc - with service charge the cost was approx. £45 each. 3 out of 4 of our dishes were excellent, yet the scallops or should I say scallop although good was ridiculously expensive. We received ONE scallop between two for the cost of £10!!! Needless to say if I do come back I will not be ordering that dish again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great service.Jimmy90Dined on 27/9/2014Saturday night here. Been here a few times. As usual he food was amazing. Some really interesting things on the menu and cooked to perfection. Great atmosphere. Nice and laid back. Excellent service. Helpful, knowledgable, friendly, but not to intrusive. To be honest they get everything spot on in this place. In my view one of the best places to eat in London.Special Features:
- What a treasureracymulletVIPDined on 27/9/2014Once again the food and service at Eliot's was top notch. The staff here are lovely and the ambience is just right for a poplar market side restaurant. They always have interesting wine on the wine list and the staff really know their stuff. The manager Pierre, really looked after us beautifully as always. Many thanks
- Excellent!LtlcaDined on 24/9/2014Fantastic meal, utterly delicious food, a little on the pricey side mind you. Worth trying the house prosecco.Special Features:
- Elliot'scarrieDined on 15/9/2014Excellent service. Menu not quite as good as usual for us as it had more hearty meat dishes and we prefer more fish/vegetarian. Other than that delicious as always.Special Features:
- Yummy and Happy.YummificatedDined on 13/9/2014What a lovely light and airy space. Great friendly service, the young women serving us were smiley and happy to see me and my friend enjoying ourselves. Gorgeous food.....I could eat it all again just writing this. Highly and Hugely recommend it. AND I'm taking my partner there next week....so that will be twice in a week! What a find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and Fine!MimiDined on 10/9/2014Highly recommend it. The cod and green bean dish was outstanding as was the burrata, duke and tomato starter. Delicious food and good value. Loved the friendly, casual pub ambiance and street vibe. The servers work their butts off because this place really hops. Even midweek. You can't go wrong with this choiceSpecial Features:
- Not worth the hyperuubDined on 10/9/2014Disappointment. Too noisy, cramped. Food OK but vastly overpriced.
- Food. As it should be.LozzaDined on 3/9/2014These guys looked after us. Good food. Good wine. Passionate people. Share amongst the table. Ask questions to the super knowledgable staff if you need something explained. They know their stuff and want to share it with you. I will back many times before the year it out.Special Features:
- Amazing seafood in foodie-ville!davidjpilgrimVIPDined on 1/9/2014Had this place on my list for ages and finally tried it. We expected it to be good given the location in Borough market. It was absolutely delicious and ate possible the best scallops we've ever had. At £10 for one giant scallop in the shell, you clearly need to be passionate about food. They were so good we ordered two. Love our food and we are avid cooks at home so standards are always high and Elliot's did not disappoint. Highly recommend. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great but not perfectCharloDined on 21/8/2014The food at Elliot's is great. Its focus is on the ingredients rather than doing anything overly fancy, which is exactly the sort of cooking I love. My only niggle was it didn't feel like a whole meal. Each of the sharing plates came individually and it didn't feel like there were enough veggie side options to make it feel balanced. Although the concept is about sharing plates I felt some of the dishes were hard to share. Overall, I would recommend it but my rating would go to 5 star if next time I went I found that these tweeks had been madeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Borough Market YumChompDined on 15/8/2014Lovely lovely food. Great decor. Only downside for me is the Natural wine thing. It is a taste I definitely have not acquired and is ridiculously expensive, so I have to stick to beer when I go there. Would be nice if they gave an alternative unnatural wine for the unconverted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A noisy restaurantShangliDined on 13/8/2014There were a table of drunk and noisy people who just spoiled the entire experience.Special Features:
- Love this placeracymulletVIPDined on 11/8/2014Two of us chose three small plates - all them were excellent. We kicked off with a glass each of their delicious prosecco and went on to enjoy some great red wine. Best of all all of the staff were warm and friendly and could simply not have been nicer. I already loved this place belore. Now Elliots is a firm favourite for ever. Deep joy!!Special Features:
- Good..CharJones87Dined on 9/8/2014As a vegetarian it probably wasn't the best choice, but this restaurant always looks bustling with a great ambience, so I was keen to try.. Nice food, more for fish/meat eaters, but a lovely place for a nice meal. Lots of cheese options for veggies! :)Special Features:
- HorrificOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Last week, I brought my parents here for a meal and paid £177.00 for an evening meal. I was recommended Elliots by a friend. The service was horrific - we were not informed that we had to vacate table in time and thus could not order many things off the menu. My parents were very upset and I was very embarrassed. Feel really let down.
- messed up ordersaffersDined on 6/8/2014we were seated in a really noisy busy service area that made us feel dizzy with staff running all around our table. The cafe was so hot, we asked if we could sit outside or if they could put the air con on, she said it was on full blast, that is totally impossible i could feel nothing but humid heat, no air movement. They gave the next table half of our dishes which they ate, they had no idea we were still waiting for them until we pointed it out and said the next table were given our dishes. we asked for the bill, they still added all the service charge despite getting only 50% of our order correct without any apology. Lame.
- Good food, forgetful waitersbaldilocksDined on 4/8/2014Had a lovely meal here on Monday the 4th of August. The main issue was that most of our order seemed to have been forgotten by the time we started receiving our food. In all, we had 3 out of 6 plates we actually ordered and 3 which we hadn't. To be fair, all the food was very good and we didn't have to pay for the plates we hadn't ordered, but it would have been nice to have received more of the plates we actually wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.