12 Stoney Street
London, SE1 9ADNeighbourhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elliotscafe.com/
- Phone: 02074037436
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12pm - 3pm
Monday - Saturday: 6pm - 10pm
Saturday - Lunch 12pm - 4pm
Sunday - Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Brett Redman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Fireplace, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Elliot's
Elliot’s is located in London's Borough Market. We aim to work closely with the market traders in offering a menu which directly reflects the range of produce you will find available on any particular day. Our dishes are generally based around one or two central ingredients and we encourage guests to share dishes as they arrive at the table. We offer a mixture of familiar and unusual wines from small vineyards with a particular interest in the organic, bio-dynamic and natural approach. In addition to this we offer cider from the New Forest and beers from a range of London based small scale brewers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Elliot's - Best restaurants in London Bridge ›
Elliot's reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since 2 June 2014
fit for foodies (90)business meals (31)brunch (28)good vegetarian options (25)special occasions (23)romance (22)sunday lunch (16)outstanding value (11)group bookings (11)pre/post theatre (11)outdoor eating (8)child friendly (3)afternoon tea (3)disabled access (2)Show More
- Great food. Great service.Jimmy90Dined on 27/9/2014Saturday night here. Been here a few times. As usual he food was amazing. Some really interesting things on the menu and cooked to perfection. Great atmosphere. Nice and laid back. Excellent service. Helpful, knowledgable, friendly, but not to intrusive. To be honest they get everything spot on in this place. In my view one of the best places to eat in London.Special Features:
- What a treasureracymulletVIPDined on 27/9/2014Once again the food and service at Eliot's was top notch. The staff here are lovely and the ambience is just right for a poplar market side restaurant. They always have interesting wine on the wine list and the staff really know their stuff. The manager Pierre, really looked after us beautifully as always. Many thanks
- Excellent!LtlcaDined on 24/9/2014Fantastic meal, utterly delicious food, a little on the pricey side mind you. Worth trying the house prosecco.Special Features:
- Elliot'scarrieDined on 15/9/2014Excellent service. Menu not quite as good as usual for us as it had more hearty meat dishes and we prefer more fish/vegetarian. Other than that delicious as always.Special Features:
- Yummy and Happy.YummificatedDined on 13/9/2014What a lovely light and airy space. Great friendly service, the young women serving us were smiley and happy to see me and my friend enjoying ourselves. Gorgeous food.....I could eat it all again just writing this. Highly and Hugely recommend it. AND I'm taking my partner there next week....so that will be twice in a week! What a find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and Fine!MimiDined on 10/9/2014Highly recommend it. The cod and green bean dish was outstanding as was the burrata, duke and tomato starter. Delicious food and good value. Loved the friendly, casual pub ambiance and street vibe. The servers work their butts off because this place really hops. Even midweek. You can't go wrong with this choiceSpecial Features:
- Not worth the hyperuubDined on 10/9/2014Disappointment. Too noisy, cramped. Food OK but vastly overpriced.
- Food. As it should be.LozzaDined on 3/9/2014These guys looked after us. Good food. Good wine. Passionate people. Share amongst the table. Ask questions to the super knowledgable staff if you need something explained. They know their stuff and want to share it with you. I will back many times before the year it out.Special Features:
- Amazing seafood in foodie-ville!davidjpilgrimVIPDined on 1/9/2014Had this place on my list for ages and finally tried it. We expected it to be good given the location in Borough market. It was absolutely delicious and ate possible the best scallops we've ever had. At £10 for one giant scallop in the shell, you clearly need to be passionate about food. They were so good we ordered two. Love our food and we are avid cooks at home so standards are always high and Elliot's did not disappoint. Highly recommend. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great but not perfectCharloDined on 21/8/2014The food at Elliot's is great. Its focus is on the ingredients rather than doing anything overly fancy, which is exactly the sort of cooking I love. My only niggle was it didn't feel like a whole meal. Each of the sharing plates came individually and it didn't feel like there were enough veggie side options to make it feel balanced. Although the concept is about sharing plates I felt some of the dishes were hard to share. Overall, I would recommend it but my rating would go to 5 star if next time I went I found that these tweeks had been madeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Borough Market YumChompDined on 15/8/2014Lovely lovely food. Great decor. Only downside for me is the Natural wine thing. It is a taste I definitely have not acquired and is ridiculously expensive, so I have to stick to beer when I go there. Would be nice if they gave an alternative unnatural wine for the unconverted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A noisy restaurantShangliDined on 13/8/2014There were a table of drunk and noisy people who just spoiled the entire experience.Special Features:
- Love this placeracymulletVIPDined on 11/8/2014Two of us chose three small plates - all them were excellent. We kicked off with a glass each of their delicious prosecco and went on to enjoy some great red wine. Best of all all of the staff were warm and friendly and could simply not have been nicer. I already loved this place belore. Now Elliots is a firm favourite for ever. Deep joy!!Special Features:
- Good..CharJones87Dined on 9/8/2014As a vegetarian it probably wasn't the best choice, but this restaurant always looks bustling with a great ambience, so I was keen to try.. Nice food, more for fish/meat eaters, but a lovely place for a nice meal. Lots of cheese options for veggies! :)Special Features:
- HorrificOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Last week, I brought my parents here for a meal and paid £177.00 for an evening meal. I was recommended Elliots by a friend. The service was horrific - we were not informed that we had to vacate table in time and thus could not order many things off the menu. My parents were very upset and I was very embarrassed. Feel really let down.
- messed up ordersaffersDined on 6/8/2014we were seated in a really noisy busy service area that made us feel dizzy with staff running all around our table. The cafe was so hot, we asked if we could sit outside or if they could put the air con on, she said it was on full blast, that is totally impossible i could feel nothing but humid heat, no air movement. They gave the next table half of our dishes which they ate, they had no idea we were still waiting for them until we pointed it out and said the next table were given our dishes. we asked for the bill, they still added all the service charge despite getting only 50% of our order correct without any apology. Lame.
- Good food, forgetful waitersbaldilocksDined on 4/8/2014Had a lovely meal here on Monday the 4th of August. The main issue was that most of our order seemed to have been forgotten by the time we started receiving our food. In all, we had 3 out of 6 plates we actually ordered and 3 which we hadn't. To be fair, all the food was very good and we didn't have to pay for the plates we hadn't ordered, but it would have been nice to have received more of the plates we actually wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchplateauxDined on 4/8/2014I used to Come on Sunday brunch and I be heard it s closed on Sunday now but for me the best time for Elliot's was Sunday !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ver goodjamesbjDined on 2/8/2014The food was fantastic and there was a good selection of wines and bears that aren't of the norm. we were talked through the menu (very helpful) will be going back againSpecial Features:
- Relaxed first class foodWillSDined on 2/8/2014Fresh market produce cooked and served with real passion and intelligence. All this accompanied by natural wines in a light airy restaurant where all the staff know and care about what they do.Special Features:
- Good food but not cheapSGMGVIPDined on 1/8/2014Given all of the options at Borough Market i'm not sure I'd return here again - £15 (plus service) for a burger is strong money. The meat and bun were good but £15 good for lunch? I'm less sure.Special Features:
- DisappointingBiltmanDined on 28/7/2014The cheeseburger at Elliot's was rated as one of the best in London by BurgerMe, so I was excited to go. Sadly, it was, at best, average. And for £15, it was a downright rip-off. There are few places in London that know how to do a burger well, and Elliot's is NOT one of them. If you want to pay half this for a good cheeseburger (still too much to pay, but this is London, after all), check out Five Guys.
- Elliots delivers again.KittyCatDined on 26/7/2014I love this restaurant and have never had a bad meal here. Simple fare but beautifully prepared and delivered. Just what you would expect when they have the best of Borough Market on their doorstep. Staff are excellent - helpful, knowledgeable and with just the right amount of flirtatious personality that always makes the evening more fun. We have been for lunch and dinner and we are never disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/7/2014Expensive for the type of food. The hamburger was very good, but it cost 15 pounds when u can eat one as good at the market for 1/3 of the price. The salmon very simple, nothing to remember and also very expensive for what u get
- Great food, amazing cocktailsFoodieDined on 19/7/2014Really good food, staff were really helpful and really good to accommodate dietary needs :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant night & amazing mealbensubstantiallysmithDined on 18/7/2014We went along on the hottest night of the year so far, but even the muggy heat couldn't get in the way of the brilliant food and experience. Absolutely loved everything we ate, not a bad word to say. The staff were great, the venue was cool, everything A++.Special Features:
- IEFoodieDined on 17/7/2014Elliot's manages to capture the essence of Borough Market within its tightly packed restaurant. Very popular which is understandable, the food was not complicated, good quality and served in a timely manor. We had lunch, a sharing fish dish which was a nice way to serve (they do have a good choice on the menu). Will return, thank you guys.Special Features:
- Great menu and wine listXtinaDined on 10/7/2014Absolutely delicious. I've wanted to try Elliot's for a while and am so glad I did. Dishes were creative and tasty and the staff helped us choose a couple of nice glasses of wine. Only small criticism would be that the staff didn't seem to be too pleased to see us at first and it felt like we were imposing on them a bit on their time when asking about the menu. Would definitely recommend and will return.Special Features:
- Good food overall, slow serviceSobesDined on 9/7/2014We visited Elliot's on Wednesday night and had a booking for 8:15 pm. We were seated right away and ordered within 15 mins. As it's a tapas restaurant understandably we got the food as it was made but we had asked for two dishes (chicken and tuna) to come together as the chicken took 30 mins to cook. While we received some of our food within 45 mins unfortunately the last two pieces came at 10:15 which meant we were waiting for a long time for the 'main' food. Overall the food was fine but the tuna and chicken weren't great. I would recommend it if you have a lot of time to eat!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Little findBrenchleyLTLDined on 4/7/2014Booked for lunch on a trip up to town and loved it so much we can back for dinner that night as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 30/6/2014As a solo, non business diner, felt I was neglected by staff.Special Features:
- Always a treatConfordparkDined on 25/6/2014Smaller dishes to share, all well presented. Lovely Borough market fare. Been several times, but despite promises to the contrary the menu doesn't change much.Special Features:
- New favouriteKMunDined on 24/6/2014Fantastic food; interesting plates as well as some traditional fare. Their deserts are not to be missed - especially the salted caramel tart - unlike anything I've eaten before. Will certainly be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ElliotsrealwineDined on 20/6/2014Exceptional food- particularly a perfectly cooked whole brill. A menu based on great produce from Borough market. Charming and well informed service. And a stunning wine list.Special Features:
- Dinner at Elliot'sJMilliDined on 18/6/2014We had a lovely meal at Elliot's, a cosy atmosphere, lovely food and great service. I'm looking forward to going back and would recommend to others.Special Features:
- Excellent food if a little priceyMrMarboDined on 13/6/2014The atmosphere was extremely inviting with a golden ambient glow over everything. It immediately felt as though we were eating somewhere where the quality of the food was important. The staff were extremely knowledgable and friendly and as we deliberated the wine choice, made suggestions and offered tastings. Overall the food was beautifully cooked but as a group we felt some dishes were extremely expensive. The roast chicken was packed with flavour, moist and delicious as was the Ox tongue but I felt let down by my plaice which was a very small portion and not a fillet so at £12 left me with what felt like a brief taste. Thoroughly enjoyed the Wigmore and the roast potato sides were cooked to perfection. I would visit again for lunch.Special Features:
- Lunch at Elliot'sDonostiarraDined on 13/6/2014I had lunch at Elliot's with a friend. It was a sunny day and the table I was given first was in the sun, after a few minutes it was too hot and I asked to be move to one in the shade, this was done as requested. It was my first time and I liked the variety in the menu, every dish seemed to have something interesting and special about it. Overall the food was very good, the service attentive and relaxed. The only negative is, it felt a bit slow. I'll definitely go back and I recommend it.Special Features:
- Borough Market gemCentralLondonCoupleDined on 12/6/2014Went to Elliot's for dinner, last week and lunch this week. Excellent both times. Great, constantly changing menu, outstanding service but informal and relaxed. Great to meet friends but lacks the formality for the "power" lunch with clients. Highly recommended in an area that promises more on the restaurant front, than it delivers.Special Features:
- Warm & friendlyHenrisanDined on 7/6/2014We spent a morning at Elliot's with a group of friends. We arrived slightly late, added more people ordered a million cappuccinos - all handled with a smile by the lovely staff. Food was delicious, coffee great. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceKreanDined on 6/6/2014This is my 2nd time at Elliot's and it is easily one of my favourite restaurants in London. The restaurant has a great atmosphere and the food is delicious, the highlight for me being the goats curd, honeycomb and toasted brioche. I definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.