28 Putney High Street
London, SW15 1SQNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.enotecaturi.com/
- Phone: 020 8785 4449
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12pm - 2.30pm
Monday - Thursday: 7pm - 10.30pm; Friday - Saturday: 7pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Baldo Amodio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Enoteca Turi hosts a series of Wine Tasting Dinners and special food events throughout the year. Visit our website to join our Dining Circle
- Public Transit: Tube: Putney Bridge, District Line Turn diagonally left out of the station and walk towards Putney Bridge. Cross over the bridge and we are directly opposite the Odeon Cinema. Buses: 14,22,74,85,93,220,270,430
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: 'Pay and Display' parking available. Ample parking after 6.30 pm. Nearest daytime car park is in the Putney Exchange, Lacy Road. This closes at 8.00 pm.
A word from Enoteca Turi
Enoteca Turi, a well-established Italian restaurant in south-west London, has consistently won awards both for the authentic regional Italian cuisine and for its "awesome" 300+ bin Italian wine list, which includes many older vintages of great names as well as hand-picked boutique bottles from small, passionate winemakers. Known for matching food and wines on the menu, signature dishes include: antipasto pugliese with fava bean puree and rabbit alla stimpirata.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Enoteca Turi - Best restaurants in Putney ›
Enoteca Turi reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since 25 November 2013
special occasions (88)fit for foodies (62)romance (57)business meals (44)group bookings (14)good vegetarian options (14)outstanding value (7)disabled access (6)pre/post theatre (5)sunday lunch (5)outdoor eating (1)child friendly (1)brunch (1)Show More
- Outstanding Italian Restaurantbarlinka0505Dined on 12/11/2014We had a wonderful evening at Enoteca Turi. The food is outstanding- Italian fine dining. The warm welcome and great service made this evening complete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All treats and no tricksSamwiseTDined on 31/10/2014A Halloween visit to this restaurant, but certainly not a horror story…….. The food is always fantastic at this restaurant, but it was particularly good on this occasion. We took advantage of the 'Chestnut, Game and Truffle' menu and were not disappointed. We hear that they have a new chef - congratulations - we will be back again and soon!Special Features:
- Great food and wine menuWoodyDined on 30/10/2014Always enjoy and always wonder why we don't go back more frequently! Great food and wine!Special Features:
- Amazing dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 29/10/2014Great truffle dinner with one of the best italian chef. Best italian restaurant in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely placeJRWandDined on 25/10/2014Been a couple of times and really like the place! Always a great atmosphere and delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality foodKCPutneyDined on 23/10/2014Terrific food, quite pricey but high quality and delicious. A place for foodies, special occasions and business meals.Special Features:
- FormbyDined on 10/10/2014We have always loved Italy and particularly Italian food and of course the wines and of those Sicilian wines. Enoteca could be in Umbria/Tuscany/Sicily as it embodies all we enjoy in these areas and served me the most delicious main course I have had for a long timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Gem on a High StreetJonetDined on 4/10/2014I have been meaning to come to this restaurant for years, but always had somewhere else better to try. The truth is that the location put me off slightly, as it sits in Putney High Street (not necessarily a mecca for foodies). How wrong could I be??? The food was amazing and covered the various Italian regions (OMG: Osso Bucco Milanese) and do keep an eye out for the Daily Specials. All dishes were very well cooked and presented. My only gripe was that the tables were very close to each other and when tables were seated I kept being bumped by the waiter (and we had a lovely corner of the rear part of the restaurant). Not anyone's fault and understand the need to put as many tables, though still a little annoying.Special Features:
- Lost in translation.foodiefanVIPDined on 4/10/2014Third visit to enoteca as I have become a big fan. The food was amazingly good again However I was disappointed with the service this time. Ordering a few small pastas to share between 3 of us before our mains we were presented with two large portions. When I queried this the maître de, he nodded and smiled and assured me they were what I asked for. We politely ate them and were so full that it spoiled our main courses. I explained this to the lady owner at the end of the evening and she just smiled and nodded too. So warning to others be v clear about what you want as there is a potential for miscommunication. I will return but they are on a yellow card so no room for errors next time.Special Features:
- Great food, service, personalisedJasonDined on 4/10/2014Delicious food flavour and sauces. Very large wine selection (with helpful accompanying descriptions for all). Very attentive, friendly and informed wait staff made us feel very welcome.Special Features:
- Romantic MealCheekyYumYumDined on 19/9/2014We had a lovely meal which was authentically Italian. The wine list is very comprehensive and the staff are engaged but discrete. My best experience of Italian dining in London!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good momentVero53Dined on 9/9/2014We love italian food and we were very happy with the menu which has enough choices for everyone. The wine list is just amazing. The ambiance is chic but cool. It was really a great momentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyLocalheroVIPDined on 6/9/2014Great ingredients and knowledgable staff. Recommended!Special Features:
- AspireDined on 22/8/2014It was a special celebration meal. My daughter really wanted to try truffles for the first time. She chose the risotto with truffles and she could not have been happier. She is a vegetarian and did not want the bone marrow with the risotto. The waiter was only too happy to oblige. My calves liver was wonderfully delicate and delicious. The only slight fault is that I believe strongly that vegetables should be included and not an extra expense. The wine was superb too!Special Features:
- One of the bestluckyVIPDined on 18/8/2014Being lucky enough to eat out regularly in London I have no doubt that this is one of the best restaurants in and around town. The food flavor experience is first class, the wine list quality and affordable, and the people friendly and professional . Wish they would open up in the West End and CitySpecial Features:
- Great Food!VicDinerDined on 15/8/2014Lovely restaurant and highly polished service where the food was exceptional! All they need to do is sort out the air conditioning unit which was blasting cold airSpecial Features:
- Tasty!LW21Dined on 9/8/2014Delicious food, lovely staff and really liked the option to match a glass of wine to each dish. The only dish we didn't think was outstanding was the lobster pasta main, otherwise everything was great and we'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No time to write a reviewnicknameDined on 7/8/2014But it was lovely. See below in part 4 for details.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Friday lunchanyoneforlunchVIPDined on 1/8/2014The set menu has exceptionally good choices of three for each course at under £20 and the pasta we both had with broad bean pesto was simply scrumptious. It is such a simple and classy place - I might just stay there until they re-open Putney Bridge.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchsussexsheikhDined on 7/7/2014This was a Monday celebratory lunch for brother and sister in law's 75th birthdays. In total four of us. We chose a la carte with a bottle of prosecco to start and a bottle of Italian red with our main course. We each had 3 courses and coffee. Food was impeccably presented as was the service. When booking the table I had requested some flowers on the table for my guests and these were exactly as asked for. The restaurant had noticed this was a special occasion and without any request surprised us all with a pistachio ice cream birthday cake (plus candle!) - yummy. Total cost approx. £60 per head. I had previously dined as a guest for a business lunch and had been impressed then. On both occasions I have not been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousLuv2dineDined on 28/6/2014The food is high end Italian and fabulous! The service is great. I would recommend this to any of my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good LunchGourmetDined on 26/6/2014Enjoyable lunch with good dishes. Had to send the bread back as it was rather dry; otherwise all was well.Special Features:
- Great Italian restaurantRichardDined on 24/6/2014This is a little gem in an unlikely place on Putney High Street. Great food, great wine list and very friendly.Special Features:
- Very good food / outpriced wineFulhamFrenchiesDined on 20/6/2014The food was awesome. Classic Italian recipes made with high quality, fresh and tasty products providing lost of amazing flavours. All dishes look colorfull and a high attention is given to their dressing. We were more disapointed by the wine list. In one hand, there is a huge list of amazing italian wines (rare to find in London) but they are all overpriced (£300/£400 ++) and, on the other hand, the number of affordable bottles (£20/40) is very low. It makes it difficult to People who doesn't know much about italian wine to dicover it starting at the bottom of the ladder... Service was perfect. Globaly, it was a very good experience ! We will certainly enjoy Enoteca Turi again in a near future !Special Features:
- Consistently good across the board.TaraBDined on 14/6/2014Great food, great service! Extensive wine list which is reasonably priced. Am very happy that this high calibre restaurant is in my local neighborhood. Would recommend to anyone - worth the trip to Putney.Special Features:
- Just lovelyHillsDined on 30/5/2014Surprised my boyfriend for his birthday by booking a table for 10 at Enoteca Turi. The staff there could not have been more accommodating - from me changing my booking numbers three times (sorry!) to our guests moving seats every course (not planned, just kind of happened), to bringing a lovely happy birthday 'treat' for the boy himself. The food was outstanding, the service was absolutely impeccable - friendly, attentive, incredibly efficient. I honestly have nothing but good things to say (likewise for all of our guests), and would wholeheartedly recommend this spot to anyone looking for a flawless evening. Well done and thank you to the team.Special Features:
- mid week lunchTheTrusteeDined on 14/5/2014Mid week business lunches are rarely brilliant, but this was superb. Despite a low number of customers the kitchen was on fine form and the staff attentive. A good table d'hote menu and well selected (and paired) house wines made for a perfect lunch.Special Features:
- overpricedLovetoeatDined on 8/5/2014The first and main courses were good but not outstanding; over-salted. The desserts were very ordinary, too sweet and not much flavour. We all felt the service was too quick and it wasn't relaxing. It is not a pre-theatre restaurant, so no need to whisk each dish away as we finished it. Also there was too much topping up of wine glasses (some customers might like this though) and pressure to order more. The bill for three people was almost £160, with service included. Only two of us had wine and two desserts. We thought that was way too much for a good but not extraordinary meal.Special Features:
- One of best Italians in LondonRich68Dined on 3/5/2014This is an amazing place, particularly for Putney. We save this place for treats and every time I go, I walk awAy impressed. The food is simply perfect, honestly one of the best in London. Service perfect and if you are into wine, amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A really special restaurant1234Dined on 19/4/2014Good place for a treat or a special occasion, lovely staff and delicious foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leisurely lunchSaraDined on 17/4/2014Friendly service, no pressure to hurry out and a first class main course. Mozzarella in the first course seemed a little 'tired' but apart from that the food was fabulous.Special Features:
- Evening meal for 2NotEasilyleasedDined on 12/4/2014Food was OK - well-cooked, quite nice but not a taste sensation. The only complaint I have was that, for £130 for a meal for two which only included 1/2 a bottle of wine between us, I would have expected something better. Even allowing for London prices, this was over-priced. And I don't like the 12.5% 'optional' (i.e. compulsory) tip that's included in the bill. It was, however, busy with a fair bit of chatter going on which gives a good atmosphere and means you can talk with your dining companion without feeling that every word is overheard by the people sitting quite close to you.Special Features:
- FoodeeVIPDined on 28/3/2014We came here as a group of 6 and had a really lovely evening! Service was fantastic and very attentive. The staff are very clued up with the menu and the food was delicious! We enjoyed the wine selection also. Great atmosphere also. Will go back for special treats!Special Features:
- Wonderful food beautifully presenteClarabowDined on 21/3/2014As always, this restaurant is outstanding for food and presentation. The staff are very efficient and friendly too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All that a restaurant should beMCPCRDined on 8/3/2014This family-run neighbourhood restaurant provides a perfect combination of good Italian cooking, polite and efficient staff, and a friendly atmosphere. It deserves its excellent reputation locally as it has maintained a high standard for many years. The menu is well-chosen and properly explained, with useful wine recommendations from a perhaps overlong wine list. The staff politely asked a noisy party to consider others, dealt easily with the delayed arrival of one guest at the table, and overall could not be faulted.Special Features:
- Great family run Italian restaurantGrantMDined on 8/3/2014If you're looking for a restaurant in Putney that isn't part of a chain and you're willing to spend a bit more than average for some great authentic Italian meal then certainly put this restaurant on your short list. Smart but relaxed atmosphere with attentive but not fussy service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restuarant south of the riverqwert99Dined on 6/3/2014Cannot fault this excellent local restaurant. Its not cheap, but then since when was great food ever cheap? The wine list is outstanding and puts many a top West End eaterie to shame. Service is excelelnt and the staff are both knowledgeable and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favourite Italian restaurantrobfoodVIPDined on 4/3/2014We go to Enoteca Turi once or twice a year and are never disappointed. It is a friendly local restaurant, upmarket but not formal, with an extensive menu and superb food. The wine selection is interesting and not too expensive and the service is friendly. Highly recommended.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodClarkeyDined on 27/2/2014I have been coming to this restaurant for a number of years and i am never disappointed by it. One of the best restaurants South of the River.Special Features:
- Slightly below the usual standradGourmandeVIPDined on 26/2/2014We have eaten at this upmarket eatery on several occasions but this time the main course was exceptionally white and unappetising and the white wine wasn't cold. The main course of fish was covered with a white potato covering and served with white celeriac puree - it desperately needed some colour! Service more raged than usual and it wasn't busy. Shame because we had a visitor with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.